February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/19-11/23

What’s going on this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/19-11/23

• Options
    @okayestmom12 We had thanksgiving last month (Canada) and it was fabulous. The extra room and stretch was great! Happy thanksgiving to all the Americans on here!

sitting doing my glucose test. The worst. I mean I feel ok, a bit sleepy. Hopefully thats not a bad sign ha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 - I would be if I didn’t have such extreme heartburn  :'(

I’m so glad this is a short week, though!!

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @ginger1228- I think that’s a very cool program to share! I looked into into but unfortunately my hospital is not on the list.
  • Options
    @ginger1228 Is cord blood donation controversial? I wanted to donate ours but our hospital also doesn’t participate :(
  • Options
    ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited November 2018
    If your hospital doesn’t participate, you can still sign up! You might not qualify but they’ll contact you. My hospital doesn’t participate, but my doctor is willing to do it - she said they send me a kit and I’ll have to take it to the hospital with me. My doctor will have to take a short test (to make sure she knows the procedure). Unsure of who sends it off - assuming the doctor’s office. So I went ahead and filled out the application and the organization is supposed to contact me within a week about qualifications. 

@megpants209 - I’m not sure if it’s controversial - it’s the same as stem cell transplants and I think that has been controversial to some people? I’m not sure. Also if you do delayed cord clamping you can’t donate. So wasn’t sure if the convo would lead to that kind of debate. You guys seems like a pretty mellow group so I don’t really foresee that, but never know when a SS will pop up!
  • Options
    @ginger1228 thanks for the info! It's been vaguely at the back of my mind to look into this. I'm a touch confused because my hospital does (somewhat?) delayed cord clamping as a matter of procedure but I saw a sign for cord blood donations when I was in there last. I'll have to ask about that when I do my tour. 
  • Options
    @ginger1228- Thx for the info all around! We did (and will again do) delayed clamping so I am going to ask my OB about it at my appt today.
  • Options
    @ginger1228 ahhh didn’t realize you couldn’t donate if you do delayed cord clamping. I will have to research a bit more!
  • Options
    @ginger1228 ahhh didn’t realize you couldn’t donate if you do delayed cord clamping. I will have to research a bit more!
    Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought that’s what my doctor told me last pregnancy. But she could have just been going over different scenarios and I misunderstood.  
  • Options
    Cord blood donation is really interesting! I’m definitely doing delayed cord clamping (that’s also normal practice at my hospital), but if you can still donate cord blood after that I’ll do that too. If not, delayed cord clamping takes priority for me.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    We opt for delayed cord clamping (they wait until it stops pulsing - there are different types of delayed cord clamping so you want to be clear) which means you can't donate. If I could do both, I would.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @ginger1228- Confirmed with my OB today that my hospital does not do the donation thing.  Oh well.
  • Options
    @kayjay44 ah, that makes sense. I was actually wondering if there would be enough blood left for donation after delayed, now I don’t need to ask my doc about it since we go to the same hospital! I wish both were possible too.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    So I like to lurk in the other BMBs and it looks like January 19 has already had their first birth. They’re just a month before us!! Can’t believe how close we are! 

DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Holy crap @grebretso. That's a little too real. 
  • Options
    I went down that rabbit hole yesterday. 
  • Options
    Our first birth in June 14 was in March  :o - it's totally possible.

I'm also 99% sure at this point mine will actually be a January baby.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I love Thanksgiving. We're hosting 15 people! My sister, Bil and niece come in Weds and are staying with us through sat.
    My MIL makes the Turkey so her and Fil will be here all day Thursday. 
    Then bc my sisters family is here my side is doing chanukah Fri night.
    My best friends are coming over Sat for brunch with their hubby's (my bff is visiting from Seattle) 
    Sun DH has some friends coming over.
    All if this is at my house that I've lived in for 6weeks so not 100% done, and I'm excited but also already exhausted!!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    We're a ways out, but I really liked this for statistics about going into labor: https://spacefem.com/pregnant/due.php?use=EDD&m=02&d=18&y=19

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @ginger1228- I feel the same way. It’s pretty darn magical of a feeling and I am extra excited for the FTMs too!
  • Options
    I’m feeling like this LO will be coming early too - my EDD is technically 1/29 but this kid is measuring two weeks ahead and weighs 3lbs 11oz already! I’m 30 weeks tomorrow  :#
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I’ve been measuring ahead too- due date 2/1 but scheduled c/s 1/25! Having a growth scan in a few weeks to see how big this babe is though! 

Such an exciting time for ftm! 
  • Options
    I’m feeling like this LO will be coming early too - my EDD is technically 1/29 but this kid is measuring two weeks ahead and weighs 3lbs 11oz already! I’m 30 weeks tomorrow  :#
    This is my first time measuring ahead - I'm 3 weeks ahead  :# How, given the fact I have puked basically daily for 6+ months, I do not know. This kid is doing his own thing and draining my body of life.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    God, I hope this baby stays put for a good while. I have so little ready. The house is still a complete disaster just in terms of regular upkeep: I'm behind on laundry, I need to clean out the fridge, the floors could really use a good mopping... And I still need quite a few things, chief among them being a crib. If this baby arrived tomorrow, it'd be sleeping in one of the boxes currently sitting in my recycling pile. :lol:
  • Options
    I’m supposed to be induced by 2/14 at 39 weeks but there’s a few things that could make it earlier. GD and being on insulin for it is the big reason why. I didn’t have pre-e with DD but my blood pressure did get higher than usual the last few weeks with her. Pre-e is more common with gd. I hope not. I do have a feeling it’ll end up being earlier than 39 weeks though.
  • Options
    I asked my dr today about measuring ahead (I’m not but I have a friend who is and we were just talking about measurements) and she said it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll deliver early, plus if baby is big then it might even hold things up (esp if big head) bc baby doesn’t lower as easily.  :|
  • Options
    @ginger1228 I feel like that’s definitely true. DD was almost two weeks late and was huge- definitely felt like it slowed things down because she was so big 
  • Options
    Im trying for a vbac. My OB either wants to ‘augment’ me or for me to go into labor by 39 weeks. If that doesn’t happen I get a scheduled c-section. According to the chart @kayjay44 posted I only have a 24% chance of going into labor by 39 weeks whereas I’d have a 75% chance if she let me go to 41 weeks like I want. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I'm in the same boat as you. I have a few pj's, a used ergobaby a coworker gifted to me and a dresser that is still in five separate Ikea boxes. Please don't come early, baby!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I’m not measuring ahead at all but I just REALLY feel like this kid is coming early. No idea why whatsoever so it’ll be interesting to see when it happens. 
  • Options
    Baby girl is measuring 4 weeks ahead. I'm REALLY hoping just to go into labor on my own this time. Being induced was fine, but I still feel weirdly disappointed in my body that it didn't do its thing independently.