June 2019 Moms

Randoms W/O 12/31

124»

Re: Randoms W/O 12/31

• Wooo, I can love tit on the computer! DH has a 10 min commute (after moving two days after Christmas!) As a SAHM, my commute is 0. In fact, some days, I decide against running an errand because then I'd have to put on real pants. I've gotten so spoiled being a SAHM (clothing-wise).
  • @harrierwife I pretty much agree with all of what you said! I prefer the ease of FB but I have too much personal info available that way, so I'd rather hedge my bets and try to make sure the people there are legit. Our BMB has about 50 in it, and it's a great number. We kicked out several people at the beginning who made it clear they only were there to post pics of their kid and not provide support etc. And some people who were only lurking. Its nice now, because we're close enough that even if someone has an off month (or two), we know they'll be back and we can catch them up
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, crazy rando. I hope I'm not seen as a rando, with the holidays past I will be present on here much more!

ki1244  I'm so jealous of your tour, I've lived in the area for a while now and still have not done any special tours.

Re Movement: I was just going to say I was worried as I felt sporadic movements weeks 14-15 but nothing at all until so many movements until today! I always found him on the doppler but was just starting to get to me. I did have a c-section. Hope the movements stay regular. TW* I did have two days of really light brown spotting which I knew wasn't a likely problem but still not the best mentally for me. * 

Not sure if I missed a NYE post. We drove back home NYE and work up at 3:30am, so I went to bed at 9:30 and H woke me up 15m before midnight. Have to AW my son who did more than amazing on his first 9 hour drive both to and from. I am so shocked and impressed. I used to fly with him and H would drive but now that he needs his seat we all drove. 
  • Guys. This pregnancy has been so much harder on my body than DS’s and it’s making me sad. 
  • @luckystar28 you have had such a rough pregnancy!! How are you feeling now? I’m sorry your symptoms have you down. 
  • @ki1244 I know what you mean we moved from a small town to a big city and the commute times her drive me INSANE. I'm sorry you have to wear real pants now.

@luckystar28 I'm sorry! not only have you had a hard time with pregnancy but also worrying about what can happen because of your history sucks. I wish I had some comforting words but honestly all I have is creepy internet hugs!

on my first BMB I missed the first FB group I started about half way through and even then was mostly a lurker. Some of the girls that came in later did start an FB group for those who wanted to join but it was sad not to be able to keep up with the rest of the ladies. I hope to make it to the group this time! 
  • @luckystar28 are you able to see a physio at all for your sciatic pain? Around week 13 I got some horrific back/pelvic pain and a physio did some dry needling, massaged my pelvis then put me in a sacroiliac belt for a couple of weeks and I felt much better. My partner also gets sciatic pain due to a couple of compressed discs in his lower back and has never been to a physio but I forced him to go after putting up with it for weeks (he did the discs about 6 years ago and they flare up every so often) and he’s also feeling much, much better.
  • @luckystar28 I know I haven’t been as sick as you but I can totally understand the feeling of this pregnancy vs the last one. It’s so frustrating. With my DD I was in no hurry to speed along those 9 months but this one I’m like “is it May yet???” Which sucks bc this will be my last pregnancy :(
    also, YGPM
  • @luckystar28 im so sorry you are still feeling so crappy. We have the same EDD, so you are at the same place as me. I feel a lot better, but still
    kind of have a general icky feeling. I’m hoping that yours will go away too, but it might be closer to 20 weeks. I think there is still some hope. But also don’t be too hard on yourself. All you can do is your best. And remember each day is a new day to try. Would it maybe help to just set a little goal each day? Maybe that would help to make you feel like you achieved something you wanted to do. I also can’t really understand what you are going through from a high risk perspective. I guess just do the best you can go take care of yourself and maybe it won’t end up being an issue in this pregnancy. I hope you just feel better though and I also send creepy internet hugs 🤗 
  • I’ve only ever used the app, and I’ve had plenty of glitches, but none that have been too serious. I’m glad mine isn’t acting up as much as some other people’s because I don’t know how often I’d really be able to get on if I had to do it on a computer.
  • @wiseh @chrssyms @vv826 @nmbrcrnchr1 Thanks, ladies. I appreciate the feedback and support ❤️ It means a lot. 
  • Oh @luckystar28 I’m so sorry. That sounds absolutely miserable. I completely understand how you’re feeling. It’s ok to get it all out here. That’s what we’re for! Hopefully all the sickness goes away soon. Also, since you’re so miserable hopefully you have a easy uncomplicated rest of your pregnancy. 
  • @luckystar28 sorry to hear nausea and feeling awful are still with you. I hope you can get a ton of rest and also that you find some local support. I know that's hard to do, especially when you don't feel well enough to go out in search of new friends... Is there a local neighborhood moms-to-be group you could check out?
  • @luckystar28 I’m sorry you’re still having such a rough go of it, plus the constant worry and feeling isolated. I think being pregnant can feel isolating in and of itself if you don’t have anyone locally who’s also going through it. And that just compounds everything. I really hope you start to feel better soon and can coast through the rest of this pregnancy! 

Have you or could you try acupuncture? I hear it’s good for sciatica, MS, etc. I did it for my FET and I’d say at the very least it gave me an hour of relaxation every day, which would maybe be helpful in and of itself for you. :)

@harrierwife How did the pneumonia recovery go? I’m sure you’re feeling 10,000 times better!

@chrssyms My Photos app today decided to remind me of our Hawaii trip 4 years ago. +1 for why can’t we all be relaxing in tropical paradise instead of working! Safe travels!
  • @luckystar28 I know what you mean.  This pregnancy is way rougher than the other two with the sciatic pain and back pain already. I hope it gets better for you soon!
  • @luckystar28 I’ve been having some sciatic pain too that can get pretty bad at times. I found some non-pregnancy stretches that helped relieve some of the pain before my stomach made them uncomfortable. #3 and #4 helped me the most.

https://www.healthline.com/health/back-pain/sciatic-stretches#knee-to-opposite-shoulder

I haven’t tried any of the pregnancy ones yet, but these will probably also help if the others are too uncomfortable.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/sciatica-pain-stretches

These might at at least give some relief before you can get in to see someone for it.
  • @luckystar28 You poor girl! I'm sorry your pregnancy is sucking so much. I hope it gets better soon.

@chrssyms AMEN.

Just had the conversation with my boss...and he wants me in the office for 40/hours a week now. He's pleased with my work, but at the same time he doesn't really know what I do outside of what he specifically asks me to do, and he doesn't like emailing or texting when he has a question -- he wants to be able to come ask me. I said I had noticed I get as much or more done at home, more comfortably since I've been pregnant, and I was just going off of what I was told I could do when I was hired. (I didn't mention that I actually had just wanted to be hired part-time, and his son OFFERED the opportunity to work from home if I would do full-time instead.) He also pointed out that the salesmen often work from home, but he knows what they do, and it isn't that he doesn't trust that I'm working, he knows I am, he just doesn't have a way to measure it and would rather I'm just there. Never mind that he (and his son, who apparently is on board with his dad in wanting me there) kind of come and go -- totally their prerogative, they own the company -- but I'm pretty irritated to now just be required to be here in case they have a question. Totally changes how I organize my day now. They had said before that, if DH ever got a job elsewhere in the country, they wanted me to stay on and work remotely...soooooo...hopefully that's still on the table, but if they think I can do the job remotely, it's silly to require me to be here all the time. And now this means I have to find more comfortable work pants. UGH.
  • @ki1244 well that sounds like a lot of crap. I'm really sorry you have to actually go in now. I would not be happy with that at all. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I quite like my commute. It takes an hour and is about 60km each way (37mi). It gives me time to debrief with myself/have some chill time or I call and chat to my SO/mother. Mostly highway driving so it's 'easy' driving. 
    I wouldn't like it if traffic were involved.