February 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/19-11/23

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/19-11/23

• @lzzfrancisco I have the same issue. I’m starving and eat a lot of food and then I’m so full I have no desire to eat for a long time. Sometimes I only have one or two meals a day. 

@BourbonBiscuits awww I love kittens! I think since it’s young you should be able to somewhat ‘train’ it to be good with kids. Often the kitten will just figure that out on its’ own since kids tend to ‘rule’ over any pets there may be lol. 
  • megpants209megpants209 member
    edited November 2018
    @BourbonBiscuits you can always take it to the vet for a general checkup and age estimate before making a set decision. 

@lzzfrancisco I’m admittedly far more familiar with dogs/puppies than cats and kittens but yep, those first 8-12 weeks of life are superrr important for general socialization of animals. A lot of “aggressive” animals have been separated too young so it’s an uphill battle from the beginning. It can be done though, it’s not impossible, just more work to teach them appropriate behavior. 

Edited bc Bump autocorrect is so strange sometimes 
  • Loading the player...
  • So not sure if I post in symptoms or randoms but here I go. I’m having serious anxiety about going into the hospital. Because ive been diagnosed with vasa previa, Ill need to be admitted at 28-30 weeks. I’m 28 weeks now, I go Tuesday for an update with my OB. If its moved, which is highly highly unlikely, he will tell me when to be in hospital with csection at 34/35 weeks.  Which, whatever, its whats best for the babies. Being in hospital isnt what upsets me. But its my three year old. I don’t want to leave her, I don’t want to be away for the first christmas shes excited for. I’m having serious meltdowns everynight thinking about leaving. 
  • @cali1710 that would be so tough! Hoping for good news for you on Tuesday 
  • Oh @cali1710 that sounds awful :( I'm so so sorry. Is there any estimate of when you'd get out? Like maybe everyone could do the big Christmas celebration once you're home?
  • @megpants209 they expect me to stay until he babies come, which will be no later then 35 weeks. So Ill be admitted anytime now until mid January. We will probably do a Christmas when I’m out but its not the same as seeing her wake up Christmas morning. Ive known for a while I’ll have to be in the hospital but now that the time has come I’m just freaking out. 
  • @cali1710 hoping for good news for you on Tuesday. I’m sorry!  :/
  • @cali1710 I wish I could say something that would make you feel better about the situation. It's essential, but shitty.  :(
  • @cali1710 I am so sorry. I can’t imagine how hard that is. You are absolutely doing what’s necessary for your babies, but that doesn’t make it any easier. Lots of love to you guys!
  • @cali1710 that is scary and anxiety provoking for sure! Fingers crossed Tuesday goes well. 
  • @cali1710 will your DD have Christmas celebrations with other parts of your family? Like we always have ours, with my parents and with the ILs. If you do maybe you can make it feel super special that she gets lots of Christmas? And the good thing about young kids is their sense of time isn't as good as ours so you can make Christmas morning whatever day you get to celebrate with her. Just throwing out some ideas. I know it probably doesn't help you feel better but it'll be ok. She's getting 2 new babies too! That will help I'm sure! Hang in there! Hoping for good news for you this week. 
  • @cali1710- That is really sad and scary, and I would be feeling very upset about missing Xmas with my little as well.  Sending so much hope for a luckier circumstance than the one you fear!
  • @cali1710 - It wouldn’t be easy if it wasn’t the holidays, and that can’t make it easier. I’ll be thinking of you!

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @cali1710 That sounds incredibly difficult! I'm so sorry you have to be in the hospital for so long away from your DD. Hopefully you can have a nice celebration at the hospital. Thinking of you and hoping everything's moved in there, even though it's unlikely. Keep up updated!
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    edited November 2018
    @cali1710 fingers crossed for tues,  hope it goes well!
  • @cali1710 aw that post made me really sad. I‘m so sorry. Obviously you’re doing what you have to do, but that won’t make it easier. Can you have a little tree at the hospital and do some presents there? Or maybe at least FaceTime when she wakes up so you can still see it all. 
  • @cali1710 that is so tough. I can understand why you feel that way. I hope you get good news at your appt!
  • @cali1710 hugs to you, lady! That sounds really hard, you have every right to be emotional about it!
  • @cali1710 That's really hard, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. And being a bit of a drive away is even harder for that long. I bet she'll be really excited to see you, though! Perhaps y'all could open some of the presents at the hospital, so that you can see her open them in person?
  • @hannahbananas11 yes I’m hoping to take some gifts with me for her to open but the majoriety I’ll let her do it at home. Santa gifts And what not. 
  • @cali1710 a shitty situation but I think you have a good attitude about it, sending hugs <3 
  • aww @cali1710 I have a three year old and that would break my heart too.  Hugs to you...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @danixbanani24 mine will be three in january. Shes so into christmas this year! Its adorable. I plan to make sure she has a kick ass birthday when I’m out. 
  • @cali1710 that sounds so hard! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! Maybe if everything looks really good with you and the babies, they could give you a six hour reprieve and you could surprise your little girl for Christmas morning? I would be so tempted to sneak out of the hospital, but I'm sure vasa previa with multiples is pretty serious! Let us know how your appt goes tomorrow!
  • @lzzfrancisco I think id be allowed to leave, I mean they cant hold me there if I don’t want to be. But knowing my luck, I’ll be home a few hours and something will happen. Ill let you know how it goes:) thanks!
  • @cali1710 good luck tuesday. Sounds like ypu have a good plan though!

@BourbonBiscuits I am so happy to hear ypu are taking the little one in. I wish more people would be able to.do it instead of a shelter. Those arenso.over crowded. Both my kittoes were street rats under  and2 months old and now they are 14 and fat and happy and warm.