February 2019 Moms
Options

I like to move it, move it {Baby Movement Thread}

Re: I like to move it, move it {Baby Movement Thread}

• Options
    @hnbergeron I completely agree, it is cute and reassuring, but it's also really hard to fall asleep or back to sleep when there is a nocturnal gymnast in you.
  • Options
    I guess you just "know" when its a cervix kick?  Safe to say I haven't had any yet then? Lol... Baby likes to play around my bladder though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hnbergeron I'm with you hun!  Movement is very reassuring and cute but sometimes can be borderline a little like "enough already!" lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I had some cervix kicks (I guess that’s what we call them?) a couple weeks ago. Literally felt like baby trying to kick its way out of me by stomping down. 
  • Options
    Im getting kicked in the ass right now, literally.
  • Options
    I feel like a dum dum whenever I read you all posting exact locations of where baby is kicking (cervix, bladder, etc). I feel totally clueless. I just feel kicks typically in the same place and I have no clue where that is. And sometimes a roll or two ;-)
  • Options
    I'm the same @ohsunnydays. I feel kicks/punches in the same places, kind of low on my belly, and sometimes by my belly button. Before my AS I was convinced he was laying sideways because I'd feel kicks or punches on either side, so I figured left side was hands and right was legs or vice versa. Nope, turns out I had no idea what I was feeling. He's head down, punching left and right with his hands and kicking near my belly button with his legs. 

I've felt no kicks going back into my back/butt/organs though, maybe he's just positioned so that he doesn't kick that way ever. Kind of don't need to feel vag or bladder kicks, so I'm ok with that! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays don't feel that way! The only reason I can tell where he is hitting is because he likes to hit below the belt so to speak alot. You know when they do it. But for all the movement I feel, my hubby has yet to feel him. 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays I still mostly get flips and dancing (I call it dancing anyway) some kicks are just super pronounced so those are identifiable but other times they’re just random so I think it’s jusy the old everyone is different deal. 
  • Options
    I have not felt much movement on my trip, probably because we were on the go so much, but last night after we got back to the Airbnb from a comedy show where I sat right behind the drums, and then dessert, I laid down and both my SO and I felt so much movement for so long. The most I have felt so far. It was pretty great.
  • Options
    I judged a youth cheer competition Saturday and it was SO LOUD in the arena.  Every time a new team would begin and their music would start, baby would freakkkkkkk out - so many kicks/ punches. Ha! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I went to see a band some of my friends are in Saturday, and baby was moving way more to them than any of the other bands. They were all really loud, but it seems like he had a preference! That, or he hated it. :D
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    This this kid moves so much more than DS! A wild child. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    This little lady throws parties every night ALL NIGHT LONG. Last night when DH got home from work he snuggled up behind me with his hand on my belly and she was rolling around like normal. I was half asleep, but it was so sweet to hear him giggle every time he felt her move. His reaction never gets old (and makes me feel grateful instead of annoyed that she has me up all night with her parties)
  • Options
    Baby is quiet now!!! Is it bad to poke my belly to wake him up? Mama wants to play slash I’m a worry wart! 

Ps I’m a musician and music teacher and baby has yet to react to music  :(
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays Maybe baby has different tastes than you! So far mine has only reacted to extremely loud, live noise rock :#
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso good point! I may or may not spend time putting headphones on my belly tonight! With a variety of genres. Let's see what this baby likes! :-) 
  • Options
    Baby girl goes crazy when her brothers talk to her but refuses to budge when DH tries. He's convinced she doesn't like him already.
  • Options
    What does baby rolling "feel" like?  I see people saying they felt baby roll... I have movement and kicks but nothing i'd say is a "roll"?
  • Options
    @cass06_07
    To me it feels kind of like my insides are getting rearranged. It's definitely way different than a punch or kick. Sometimes I can even feel what I think is either her back or butt as she rolls. And I feel it across more of my bump than just the spot where she gives me an elbow or foot!
  • Options
    I don't feel rolling either @cass06_07. Whenever I feel kicks or punches they're always roughly in the same spots, so I don't think he moves around much besides flailing his limbs. I have felt some sort of... squirming I guess? Or wiggling? Not nearly as much of that than kicks and punches though, and I definitely haven't felt him roll. He's head down so I'm fine with him staying that way! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    To me it feels like just the entire mass flipping around. Then my belly will even feel different. Today I could feel exactly where it was, long ways in the front of my belly. It was weird and exciting at the same time. 
  • Options
    Thanks folks!  I dont think ive had any of that yet that i can feel anyway. Anterior placenta, boo.  I think my baby likes to be sideways or diagnol.. not vertical .. we shall see!
  • Options
    @cass06_07 the one time I *know* I felt it, I happened to have my hand in the right place and felt what I assume was babies back/butt glide in a sort of arched way, if that makes sense. Can't say that I've felt it purely from the inside. 
  • Options
    Been feeling her move since week 19, and I'm 23 weeks today! DH got to feel her kick (SUPER HARD) at week 21. Such an exciting thing for him to be able to feel her! She loves to kick when I first get in bed, Kung Fu style. I took a video last week of her making my belly move. So cool!!
  • Options
    Basically, @megpants209 and @becks_726 summed up what rolling felt like to me really well. He was very active and kicky so I had my hand on him just to feel kicks. Next thing I know it felt like something just glided on the inside against my belly. My stomach even changed shape a bit. I imagine like those photos that show a whale coming to the top but has yet to break thebsurface tension. Not sure why that is what I think about. 
  • Options
    H got to see a big kick and see her shift to one side of my belly tonight. She still won’t kick if his hand is on me though. 
  • Options
    Perfect description @hnbergeron
  • Options
    I’m kind of loving that baby moves around a lot when I’m up in the middle of the night. Makes me feel like it’s not for nothing and I’m not alone. Hopefully I continue to appreciate the feeling once baby is actually here haha 
  • Options
    @katamca haha awww. My kid has zero interest too. I even had her hand on my tummy when baby was kicking and she didn’t react at all. Of course she was watching Daniel Tiger so she was zoned out. 
  • Options
    @katamca whenever DS sits on my lap baby girl kicks him in the back nonstop. I’m convinced he thinks it’s like a little toddler back massage
  • Options
    I confirmed last night that my little guy *hates* being monitored. Went in for being super ill and contractions and they strapped the monitor on my belly. He let them listen for a bit but then said nope, no more. He starting hitting the monitor very forcefully the nurse laughed and then just ninja rolled away. 
  • Options
    Baby's movements have become much stronger in the last few days. More complex, less single jabs, and much more intense. It's feeling less cute lol