February 2019 Moms

What’s your name man? THE NAME THREAD

123457»

Re: What’s your name man? THE NAME THREAD

• @BourbonBiscuits my first name was most popular in 1959. There were two of us in my high school but I had 3 or 4 friend’s moms have my name. 
  • @grebretso deal. That's a great way to solve it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @grebretso @BourbonBiscuits It was actually the complete opposite for me this pregnancy and last. With DD, we had a girl name set but could not settle on a boy name. This time, we had a boy name set (Hudson James) and couldn't settle on a girl name, and this one is a boy. So who knows! 
  • +1 on this baby not having a name ever haha.  My husbands name is really common too...Joseph and Add his extremely common (for NYC anyway) last name it’s like there’s got to be thousands of them hahaha 

he wants an uncommon name and his favorite is Julian.  At first I hated it but maybe it’s growing on me?  Thoughts on Julian for a boy? Our other son is Luca.  Not that they have to be like matchy matchy but just as an FYI haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @danixbanani24 love Julian and it fits really well with Luca (another name I really like!). 
  • @danixbanani24 my nephew’s name is Julian, we all love it <3
  • @danixbanani24 I love the name Julian, and it’s about the same level (not too trendy, not too out there) as Luca, which is also a great name.
  • @BourbonBiscuits you could have described mine and DH's names just now! I didn't like my name growing up, though not BECAUSE it was uncommon for my generation, I just didn't think it was pretty. But I like it ok now. I'll be damned if I let my kid have a name everyone else his or her age also has. I'd rather take Gertrude or Ethel tyvm
  • I love Julian! That would actually have been DD's name were she a boy. I'm rethinking it this time though, partly because it's super close to my sister's name, partly because picky AF
  • I just found out I'm having a BOY!!!!! So now I'm getting more serious about baby names. My dad is like the 3rd generation with Raymond as either first or middle...so I'd like to continue that (if DH is ok with it, which we haven't really discussed yet) 

Names I've sortof liked are:
    Levi (but I think I dont want an L name since that's DD) 
    Grant (but it rhymes with our last name too much)
    Soren (but is that too unusual?) 
    Reese (which is great because it's a family name on DH's side, but I'm not sure it goes with Raymond)
    Silas (just thought to add this one to the list today, yay!) 
  • I’m just glad out of all the names in this thread, no one has mentioned what I have picked out! Which means baby’s name won’t be overly common!!
  • Thanks guys! Im liking it more and more after being against it.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Okay so I share a first name with somebody who recently posted, figure out that one! Lol. 
  • I think my DH and I might have settled on baby names, which is lovely, but I have a More Important Question: y'all what should I name my pregnancy pillow? Because I am seriously in love with this pillow, and I think it should be honored with a moniker. Male names only please, because this pillow is the only man I need.
  • My current frontrunner is Fabio
  • @wanderfulvalerie - Soren was on our list since the beginning. If my grandfather hadn’t died this spring, this baby would be Soren. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @wanderfulvalerie I love Soren! Silas is not bad but becoming trendy.

@jessier19 @bleucheeznwine DED  :D
  • @jessier19.. dh almost bought me one today but i told him to wait, man wont that be rude for him if it ends up being as good as yours??  :D
  • episcowitchepiscowitch member
    edited September 2018
    @danixbanani24 Julian is on our list. I really like it but it doesn't flow with our last name. 

Our current list is still pretty long. We just started discussing names two nights ago. We are having a boy. 

Chiron.           Robin/Robyn

Julian/Jules          Warren

“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances”