May 2019 Moms

Randoms 9/17

Re: Randoms 9/17

• @psychobutthead that seems so childish. And so sad for their girls. That kind of thing does carry into adulthood - kids are so intuitive.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @psychobutthead that’s insane. I knew this was still a thing in verrry patriarchal societies but I didn’t realize so many people were actually like this! Anyone I’ve know who was disappointed has gotten over it well before their baby was born and baby is now loved just as s/he should be. To actively ignore your child over that is CRAZY. The disappointment like the one people I’ve known seems natural and totally okay to me. Child neglect does not, my mind is blown. Do people not know the odds are 50/50? Is that a surprise to anyone? Holy moly!

• Loading the player...
  • @k2k2tog @DuchessOfCambridge
    Yeah i have never met two people more obsessed with having a certain gender. 

Its really sad and im hoping they dont push their daughters away more than they already are. 

It makes me so sad to just think about.  They quit letting us see them around this time.  We haven't seen them since they where 2 and we live in the same town. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• k2k2tog said:
    @nopegoat my BIL and SIL have 5 boys and they have always been my parenting role models. Their kids are all older now (the youngest is in grade 2) but even when they had babies and toddlers, they made parenting even their wildest look natural - not necessarily easy, but they are always so steady and calm. Seriously, my heros. 

As for the gender disappointment conversation... I do have difficulty with people who are disappointed with one sex or the other because they genuinely think one is superior to the other. Mainly, I see this among friends still deeply entrenched in patriarchy who believe they need a son to pass their name and all their patriarchal power on to. Otherwise, I recognize that you can't always control your emotions.

Also, DH and I secretly both want a third girl because I love the idea of having a house full of girls. On the other hand, maybe it would be nice to have a boy so I can experience getting peed in the face while changing a diaper?
    I have a problem with people who are so deeply disappointed too by not getting the particular gender they hoped for. 

My BIL anand his wife are that way.  With their first they went on and on how they wanted a boy.  They went on and on about a boynand what name they wanted.  They never had a girl name picked out.  Then they found out it was twins.  So they told everyone they wanted boy girl or boy boy twins. Guess what twins where both girls.

Fast forwars to be being pregnant with my son and just learning the sex. They where pissed and had nothing to do with him.  They started telling everyone they where going to start trying for a boy,  not a baby that December. 

Well they got pregnant this past summer. And its a boy. They pay no attention to their twins now.  The kids look like hobos since they dont buy them clothes in the size they are in and are throwing all their money into prepping everything for a boy.  New everything that is boy oriented.  Mean while their five year olds are wearing size 3t dresses as shirts
    Just wanna say that just because the size on the tag doesn't match the age of the child doesn't exactly constitute neglect -- sometimes I buy dresses with the plan that they can continue beyond their length and stay in DD's wardrobe as a shirt -- and she is sometimes in very real denial about what clothing items still fit her because she just loves xyz dress so much.
    kids with flags
  • @nopegoat @msb615 +1 to liking animals more than most people!! and to being more than ok with being a boy mom!! 
    I'm a huge animal lover & spend a good part of what little free time I have with shelter dogs🐾
    @psychobutthead omg that's so sad about how they treat your nieces and your family! Crazy too.

I rarely curse (except in the car) but I did yell at a guy for being a f-ing jerk yesterday with DS in the car. The dude cut me off, and out came the word before I could stop it. oops🤷‍♀️

• @nopegoat yes, we have names picked for both genders!

Esias Obert or Haakon Allen for a boy.
    Beatrice Annemarie for a girl.

Im a teacher so my list is short to avoid naming my kid after a student. I know it will probably happen someday, but I’m doing my best to avoid it!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @brie_and_almonds There is obviously a problem when the  only time those kids get clothes is when other people buy them for them. Everyone in my husbands family is concerned about it but everyone is too afraid to confront them on it because they will take the girls away from them too. The only time they get clothes if when family buys them clothes for their birthdays and christmas. Its to a point where my husbands family buy them about 6 outfits each as a gift because if they don't they won't have clothes.

I know kids can be stubborn about what clothes fit them and giving them up but this isn't that. 

• @vivereidescent That’s so awesome that you spend time with shelter dogs! It breaks my heart seeing animals without a home. When I was little, we lived in the country, and I literally made every stray a pet. My parents are big animal lovers too, and didn’t have the heart to turn them away either. We probably had 18 dogs at one point. Daddy fenced in an acre worth of land for them. 😂
  • Never fails. H left for 1.5-2wks yesterday and my 3yr old wakes up sick with a fever.. 😔
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Oh no! It’s hard enough taking care of kids solo, even harder when they’re not feeling well.  Hope this is just a 24 hour bug, and he feels better soon!
  • @mrskoz428 How do you pronounce those boy names? Definitely have never heard Haakon before. Is it like hack-in?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • msb615 said:
    @nopegoat Oh no! It’s hard enough taking care of kids solo, even harder when they’re not feeling well.  Hope this is just a 24 hour bug, and he feels better soon!
    Thank you. We dropped big brothers off at school and he came home and fell asleep on the couch. His fever is down for now but he's definitely not his normal spunky self. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • When will I learn not to respond to one-off posts, especially when that is the first time the poster has ever participated on TB.

@nopegoat 4 kids on your own AND a farm. Do you have any help with the farm stuff? Or do the older boys help? Hope your little guy feels better.

• @DuchessOfCambridge You're too nice! I feel like people just want reassurance without having to offer any support to others. 

HR just sent out an email today saying they're enhancing their leave policy...effective July 2019. So bummed!! I don't know any details yet, but I'm assuming they won't let me jump on the updated benefits bandwagon even though I'll technically be on leave in July. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sleepy33 Hope you get the good lunch lady. If not, tell Joe to quit being stingy with those portions! By the way, portion sizes I’ve been eating at dinner rival my husband’s. 😬

@DuchessOfCambridge what happened? I think I missed it...
  • @msb615 someone started a one off post wanting reassurance of their pregnancy and I responded. It's nbd, but I feel silly responding at all since clearly that person doesn't actually want to be a part of this. She never intro'd or anything, ha. Oh well, maybe she read it and it helped!

• nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2018
    When will I learn not to respond to one-off posts, especially when that is the first time the poster has ever participated on TB.

@nopegoat 4 kids on your own AND a farm. Do you have any help with the farm stuff? Or do the older boys help? Hope your little guy feels better.
    H's job is weird. He'll go weeks without any travel  (so local/office only) or with only being gone a day or so here and there to jumping from place to place and being gone most of the month. I have a pretty decent schedule going where the farm stuff is usually easily and quickly done though we are about to breed our goats and milking them again will be rather time consuming. Big chores like cleaning pens, worming and scheduled meds , hoof trimming, etc wait until my H is home and can help.

And yes all my boys have farm chores. My oldest two help me let everyone out in the mornings and helps me feed and put everyone up for the night. My younger two love feeding the chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese and help collect eggs and fill up waterers. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I am seriously jealous of your life. <3
  • @DuchessOfCambridge That was nice of you to help though! Maybe she’ll actually come back to see it. 

@sleepy33 Glad we’re on the same page! That 3rd one was for baby anyway.
  • Can we have a feelings thread? Is that weird? I have a lot of pregnancy feelings :lol: Also, I use the lol face a lot #sorrynotsorry

• @nopegoat Oh my goodness! I’m perfectly ok with an overload baby squirrel pics! 

@DuchessOfCambridge I would participate! My hormones have been ridiculous lately. My husband is probably a bit worried about whether or not this is normal. He’s stopped watching Grey’s Anatomy with me bc I cry every time. Haha I know bmb usually do a “Why my pregnant self is crying”. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • That picture is so cute @nopegoat
  • @sleepy33 glad you’re back from your time out! 
  • @sleepy33 and @zuuls_mom Me too! I was kind of embarrassed by how irritated I was, since, you know, I should be working.
  • OK so did anyone else to that ring prediction thing that went viral on facebook? Where you can predict how many kids, their genders, and in what order you have each gender?

I ask because I did it all those months ago when it was blowing up all over fb. It always came out girl boy girl and then nothing. My MIL did it and hers came out boy boy boy girl which is correct. Well I guess my SIL with twins did it an it came out girl girl boy. 

I did it again last night the first time in months and it came out girl boy girl again. Anyone else do it?

• sleepy33 said:
    zuuls_mom said:
    @sleepy33 I got that earlier too! I was like "Well, shit. I guess I'll just answer some emails?".
    Your response was more reasonable than mine, I created a new profile and emailed support demanding justice

Me ^^
    That gif just made me snort  :D
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @psychobutthead That's insane about your brother and those poor girls. I did the ring thing too before my first, and I forgot if it worked or not. I think it did with me and my SIL? 

@DuchessOfCambridge that made me LOL about that woman thinking you were a catfish and not actually Kate Middleton hahah

• OK so did anyone else to that ring prediction thing that went viral on facebook? Where you can predict how many kids, their genders, and in what order you have each gender?

I ask because I did it all those months ago when it was blowing up all over fb. It always came out girl boy girl and then nothing. My MIL did it and hers came out boy boy boy girl which is correct. Well I guess my SIL with twins did it an it came out girl girl boy. 

I did it again last night the first time in months and it came out girl boy girl again. Anyone else do it?
    I did it years ago before any kids. It came back girl-boy-boy. I now have 2 girls. So....yeah. 

What was crazy was that it was 100% accurate for my mom and her sisters for their children, retroactively. 
  • My 2 year old is currently whining in her high chair, "I dindo want dinner!" As she stuffs salad in her mouth. It's one of those nights...