February 2019 Moms

Appointments January 2019

Re: Appointments January 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @sjnsjnsjn Excellent addition ma'am!
  • What the actual eff?  :#
  • Omg haha good work @lzzfrancisco
  • Catfish in every group, I swear. I will never understand how someone gets off on something like this. 
  • @lzzfrancisco, You've caught yourself a nice catfish! 
  • Wow, lying to hang out on pregnancy boards? Sad.
  • Oh my gosh! I just logged on and saw all of this! I thought something was up, but didn’t really pay much attention to the details. Good work ladies!
  • @megpants209 Yea, that was one of the top things that rubbed me the wrong way for some reason! 
  • lzzfranciscolzzfrancisco member
    edited January 2019
    One other thing that had really been driving me crazy ever since seeing that fake @$$ bump pic.
  • This thread is giving me life. 

The flipping Bump app hasn't let me log in in weeks. I still can't get it working on my phone but finally got it up and running on the desktop today. Hi everyone! 

Today I'm 36 weeks + 1 day. Just got back from my now-weekly appointment and all looks well. Baby is in the 76th percentile (ouch), I did the ever-so-elegant GBS swab...and got scheduled for an induction on Feb 10th! So I'm a bit torn about this...my OB is my aunt's SIL, she's one of the best out there, and we love her. She's scheduled to be out of town for a few weeks starting on my due date (Feb 12) and so she wants to induce me to ensure she's here for the delivery. I'm of two minds on this... on one hand it's not ideal to be induced unnecessarily. I know it typically makes for a harder labour. On the other hand, I'll be 40 weeks by that point, the kid is already large so not giving her the opportunity to get even bigger doesn't sound like the worst plan, and quite frankly, if shit hits the fan I want my OB there to deal with it, which is pretty much guaranteed if we induce. Anyway. That's today's news. It's so nice to be back! 
  • @Sornusa I can offer some reassurance.  I was induced at 39+3 with DD just for rising BP. Wasn’t pre-e, just to get ahead of it. My induction went smooth as could be. That close to due date you SHOULD be fine. 
  • @Sornusa Recent studies have touted the benefits of inducing around 39 weeks so I think you should not worry that you are doing anything harmful, if you choose to go that route!
  • @Sornusa I'm with you! At our last ultrasound we found out our little guy is not so little... 93rd percentile! So now the talk of induction has started. I have the final growth ultrasound tomorrow so we'll see what they say!
  • @kenishi I'm in the exact same boat: baby was at 95th percentile two weeks ago, so they're checking again with ultrasound next Thursday, when I'll be a day shy of 37 weeks. If he's still at 95% or above, my ob wants to do an induction at 39 weeks. I'm also super hesitant about that because I've heard induced labor can hurt a lot more (I'm hoping to go unmedicated). But @madreofdragons, it's reassuring to hear that you were induced and didn't have an issue! @kenishi, keep me updated! I'm hoping you and I both have healthy, easy-to-birth babies! Ultrasounds and fundal measurements can be quite a bit off, so our babies might not be that big after all (fingers crossed!).
  • @kenishi and @hannahbananas11 my friend had a baby in Nov that consistently was measuring in the 95% they induced her 39 ish weeks. He ended up being 81/2 pounds, which i don't think is as big as they thought he would be.
  • My goodness, the action i missed today. Great work ladies! Quite entertaining. 
  • @madreofdragons that is so reassuring, thank you! I'm so glad to hear it went well for you. :)
  • @hannahbananas11 I'm also hoping to go unmediated, so I'm nervous too! I'll let you know what they say today! @jgrodo that is reassuring. I've heard that the measurements can be off!
    @madreofdragons echoing the others! I'm glad yours went well! That settles my worries!
  • @kenishi I'm in the exact same boat: baby was at 95th percentile two weeks ago, so they're checking again with ultrasound next Thursday, when I'll be a day shy of 37 weeks. If he's still at 95% or above, my ob wants to do an induction at 39 weeks. I'm also super hesitant about that because I've heard induced labor can hurt a lot more (I'm hoping to go unmedicated). But @madreofdragons, it's reassuring to hear that you were induced and didn't have an issue! @kenishi, keep me updated! I'm hoping you and I both have healthy, easy-to-birth babies! Ultrasounds and fundal measurements can be quite a bit off, so our babies might not be that big after all (fingers crossed!).
    I was induced at 39w with DD because of GD and she was measuring in the high 80's percentile. I was induced with pitocin and managed to go Epidural and drug free.  I did use the Nitrous oxide at the end but that was all the pain management I had.  I have nothing to compare it to and obviously every birth is different but in my opinion it went super well.  

I plan on doing the same this time around and will definitely be getting induced somewhere in between 37-39 weeks.  I plan on pushing for as close to 39w as possible but this will all depend on how baby is doing. Our final decision on when to induce will be based on that. 
  • @sjnsjnsjn Really! I didn't know that. I'll do some reading on it, but that's good to hear. Thanks for being supportive. I'd mentioned the possibility of induction to a few family and friends before it was confirmed at this last appt and they were all like "Oh nooo unnecessary medical intervention is the worst don't do it!" :/ Ok cool thanks.... lol 
  • @kenishi @hannahbananas11 Hooray for big babies! Yes the idea of getting them out before they get even bigger does seem reasonable especially when you're the one faced with the reality of pushing them out :D Whatever happens I hope both of your deliveries go beautifully. Keep us posted! My girl was measuring 5.5 lbs two weeks ago so by the time I deliver I'd expect she'd be around 8.5 lbs, which isn't all that huge, plus I'm pretty tall. But who knows. I was present for my bff's delivery and they induced her due to high BP. It certainly seemed quite painful but then again...it's labour, it's not a walk in the park. Plus she had no point of reference for how a non-induced labour should feel. I suspect like everything else it's totally different for everyone.  
  • I'm hoping for a VBAC but my doctor isn't planning any type of intervention until right near my due date, which is Feb 17th. So far I seem to be measuring 'average' which might be why he's not planning something sooner. My last appointment before I'm due is Feb 15th and he's planning to put in a cervical balloon then to induce if my cervix isn't already well dilated on its own already. I'm hoping that works because I think medication is the route he'll go if that doesn't work and I'd really prefer avoiding that. And another C- section if at all possible!