March 2019 Moms

Symptoms - January

Re: Symptoms - January

• @mamakate1616 I’ve never heard of these Azo pills but I’m going to have a look around for them. I got a horrible UTI after giving birth the first time and combined with having a newborn, recovering with stitches, etc it was awful. I’m so scared of having to go through that again. Sounds like these pills could be a good preemptive strike!
    @BuckeyeNut05 I, too, am cracking up reading about your afternoon with Grant and the rectal rocket :lol: I’m sorry to hear you’re in so much pain though, and hope you start to feel relief ASAP!
  • At my 31 week growth scan LO was breech ... I had an appointment this week 33 weeks but forgot to ask which way he was laying. Today I have been achy throughout my pelvis and hips. I guess I’m just hopeful that if he’s hasn’t flipped he will soon and wondering if maybe that’s where the increase in pain/pressure is coming from. 

On another note I also have a bloody nose every time blow my nose which is about 5-10 times/hour. Lovely.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashley14598 if you feel the hiccups, that can pinpoint the location of the baby's head. With a head-down baby, they'll be really low. 
  • So, it seems like I'm feeling symptoms of the baby's position both low AND high... I'm 34 weeks so I know the baby is taking up most of my torso at this point, but I've mostly heard people talking about either feeling pressure down low or pain up higher. I've been feeling kicks and pressure under my ribs along with shortness of breath for weeks now and, as of recently, I've also felt weird discomfort/pressure in my crotch that feels like the baby's head is down low. I thought if the baby "dropped" then I'd at least get some relief in terms of rib pain and breathing! It seems more like he's just stretching out.. 
  • @bug_hunter I'm feeling the same way! My LO is the same...extremely stretched out. This week has been the worst at having shortness of breath. I keep waiting for that relief to come!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 I'm sorry you're feeling this way too, though glad I'm not alone! I'm taking a birth class where they talked about "lightening" when the baby drops and you feel more pelvic pressure but can finally breathe, but they never talked about feeling like you're getting attacked from all angles! 
  • @bug_hunter Not sure which is worse! But right now I'll take all the punches for regular breathing again lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• It has not been a good night here for me. I took a bath around 7 PM last night to try to relax and get to bed early, in bed by 830. So I started having severe pain in my lower right back, so bad so that’s OB thought it would be best to come to the ER. So fast forward I’m here, turns out I have hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidney) possibly due to kidney stone. I have been up all night in excruciating pain. They initially put me on IV narcotics for pain but I have not had any relief, now they’re putting me on a morphine pump. I have never felt anything like this before in my life and pray I never will ever again. Btw this all started from a UTI last week which caused me to have blood in my urine. And now here I am, infection is worse & I could possibly have kidney stones.  I was supposed to go into work today, guess I am getting a 3 day weekend afterall. 
  • @cdub4292 That sounds terrible! I hope you get some relief soon and everything with baby is okay! 
  • oh @cdub4292, that sounds miserable! I hope they can get it under control soon!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @cdub4292 that sounds horrible! Ditto that o hope baby is okay in there. I know when plans change it’s hard but try your best to focus on getting yourself better right now that’s all you can do! 
  • @cdub4292 omg that sounds awful. I hope you get some relief and heal quickly!

SaveSave
  • @cdub4292 ooo no! That sounds miserable, hope they get you feeling better quickly!
  • @cdub4292 I hope you start to feel better soon! That sounds just awful!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @cdub4292 Hoping for quick healing and recovery for you! Sounds like a miserable situation!
  • @cdub4292 I’m so sorry! Wishing you a quick recovery and some more effective pain relief! 
  • @cdub4292 I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.  I can't imagine!  I hope they can get it under control quickly for you.

I feel like over the last 10 days, everything has changed.  I went from feeling overall good and not having any pregnancy issues to so incredibly uncomfortable.  I really didn't expect a dramatic change like it has been.  I expected to be uncomfortable from the start or to not have this until around 34-35 weeks.  Three days before 30 weeks is when it hit.  I spent 3-4 days feeling like my pelvis was being ripped apart.  I couldn't stand or sit and laying on my sides for very short periods of time was the only relieve.  Then baby seemed to triple in size over night and I'm being kicked/punched really low and up into my rib cage at the same time.  I feel like she went from 1.5 lbs to 10 lbs over night!!!  My next ob appointment is 1/29 and I haven't been seen since 1/2 because of scheduling issues.  I'm supposed to have a repeat echo and biweekly growth ultrasounds starting at 30 weeks but that's not happened yet lol.  Sleeping is non-existent, heartburn is a daily issue, breathing is a joke since I'm still recovering from pneumonia and my asthma hasn't improved much.  The only other treatment at this point is steroids and I'm trying to hold off until I absolutely need them because of development reasons.  I'm not really able to carry much, my daughter or laundry is a huge chore that takes me forever.  Tell me that this is all very normal and it will just continue until I deliver and it won't get a whole lot worse?!?
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @cdub4292 I hope you feel better soon!!! 

@violetmarie61516 I am in the same boat. I feel like a lazy mess bc at best I am laying in the bed when not at work. Baby is very heavy and I can’t breathe if I do too much. Laundry is a nightmare bc of going up and down our stairs. I tried to clean the house yesterday and had to sit down literally every 3 or 4 minutes bc I was getting winded and feeling pain from lugging this ball around LOL. I have asthma as well and it seems to have gotten worse with the growth spurt of the baby. I feel like she’s getting bigger every night (which she probably is) and it’s like wow I still have 7 weeks to go of this!
  • @violetmarie61516 Sorry you are having a rough time and not feeling comfortable. I can sympathize with you, I had pneumonia for most of 2nd tri and it was awful trying to breathe and sleep. As for the feeling uncomfortable part in third tri, that is normal. I'm a STM too and started to feel uncomfortable somewhere around 28 weeks and I'm just over 34 weeks now. I have hit the "I'm done" phase of pregnancy. I have things I want to do but then I'm too tired after one task and need to rest for a while. I also have a lot pelvic pressure from DD2 dropping into my pelvis already. Hang in there mama and take it easy on yourself. My plan from here until delivery is to rest up as much as possible...if that is possible.
  • @zionsmama85 and @novelblessings Thank you for understanding and making me feel more normal lol.  I am taking it day by day.  It's so hard with MH still living in the house and hating me.  If you all remember, I'm going through a divorce recently and it's gotten REALLY messy.  My family and friends have been helping a ton but it's so incredibly hard and I still have moments that I just melt down and feel so alone.  I will get through though.  I have to for my girls.
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!

• @violetmarie61516 That’s gotta be really hard on top of all the typical pregnancy woes. Creepy internet hugs! I missed the original update. 

SaveSave
  • @violetmarie61516 I got really uncomfortable around 30 weeks... felt tight in the abdominal/core area all the time, which made it hard to breathe. I couldn't walk on the treadmill like I had been doing until then and I had to sit down within the first ten minutes at my works "standing meetings" (a thing they do to encourage brevity). Now at around almost 34 weeks I'm starting to feel tons better. Not sure how far along you are now, but maybe that will give you a little hope.
  • Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! So it ended up that I had an extremely large kidney stone blocking my right side, they removed it and put a stent in to drain the kidney. I’ve never been on so many pain meds in my life & they were still not taking the pain 100% away. Kidney stones are seriously no joke.  They had me stay i the hospital another night just to monitor me and make sure everything is ok, which thankgod they did because I have been peeing out quite a bit of blood (which they say is normal) and my stent just partially came out. So my OB nurse had to call the urology doctor to see what I had to do and they just took it out. Nothing like anxiety that I’m still gonna have an infection sitting in there, but I will see him tomorrow before I leave. So anyway, a lot less drama tonight & hopefully better sleep for this mama tonight. I have officially made it to the point where if I went into active labor they would not try to stop it! 34 weeks in 3 hours! Hope everyone is feeling better! Thanks for listening to my complaining! 
  • @cdub4292 Oh wow, I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through all this! It sounds painful and frightening, but hopefully you’ll start to feel much better now that they’ve removed the stone. On the bright side... labour is going to feel like a piece of cake compared to kidney stones :wink::smiley: Take care of yourself!
  • @cdub4292 Glad you got things taken care of and are in good hands. Get some rest and feel better soon!!
  • @cdub4292 wow, I’m glad you got the care you needed. I hope there’s no infection and you and baby get to go home soon.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @cdubs4292 MH has dealt with a lot of kidney stone and has had somewhere in the range of 7 surgeries for them. He says it is absolutely terrible. I’m glad you got treated quickly! 
  • @cdub4292 hope you're feeling better!
  • @cdub4292 that sounds like quite an ordeal! Hope your recovery is smooth and your feeling better!
  • @cdub4292 I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I hope they're able to treat you quickly and take some of the pain away. I can't imagine. 

@violetmarie61516 I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable and without the support. I would lean on your support system from your friends and your family as much as you can.  That has to be really hard. Hang in there - you're so close to the end!  
  • I am so uncomfortable sitting down. Whether it's in a chair or on the toilet. I have hemorrhoids, but this is definitely in my vagina/cervix area. Is this what the pressure feels like if the baby drops? Does anyone else feel this kind of pain?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 I've been feeling this pain for about a week now but am not sure if it's due to the baby dropping! I definitely feel it the most when I'm sitting on the toilet... 
  • @kennylynn1990 I think that if the baby is head down, its probably due to them settling their head in the pelvic cavity. i get that uncomfortable feeling too. 
  • @zionsmama85 This lo has been head down since at least 28 weeks (currently 32). The pressure, just feels so much worse over the past 2 days. Maybe they are settling into the pelvic cavity for their decent (is that what they mean by "dropped")?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 My LO dropped recently and I’m a little over 34 weeks now. I sit all day at work and have pain and pressure in my crotch. I think it’s baby’s head putting pressure on things. Maybe baby is more engaged now than previously. I don’t know. I didn’t have this with my first. 
  • Can you develop sleep apnea when you're pregnant?  I've never had a problem before but I'm finding two things.  One, I have been waking up constantly for no reason other than I feel like I can't breath/my mouth is dry.  Two, when I was in the hospital for asthma/pneumonia (granted I was very sick) every time I laid down and fell asleep my oxygen level dropped dramatically.

Anyone experienced or heard of this?  Something I'm going to bring up at my next OB appointment.

• @violetmarie61516 idk about sleep apnea specifically, but I have a lot of congestion due to swollen nasal passages and often wake up in the morning feeling really dehydrated/dry mouth. So I could totally see that being a pregnancy thing.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @violetmarie61516 I don’t know anything about sleep apnea, but just wanted to suggest using a humidifier for dry mouth and congestion. I used it when I was stuffed up with a cold a few months back, but have continued to use it because it seems to help with my nighttime breathing (I’ve found that our heating system really dries out the air so helps with that too). Good idea to check with your OB though; hope s/he has some good answers for you. 
  • @violetmarie61516 with DD1 I would often wake up gasping for breath. My OB told me it was because of how she was positioned and there wasn't much we could do (she was breech with her head up under my ribs). Hopefully what you're experiencing is just a positioning issue and your LO will scoot to a different spot soon!
  • @violetmarie61516 I woke up with a sore throat the last two days and complained to DH, and today when I woke up he had sent me an audio file of me apparently snoring this morning and I had no idea I was doing that