Infertility

January 2019 IVF

123457»

Re: January 2019 IVF

• @Tulips29 thanks! Im excited and nervous for tomorrow! Dreading the tww as everyone does. Im not sure how he decides how many embryos to put in. I think a couple of factors are in his decision. Our case is entirely MFI, we would love love to have twins (i always have but had resigned myself to not having them due to no genetic twins on mine or DH family history) and the third embryo is not as strong. To be honest i was expecting him to suggest 2 but im happy to implant 3. I think his hope is 1-2 to implant and the third is a backup. 
    @Tulips29 when do you get the results of your PGS testing? Hoping everything comes back normal 😊.

@somewhereinnyc that sounds like good news. Im glad the dr has hope. Fingers crossed everything goes well with your beta tomorrow! Lots of sticky thoughts!!
  • @somewhereinnyc just keep thinking positive, although I KNOW how difficult that is. There is still lots of hope! 

@ACAC25 I'd love to have twins also, but doubt it's in the cards for me if my RE won't transfer more than 1. I think you've got a good chance of 1-2 implanting if you transfer 3. Will be waiting for your news :smiley:
    And I find out either next week or the following week hopefully. They sent them off for testing last Wednesday and said it takes around 14 days. I'm so anxious! Currently on BCP, then my RE wants to start PIO and hopefully we can do a March transfer. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @somewhereinnyc I will be thinking about you and praying you get some good news. 
  • @Tulips29 i hope you find out soon about the PGS testing. We ended up only transferring 2 embryos. The other 4 were not viable. I'm really sad that we didnt have any to freeze. These two are graded as BB which my dr said is good and things are looking good. 

I am excited to have had the transfer but cant help feeling kinda sad about only having 2 embryos. 

@somewhereinnyc wishing you all good vibes and positive thoughts for your beta today. 
  • @ACAC25 Congrats on being PUPO! Sending you lots of sticky vibes. I hope your 2ww goes by quickly and brings good news! I know you feel sad, but think positive that the 2 embryos you had could very well result in beautiful baby or babies and that's the goal. 

@somewhereinnyc thinking of you today and sending lots of positive vibes your way! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thank you!! I'm trying to keep positive, tbh I feel a bit better after eating and resting. I will keep you updated. My PG test is thurs 21st. I'm going to try to resist POAS. 
  • Thanks ladies. Beta did not rise nearly enough today. It’s apparently either an ectopic or a miscarriage. My RE wants me to continue these damn progesterone shots and another blood draw on Thursday. Earliest ultrasound to try to figure this out is Friday. I’m devastated and I was a mess at work- barely kept it together for my meetings. My gut feeling is that this is an ectopic- and I really don’t want to drag this out anymore.

We do have 5 frozen embryos that we will probably end up thawing and doing PGS on. After this, I’m not sure I can stomach a(nother) miscarriage. I will also refuse to let the doc on service who did my transfer ever come near me again is this was an ectopic. 

@tulips29 you’re at Cornell too right? I’m hoping you good some good pgs results on your 4 soon. 
  • @somewhereinnyc I am so so sorry to hear your terrible news. I know there is nothing that can be said to make you feel better. But know I'm thinking of you and sending you virtual hugs at this hard time. 
  • Ugh! @somewhereinnyc I’m so sorry! This is not how it’s supposed to be! My thoughts are with you and sending you virtual hugs. Take all the time you need to heal from this and remember that you’re strong! Do you mind sharing who the doc was that did your transfer? Do they have any effect on how things turn out? I thought my main RE would do the transfer but apparently it’s whoever is on call that day. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tulips29 Kligman did my transfer. He is not my RE. I don’t want to say anything accusatory as I am still not even sure what’s going on (miscarriage vs ectopic). The literature says that placing the embryo too high up or injecting too much media can increase ectopic risk. Apparently some women are prone to it. I have no known predisposition. 

Thanks for the creepy virtual hugs ladies. I wish this was just over so I could move forward. 
  • Just wanted to post an update if anyone ends up reading what happened. It ended up being a chemical. I’m very much relieved (even tho this was of course not the ideal outcome) and hope to move forward w a fresh transfer soon!
  • @somewhereinnyc I'm sorry to hear your news. But its good you are looking ahead to your next transfer. Wishing you lots of luck. 

I'm having a hard time waiting for my beta next week (21st). I feel like I'm reading into everything even though I'm trying not to. My ER was thurs 7th and my transfer was on tuesday 12th. DH doesn't want me to POAS but I feel like I'm going stir crazy waiting. Any tips for dealing with TWW?
  • @ACAC25 I guess what helped me was meditation- I downloaded an app for it. I also found stuff to keep busy. We did stuff like museum tours and I found some complicated recipes to try. I also went for a lot of walks- helps keep me sane. Not sure if any of those things will work for you but hey, worked for me. My DH was the same about not testing beforehand. In some ways it makes sense. I’m not sure I’d be able to keep taking meds and get my blood drawn if I was pretty sure it didn’t work..

thank you for the wishes. Wish you lots of luck too. This process ain’t easy. Did you pgs or skip that?
  • @somewhereinnyc thank you. I am trying to keep busy. I have some stuff planned this weekend and for next week so I'm hoping it will help. I agree this process is not easy at all. 
    We did not do PGS testing. We were told based on our age and info that it was an unnecessary step. So we decided against it. 
  • @somewhereinnyc I'm so sorry about your news :disappointed: . I was really hoping for things to take a better turn for you. But I agree that being positive about next cycle is a good way to go. Do you have a timeline for your next transfer? @ACAC25 the tww is such a mindf***, it's a good thing you have things planned to keep you busy. I remember reading, watching shows and trying not to think of what was possibly happening inside of me. You're almost there!

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thanks. Yah it totally sucks but nothing I can do. I though I could do the transfer as soon as I got a period (still no period yet) but the nurse is now saying I need a full cycle between this fresh IVF chemical and an FET.. so it sound like it’ll be early April.  when’s your FET?
  • @somewhereinnyc you are in my thoughts. My next cycle will be last week of March/first week of April too. Let's hope that one works :)
    @acac25 Good Luck for your first beta soon. 
    @tulips29 Fingers crossed for your next appointment. 
  • @sbhawnani thank you! My beta is Thursday. I'm trying so hard not to POAS. But it's getting difficult. I'm also reading into everything. The last 3 mornings my stomach has felt a bit uneasy first thing in the morning. I'm hoping beyond hope for a positive result on Thursday. 
  • @somewhereinnyc I’m sooooo sorry for your outcome....the next one you will know out of the park for sure!!!!!

I started my FET cycle this morning and I’m super nervous. I’m on estrogen gel and 6mg of estrogen tablets until the 5th of March and my FET is scheduled for 3/11. I’m sooooo glad my OHSS is resolved but I’m still so very nervous about the whole process since I was so confident about the fresh cycle and that everything would go perfect. I just feel like everything is out of our control when it comes to this.
  • @somewhereinnyc I'm still waiting for PGS results. So far I've started taking birth control pills in preparation for an FET, but my RE won't even move further until we know the status of our embryos. I should know any day now and I'm freaking out! 

@ashcash03 yay for starting your FET cycle! You're one step closer. Glad to hear your OHSS is under control as well, it can be so painful and uncomfortable! FX for this cycle being the one for you! 

Ladies, has anyone had this experience after a retrieval? I was told that I would start my period about 1-2 weeks after the retrieval, which I did. But it's been 10 days of bleeding now! Some were sooooo heavy. My periods in the past have always been 5-6 days max, never 10! I have a call out to a nurse as well, but figured I'd ask here as well. Kind of freaking out a bit that it's lasting so long. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thank you...
    Actually I’m going thru that right now. The RE gave me some pills after my retrieval to start my cycle. My retrieval was 1/21, my cycle started 1/30 and I’ve been bleeding since. I started BCP on the 4th day of my cycle and when the bleeding didn’t stop they had me double my BCP for 5 days, but I still kept bleeding! My last active pill was Saturday in preparation of starting my cycle so hopefully it will slow down soon.
  • @ashcash03 That's so odd, but it's reassuring that I'm not alone in this. I spoke to the nurse earlier and she said that it seems rather long and I should come in for an ultrasound tomorrow just to double check. Hoping it slows down for both of us soon! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Well ladies, PGS results are in and I am bummed. Out of the 4 they tested, 2 came back normal, 1 mosaic with possible trisomy 18, and 1 abnormal missing chromosome 16 and not recommended for transfer. The mosaic one is a "proceed with caution" because if it does have trisomy 18, it can lead to Edwards disease, physical/intellectual abnormalities, etc...basically we're probably not going to transfer it anyway. So that leaves us with 2 embryos. Now, out of those 2 normal ones, 1 looks good (about 60% success chance) and 1 looks bad (about 20% success chance). So basically in the end, I'm left with 1 embryo. This is the same thing that happened the last retrieval cycle. I'm bummed as I was really hoping for more embryos. Had a quick chat with the RE and he's suggesting another retrieval cycle, which I'm leaning towards as well. I will likely start that process soon and move over to the March IVF board. I'll be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I'm sorry to hear you didnt have more embryos. But two is still good! It only takes 1! Are you going to be starting another retrieval cycle soon? 
  • @ACAC25 I know it only takes 1, but given the second good embryo is only given a 20% chance of implanting and we'd like more than 1 more child, we'd need to do a retrieval. As much as I want to move quickly, I know I need to do what's best. So I'm at peace with having another retrieval cycle, it is what it is. I'm hoping to start next week and have my retrieval in March. Good thing I already have some medication left over at home from this retrieval :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I'm glad that you are at peace with moving forward for another retrieval. I hope this one brings you many strong normal embryos! That's good that you can start the retrieval cycle next week! And having medication left over is nice! This process can get so expensive!
  • @ACAC25 yes, agree! How are you doing with your tww? Tomorrow is your beta, I believe? Have you resisted the urge to POAS?

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I am doing ok. Reading into everything! But I'm planning a party for DH birthday on fri night so that's been a good distraction. I have not POAS. Although I'm finding it hard not to. Yes tomorrow is my beta. I'm feeling pretty anxious about it!
  • @ACAC25 distractions are good. Reading into everything is hard to avoid. Tomorrow will be here before you know it and I really hope you get wonderful news! Please let us know how everything goes :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thank you! I am about to head out for my beta. I'm not feeling very hopefull. I woke up this morning with  a little brown spotting that has continued. I'm worried this is a sign AF is coming. I guess I'll know by the end of the day though. 
  • @ACAC25 really hoping it's not AF! FX for your results! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• So I'm officially out. My beta came back negative. I'm still spotting. I think AF will come tomorrow. Im pretty devastated but ready to move forward. 
    We have paid for 3 full cycles and our doctor says there is no medical reason we have to wait so I anticipate to start stims again either Saturday or Monday. I'm routing for the rest of you ladies and I'll see some of you in the March IVF board. 
  • @ACAC25 ugh, I'm so sorry! I was really rooting for good news for you. This month wasn't very successful for many. But it's good that you're able to jump right back in. I didn't realize you're doing another retrieval. I hope to start Tuesday so we'll be on the same timeline again. Prayers for a successful next cycle! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thank you. This process is so hard and I'm so grateful for this community to turn to. Yes, unfortunately we did not have any frozen embryos so it will be another full cycle. It's nice to know we will be going through this together, I'll be glad to have a friend on the March IVF board. Praying this is a successful cycle for you too. 
  • @ACAC25 I’m sooooo sorry. This has been rough on us all. Praying 🙏🏾 that March is our lucky 🍀 month. Well off to the March boards we go!
  • @ashcash03 thank you. This month does seem to have been pretty rough. I hope March is a lucky month for all of us. See you in the match board. 
  • Agree ladies. January IVF kinda sucked. Not 1 lady had success. Update on my situation: I ended getting laparoscopic surgery due to some concern for ectopic. Luckily no ectopic. Also found out that I have mild endometriosis on my ovaries. So I’m going to start on some anti oxidant supplements before next transfer and maybe ask about steroids (?). My body apparently does not want to let go of this pregnancy and have now taken a bunch of misoprostol (ugh). Hoping that did the trick and I don’t need a d&c. 

Looking on on the bright side, I’ve got some frozen blastocysts and a diagnosis finally. If the next transfer doesn’t work, I’ll probably do a banking cycle before transferring any more.. I suppose I’ll see some of you soon for the transfer. Hoping we all have much better luck
  • @somewhereinnyc On one hand, it's nice to have a diagnosis and a plan for moving forward, but on other I'm sure it's also frustrating to have new things come up and have a derailment in your plans. I agree, January sucked! Hopefully we can all go into spring with better outcomes! I look forward to reading your updates on upcoming monthly boards. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited February 2019
    @pegs007 I used Mandell's online pharmacy and they've been great. There is a Compassionate Care program you can apply for and you automatically receive at least 25% off certain medications (It applied to my Gonal-F (SO EXPENSIVE) as well as my Cetrotide). Just wanted to throw that out there in case you go with them! 

You ladies are VERY brave for doing ER without sedation. I can't imagine how scary that is. 
  • @yankeebelle77 I was wondering if you received your PGD results?
    Mine took three weeks but out of 4 embryos sent for testing we had 1 unaffected, 1 no result (needs re tested), 1 abnormal and 1 mosaic carrier (so female like me  who does not have hemophilia but carries the gene to offspring). Next step is a scan this cycle to make sure the uterus is safe for transfer. We will transfer our 1 unaffected in April pending the blessing of a clear scan. 
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)