January 2019 Moms

January Birth Announcements!!!

Since the first January baby has made his appearance, I figured we might as well start the Announcements thread! 
Stolen from another BMB. Post your announcements here! PLEASE do not comment here unless it's an announcement, LOVE-ITs are a great way to say congrats without clogging up this post. 

STOP & READ BELOW

***Please do not comment on this thread unless it is your birth announcement***

CONGRATULATIONS! 

Use this thread to share baby's name, birth date, birth stats, pictures, and etc. 
Please share your birth story as well if you would like. 

**Please try to use spoiler boxes on pictures!**

"Love Its" are welcome and appreciated on this thread, but please refrain from commenting with anything other than your story and baby's/babies' details

***Keep in mind there is a 30-day limit on editing anything you post, and pictures cannot be deleted at this time. Any photos and/or information posted becomes proprietary to The Bump, granting the XO Corporation rights to use this in any way they choose (see https://www.thebump.com/terms.html).***

Re: January Birth Announcements!!!

• edited November 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations Mama!!
  • edited February 2019
    Our little one, Anthea Elise, came on January 5, at 9:40 PM by c-section.  We went into the hospital Saturday morning for an ECV to get her turned from her breech/transverse position and when she wouldn't budge the ultrasound showed low amniotic fluid and her reading as smallish.  Even though my hypertension was controlled throughout pregnancy, it had affected the placenta and it was detiorating, not making what she needed to grow and thrive.   I say smallish because she came out average size for 37 Weeks 3 days at 6lbs 1 oz and 18 inches long.  We were fortunate that she was stubborn enough to flip to nreevh ay 32 weeks and send up the warning signs.  She knew what we didn't and I completely believe that.

• Jonas Rocco, January 3 at lunchtime via scheduled C-section due to prior history of newborn injury from natural delivery (daughter had Herb's palsy and shoulder dystocia).  Arrived safe and sound. Estimated weight was going to be 9lb 8 oz but was born 8lb 12 oz. We are struggling with low milk supply and nursing directly due to  significant tongue, lip and buccal tie which have since been revised but we are getting better every day! 
  • edited February 2019
    I was 1 cm dilated for 4 weeks. I was walking around so strong but had to pee every five seconds. I was 39 weeks and was not scheduled for an ultrasound until 41 weeks. I talked with my coworker and she was saying I needed to ask them about moving my ultrasound up. So I got one at 40 weeks. 
    They did an ultrasound. Baby was estimated to be 10 pounds.
    So the doctor spoke to us saying we can either do a c section that night or vaginally. They warned me about shoulder dystocia due to size. 

I decided vaginally. I was scheduled at induction for 41 weeks and 1 day due to the size.  Well they started me on pitocin at 10. I got the epidural soon after the pitocin. I was still dilated at a 1cm.

At around 1230 ish, the doctor broke my water and inserted foley catheter. Things started to progress slowly so I wore a peanut ball. 

At around midnight the next morning things started to progress. I went to 8 cm. Then i felt the urge to poop so bad. 
    I was a 10, it was time to push. The only thing that helped was to try and poop. 
    Anyways hr and half later my son was born. 
    Born at 3:42am January 23 2019
    8 Pounds 6 Ounces