May 2019 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

Let's hear your plans for announcing this pregnancy!

When/how are you planning to tell people? AW any announcement pictures here!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• We're thinking of telling my family around Thanksgiving, if I can wait that long. DH wanted to surprise his family at Christmas and announce then, but I'll already be 20-ish weeks, which seems far along to tell immediate family. For the announcements, we had an idea to make everyone a 2019 calendar with personalized photos. The month of May would be a pic of our ultrasound/DD wearing a big sis shirt of some kind. Minted has some really nice calendar options where you can upload your own photos and add items for each date.

FB/social media wise, we waited until after our anatomy scan last time and will probably do the same. Part of me just wants to announce after baby is here.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are taking fall family pictures in October so will do something with ds and the dogs then to announce it. TW for our loss we did a big brother shirt for ds to wear to tell our families, so I think we will do something different this time. End TW I’m not sure if we will post the picture or wait and send it on Christmas cards or what, I need to start thinking!
  • @wishiwaspreggo Bibbidi Bobbidi Bump! That is so adorable. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are hoping to be able to wait until Thanksgiving, but since this is baby #3, that might be hard to hide for that long!  Another wrench in the works is that DH's family will be out of town this year.
    SO!  I'm thinking we will go out for dinner the week before Thanksgiving and we will ask the server to take a group photo (but actually be a video) and do the whole, "Say cheese! We're pregnant!" thing.  Of course, if we tell DH's family then, we will have to tell my parents right around then too... Still don't know how to do that one!

If I'm showing too much before then, maybe a Halloween announcement?  A pumpkin for each of us and one in my pumpkin... blue and pink bows painted on with a blue and pink question mark on little bean's
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I love hearing all your ideas. 

My husband gets so impatient to tell that we have never waited very long to tell, but this time I'm feeling a lot more nervous to tell.  I think people expect that we are "done."   I'm worried they won't be excited for us, but I'm probably over thinking.

I was hoping to tell my family when we are together for Thanksgiving.  We will celebrate Christmas then, so I was thinking of giving my parents a new photo collage frame full of pictures of all their grandkids and include an ultrasound photo.  Not sure when/how we will tell the in-laws.  Once my kids know, they will be news spreaders I'm sure.
  • @wishiwaspreggo Definitely makes sense to have a Fairy Godmother quote with a Bippity Boppidy Bump shirt!  So cute, I love it.  When we did IVF for our first, it felt like a lot of people knew about the embryo transfer and it was hard to keep questions at bay, so we ended up telling earlier than I would have liked.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • We didn’t announce DD on social media until after she was born, and it’ll be the same with this one. We're super private and DH feels strongly about not having photos of the kid(s) online. 

As for family, my mom already knows because she comes over twice a week to watch DD. I'm glad I told her early because I wouldn't be able to hide this nausea from her. I told bestie over lunch. No one else knows yet. We're going to BIL's wedding the weekend after this and we'll see all of DH's family. I'm debating whether I want to tell them at the wedding since we otherwise won't be able to tell them in person, but I also don't want to be accused of trying to steal any thunder. Plus I'll only be 8 weeks, and that seems a bit early to tell them. We didn't tell them until after the NT scan last time, but it was easy because we didn't see them before it. What do you guys think? Tell them? Not tell them?? I'm considering just telling SIL since we're staying with her one night and asking her to not tell anyone, but DH is afraid she'll tell their mom, and he doesn't want that since it's not her news to share. 
    Ticker

• I told one of my very close friends I talk about everything with. Like, everything. We haven’t told anyone else yet. If I get an ultrasound on Monday it’d be nice to take a picture of DS holding it and send to our parents but idk! For social media I want to wait until after the anatomy scan. I’m thinking maybe New Years Day with something like “New Year, New (Our Last Name). Baby brother/sister arriving in May”. I’ve flip flopped on this a lot. I also love the idea of a photo shoot outdoors with DS hugging my stomach and H hugging us both with something like “Can’t wait to meet little brother/sister”. I might combine the two or just do some kind of confetti thing with DS if we wait until New Years. 

• So I think to announce to our boys we're going to wrap up a new baby book for each of them with the ultrasound picture in it. I found a good one for my 6 year old. It was a little hard since most books are geared towards toddlers. For social media we will prob post a pic of then reading their books. As far as parents and other family we usually just tell them!

• We already told our immediate family and close friends.... we cant contain these things lol. For the rest of the world we are going to do a Christmas Card announcement :smile: Not sure exactly how we are going to do it.... but something with DD included  <3
  • @iwishiwaspreggo a Disney announcement, how wonderful! I've been ready for a second child since last year, and we had a trip planned to Disney last December and I really wanted to be able to make an announcement there. I really love the Big Brother ears! And the bump shirt! So cute.

@poshspice I would probably tell them. I know it seems early, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that I'd rather have all the support IF something happens. I could understand the stealing thunder thing though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @poshspice could you tell them the next morning at breakfast or something? That way the day of the wedding is about BIL but you still get to tell them in person? My cousin did that with her sister's wedding - waited to tell her parents until after but still got to do it in person (*TW* she'd had a previous MC and was only 5 weeks so not telling broadly anyways)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @GeorgiaGirl1230 that's another thing I was thinking. If we have a loss after 8 weeks, that is not something I'm going to want to pretend never happened with them. 

@kvh22 I think there might be some kind of family breakfast the next morning, but I know we also have flight in the morning so I'm not sure how many people we'll actually see before we fly out. But I've been considering Sunday morning as the time to tell them if we're going to do it! 
    Ticker

• Last time it was a random call to the parental units because they lived far away followed by an elaborate Christmas card that shared the news to everyone else. This time I think it’ll be the opposite, something more elaborate for our parents and not that crazy otherwise. DD has been waiting for a sibling for so long that I figured I’d get her a “promoted to big sister” T-shirt and somehow incorporate her into the telling of the news. Waiting for my u/s to press order on a shirt I found online.

Told my sister already since *TW she’s been the one to hear about all the CPs that have happened this year so it was more of a “here we go again...” call followed by a more excited call a couple weeks later that this one has outlasted the rest. End TW*
  • We are telling my husband's parents, who we are very close to, on Friday as it will be the last time we see them before Thanksgiving. We will tell the rest of the family on Thanksgiving.

Going to call my grandmother tonight. She has been hospitalized for a broken pelvis so I know that news of her being a great-grandfather will cheer her up.

SITB
    I'm so sorry your grandma broke her pelvis. OUCH! But wow to her becoming a great-grandfather! That's a huge transformation!

• I’m totally stealing ideas from this. Maybe we’ll do a cute NY card instead. We don’t celebrate Christmas so we just send out happy new year cards. I could also post that on social media if I wanted

• We are telling my husband's parents, who we are very close to, on Friday as it will be the last time we see them before Thanksgiving. We will tell the rest of the family on Thanksgiving.

Going to call my grandmother tonight. She has been hospitalized for a broken pelvis so I know that news of her being a great-grandfather will cheer her up.

SITB
    I'm so sorry your grandma broke her pelvis. OUCH! But wow to her becoming a great-grandfather! That's a huge transformation!
    LOL. Well played. I can blame that on pregnancy brain right?

Just told great-grandma, and she was floored.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I haven’t decided how and when I want to announce. We’ve already told my parents and my ILs. Just casually, but in person. For my girls, I did cute announcements on social media (the dogs getting demoted with DD1 and a whole blog post with a sweater I knit for DD2) but this time around I’m jut not feeling an announcement. Like, at all. I kind of just want to tell people when I see them and eventually it will be obvious, right? But, on the other hand, I worry that DC3 will feel less loved and anticipated if they don’t have a special announcement like the girls this do. 

Also, I find telling people that I’m pregnant kind of awkward and attention-seeking so telling people all at once via FB sounds a lot easier than one at a time in person...

i am clearly conflicted. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Well i *was* going to do this because I thought I’d be 12 weeks at Halloween. I was going to have it say “I smell another child” and have my son hold it while wearing his Halloween costume. Buuuut since my due date just got moved, I won’t be 12 weeks until mid November so maybe we’ll announce with something thanksgiving or fall themed, but I’m not sure what to do yet. 

• I bought a dress and a shirt off Etsy for my kids. This weekend is my mother’s 60th bday and my in laws are coming into town, so we are planning on announcing during a family dinner. 

TW

On a side note, I’m super worried about telling 2 of my sisters. My big sister had been trying since she got married (almost 12 years ago) and has never been pregnant. My younger sister miscarried her first a few days after Christmas last year and was diagnosed with PCOS. She’s been trying since then and still hasn’t gotten pregnant. I just wish that it could be easy for them and I just worry about upsetting them. I’m actually more worried about telling my younger sister than my big sister because I think she will take it harder. Anyways, I plan on giving them some notice via text message, so they have time to process the news. 😢
    Adorable! Also...i won’t say your name on here (obviously) but 👋🏻 from your August 2014 bumpie friend who was also your due date buddy, until recently! 
  •  I’m actually more worried about telling my younger sister than my big sister because I think she will take it harder. Anyways, I plan on giving them some notice via text message, so they have time to process the news. 😢
    That is so considerate!  That way they don't have to put on a brave face or fake excitement at first.  They can read the news and have a geniune reaction, whatever that may be, without hurting your feelings.  
    Exactly, I want them to have a chance to react how they need to react. with my two other pregnancies, I have always given my big sister a head’s up. It’s just so sad that they are both going through so much. :(

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• keighty80 said:
    I bought a dress and a shirt off Etsy for my kids. This weekend is my mother’s 60th bday and my in laws are coming into town, so we are planning on announcing during a family dinner. 

TW

On a side note, I’m super worried about telling 2 of my sisters. My big sister had been trying since she got married (almost 12 years ago) and has never been pregnant. My younger sister miscarried her first a few days after Christmas last year and was diagnosed with PCOS. She’s been trying since then and still hasn’t gotten pregnant. I just wish that it could be easy for them and I just worry about upsetting them. I’m actually more worried about telling my younger sister than my big sister because I think she will take it harder. Anyways, I plan on giving them some notice via text message, so they have time to process the news. 😢
    Adorable! Also...i won’t say your name on here (obviously) but 👋🏻 from your August 2014 bumpie friend who was also your due date buddy, until recently! 
    Heyyyy! I didn’t realise your due date got moved! What is it now??

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• keighty80 said:
    I bought a dress and a shirt off Etsy for my kids. This weekend is my mother’s 60th bday and my in laws are coming into town, so we are planning on announcing during a family dinner. 

TW

Heyyyy! I didn’t realise your due date got moved! What is it now??
    So I guess I ovulated way late because I was only showing 5w3d instead of 7 weeks. So he gave me a tentative due date of 05/24 and I am going back in 3 weeks to make sure everything is looking alright. 
  • @keighty80 ah gotcha. If I hadn’t been charting, I’d be thinking my due date was 5/4. Cycles are strange. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 

• I love all of these ideas!!! We told our parents and siblings, but will tell everyone else around the holidays.  We again won’t post on social media until after the little one is born. 

**TW  my biggest concern was telling my two best friends, one miscarried two months ago and the other misscarried two weeks ago (we would have only been a few weeks apart). I will hold off telling them for awhile but great idea to just send a text @jarethinafrock so they can process their own way. End TW **
  • We have already told our closest friends and family, but our social media / formal announcement will be something with my daughter wearing her sister shirt.  No idea what yet!  Probably simple and let the shirt speak for itself. 

We are going to Hawaii in two weeks, and I want to do some kind of mini photo shoot or video montage as a teaser with IZ's White Sandy Beach playing because I am cheese AF right now and I used the listen to that song when I was sad while struggling with IF.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fQm9OsMcw
    Pregnancy Ticker