September 2019 Moms

January Symptoms - Cramps, etc

Re: January Symptoms - Cramps, etc

• @kmf255 yes! I cannot drink enough water. And @crs89 have also had mood swings after a pretty even-keeled first pregnancy. Muh. 

And I'm trying not to let the dread of week 6 be my only focus! Nausea last pregnancy was awful, but maybe this one will be different??? 

@nomangos23 love her recipes!! That cauliflower walnut taco meat....  😍
  • @kmf255 I feel you on the insatiable thirst! I am chugging water lately and it still doesn't feel like enough!

@crs89 my mood has been all over the place. I cry at the drop of a hat and get super pissed easily. Everyone needs to LOOK OUT! haha

AFM, other than emotions, tiredness and thirst, I'm feeling pretty "normal". I did dry heave this morning after brushing my teeth, but I can't tell if I am legit feeling morning sickness or if my brain is like "You want to feel sick. Feel sick". 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @crs89 hahaha I know! I am freezing, ALL THE TIME and I am not usually cold. This just in....my boobies are starting to hurt haha. The pain is annoying but.... I am so happy, I have never wanted pain to stick around so much!
  • Today is awful... I can’t decipher if I’m having the onset of morning sickness, onset of the flu, or physical sympotoms from immense anxiety. 

Heartburn, chills, nausea, achey head, neck and shoulders... my last pregnancy I was on Diclegis and was sick for the entire thing so I’m hoping and praying this one isn’t as bad!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy dizziness! It came over me like a wave all of a sudden this morning and I still feel kind of wonky. I'm still experiencing some mild crampy-like feelings in my lower abdomen but I'm hoping it's just things stretching and moving around in there. I'm spotting off and on but it's very light. I can't remember who said it now, but I'm using the mantra someone else posted here that "Today I am pregnant" and that's all I'm trying to focus on and not worry that certain symptoms mean bad news.
  • @sunshine2417 I feel this way too - achy, cold, just icky. I can't tell if I am getting sick or if this is just preg symptoms
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Felt slightly nauseated this morning, but I told myself, not yet! I need time to make all my freezer meals before I'm down for the count and DH starves!
  • I am also feeling slightly nauseated this morning--which means every previous time since I've been KU that I've felt a bit nauseated was whatever is *below* slightly nauseated, & that feels accurate. I thought I wouldn't be able to eat my planned breakfast, but I did a thing Michael Pollan specifically says not to do, which is: I didn't pay attention to the food at all after I put it on the plate, I just sat at my desk & scrolled through TB & forked it in at a reasonable pace-- & that helped me eat my breakfast. I also have been drinking water since I got up. Of course school starts Thursday, which is also the first day of Week 6 for me... here is to hoping I stay only SLIGHTLY nauseated. 

• I am so incredibly bloated today. Hooray for dresses and leggings!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Anyone else's symptoms coming and going? Yesterday I felt like garbage (tired, headache, grouchy) and today I'm fine. Ugh. 
  • @nomangos23 yes, mine!! I puked/dry heaved the last three days and then today nothing. No real nausea either and generally feeling fine so I am a ball of nerves. Sending you creepy internet hugs!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Sooooo cold. All. The. Time.

My house is drafty, so the heat is always turned up a little more than normal, but I seriously have it set to 78 right now and I'm still freezing.

• So, last night...for the first time ever...I hated the taste of bacon. Like it was just metallic cardboard to me. So I am going with that's a symptom.

Migraines still here. Still not fun. I'm in bed by 9:30 every night. So tired.
  • @cmdesigner My condolences. 😂 Bacon is life.

• @nomangos23 Oh definitely on the coming and going! Even, like, in the course of one day. I woke up, like, nauseated (slightly) w/ intense boob pain and just like an hour ago was like "am i even KU."
  • Omg the nausea has hit and it sucks!! Thank god I remember someone’s post about those preggie pops. I ordered them on amazon prime and they have been super helpful. So I would highly recommend for anyone else who has nausea. Also I’ve been trying to eat something tiny every few hours and that seems to be helpful as well to cut it down.
  • @klpv415 Saying a prayer for you & babe right now. <3
  • @klpv415 I’m going through spotting too. I also called my mom crying. Moms are so awesome. I got a blood draw today too. It’s funny because we went though the same thing with my daughter but I’m still freaking out like a maniac. Hopefully we both have good numbers.

im also nauseous off and on all day and my sense of smell is on overdrive. Luckily I have a fan at my desk at work people decided to eat smelly foods and take lots of BMs in the bathroom. 😑 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @nmn513 I was the one who posted about preggie pops!  Yay I'm so glad they're working for you! I also have to eat every couple of hours because when my stomach is empty, I feel the most sick.
  • @aliciac2008 I’m freezing all the time too. My hands and feet are like icicles. Total opposite of with DD when I couldn’t cool off. 
  • @ambodt22 Thank you!!! Omg you are a life saver, that have been so helpful. I’m the same I keep getting hungry so quickly and when it hits it happens fast and the nausea starts. I’m finding it hard because I’m not used to eating lots of snacks throughout the day. When I’m treating patients in PT clinic I don’t always have the time, but clearly I need to start making some for quick bites. Hope yours is keeping at bay. 

@klpv415 thinking about you and sending lots of positive vibes and tests your way!! I agree you should try to push to get in to at least get a blood test to confirm it. 
  • @nmn513 Thank you <3 I did get an appointment for this afternoon so I'm glad to be getting some answers. As of right now, still no sign of the real AF, just some mild spotting so hopefully all is well and my little dot was just getting settled in.
  • 5w4d Nauseous AF.
  • 4w3d still dead tired. Boobs now hurt like all the time but really suck when I am going down stairs quickly. Also experiencing insatiable thirst and dry mouth. Which leads to me peeing ever 2 hours.
  • My boobs are definitely tender, but it's my nipples that are killing me. Is this happening to anyone else?

I had a bit of nausea and dry heaving this morning. It felt better after I had a slice of toast in the car on the way to work. I'm worried that I'm going to start being sick all the time because *tw* loss
    when I was pregnant before, I had awful MS pretty much all day starting at 5 weeks. I thought something was wrong with me but a friend finally convinced me to take a test (I was on BCP so pregnancy never crossed my mind). Up until the time I miscarried at 8 weeks, I was still constantly throwing up.
    I'm at 4w3d today.
  • @themadcamel YES! It actually hurt a bit to shower today. 

AFM, has anyone watched the Happier by Marshmellow and Bastille music video? My sis sent it to me and it made me lose my mind. I can't even think about it or I get a little teary eyed. It is a sad video, but my reaction was crazy. Definitely feeling more emotional and sensitive. It seems kind of early, but that is the only explanation. 
  • @chichiphin & @jejs I've started having small pinches too. Nothing like AF cramps for me... just sharp, quick pinches. I didn't have these during my first one but then again, I don't think I knew quite as early last time so I may have just overlooked them.  Any one have an explanation for these? 
    Me: 29  H: 30
    Married: 4/27/13 
    BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
    BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
    BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

• I'm on the I can't get warm train. I'm cold all  the time & am going to bed in sweats while snuggling a hot water bottle with a heating pad on my feet. I felt this way in my last pregnancy too, but not the one before that. 
    Exhaustion is also heaving on my list.
  • @kgg2241 that video is so sad even without pregnancy mood swings. 

@crs89 @jels @chichiphin add me to the cramps and twinges list. It switches from being dull and achey like AF is coming and little jabs every now and then. I’ve read that it’s most likely just your body adjusting to pregnancy and your uterus expanding, but haven’t confirmed that with my OB. 

I am so sorry because this is gross, but last night I had the worst bout of the runs. It was like being nauseous but from the back end 😞. I haven’t eaten anything different, but is this a normal early pregnancy symptom?
  • @themadcamel
    kelly clarkson raise hand GIF
    I've got it too... It happened to me with #1 too, so I'm going to count it as normal.  I feel like some people get constipated and others get an overzealous colon.
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    @themadcamel I had the runs for the first 8-10 weeks with my most recent pregnancy (but not the first 2 pregnancies). I didn’t know it was a side effect of being preggo until I lived it. Hope yours doesn’t last long!!!

I thought it was too early for symptoms but I’m definietly having the AF dull cramps & pinchy twinges, soooo tired when I go to bed & exhausted when I wake up, and already gained a couple pounds. Noooooo!!! 
  • @RedBreast35 well I hope it doesn't last too long for us!
    @keikilove thanks for sharing. It wasn't mentioned as an early side effect in any of the books I have! Sorry about the extra poundage. Hopefully it's just bloat.
  • Well, I don't like that we are all having these pinchy twinges, because they are super annoying.  However, it does help to know so many of us feel them.  Makes them less scary and more normal! I'm heading in for my 2nd betas this afternoon...if I can catch a Dr or nurse, I'll try to ask about them...just to double check. ;)
    Me: 29  H: 30
    Married: 4/27/13 
    BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
    BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
    BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

• 5w2d and sore boobs are gone. Twinges and mild cramping no spotting . Always cold and tired but that's about it. Anyone else have few symptoms and constantly worrying? Sigh....🙃
  • @themadcamel I haven't been having that too, but I've been getting stomach aches that feel like something unpleasant needs to happen down there, but it's not happening. Kind of like constipation and the runs at the same time. Very odd. 

Also, add me to the list of cramps. I had them my entire 3rd week, but as soon as week 4 hit they seem to have disappeared. 

• @aliciac2008 oh boy that sounds so frustrating! At least your cramps have dissipated though :)
  • mommyshark13mommyshark13 member
    edited January 2019
    5w6d- Coffee aversion has officially kicked in. So I guess it's tea for me.