T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays-I don’t remember when it started when I was pregnant with DS, but he had intrauterine hiccups what felt like CONSTANTLY, once it did. Feels so funny!
  • Options
    kayjay44 said:
    Honestly, I’ve never actually done kick counts  :#
    I go here. 
    Me too. I think it would be easier for me to count when she isn't moving! 
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjn said:
    @ohsunnydays-I don’t remember when it started when I was pregnant with DS, but he had intrauterine hiccups what felt like CONSTANTLY, once it did. Feels so funny!
    Yes!! It is just such a funny feeling lol! 
  • Options
    kayjay44 said:
    Honestly, I’ve never actually done kick counts  :#
    Me neither ... i feel babies all the time so i don’t bother. 
  • Options
    I still haven’t felt definite hiccups! I think I did once, but that was weeks ago.

Re: kick counts, I’m still in week 25 so I’m not supposed to start yet, but I doubt it’ll be necessary. This guy is so active, if his movements decrease it’ll be really noticeable. Yesterday I decided to count kicks during a quiet time, and I still counted 5 kicks in less than 10 minutes. When he’s really active (which is most of the day) it’s constant.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    cali1710cali1710 member
    edited November 2018
    I’m also not sure how to do kick counts. Babies have always been on top of each other like bunk beds but I know they have moved almost side by side but not quite. So when one kicks I have no clue which baby is kicking. 

Also I don’t think ive ever felt hiccups even with DD.. is it normal not to?
  • Options
    cali1710 said: 
    I’m also not sure how to do kick counts. Babies have always been on top of each other like bunk beds but I know they have moved almost side by side but not quite. So when one kicks I have no clue which baby is kicking. 

Also I don’t think ive ever felt hiccups even with DD.. is it normal not to?
    I had the same thing with the boys. They couldn't even do a NST on them because they couldn't be sure if they were monitoring both babies or just one!
  • Options
    I don’t do kick counts either - both my boys were/are active in the womb.  I would notice if I hadn’t felt anything in a long period of time because he never stops wiggling! 

Hi hiccups are so weird to feel - it just feels like a bouncing or pulsating tap tap tap 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think I felt hiccups this morning but right when I noticed they were at about the same time every few seconds they stopped so still not 100% sure. 

He had had hiccups at my AS 1 and AS 2 so i thought for sure I’d know by now.
  • Options
    Hiccups, if that's what they are, feel very 'internal' to me. I compared it to feeling very loud noises or music when I described it to DH. It's a super bizarre feeling. 

I plan on doing kick counts once my OB instructs me to but I bet it'll be a very quick affair most days.
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited November 2018
    I agree @danixbanani24 that hiccups feel like a pulsating tap. In my experience they can last awhile or just for a couple minutes. 

I don’t remember noticing them consistently with DD until sometime in the third tri. I have only noticed them once this go round and it didn’t last long. 
  • Options
    I believe this baby is currently using my right hip bone for leverage to launch herself to various parts of my abdomen. Hurts like hell.
  • Options
    I'm a maniac about kick counts. I usually just wait until baby starts moving and can count enough movement in 5 minutes to calm me down, but I check every day. Just calms my anxiety a bit!
  • Options
    @bellebaby221- I think mine had a fist or foot in a side rib last night and it was excruciating 
  • Options
    I went to a focus group thing last night in a striped shirt and I could see her Alien-ing all over but nobody said anything. 
  • Options
    Another alien-ing baby over here. I forget it happens and how much it freaks other people out  :D Even DH is weirded out by it every time it happens for the first time each pregnancy and he sees it. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    My boys get such a kick out of seeing her move. I don't think they realized that you could actually see the movement, not just feel it. 
  • Options
    I dont my baby is showing a lot of external movement yet aside from tapping my underwire and making my boob bounce.  Buuuuut, I did for the first time (anterior placenta) feel baby glide along my stomach while my hand was resting on it... soooo weird, happened twice in a short time period.  Baby's been pretty active today.
  • Options
    Baby was super active the last couple of days. Today is a quieter day. Feeling movement, but it is quiet!
  • Options
    Seeing the bath water ripple after baby kicks will never get old.
  • Options
    Seeing the bath water ripple after baby kicks will never get old.
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know it was common to see baby move and it has been such a cool discovery. I can send DH videos! 
  • Options
    How did this kid move even lower?

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    For a few weeks now I’ve been able to see his movements from the outside. I also have been feeling really strong jerking and fast vibrations. It feels like he has a little boom box in there and has it on full bass. I looked it up and I think it is muscle spasms which I actually get all the time in my legs so maybe he inherited my leg spasms! He has been moving too much for me to even count the movements so I haven’t worried about counting so far and really hoping I won’t have to at all.
  • Options
    I feel really jerky jittery movements too which sometimes alarm me like are you okay in there?? I think he’s just really active and at my last sonogram the tech said he was doing somersaults still!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've definitely had some "what the heck is she doing in there?" movements recently. Yesterday at my desk my entire bump went crazy from whatever she was doing. Only lasted about 20-30 seconds but she was geared up about something!
  • Options
    Felt baby's first bout of hiccups tonight! What an odd little feeling haha
  • Options
    I had the strangest movements last night. I was trying to sleep, and switched from laying on my right side to left side, which baby apparently hates. Every time I do it he starts squirming around like crazy, so I usually switch back. Well, last night he wasn’t just squirming, it felt like he was... clawing or scratching with his fingers or toes..? Like he was trying to grasp at something? There’s no other way to describe it, it was so weird! Anyone else felt something similar? What the hell was going on in there!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I have felt a similar feeling laying on my side as well. I think she’s just feeling around with her fingers. It’s dark in there so they like to explore with touch. It does feel a little weird almost ticklely. 
  • Options
    That that makes sense @allthingsgo. Usually I’m not able to differentiate well between body parts, I just know if it’s a foot, hand, butt etc based on general placement. This was just so different, it almost felt like a big spider crawling around. Definitely not the nudging and bumping I’m familiar with! And yeah, tickley is a good way to describe it.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I can’t really tell the difference between kicks and punches either. I also don’t know where head is versus butt usually.  But like you said the ‘tickles’ are so different. It does almost feel like they are crawling around in there. 
  • Options
    @grebretso I got a similar feeling just under my belly button the other day while driving home and man it freaked me out rofl. Glad to know I'm not the only one
  • Options
    @grebretso I’ve felt that feeling a few times. 

I also cant tell the difference between body parts! I’m assuming all thumping I’m feeling is feet, and the “rolls” are a whole body roll. Wish I knew how baby was hangin out in there! 
  • Options
    @grebretso That sounds like an alien... or a worm. :lol:
    I've only been feeling movement on my right side. So today, I asked the OB if perhaps my placenta (which is anterior) is on the left side. She did the doppler, and sure enough, my placenta is hanging out on the left-hand side of my abdomen, which explains why I never feel kicks over there. The body is so strange.
    Still haven't felt any hiccups.