May 2019 Moms

Randoms 9/17

Re: Randoms 9/17

• Thanks ladies, it WAS delicious. I’m already hungry again, ha! I’ve been in bed since 9:30 just because I can 💁‍♀️ I watched an episode or two of Handmaids Tale but I really need to get back into it. I hated the book (not my writing style) but liked the idea of the story. Also, did you see there’s a sexy handmaiden costume out?! People got really angry so I don’t think it’s being sold anymore. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge what were the toppings on that pizza? It looked good but it also looked like chocolate on my phone. 😄

• Loading the player...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge what were the toppings on that pizza? It looked good but it also looked like chocolate on my phone. 😄
    😂 caramelized onions, mushroom, spinach, and feta on a white beschamel sauce.

• My 9/16 baby is sick. She is currently crying into a peeled banana that is half in her mouth about how she wants a banana. It's a relief though, because for the 36 hours before now the only thing she wanted was Mommy. It's been a long weekend here. 
  • @nopegoat chocolate cake balls. I have white chocolate to coat them with but DD1 refused to even try a sliver, so I’ll do a few in semi-sweet chocolate too. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @beccaneu we only have a couple acres but it's unrestricted so we have been able to do a ton with it. Finding the right layout to utilize space is key. Don't give up! ❤️

@ktk2tog yum!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I work every weekend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 🙄. But Friday before work my DH did take me to the mall and bought me Bath & Body Works, and the What to Expect When Expecting 5th edition!
    Also I had such bad morning sickness and fatigue, I did NOT want to work, but I pushed through and it wasn’t so terrible after all. 
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • @fifth_emperor_of_the_sea if you’re curious, I read a tonnnn of maternity books my first pregnancy and the Mayo Clinic book was my favorite!

I ordered a squatty potty and it’s being delivered today. I’m weirdly so excited 🙃

• I'm laying on the couch trying to finish my coffee because my head is pounding and the only Tylenol we have is from my first pregnancy in 2013 and now expired, my daughters started early this morning wrecking havoc and fighting, DH asks me "and why are we having another??", and I'm trying to decide if my nausea is just from the headache or it's early morning sickness. The house sounded so loud...and all of a sudden it's quiet. I don't know where either of my girls disappeared to, or DH, or the dog...and I don't care. It's SO QUIET and I'm being left alone 🙌
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I spent the day at a coworkers house yesterday making homemade donuts, apple pie, pumpkin cake, and homemade flatbread crackers! It was so much fun to try my hand at cooking some homemade goodies since my momma wasn’t much of a baker! Spending today on the couch watching Hulu and Netflix. My cold is slowly killing me. I can hardly breathe today and there are approximately 0 meds I can take to feel better. Frustrating.

• @mrskoz428 Giiiiirl I'm with you on the cold. I started getting an itchy/sore throat last Saturday which developed into upper head congestion. I ended up losing my voice because I came clear out the airways. Which is super fun, having no voice, and being a teacher of tiny humans...thank goodness it looks like my voice has started returning and I'm getting some reprieve. Hope you get some relief!
  • Omg, cold/flu is the worst while pregnant!!  Sorry you girls have it too @mrskoz428 @imrachellea
    Our whole house caught it this past week.  Hot tea, honey and my netipot are the only things that kept me even slightly human.  Meanwhile DH was mansplaining about his poor cold the last 3 days while popping the strongest cold meds he could get his hands on.  Needless to say my sympathy level was at about a minus 10.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mcewen3 said:
    Omg, cold/flu is the worst while pregnant!!  Sorry you girls have it too @mrskoz428 @imrachellea
    Our whole house caught it this past week.  Hot tea, honey and my netipot are the only things that kept me even slightly human.  Meanwhile DH was mansplaining about his poor cold the last 3 days while popping the strongest cold meds he could get his hands on.  Needless to say my sympathy level was at about a minus 10.
    My FIL mansplains me all the time and I'm like wtf? Yeah I have very little patience for man colds lol.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• We woke up to about 8cm of snow yesterday morning.  Its still there today, and just dreary as heck outside.  I have so many things to do today to get ready for another busy week but absolutely no motivation to begin.  Bad weather always makes me so lethargic, and first tri fatigue is not helping me to push through that desire to sit on my butt and procrastinate 
  • @fifth_emperor_of_the_sea What To Expect has a ton of useful information.  My UO may be that the author's "cutesy wutesy" tone throughout the entire book and the app annoyed the hell out of me.  I get that some people may enjoy that but it was just down right obnoxious for me.  I agree with @DuchessOfCambridge, the Mayo book was more my style.  
    I also enjoyed Pregnancy Day by Day.  (I think that's what it was called. I tried searching for it again,  for you.  Although,  it looks like they may have changed the cover. ) It had some very high quality pictures.  

• @expandcontract my favorite thing about the Mayo Book was it was all encompassing. It covered beginning of pregnancy through birth, and then also helped with breastfeeding, etc. I found it to be the most thorough of all the books I read. Agree with you on the “cutesy” WTE tone, it bugged me too. 

• @imrachellea @mcewen3 @psychobutthead  camomile tea with organic, raw honey and water. I am also a teacher and my tiny humans aren’t making it easier my talking 24/7 which makes me have to talk even louder. My mom has a cold as well and has been popping alka-seltzer cold and flu pills day and night. And don’t even get me started on the mansplaining! My DH knows tonpretty much stay silent at this point unless he wants his head bitten off. Pregnancy hormones have made me a raving b!tch. My poor husband.
  • @mrskoz428 I think I might try to make some elderberry syrup in my Instant Pot, if I can just get my hands on some elderberries... One of my closest friends moved to a new state last fall and said her family was sick all season long because of the new allergens they had to adjust to. So being in the same situation myself, while pregnant so unable to fight back with meds, I'm all about doing as much preventative stuff as I can. Hence going Monday for the TDAP and flu shots for all!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @expandcontract I liked the Mayo books too. I really liked Baby’s First Year - it helped me feel somewhat prepared reading that during pregnancy. Towards the end I realized I had done a ton of pregnancy research but nothing about newborn care. Not that you really need to “research”, but ya know. The basics. How to keep them alive.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry I’ve been kind of MIA! This all day nausea is kicking my butt. I emailed my OB’s office for a diclegis script, but in the meantime I tried unisom +B6 this morning and it knocked me on my ass. And also made my mouth super dry? Has anyone else had the dry mouth side effect? 
    Ticker

• @imrachellea elderberries are amazing for you! I’m hoping at my OB appointment tomorrow, they ask me if I want my flu shot! I’m all for it!
  • @k2k2tog. Normally I’d say that looks delicious, but I’m with you - my sweet tooth is completely gone.  I made chili and cinnamon rolls for lunch.  The chili was delicious, but I’ve regretted the cinnamon roll all day.
  • @fatmonica chili sounds delicious right now. I've been craving ketchup chips for days.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @fatmonica i must have missed your intro but i just saw your screename and i freaking love it!!!

In response to @mrskoz428 how seriously do you ladies take the no raw/unpasteruized rule during pregnancy? One of my favorite restaurants for lunch has delicious iced teas but they use raw honey so I've been avoiding it.  

• @ktk2tog looks wonderful!  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @fatmonica i must have missed your intro but i just saw your screename and i freaking love it!!!

In response to @mrskoz428 how seriously do you ladies take the no raw/unpasteruized rule during pregnancy? One of my favorite restaurants for lunch has delicious iced teas but they use raw honey so I've been avoiding it.  
    Have the iced tea. Your digestive system is equipped to protect you from botulism and should you manage to get it, it wouldn’t be passed to baby through the placenta due to the molecular weight of botulism. 

•  DuchessOfCambridge said:
    @fatmonica i must have missed your intro but i just saw your screename and i freaking love it!!!

Have the iced tea. Your digestive system is equipped to protect you from botulism and should you manage to get it, it wouldn’t be passed to baby through the placenta due to the molecular weight of botulism. 
    Lol what? Are you a chemist or something? Im seriously curious. About to Google that shit. 

•  DuchessOfCambridge said:
    @fatmonica i must have missed your intro but i just saw your screename and i freaking love it!!!

Lol what? Are you a chemist or something? Im seriously curious. About to Google that shit. 
    😂😂 no but I do like science and I like to give reasons when I tell people things. Because I question everything. I also Googled that ish. 

All of this.  I’m pretty lax about pregnancy food rules, instead trying just to be a bit more prudent with potentially questionable things.  Basically, if I would have given it a second thought pre-pregnancy (unknown sushi joint, fancy cheese at the “bad” grocery store, etc) then I steer totally clear.  The stuff I wouldn’t think twice about pre-pregnancy, I don’t give a ton of thought to during pregnancy either.  I would totally eat quality unpasteurized cheeses or honey without a second thought.  

Thanks!  I changed my screen name a few days ago.  When I introed it was hgielrebmik516.
  • You rock! Thank you! 
    Also, i just found it funny how you specifically said "because of the molecular weight." Im just the type who would say "i read an article where it said it didn't cross the placenta." Lol. Kuddos to you though! 

• @expandcontract and then I’d be like BUT WHY DOESNT IT 😂😂 I research EVERYTHING, sometimes my need for answers irritates me. Luckily my researching is just googling other people’s research they’ve already done and typed up all nice and neat for me 👍🏽 I want to be a nurse someday so I’m particularly interested in medical stuff, especially pertaining to pregnancy/babies

• @DuchessOfCambridge that is awesome! I hope you do become a nurse soon.  I have a lot of respect for them! That's tough stuff.  

• I think DS doesn’t feel well ☹️ He usually STTN but tonight he’s waking up every 45 min crying. The first two times he did it we checked his diaper and tried another bottle. The third time we gave him Tylenol. He just woke up again coughing and crying but put himself back to sleep. He wasn’t showing any signs of being ill earlier today but he’s not usually this restless. Every time he wakes up he cries hard, falls asleep for a few seconds, then cries again. He’s so tired 😢

• @nopegoat he’s on the mend! Thankfully!!! Thanks for checking in 
  • Soooo how do i change my photo. I haven’t been on here in a few years lol 
  • @journey721 I'm so glad he's doing better. Poor buddy.

If you are on the app, go to the main menu and click on your profile pic on the top right corner. Press the profile pic again then it should give you the option to change it. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙