June 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 10/29

1235»

Re: Randoms 10/29

• Options
    I think it's from The Knot. It is a name they are given and they are suppose to change it. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 - Ah. Got it. I find them to be super annoying, frankly. I have no idea who's who. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ harrierwife I agree. 
  • Options
    I actually can't wait til 3rd tri when we move to Facebook. I hate The Bump, when I use the app it always mistypes things and makes it hard to write directly to people. It is also hard to copy/paste the questions in the check ins. I find myself not participating as much because it is such a pain in the butt.

• Options
    amaren-2 said:
    I actually can't wait til 3rd tri when we move to Facebook. I hate The Bump, when I use the app it always mistypes things and makes it hard to write directly to people. It is also hard to copy/paste the questions in the check ins. I find myself not participating as much because it is such a pain in the butt.

I'm the opposite-I deleted my Facebook account for a variety of reasons. So I'll be here holding the fort after the Facebook exodus. :)
  • Options
    There was a Gatorade bottle in our pipe that leads to the sewer....
  • Options
    @marijaa333 we had some people in my last BMB that created a private account just for the group. Kept all the family/friend drama off. 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I'm glad they figured it out but how the heck did that happen?
  • Options
    @marijaa333 I don’t have FB either, so I’ll probably be here with you. I had considered creating a bump only FB acct, but I really don’t trust them. I’ll reevaluate when it gets closer. 
  • Options
    Apparently my redirect post was welcoming but not welcoming, whatever that means. I thought I was nice about it. I at least answered the question that was asked. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited November 2018
    @amaren-2 @TJtheGoat Too many privacy concerns for me (not from group participants but FB itself), plus I think their corporate governance practices are highly concerning. I just can't bring myself to do it. 
  • Options
    @marijaa333 my husband deleted his account for the same reasons. The last straw was when they started talking about connecting with their users bank accounts. Why do they think they need to do that? 
  • Options
    @marijaa333 that is exactly my concern. I am in law enforcement and I regularly exploit the privacy gaps so I am fully aware of how insecure it actually is. Even if your profile is “private” there is a lot of information publicly available if you know how to query for it. 
  • Options
    @TJtheGoat Exactly. In addition, the code itself sucks in many places and is relatively easily hackable (this includes "private" chats on messenger. "Partners" of Facebook, which are not disclosed to users, also have access to quite a bit of metadata as well as individual friends lists, regardless of settings.  Breaches are in the news weekly. The latest was the other day: https://www.wired.com/story/hackers-posted-private-facebook-messages/

And the official response from Zuck is "AI will fix it," which is laughable.

I'm more than happy to hang with law enforcement on a slow board. ;) Maybe the rest will come visit us occasionally. :D

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond wtf!? A Gatorade bottle!? That’s crazy. I wonder how it got in there? 

@ohheyitsb love that show! 
  • Options
    The bump app sucks. I have lots of reservations about using my real FB profile. June is a long time away. We will see how much crazy shakes out prior to that and my ability to keep up here. I have seen both sides of the coin with this whole thing and it has a lot of benefits but can also be incredibly hurtful and weird too. 
  • Options
    I am in a FB group from the BMB for when I was due with the daughter we lost.  I had to take some time away because obviously it was hard when they all have babies the age mine should be .But they were so supportive during the loss and I was glad to have them.  I totally understand everyone's reservations though.

And yeah I have no idea how a Gatorade bottle would get in there.  Unless someone purposely put it there?
  • Options
    Gatorade bottle? That’s crazy. But at least it was an easy fix! I’m sure it must have been construction crew debris. Hopefully no one would put it there on purpose but maybe I have too much faith in people. It’s always something is t it?
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I know I try to believe no one would do it on purpose but you never know with people I guess.
  • Options
    We watched A Star is Born today. Loved it! I threw up twice (I brought bags with me) during the movie but still calling it a win.. 
  • Options
    I’m I’m curious why the BGs deleted the FB threads from yesterday. If the OP requested them to be deleted, do they grant those requests? 
  • Options
    I was out of town this weekend and never logged on. Lots of missed drama apparently. Confession: I'm kind of sad I missed it. Lol 
    On another note, I hardly slept this weekend and I have almost fallen asleep at my desk twice already today... 
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 - I didn't think they ever deleted threads?
  • Options
    Maybe they deleted it because of all the personal information that could be learned....  Idk, the whole thing was weird!
  • Options
    They will delete if it’s spam or abuse. Someone must have reported it as spam. Trying to sell stuff, trying to recruit people to other forums, stuff like that constitutes as spam. 

But the BGs seem to read the context, because the board wide organized thread when it comes time to move to FB never seems to get deleted.