February 2019 Moms
Options

Appointments January 2019

I know that lots of ladies have left to the PG/facebook, but the few of us that are still here might want to share. 

Any upcoming appointments? How did it go?

Re: Appointments January 2019

• Options
    Regular appointment today. Baby sounds good. Head down but not a big deal since I'm a repeat c/s. Got my GBS swab today. Also tried to do a cervical check but she said it was too high and posterior for her to reach so guess that's good! Except it hurt like hell!
    Growth scan on Monday. Can't wait to see her again! Haven't seen her since 20 weeks. 
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 do u have a date set for c/s? I’m on weekly appt now till the end so every  Wednesday from here on out. I’m at 34 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shellperry Yep. January 29. If I make it I'll only have 3 more doctors appointment and 1 scan. Only 26 more days. Ahhhh!!
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 I think that’s the only thing I envy about a c/s is you have an end game date lol I’m surprised there aren’t more feb birth announcements we only have one so far but then again the board died almost completely. 
  • Options
    @shellperry That's why I was thinking I was missing some announcements. But if everyone jumped it makes sense.
    My twins and my current youngest were very compliant and waited until their scheduled days to come. With as crazy as our life is now I completely expect this one to go rogue and come when she damn well pleases! Lol!
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 that's going to come so fast!
    @shellperry I'm surprised we haven't heard anything either.

I go on the 10th for a check-up then weekly after that. 
  • Options
    It did get quiet didn't it! 

I'm still here - it's so lonely now! I have an appt on Monday, I feel wretched about 90% of the time buyt that will be my 35 weeks appt. Wondering when it switches to weekly. AH - COMING UP SO FAST. When do they do the GBS tesT? 
  • Options
    @bhou I had my 34 week yesterday (which resulted in a trip to L&D triage 😱), and they said GBS would be next week at 35, so maybe the same for you!
  • Options
    I have my 36 week OB appointment where he will do the GBS swap next Monday and then another growth scan on Wednesday! Busy week! 
  • Options
    I had my GBS today and I'm 35w5d. They said they needed to do it no later than my next appointment so anytime between 35 and 36 weeks. 
  • Options
    Well lady’s I will be here till the end and will stick around to help anyone who is breastfeeding or baby questions 
  • Options
    @bhou I switch to  every week  starting at 36 wks. I'm at every other still, I'm 33+ weeks. Is gbs the strep b test?
  • Options
    First timer here... what is GBS? 
  • Options
    @kenishi GBS is the group strep b test. 

I have been twice a week since just before Giftmas. I'm on a Monday & Thursday schedule for NST, and US every Thurs. 

By the time I go into labor I'm going to be sick of every single mw and doc on the planet. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    I'm still here!  I had my first BPP abd NST yesterday. Everything looked great. At my last OB appointment they told me I was measuring large based on fundal height measurement but at U/S this baby is measuring perfectly average I'm the 48th percentile.  Since my GD is well controlled and baby is looking good they are letting me go back in 3 weeks instead of 2. 

I also have my next OB appointment next week. I assume we will likely be doing the GBS at this one or the next one. 
  • Options
    Oh - here is another question, what is an NST? I haven't had that!
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn thanks for the heads up - they just might do it that appt then! I would like to do a bit of grooming before anyone has to check down in that area, lmao. Better call in the hubs cause i'm so giganto now.

I have literally given up on anything on the floor, was looking for a claw thing so I can still tidy without feeling like i'm going to fall over. 

I seem to get myself so worked up before these bi weekly appts then leave feeling like I stress myself out for no reason, baby is healthy, it's normal to feel kindof shit....I guess I just need to relax a bit(not in my nature AT ALL!)
  • Options
    I'm so glad you are all still here was feeling alone for a while and almost gave up on this board!
  • Options
    I have my GBS test on Monday. I've been relatively unstressed about appointments so far, but I'm unreasonably nervous about this one. I mean, who likes being swabbed anyways? 
  • Options
    @bhou An NST is a fetal non stress test. I have had a boatload of them this pregnancy. With my first, I just had them weekly from 36 weeks but not sure if that was due to being AMA.  They put monitors to hear your baby’s heart and to register contractions, if any. They are looking at the reactivity of the heart rate, at variability, accelerations, decelerations.  The purpose is to determine whether the fetus is in any distress.

@sonicearplugs It’s not bad or painful, just feels kind of gross.
  • Options
    @sonicearplugs I would rate my swab as pleasant compared to the excruciating cervical check that followed. Unless they are required to do another, I'm planning to refuse any additional cervical checks. Suckers hurt like hell. Not sure everyone is like that or if it's just me. Felt like a root canal for my lady bits!
  • Options
    Is that standard a cervical check as well? or just if they have concerns? 
  • Options
    I have an appointment on January 8th they will be doing the GSB rest and I will probably opt to have the cervical check just because I’m nosy and I want to know if I’m dialated at all!
  • Options
    @cali1710 OMG! I can't believe your babies will be here in 10 days! I'm having a minor freak out over having just 25 days left. 
  • Options
    @bhou Mine was optional this time and I said go ahead since they were already doing the swab. Totally out of curiosity. I learned I'm not that curious anymore.  ;)
  • Options
    Is the NST standard too? 
  • Options
    @jgrodo mine is standard after 34 weeks if you go to the hospital for an ultrasound. They do it automatically. But I don’t believe everyone does one just because. I’m in canada, not sure if that makes a difference 
  • Options
    @episcowitch thank you!!! So funny, it was actually on my daily articles today!!! 

@Venessa88 I had my first NST & ultrasound today too. Mine went well too and my GD is also controlled but I still have to go back weekly. 

• Options
    I had my first cervical check and my GSB swab on Wednesday at 35w3d - I'm 1cm dilated and 80% effaced! The cervical check didn't hurt for me, but one of my friends had her first one last week and said it was really painful for her. Guess it's different for everyone! Still due Feb 4, but the doc says she wouldn't be surprised if I go a bit early. Feeling a few contractions here and there but nothing steady, and a LOT of pressure some part of every day but not constantly.
    (By the way, I've been quiet on here most of the time, but only because the mobile app is awkward to use so I read but don't often comment. But I've been keeping up and cheering y'all on along the way! Looking forward to everyone's stories and celebrations as we come toward the end now!)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @bellebaby221 I had a cervical check with DD1 before I was in labor and I agree it hurt like hell! They aren't bad or noticeable if you are IN labor. I will refuse to have one until I'm having contractions.
  • Options
    I’m still at every other week appts, but my GBS is scheduled for my 36 week appt. cervical checks hurt like a bitch last time. In my experience they aren’t required, but some people say they think there is a small chance that a check can maaaaaaaybe make your body slowly start labor (which I doubt is true). But at that point I’m so over being pregnant that even the false hope of a painful cervical check seems worth it  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bww_0331 I don’t no about checking but I usually have my menbrains stripped around 37 to 38 weeks and it’s worked for me every time
  • Options
    Haven't had the gbs yet and not looking forward to a cervical check from reading about the possible pain yikes! I do go in next Weds to see how my gestational diabetes is going at the 2 week mark. Hopefully I don't get prescribed insulin and I can go down to testing 4x a day instead of 7x ;)
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 im a little jealous you got another U/s I haven’t had one cens 20 weeks and don’t think I’ll get another one
  • Options
    @shellperry I hear you! I was going crazy not seeing her since 20 weeks. But I got used to tons of scans because my first pregnancy was twins and they scanned them regularly. Also had several with my youngest because of my GD.
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 my OB calls me her boring pregnant lady lol. I prefer to be the boring normal pregnancy and labor then getting the extra scans.
  • Options
    Totally agree @shellperry! One time I'm fine being boring.