November 2018 Moms

N18 Chit Chat & Updates m/o December 18

what do we think of consolidating all topics/posts to one thread now that ticker change is done and everyone’s out of nicu? do we think this is better?

Re: N18 Chit Chat & Updates m/o December 18

• @highsteaks Yeah, just like a big randoms thread? Works for me! There's not many of us left here anyways so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with one thread. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • I agree! This should work great!
  • Loading the player...
  • @offtoneverland yea! i was actually thinking it was harder to keep everything straight going through different threads.
  • @offtoneverland How is S doing? Is she still taking her bottles well?
  • and also to clarify, not the board police here, so if others want to start other threads, have at it. and of course, post in the birth announcements when babies arrive!
  • @wildrainbow S is doing really awesome. I'm still expecting her to start refusing her bottles because I didn't think it would happen this quickly. I thought I was getting my hopes up way too high. But whatever happened, it's working! She was 8lb 1oz when the home nurse came on Thursday. She's coming again tomorrow at 10, and I'll let you guys know how her weight looks and what the nurse says! I can't see how there's any way she would have lost weight, so we should be good to go. I imagine the home nurse will probably come a few more times to check up on S though before we're officially cleared. 
    @highsteaks Responding to your comment from another thread--my sister has twin boys and one of them definitely drew the short straw like your Emilia. Both her twins have speech issues and have had eye surgeries for a lazy eye, but Easton has high functioning autism and a genetic disorder so he struggles a lot because of that. It's disappointing when one twin has to deal with so much more than the other. I'm sorry that Emilia has had to deal with so much already. :( Good luck at the cardiologist appointment.

My random: Anyone out there with super tiny nipples? I never realized until now that my nipples are super small and I'm struggling to figure out pumping this time around. I pumped really easily with DD1 for a year using the standard 24mm size, but this time the 24mm size was giving me clogged ducts constantly. I ordered the 21mm size and it definitely works a lot better, but I still woke up with a clogged duct today.  :s I'm considering ordering the 19mm flange size but I don't want to keep spending money on new parts if it's not necessary. Perhaps I should find an LC... 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland I would say find an LC to see what is going on. Will you try to bf at all or just EP? 
  • @offtoneverland i definitely agree finding a good lc will be very helpful. i used 21mm flanges last time so assumed that was what i should use again this time, but when i was having all those issues in the first couple weeks (clogged ducts including), i asked the lc’s opinion. to my surprise, the lc actually thought that the 28mm would be better for me. we sat down and pumped using all the different sizes so she could look and decide. as far as clogged ducts— two things: 1, are you massaging as you pump to help squeeze them out? 2, how’s your water intake? i notice that i tend to start getting clogged ducts when i’m not drinking as much water as i ought to. i try to drink a couple extra glasses more than “to thirst” a day, and that combined with the massaging seems to keep them at bay.

afm— that blister came back with a vengeance, and i can not stand to nurse on that side. sent dh to pick up special healing cream for me, so fx that it works quickly. i’m already getting lopsided from not pumping/nursing equally  :D but also :'(
  • @ftm_jen & @kbyahn good luck tonight and tomorrow! will be sending positive thoughts for smooth and quick deliveries. can’t wait to see those birth announcements.
  • How's it going today ladies?
  • Hey strangers! I've been trying to love tit, but I haven't been able to get on the computer much. Somehow I already have a one month old! 

@offtoneverland - I agree with above - make sure you are massaging while you pump. Do you have a hands free bra?

I am going to try to participate here more for you ladies who aren't on facebook! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @mockingjay1 Yay! I've missed you said the internet stranger(ish))! I said ish because we've spent 8 months "together". Anyway, I digress, how is your little man? How is your ds1 coping with a little brother?
  • How's it going today ladies?

@mockingjay1 hey!!! good to hear from you. yes please do tell how life’s been in the past month.
  • @highsteaks hugs and wine, my friend. Hugs and wine....and maybe dairy free cookies?
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited December 2018
    @wildrainbow i may have gone overboard at the grocery store this morning buying milk alternatives. i found oat milk, pea protein milk, and banana milk (which tastes like disappointing banana bread, ha). also bought some vegan cheese. i hate to admit it, but the twins reflux has improved since stopping cows milk. i still think it’s treenuts though because i ate some cashews a few days ago and they were spituppy those days, but getting both milk and treenuts out this week, then i’ll reintroduce cows milk next week and see what happens.

how has Matthew’s reflux been? eta— nevermind, you answered that in the other thread. how are you doing now? M sleeping any better?
  • @highsteaks Haha, that is a lot of alternative milk. Pea protein milk doesn't sound very appetizing. M is sleeping ok. It's not great. He is a super loud sleeper sms grunts a lot. I'm ok. I need to be better about eating. Between both kids, which if I didn't know any better, I would say they coordinated when they needed me to when I wanted to eat or pee; I only eat about once per day. Not exactly ideal, but I've lost all the baby weight, so there's that....
  • @wildrainbow i know what you mean about not getting to eat! kids, man. i gave up and bought a bunch of grab and go snacks; diet-schmiet. i loved trail mix, but nuts are out now, so that’s not working anymore. i guess now it’ll just be carbs carbs carbs.
  • @highsteaks - ugh DS1 had MSPI so once we figured that out I had to eliminate milk and soy. It sucks! 

We are doing well over here. DS1 has adjusted SO much better than anticipated. He loves his little brother and it makes my heart so happy. So far we've been really lucky because Spencer is pretty chill. He's gained 4lbs since we left the hospital and he's usually only up 1-2x a night to nurse. I feel like all I do is breastfeed, so I miss a lot of time with DS1 but he just talks to me or plays while I feed. We've definitely been lucky so far!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @mockingjay1 4lbs?! Holy crap, that's amazing! I'm over here like my baby weighs over 6lbs, yeah! I feel you on the nursing, M nurses every 2 hours during the day and about every 4 at night. 
    edited December 2018
    @mockingjay1 so happy to hear how well Spencer is doing! 4 pounds is amazing! how is ds1 doing? is he enjoying preschool? did you get to finish the nursery the way you wanted? eta—with the milk allergy, was it just cows milk, or all animal milk you had to give up? 
  • Ughhh.... Momma needs sleep! Also I'm soooo terrible trying to keep up with things. How are you ladies? 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts How are you? How is your sweet girl? 

AFM: M didn't sleep well last night, so naturally, neither did I. I am tired and a bit irritable. I will consuming all the coffee today. I've been solo parenting most of the time as it's Christmas theatre time. H has been working late every night and doesnt have a day off until the 20th. I'm already over it. A newborn and a toddler is so hard.
  • @offtoneverland Yes, my husband is a production manager/tech director at a local theater. He's the head honcho in charge, lol.  That is freaking awesome about Sydney!! I'm so excited. I know you are over the moon. 4 oz is an awesome weight gain. Something that may help with her sleeping in bed, take a heating pad and put it in her bed on low before you lay her down. Hopefully, that will "trick" her. We had to do that with ds1 and it seemed to work well. 
    edited December 2018
    @wildrainbow :/ 
    eta-hit post too soon by accident
    i’m sorry you’re solo parenting. how are you feeling? are you still coming down with something?

@offtoneverland an ounce a day is incredible! and thank you for the mac n cheese tip! i need all the dairy free advice i can get. dd1 wanted me to eat one of the cupcakes that we made this morning (with milk and butter, of course), and elise spit up a ton later on, so now i’m starting to believe it is milk. i am so bummed at the thought of how tough it will be to limit diary. most delicious things have dairy in it!

@lurvleybunchococonuts  sleep deprivation is the worst, then top it off with feeling the urge to get stuff done instead of just napping. it’s such a cruel cycle.

@kbyahn  congratulations! looking forward to your full birth story.

afm—i’m really struggling with the boob pain. the one side hurts all the time, not just at feedings—sudden sharp pain, not sure how else to describe. and during feedings, it’s torture. i gave myself half a days break, then assigned the better latcher to that side, and vary the holds/positions. the blister seems to have gone down, but like i said the pain is still round the clock at this point just with the slightest pressure. i think i will have to call the lc group and see what they recommend. so between that and the dairy thing, i’m really sad today.
  • @highsteaks Hugs, friend. Hang in there. Definitely sounds like a good idea to call the LC. That type of pain doesn't sound normal. I hope you can figure it out and the pain goes away soon. I'm also really sorry about the dairy thing. I'm hoping that's not what it is but it's good of you to try in case. @wildrainbow tricking her with the heating pad is a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • wildrainbowwildrainbow member
    edited December 2018
    @highsteaks I'm sorry about the boob pain, that is the worst. I'm really sorry that dairy seems to be the culprit. Do you think you will have to go all militant and look for it hidden in other foods? I know some babies are just that sensitive. Are they showing a sensitivity to sit as well? Usually the two,go hand in hand. 

@offtoneverland Did you try the heating pad?

AFM: I think I may be officially coming down with something. My ear is still stopped up and woke up today with a sinus migraine. I'm trying not to freak out about being sick, but it's hard. If M gets sick, he has a one way ticket back to the hospital. They won't try to treat him any other way. I'm hoping I can beat this before it turns into a sinus infection or worse. It's not helping my sanity that ds1 is coughing as well. I'm a ball of stress and nerves. H's work schedule certainly isn't helping.

Edit: spelling
  • @wildrainbow i will probably try to avoid as best as i can. last night they were really restless and spit up in the crib. it was rough enough that i’m starting to think giving up milk isn’t so bad; i’d rather that than getting up every 15 minutes to soothe or replace pacis  :s no idea about soy. i guess i’ll find out eventually. 
       can you get to the doctor? or will they call in antibiotics given the circumstances?
  • @highsteaks No and no. They want to see me and I can't go today. I REALLY don't want to take M or ds1. Right now I'm drinking water like it's my job and hoping it helps flush it out. It's all I can do. If H doesnt have to be at work until the afternoon this weekend, I will try to go to urgent care and at least get a shot of steroids to help. Then I will Lysol the heck out of everything!
  • @highsteaks - DS1 is doing really well. He loves his teachers and school. We did get the nursery done before baby came. Not that he'll be in it for 6+ months but it's done! I only cut out cows milk I think... I'm not sure that I ever consume any other kind of milk? I also cut out soy since often milk and soy intolerance go hand in hand. I am so sorry you're in pain. I hope you're able to meet with an LC soon and figure out what's going on. 

@offtoneverland - oh my gosh that is freaking amazing news!!!! Way to go Sydney! I am so glad she is eating and gaining so well! Hope you're able to get some rest soon.

@wildrainbow - wow that would be so hard doing everything on your own right now. I don't know what I would do without DH's help with cooking, cleaning, and DS1. You're a rockstar. I hope you feel better ASAP and the boys don't get sick. I can't remember, are you breastfeeding? If so you'll make antibodies and pass them to M to help protect him from whatever bug you have. I've had a hacking cough for a week now, and so far nobody else has caught it. Hopefully it will stay that way. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @mockingjay1 Yeah, I'm BFing, which is prolly the only thing saving M right now. As far as cleaning goes, it's make sure the kids stay alive or clean. I chose the former so it looks like a tornado hit my house. But, Hey, at least they are alive, which is about all I can claim. 
    edited December 2018
    @mockingjay1 the only other kind of milk i was thinking of was goats milk (specially, just goat cheese). i was drinking soy milk in my coffee, but i’ll stop that too.
  • Oooo I may have to try that heating pad trick! That's brilliant!

Baby girl is doing very well! She's eating like a champ. Not gonna lie.... Pumping effing SUCKS but it's better than nothing. My goal is to continue at least through the high risk germ months. We're ahout 50/50 BM/formul and keep telling myself some is better than nothing. It's exhausting though. I keep praying one day it'll "click" and get easier. My biggest hurdles are drinking enough and making sure I eat. 

@wildrainbow Good luck on the solo parenting. You are a champ! That would be sooo rough. MH has been sick for a few weeks (finally convinced him to make a dr appt tmrw) so it's been hard enough doing 90% of the baby stuff. I cant imagine doing it all plus a toddler!

@highsteaks owwie I hope the boob pain gets better! That sounds awful! And not normal.

@kbyahn congrats!!! 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts power to you for having a goal and sticking to it even though pumping sucks. i hope Lulu gets the hang of things soon. Did the shield help at all?
  • @MojieJo @marfi236 how are you both doing? @ftm_jen thinking of you, too! i’m guessing you’re also busy with a brandnew baby by now <3

• Day 2 of ds1 not napping. Thank God for Octonauts. He is obsessed and quiet, even if it's way more tv time than normal. At least it's educational.
  • @highsteaks At least your girls let you put them down. M has been in my arms all day. I finally broke out my RS when I saw it was 3:00 and I still hadn't eaten. He's been pretty crabby today. 
  • @highsteaks They are soooo sweet.  <3 Can I come snuggle them? ;) I'm glad you got some peace and quiet for a bit. Did it last long?
    @wildrainbow I did try the heating pad trick once but didn't have much luck. I need to try it again tonight. 

Afm: I'm tired of pumping and really want to switch to formula. My husband is not on board with it though and I'm frustrated. I've been trying to go a bit longer between pumping sessions and my supply took a dip. Obviously I could pump more often but... I don't wanna! I want to spend time with my girls and my husband, not be tied to my pump. Plus when I'm home alone with S it's really hard to pump because she hates being put down. :( I just want to enjoy the last few weeks of my leave with S and not have to worry about pumping. Hmph. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4