February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/19-11/23

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/19-11/23

• Options
    I learned today that barring any medical concerns, my hospital's policy is to induce at 41+1. Is that standard? My doula said we could probably get them to wait up to 4 days longer. 

• Options
    Baby girl is measuring 4 weeks ahead. I'm REALLY hoping just to go into labor on my own this time. Being induced was fine, but I still feel weirdly disappointed in my body that it didn't do its thing independently.
    I have given birth 4 times so far. I have been induced every time. Once at 42+2 (schedule conflict at hospital). I expect it may happen again. Sometimes bodies and doctors don't run on the same schedule. I'm trying to be chill about this one. I just want to avoid a C-section. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becks_726 that policy is possible,my doc said last pregnancy he is not okay past 41 weeks, same doc same policy. FYI, there are tricks to increase  time of labor, however if I remember right, you were not wanting to participate in any of these tricks.
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 I'm happy to learn about anything and everything! 
  • Options
    becks_726 said:
    I learned today that barring any medical concerns, my hospital's policy is to induce at 41+1. Is that standard? My doula said we could probably get them to wait up to 4 days longer. 

I think it’s pretty standard. My dr said she doesn’t like going over 40 weeks at all, but will not allow over 41 99% of the time. She said it’s just not worth the increase of bad outcomes. 
  • Options
    @becks_726 most methods for labor  are for starting at 36 weeks, so maybe a good discussion around January. 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I love Lucas Michael and Rosalie Ann! Happy you get to finally go back to your home and got all your blood work back in good shape! Hope you have a very relaxing long weekend! You definitely deserve it!
  • Options
    @cmkrauss my only concern with Lucas is I wonder if Lucy/Luke sound too similar. I just can’t decide. I like the way Eli, Lucy, and Max go together but I also really love Rosie and Luke on their own. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I didn’t think of that! I do like Max with Eli and Lucy! 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies good to hear from you.  I love Max for boy or girl! 

At least POS-H is consistent  :|
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cmjenkies so glad you get to go home. I love the name Rosalie!! It’s so beautiful and unique. I teach 450 students a year and I’ve never had a Rosalie 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies you can't go wrong with any of those names! I particularly like Maxwell and Maxine.
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 I’m really ready but also scared to just get back home and try to get on with whatever the new normal is going to be. I’m so tired of living in limbo.
  • Options
    Picking my food based on what will be easy to throw up is getting old. I just finished throwing up for the FOURTH time today. Happy 27 weeks to me. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @cmjenkies I love the Eli, Lucy, Max combo. All the names are lovely, though.
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I love max! All great names. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving .. though, I’m sure it’ll be difficult xo

so DD woke up briefly and decided to check my results from bloodwork/GD test online and now I’m all freaked out. I just BARELY failed the one hour test 7.8 is normal and I got 8.1). I just don’t need one more thing added to this shittery of a pregnancy. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @cali1710 it’s pretty common to fail the one hour and pass the 3. 8.1 is pretty high though and it happens a lot in twin pregnancies. Just know if you do end up having it, it is only temporary, you’ll have support here. 

Edit 8.1 isn’t as high as I thought. 
  • Options
    I really can't start another day at 2 am. I just can't. DS woke me up for his medicine which is fine but he wouldn't go back to sleep in his own bed. He is currently taking over my pillow fort and I'm on the couch not sleeping. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons thanks :) I know theres a few ladies on here with gd so you’re right, its a great support group. I failed my one hour with DD with almost the same reading so fingers crossed. Bt it is what it is, like you said its common in twins. 
  • Options
    So unique they can't even spell unique properly. Apostrophes in names are something else. 

These names make me realize my kid will be fine no matter what we choose. 

They should be able to handle FOUR LETTERS!! eventually @grebretso
  • Options
    @grebretso - Are you pronouncing it ee-vaar or ee-vare? I could get mixing those pronunciations up, but I don't get Ivar. It's a totally different name. 

FWIW, my grandma never spelled my brother's name right (Zachary, nn Zach, she spelled it Zac/Zack) in 23 years and MIL never spells either of my kid's names right. I don't have high hopes for her spelling Henrik right either. I'm shocked she spells my name right, TBH.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Today at my doctor's appointment,  instead of scheduling the famous glucose drink, my doctor said since I wasn't high risk, that he could just draw my blood. So I had my blood drawn instead today. It's worth asking if some of your doctors are that nice. 
  • Options
    @kayjay44 I’m pronouncing if ee-vare. They’re just too used to Ivar’s, pronounced eye-var, which messed with their heads. Damn that restaurant! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @cmjenkies - glad to hear from you <3 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 that name is crazy!! At least they don’t have to spell it how it’s pronounced I guess? Trying to find some silver lining lol. I agree the best is Celestra Stormrider. It sounds like a comic book character and/or superhero lol!
  • Options
    @grebretso - I mean, Bon Iver - c'mon. 

That said, Ivar's still has one of my favorite happy hours and brunches, so I can't hate on it too much  :D And the fact that the bar at their Salmon House is called the "whale maker lounge" and they actually have two whale penises displayed (I can't remember if they still do post-renovation ) is just amazing.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @kayjay44 damn Bon Iver too! I don’t want that sappy band to be associated with my son :D

Funny, my office is right next to the Salmon House. It’s a little pricey for lunch most days, but I might splurge today!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    @grebretso- A) I love Bon Iver. B) You might love it too if it’s the shorthand way you get (at least hipster ;)) people to pronounce your kid’s name correctly!  C) Ivar’s WAS my puberty. Me and my bestie used to spend our summer days at Lake Washington and get clam strips or whatever there before or after pedalboating. Ah the memories.

ETA:  That turned my “B” into a cool sunglasses emoji for some reason...
  • Options
    @grebretso I didn't want to say it but since @kayjay44 and @sjnsjnsjn went first, I love Ivar's too, so many yummy meals and happy hours spent there! But I think I would still manage to hear the difference between that and Iver...
  • Options
    I got my first "a woman in your state should have  seat" rather than stand in line for my turn.. today.  I declined but then she even offered to let me go ahead of her which i also declined... she was older, but it was cute.  Im not sure if she was referencing my extreme bedhead or my bump though??  :D  ill go with bump, guess im showing more than i thought now lol
  • Options
    First RRL tea of this pregnancy. I work my way up to 6 cups a day over 6 weeks. Crazy that I’m at this point already!

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    kayjay44kayjay44 member
    edited November 2018
    Fun fact - the first place we took DS on the way home from the hospital was Ivar's (the one in Edmonds) on our way to the pharmacy to get diapers and cough syrup with codine for me.

@disneybaby84 - This is why I worry so much more about lettuce and vegetables than I do lunch meat and raw fish sushi. I try to avoid uncooked vegetables while pregnant for that reason (but bring on the lunch meat and sushi).

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Haha, I had no idea everyone loves Ivar’s so much! I go there sometimes myself, but I usually just get fish & chips at the walk up counter and then eat it at my desk. Might have to go there for real sometime.

@kayjay44, forgive my lack of will to Google, but what does that tea do? 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso - it's a uterine tonic. I'm not sure if it actually does anything, but it gives me some feeling of control and preparation for labor (even if it's a placebo). To be honest, kind of tastes like grass but some people like it. It's also supposed to help with PMS and period symptoms (like cramping), but I've had like 4 periods in the last 5 years, so I've never tried it.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016