May 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms Week Of 10/1

Re: Randoms Week Of 10/1

• Options
    I was one of those annoying women who did not leave the hospital looking pregnant after my girls, maybe just bloated (but I defined confined wearing maternity pants for weeks). I feel like I won't be that lucky this time around being number three. I felt really guilty, because I try really hard to not be judgey of others, but one of our new neighbors I swore was at least six months pregnant (didn't say anything because *duh*) but she actually had a six week old. I hate that we can be so judged for how we do/don't look while/after pregnancy.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @journey721 eat a Whopper for me 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbeers13 I didn't know feta was on the 'bad' list for pregnancy! You will probably be fine - it's only a concern if you get sick.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @kbeers13 I think any cheese is fine as long as it's pasteurized? I might be wrong though

• Options
    I ate a lot of feta during my last pregnancy @kbeers13. As someone said above the issue is whether it’s pasteurized and most cheeses are now.  I think you are fine.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! My PGAL brain was freaking out 🙊
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @expandcontract it is getting really annoying. If you don't like it, instead of trying to change the entire board, go away. Baby center is effing CRUEL. I was so relieved to find this board, and I love the organization. The responses here are seriously nothing compared to the HATE I saw on baby center.
  • Options
    The realization that I'm  going to get GD again is really kicking in. 

I'm grateful that since having it with my son I learned about proper nutrition and counting macros.  Knowing that is what will hopefully help. 

Still nerve wracking.  I'm afraid of being out on insulin. 

I think if I fail at 10 weeks I'm just going to refuse further GD testing and go ahead and start testing my sugar. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Finally catching up here. I forget who mentioned antibiotics above on like page 5(?) but I learned the hard way this year that you shouldn't take them unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. It was a brutal lesson. I was prescribed amoxicillin to prevent a potential infection. My injury never got infected & probably wasn't going to, but I still took them as prescribed. Wiped out my immune system completely & I developed c diff. Took 3 rounds of other reallyyy strong antibiotics to finally get rid of it. I was so worried about taking them while we were starting to TTC & terrified it'd come back a 4th time. We wanted to start trying a few months earlier, but because of all that we didn't. It's crazy how much I usually take my health & wellness for granted; one of those things that I really start to appreciate most when it's gone. Going forward I'm going to be very hesitant about taking antibiotics or giving them to my kids unless truly necessary.

I swear whenever I read anything on here about food I immediately start craving that type of food lol now I want cheese. Melted cheese on nachos. Mozzarella cheese on pizza. Cheese sticks. Dang. I really need to bring more food with me to eat while I'm at work😆
  • Options
    @Stormiewinter that sounds AMAZING.
  • Options
    Who is wearing maternity clothes already? As a third timer, I have plenty but I went a little crazy getting sweaters (because two previous Florida pregnancies) during a sale last week, and today I bought another long sleeve tee and over belly leggings. I'm not even bloated, but waistbands are the devil against my uterus stretching midsection. But at 6+2 I'm not actually letting myself wear them yet because I feel a little silly and don't really need it....
  • Options
    @imrachellea I wore a maternity sweater today. Did I need to at 6&4? No. Was it awesome? Yes. It wasn’t one with rushing or anything, just looser so it’s not like anyone could tell, just like no one can tell if you have a band above your belly instead of zip and a button!

@vivereidescent oh man, that sounds terrifying. C. diff 😳😳😳

• Options
    @imrachellea definitely in maternity clothes most of the time over here! I’m just about 10 weeks and definitely too bloated for my regular pants, but I have completely embraced maternity shirts too and not even trying to hide it at work anymore lol
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options

@imrachellea I wore a maternity sweater today. Did I need to at 6&4? No. Was it awesome? Yes. It wasn’t one with rushing or anything, just looser so it’s not like anyone could tell, just like no one can tell if you have a band above your belly instead of zip and a button!

@vivereidescent oh man, that sounds terrifying. C. diff 😳😳😳

It won’t let me edit but I meant ruching not rushing. Why does autocorrect not correct actual spelling mistakes but switch the word you DO want to use? Useless.

• Options
    @imrachellea After my good u/s yesterday I had DH get the bin of maternity clothes. Unfortunately, most wont fit since I LOST weight during my first trimester last time and only gained 15 lbs total. I ended up gaining 20 lbs post pregnancy and I haven’t lost it so I will have to buy new pants, I’m sure. Though I tried on some maternity pants last weekend and they fit fine now at 6+6. Sigh. 

Im such a waste today. Took DD to library to get Elmo books while DH (who’s a realtor) was at a showing. I could barely push the stroller home. He got home and immediately started fixing himself lunch and I snapped at him bc I’m soooo tired and I just needs a little help with DD. Took a 2 hour nap while she napped and was ok for about an hour to get her lunch and then I was a waste again. I didn’t turn on Elmo, but tried to keep occupied with crumpling paper yo and throwing it all around while I laid on the couch. DH got home from his open house at 3:30 and I said “see ya”, now I’m getting a mani pedi and trying to keep my eyes open. 

DH accused of blaming my crabbiness of pregnancy, but I’m blaming it on his lack of realization that I’m barely functional. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 Must be something about today, DH commented that I was extra cranky today today. And I can't really blame him, we've been together with the girls pretty much all day except when he went to the gym (girls were napping so I napped too).
  • Options
    My husband,  too! Im so wiped out right now, I don't have the mental energy to even write about the shit he's doing lately.  And then he always says he wants 4-6 kids. My ass!! Sometimes I can't stand him so bad I wonder how I ever love him.  Lol. Im sure you ladies know exactly how I feel.  

• Options
    I really need my kid to shush. My head is pounding, my kid is on echo telling me to say shit that I can't even understand as he's saying it over and over and over and over until I say it. If I say it wrong (because sometimes I literally have no clue what he's saying and just imitate the sound) he repeats it over and over and over until I say it right (or what sounds right to him). I need a nap and a toddler mute button. 
  • Options
    my parents are flying in tonight. I think I’m gonna keep DD up so she gets to see them. It will just be a little past her bedtime, but worth it!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Nothing like visiting family and being in a fight with your husband but pretending not to be 🙄

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Those babysizer tracker thingies are so stinkin cute.  I went to the site, and it said my baby was the size of a tater-tot.  That made me giggle.  

Whoever said that whatever food that is talked about here and then craved...yes...that's been happening to me.  Last week, I legit made caprese salad because someone was talking about what to do with their tomatoes.  Then someone mentioned caprese salad.  And then there were the potatoes.  

Now, I need a whopper smothered in cheese.

• Options
    DH is currently cleaning all the bathrooms (we have five 😮😧) after vacuuming the entire house and mopping the entire first floor. I completely forgot that he cleaned bathrooms the entire time I was pregnant both times previously, and we only had two bathrooms then. I win today's best DH award lol.

This gave me time to finish my homemade pumpkin cinnamon rolls we're taking to our church home group this morning...I can't wait to eat one 🍴🍴🍴
  • Options
    @imrachellea You have 5 bathrooms? Is your house a castle?  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @imrachellea You have 5 bathrooms? Is your house a castle?  :open_mouth:
    Lol no. It's a unique layout, though, with two master bedrooms (one is the clear "master" because of the size), each with their own bathroom. Then there is an additional full bathroom upstairs for the other bedrooms. One half bath on the main level, and a full bathroom in the basement was added when it was finished by the previous owners. Only three bathrooms are used regularly.
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge my mil always catches on and asks my husband what he did and makes him apologize 😂 
  • Options
    Why are there so many "knottie" users? Is this some kind of default? I never started with that and I figured it was just a lot of people thinking the same way.
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 yeah, that's a default. I changed it after the first time I posted and realized I had a weird name lol. I don't recall it telling me that was my Screename prior to posting, though I don't remember super clearly either. 
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 yeah, it’s the default.  I don’t understand why they don’t just make you select a unique screen name when you sign up, it would save everyone a lot of confusion.
  • Options
    I got a burst of energy out of nowhere so now I'm cleaning all the things! And I got my husband to finally mow our grass after a month. I am so worried about Zika virus and have been warned to spray myself in bug spray anytime I go outside by my OB since the mosquitos are so bad here.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    What's everyone doing this weekend? 

I'm canning and dehydrating plums, apples and pears with my mom. 
  • Options
    Yesterday my husband went to his school to study all day, so my best friend and I hung out at a little play area while my son played and we ate. Then we met up with her ex and their kids and we all went bowling for a while. 

Today my husband stayed home and I've just been laying in bed reading all day. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge my mil always catches on and asks my husband what he did and makes him apologize 😂 
    That’s awesome 😂😂

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge she knows her kid 😂
  • Options
    My brilliant self bought lavender hand soap instead of body wash! Is there any reason I can't use it in the shower until I get back to the store? 
  • Options

My brilliant self bought lavender hand soap instead of body wash! Is there any reason I can't use it in the shower until I get back to the store? 

Do it, you’ll smell amazing.