February 2019 Moms

Appointments January 2019

Re: Appointments January 2019

• @cali1710 Ah! One more week? Holy crap!! 
    Are you ready? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cali1710 Monday!!! Looking forward to seeing pics of your little one.
  • @cali1710 Monday!!!so exciting! You're so close
  • @bellebaby221 I’m ready physically but not mentally ha. Nursery is ready. I’m doing hospital bags tomorrow. 
  • @cali1710 That's so soon! How exciting! <3
  • @cali1710 that is so exciting oh wow!

I have been pretty boring with my appts had the GSB swan thing today and now ill be seen weekly until the little one arrives! NUTTY ..

• @bhou how did the swab go?
  • When are we supposed to get the swab? 
  • cali1710 said:
    When are we supposed to get the swab? 
    35-36 weeks
  • cali1710 said:
    When are we supposed to get the swab? 
    35-36 weeks
    Oh so I’ll miss it. Darn ha
  • @cali1710 Yeah you'll be busy with other things... new babies!!
  • I can't wait to hear about upcoming arrivals! 
  • @glitterbug6 they have you testing 7 times? Wow! I just had my one week check in! No medicine or anything. I was hoping to not have to test 4x per day, but they said I have to! My fingers are getting sore! Good luck! 
  • How many weeks are you when they want to start doing cervical checks? I have an appt Thursday (I’ll be 35 weeks on Friday) and am now a little worried! 
  • @kenishi Yes, 7x! On Wednesday hopefully it will go down to 4 like you.  ;) 
  • @kenishi it depends on you OB the usually do one when they do the swab
  • @jgrodo
     the swab was fine a quick little test. Always a bit odd having something foreign in your butt   :dizzy:

LOL but totally fine. I did not have a cervical check, if baby is doing well no need to probe around there is my theory, it didn't come up either with my doctor. I start the weekly appts now, so back in next monday. 

I seem to be just exhausted and sore all the time my ob has said "this is what the end feels like" - can't imagine how i'm going to feel in 4 weeks LOL.  
  • @bhou in the butt?!? I didn't realize that was were the swab went🤔 better make sure that area is extra clean for that appointment 😉.
     That makes sense to me - I'm thinking I won't ask tomorrow.
  • jgrodo said:
    @bhou in the butt?!? I didn't realize that was were the swab went🤔 better make sure that area is extra clean for that appointment 😉.
     That makes sense to me - I'm thinking I won't ask tomorrow.
    Ya they swab your vagina then your butt. Its a joy. 
  • I didn't realize it was IN the butt!!! :o

@glitterbug6 crossing my fingers for you!!!

@shellperry thank you!! I guess I better be prepared, just in case!
  • I was swabbed and had a cervical check today. Neither bothered me. I’m not dialated at all, but the babe is head down so that’s good. 
  • @cali1710 I will be thinking of you next week! So exciting!

I must of blocked out the swab from last time, now you ladies are reminding me the joys. 

I just had an appt today, everything looks great.  Sent home hospital paperwork for us to fill out. It asks how I want my birth to go- including if I would want a mirror and touch the head while its crowning. I am going to go med free this time and I don't know how I will feel! 

Probably to just get the thing out of me! 

Those who plan to birth vaginally- what are you planning?
  • @corgicreator I went med free the first two time the third time I got gas. Get the gas!!
  • Had the GBS and cervical check yesterday. Neither were as bad as I had thought. Uncomfortable for sure, but not painful. I actually think the roughness of a normal pap smear felt worse. 

I'll be trying to go med free if all goes well. My doctor seems to think everything has been going so well that I'll have a nice easy birth. Fingers crossed!
  • Ya they swab your vagina then your butt. Its a joy. 
    Sounds lovely, jk
  • @sonicearplugs ahh that's good to know! 

• I’m 35 w3d and have an appt this morning.  I was going in 2x/week for a while after I spent that week in the hospital at 30 weeks but now it is weekly. I have an NST this AM (which sent me to hospital triage last week for the better part of the day last week so fingers crossed that doesn’t happen again)!  I think today I also get my cervix check AND GBS (which I actually also got in the hospital but it is only good for 5 weeks).  Big morning ahead. 😳
  • @sjnsjnsjn wow busy day for sure! Hope all goes well! Keep us posted
  • @cali1710 so soon!
    As usual, kid doesn’t have the accelerations they want so I had to have a BPP which was great.  Barely starting to dilate. She’s talking about inducing me at 37 weeks (1.5 wks from now) instead of 39, because of all these HR shenanigans.  I am now at BBB inspecting double strollers. STUFF JUST GOT REALLY REAL.
  • Had my biweekly appt yesterday, got my tdap, belly measurements and weight gain is right on track and heart rate is perfect. I got all the rest of my appts scheduled for the remainder of this pregnancy too, it’s getting real now! In two weeks I go in for my last ultrasound to make sure he’s not breech (we know he’s head down, but it’s policy). I’m 34 + 1 today btw. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @sjnsjnsjn holy crap! SO SOON!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I had a regular midwife appointment today! I am 35w tomorrow and now will be doing weekly appointments. She said she will do the GBS and Cervix check next week, just in case. Yikes! I also have a NST tomorrow afternoon.
  • @sjnsjnsjn ahhh thats so soon!! 
  • I'm so excited to hear all these appt news! Sending my best vibes to everyone for healthy little wee ones. will be glued to this board for the next few weeks I assume :) I feel so crappy, I am at the point where I just want to sleep all the time, i have a normal OB appt next week just a belly measurement, a blood pressure check and a pee test. it's exhausting driving an hour for just that, but also gives me piece of mind hearing our little one's heart beat once a week now will feel good.  <3<3<3<3 so in love already!
  • @sjnsjnsjn and @cali1710 your little ones are going to be here so soon!!! So exciting!!
  • @cali1710 Not as soon as YOUUU!
  • Ah! All of a sudden we're getting all of these January babies! So exciting!!
    I've got 19 days left until my scheduled c/s.  :o
  • @sjnsjnsjn I know, but its nice to know you arent far behind!