January 2019 IVF - Page 7 — The Bump
Infertility

January 2019 IVF

123457»

Re: January 2019 IVF

• @Tulips29 thanks! Im excited and nervous for tomorrow! Dreading the tww as everyone does. Im not sure how he decides how many embryos to put in. I think a couple of factors are in his decision. Our case is entirely MFI, we would love love to have twins (i always have but had resigned myself to not having them due to no genetic twins on mine or DH family history) and the third embryo is not as strong. To be honest i was expecting him to suggest 2 but im happy to implant 3. I think his hope is 1-2 to implant and the third is a backup. 
    @Tulips29 when do you get the results of your PGS testing? Hoping everything comes back normal 😊.

@somewhereinnyc that sounds like good news. Im glad the dr has hope. Fingers crossed everything goes well with your beta tomorrow! Lots of sticky thoughts!!
  • @somewhereinnyc just keep thinking positive, although I KNOW how difficult that is. There is still lots of hope! 

@ACAC25 I'd love to have twins also, but doubt it's in the cards for me if my RE won't transfer more than 1. I think you've got a good chance of 1-2 implanting if you transfer 3. Will be waiting for your news :smiley:
    And I find out either next week or the following week hopefully. They sent them off for testing last Wednesday and said it takes around 14 days. I'm so anxious! Currently on BCP, then my RE wants to start PIO and hopefully we can do a March transfer. 
    ***TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    7 rounds of Chlomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - February/March 2016 
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!!
    DS - Born January 2017
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN   :(
    IVF #2 - January 2019 
    FET #2 - date TBD

• @somewhereinnyc I will be thinking about you and praying you get some good news. 
    somewhereinnyc
  • @Tulips29 i hope you find out soon about the PGS testing. We ended up only transferring 2 embryos. The other 4 were not viable. I'm really sad that we didnt have any to freeze. These two are graded as BB which my dr said is good and things are looking good. 

I am excited to have had the transfer but cant help feeling kinda sad about only having 2 embryos. 

@somewhereinnyc wishing you all good vibes and positive thoughts for your beta today. 
  • @ACAC25 Congrats on being PUPO! Sending you lots of sticky vibes. I hope your 2ww goes by quickly and brings good news! I know you feel sad, but think positive that the 2 embryos you had could very well result in beautiful baby or babies and that's the goal. 

@somewhereinnyc thinking of you today and sending lots of positive vibes your way! 
    ***TW in Spoiler***

DS - Born January 2017
    IVF #2 - January 2019 
    FET #2 - date TBD

• @Tulips29 thank you!! I'm trying to keep positive, tbh I feel a bit better after eating and resting. I will keep you updated. My PG test is thurs 21st. I'm going to try to resist POAS. 
  • Thanks ladies. Beta did not rise nearly enough today. It’s apparently either an ectopic or a miscarriage. My RE wants me to continue these damn progesterone shots and another blood draw on Thursday. Earliest ultrasound to try to figure this out is Friday. I’m devastated and I was a mess at work- barely kept it together for my meetings. My gut feeling is that this is an ectopic- and I really don’t want to drag this out anymore.

We do have 5 frozen embryos that we will probably end up thawing and doing PGS on. After this, I’m not sure I can stomach a(nother) miscarriage. I will also refuse to let the doc on service who did my transfer ever come near me again is this was an ectopic. 

@tulips29 you’re at Cornell too right? I’m hoping you good some good pgs results on your 4 soon. 
  • @somewhereinnyc I am so so sorry to hear your terrible news. I know there is nothing that can be said to make you feel better. But know I'm thinking of you and sending you virtual hugs at this hard time. 
  • Ugh! @somewhereinnyc I’m so sorry! This is not how it’s supposed to be! My thoughts are with you and sending you virtual hugs. Take all the time you need to heal from this and remember that you’re strong! Do you mind sharing who the doc was that did your transfer? Do they have any effect on how things turn out? I thought my main RE would do the transfer but apparently it’s whoever is on call that day. 
    ***TW in Spoiler***

DS - Born January 2017
    IVF #2 - January 2019 
    FET #2 - date TBD

• @tulips29 Kligman did my transfer. He is not my RE. I don’t want to say anything accusatory as I am still not even sure what’s going on (miscarriage vs ectopic). The literature says that placing the embryo too high up or injecting too much media can increase ectopic risk. Apparently some women are prone to it. I have no known predisposition. 

Thanks for the creepy virtual hugs ladies. I wish this was just over so I could move forward. 
  • Just wanted to post an update if anyone ends up reading what happened. It ended up being a chemical. I’m very much relieved (even tho this was of course not the ideal outcome) and hope to move forward w a fresh transfer soon!
  • @somewhereinnyc I'm sorry to hear your news. But its good you are looking ahead to your next transfer. Wishing you lots of luck. 

I'm having a hard time waiting for my beta next week (21st). I feel like I'm reading into everything even though I'm trying not to. My ER was thurs 7th and my transfer was on tuesday 12th. DH doesn't want me to POAS but I feel like I'm going stir crazy waiting. Any tips for dealing with TWW?
  • @ACAC25 I guess what helped me was meditation- I downloaded an app for it. I also found stuff to keep busy. We did stuff like museum tours and I found some complicated recipes to try. I also went for a lot of walks- helps keep me sane. Not sure if any of those things will work for you but hey, worked for me. My DH was the same about not testing beforehand. In some ways it makes sense. I’m not sure I’d be able to keep taking meds and get my blood drawn if I was pretty sure it didn’t work..

thank you for the wishes. Wish you lots of luck too. This process ain’t easy. Did you pgs or skip that?
  • @somewhereinnyc thank you. I am trying to keep busy. I have some stuff planned this weekend and for next week so I'm hoping it will help. I agree this process is not easy at all. 
    We did not do PGS testing. We were told based on our age and info that it was an unnecessary step. So we decided against it. 
    somewhereinnyc
  • @somewhereinnyc I'm so sorry about your news :disappointed: . I was really hoping for things to take a better turn for you. But I agree that being positive about next cycle is a good way to go. Do you have a timeline for your next transfer? @ACAC25 the tww is such a mindf***, it's a good thing you have things planned to keep you busy. I remember reading, watching shows and trying not to think of what was possibly happening inside of me. You're almost there!
    ***TW in Spoiler***

DS - Born January 2017
    IVF #2 - January 2019 
    FET #2 - date TBD

• @Tulips29 thanks. Yah it totally sucks but nothing I can do. I though I could do the transfer as soon as I got a period (still no period yet) but the nurse is now saying I need a full cycle between this fresh IVF chemical and an FET.. so it sound like it’ll be early April.  when’s your FET?
123457»