February 2019 Moms
Options

I like to move it, move it {Baby Movement Thread}

Re: I like to move it, move it {Baby Movement Thread}

• Options
    The last couple of days I feel like there is a little hand with nails or something scraping to the left of my belly button. Wtf!! And, I only really feel movement on the left side. Wondering if I will feel movement on the right side?
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays I basically only feel movement on my right side! And it has definitely amped up this week. My thinking is that is probably has to do with my anterior placenta - or maybe baby is sideways?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hnbergeron - Hope you’re feeling okay! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays I basically only feel movement on my right side! And it has definitely amped up this week. My thinking is that is probably has to do with my anterior placenta - or maybe baby is sideways?
    It is all so interesting! I have a posterior placenta. 
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 I am feeling better today for sure. I ate breakfast and so far it is staying in. Slept alot. Got scared yesterday because baby calmed down(as most are aware, he doesn't calm down) but then at bedtime he became the ninja he is again. 

My dog slept right on my belly last night and kept wriggling arround because Remy kept punching or kicking at him.  But pupper put his nose on my belly and Remy relaxed as if they were bonding. I almost cried how sweet it was. 
  • Options
    I'm a FTM. 26 weeks tomorrow. I feel kicks but still feel flutters (with no clue what he's doing when I feel the flutters)... Will the flutters last till baby is born... Or will the flutters end at some point and baby will only be kicking and punching?
  • Options
    OK... I think someone on this thread said something about butthole kicks and butthole hiccups. Definitely just felt butthole kicks. WOAH  :D  Hilarious!!!
  • Options
    @patriece01 likely the flutter feeling will go away as baby will keep getting bigger, and feel more like nudges or pushing, or a baby elbow or knee to you organs!
  • Options
    I felt the fetal hiccups today, they are so strange that I wanted to laugh!
  • Options
    changadeechangadee member
    edited October 2018
    Found out today that baby is sunny side up right now which explains the belly button kicks and the back pain! I need this baby to turn lol. I love the big kicks though.
  • Options
    While laying in bed last night, baby was moving around a TON! Was all fun and games until I got the biggest kick of my life! It HURT! Wtf, baby!  :p I give you life and this is what I get?!?
  • Options
    @changadee- I'm looking forward to those. I loved them with my first!
  • Options
    Baby just kicked so hard he pulled me forward. How am I only 24 weeks?! I swear he's gonna come out of me Alien style. And soon, if this continues!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I swear to god, this boy is trying to escape out of my cervix. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Last night DH was talking to the baby with his head resting on belly and he felt a couple of kicks on his cheek! 
  • Options
    Anybody ever feel movements that you might describe as “grindy” - almost painful? I don’t know what DD2 was doing last night, but it was NOT comfy. 
  • Options
    @wrensnest-OMG YES.  I have those sometimes and I want to shake him out of wherever he is!
  • Options
    It's really hard to be presenting on an "expert" panel while your child is simultaneously punching you in the cervix. Ouch!!
  • Options
    @wrensnest same here with the grinding. She especially likes to do it against my hip bone! 
  • Options
    @allthingsgo yes! that's exactly what's been happening. not a pleasant feeling.
  • Options
    I feel like he is kicking my ass from the inside. Wtf
  • Options
    So we’re in “kick count” territory over here but I can’t remember how many hours out of the day I’m supposed to check. With DS they said to just check for 5 kicks in 1 hour each day - checking the same hour every day (so I checked like 9-10am every day). Yesterday at my appt my doctor said 5 kicks per hour most hours of the day. Uhhh there’s no way his kid moves that much because she only moves when I sit still. Which does not happen “most hours of the day”
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits My MW said 6 in an hour once a day, pick a time baby is most active on a regular basis, for me that's usually when I'm winding down in the evening or just waking up. No way am I doing a kick count every hour I'll scare the crap out of myself :/ they're getting into sleep/wake cycles now, there's no way you could do it every hour?
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits I'm 100% with you on not feeling much throughout the day while I'm working (I'm on my feet all day too) so I asked my doctor at the last appointment. She said as long as you can feel 8 movements, subtle shifts included, within 2 hours, baby should be fine. I'm at 26w4d today. 
    I still forget to pay attention because I'm usually preoccupied, but it did make me feel better. 8 within 2 hours sounds more reasonable to notice while working.
  • Options
    I have been counting kicks after I eat since I know he is always active during that time. Especially if I drink lots of water with my meals. 
  • Options
    I don’t do a set time just whenever she is moving I do a quick count. I was told 10 movements in 2 hrs. 
  • Options
    I havent been told anything re: kicks yet, I am 28 weeks on Saturday and my MW appt is on Wed.  At how many weeks did you all start counting?
  • Options
    @cass06_07
    My OB said we'd talk about them at my appointment this week. I'll be 28 weeks on Saturday. 
  • Options
    @cass06_07 we talked about it at my 26 week appt
  • Options
    okay thanks @bellebaby221 and @BourbonBiscuits , Ill assume it will be on the agenda for wed then
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I was told at 21 weeks to start counting movements, and 10 in an hour.  I love how there is no standardization between obs.
  • Options
    Gosh! My OB hasn't mentioned it yet. I thought it was a thing as of 28 weeks. 
    I informally count first thing in the morning. I roll over, wait a few minutes and get a dozen kicks like clockwork. Really it's just an excuse to stay in bed a few more minutes than I should. 
  • Options
    So baby must be head down for today.  Been getting kicks and movement all day just under my bust.  Hard enough that baby kicks my underwire and makes my whole boob move... Lol, I've witnessed it 3 times so far today <3
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I have totally stopped wearing underwire! Partly because of that

Keep getting punched or kicked by my belly button area. Ummm ow. DH finally got to feel him last night though! I'm surprised we all aren't sporting bruises right now
  • Options
    Is it possible for this baby to have had hiccups twice today??! Once in the morning for about 20-25 minutes, and right now (3 hrs later) we've been going with hiccup-like movements for 10 minutes. Wha wha???
  • Options
    Following for an answer to @ohsunnydays' question and also... Anyone not feel hiccups? Or not know if you've felt them for sure? I honestly don't know if I have, each time I think hmm is that hiccups? It stops :(
  • Options
    Well I definitely get the hiccups like that so I wouldn’t be surprised if the babies do too.