July 2018 Moms

It's Labor Time!

Re: It's Labor Time!

• @babygagnon2018 mine never hurt in my back, they always felt like intense period cramps to me. Fingers crossed! 
  • @babygagnon2018 my fingers crossed for you.  I’m having some pretty bad period-type cramping this morning too (no back pain either) - going to doc this afternoon - I hope she says SOMETHING is happening!! Otherwise, still preggo at 40+3. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the worst cramps and timeable back pains for like 3 hours last night. I tried to rest in case it was labor and eventually passed out. Woke up this morning like nothing ever happened! So frustrating! I really want this baby to come before my induction on Friday.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Confirmed for induction on the 8th at 41+4. Apparently my chosen hospital only has like 2 slots for inductions each day and they fill up quick. The nurse told me to feel free to call her every day around 2 to see if a spot opens up earlier.
  • millpemillpe member
    @nimmle I swear our sexy time is what did it for me. I mean technically I was induced, but I was already at 6/7cm so he was coming soon anyway. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @nimmle when I finally schedule mine tomorrow, it will be Aug 10 I'm hoping! Hopefully something happens for us before those dates.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    @MrsMiller8588 I can only hope! I don't want to wait until the 8th, lol.

@SmashJam Fingers crossed! Gotta try and get it to happen naturally before then.
  • Been feeling a lot of cramping and back pain since I woke up. Noticed a little bit of mucus plug and ridiculous amount of discharge last time I went to the bathroom. Here's to hoping something happens from it all! 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @babybump1994 Got my fx for you
  • @babygagnon2018 mine didn’t hurt in my back either. Ditto the others- the worlds worst period cramps! Hope this is it for you!! 
  • so theyre deff contractions. DH insisted we go to the doctor at 10am bc they had been 4-6 mins apart and she checked me and i was only
    2 cm. she said its pre labor and to come back when you literally cant speak....uh ok?

i followed their contraction guideline 5-1-1 (5 mins apart, lasting for 1 min, for at least 1 hour) and now sent home?
    lost my MP at 730am and more just now.

Guess I wont be going back until i literally feel like dying. Just laying on the couch trying to sleep until they get more intense, then I guesss Ill try walking around.  Frustrating just not knowing.
  • @babygagnon2018 I personally wouldn’t give it too long before going back.  I am fine dealing with contractions until transition usually and at that point baby comes super fast for me.  I think they usually will keep you with contractions that close and if you are 3-4cm.  I’m just terrified of giving birth in the car lol.  But yay that you’re in labor!  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babygagnon2018 yay! I hope things progress easily and quickly for you!
  • I second what @Sarafuss said. For me I was induced the first time and had zero labor prior to going in for that. This last time I was 2 cm dilated before my water broke and my contractions prior to water breaking were nothing to me. After my water broke I drove myself to the hospital and walked up to L&D and was still talking through contractions well into my labor. Contractions really dont stop me in my tracks until it's time to deliver and push. So I would go back when they get a little closer but dont wait thinking they'll get so severe you end up not making it in time. Everyone is different so definitely go back when you feel you need to!
  • And846And846 member
    + 1 to the above mentions about co traction’s. I was sent home when i was 4cm and talking though contractions. They admitted me 12 hours later at 6cm and i was talking though all contractions. It wasn’t until i hit 8cm that i exhibited loss of talking through them and physically showing i was in pain. Everyone is different, but frustrating definitely to be sent home. 
  • Yay @babygagnon2018!!

i lost some mucous plug at the doctors office today!! No contractions yet but I just did 8000 steps to try and get things going lol!  Induction scheduled for Saturday night if not. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. Just went back to the OB because the first time earlier she took my blood pressure was right after I had a contraction so it obviously was high and she forgot to take it again before i left this am.  So she called and asked me to come back- back in normal range.  But didnt get checked :(  Lost more MP and I think the walk/outting again deff got my contractions going more intense.  Kinda just taking it slow and seeing what tonight brings.

My mom and sister live in CT and randomly texted me to let me know they were at the mall.....down the street from my house! I was like “wtf”  Shes like “I hope thats okay”  Im super fristrated bc i told her it could still be a while- but theyre staying at my house so i dont really have a choice. kinda wanted to jjst be alone while laboring at home and not wear clothes LOL but guess that wont be an option for much longer.

Guess maybe ill go back to the hospital jusst to be alone haha how backwards is that?!

canucklehead123 thats awesome about the MP. I personally wanted to barf when i saw it- but then got excited lol
  • @babygagnon2018 I hope the next update we see from you is a birth announcement and that they didn't fizzle out after being there all day!
  • And846And846 member
    Y’all are so close!! Can’t wait to see birth announcements soon from you ladies! FX for contractions that stay and progress! 
  • @nimmle Yay! That moves it up over a week then doesn't it? So glad you were able to get in sooner
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @babybump1994 Yes, just over a week. So that will put me at 40+3 instead of 41+4. The nurse who works with the schedulers at L&D had me calling her every 2 hours to check with them, lol.

I'm so happy and so is my Sister (a doctor) and my Mother. My mother had umbilical cord issues with both pregnancies so she was really worried. My sister was a twin and the twin made it full term, but then there was an issue with her umbilical cord and she didn't end up making it. Then when I came I had managed to tie knots in mine. I know that things my mother went through aren't necessarily things that will happen to me, but it's nice to not have that worry and get things going if he doesn't come before then.
  • @nimmle I'm glad you are getting a little peace of mind knowing it will be sooner. FX for a smooth and safe delivery!

@canucklehead123 Sorry you're feeling miserable! I hope this is the real deal for you!
  • @canucklehead123 woohoo! Hope this is it for you!! 

@nimmle yay for you but...darn now I lost my late in the game induction buddy! Lol

Afm, docs apt said still 1cm 50% effaced and -3 station. Posterior cervix still. Gotta be more diligent on the ball, sex, and walking! I go back thursday next week for fluid check and nst and appt, at which point i could also induce. 
  • Contractions fizzled today burn havw really picked up tonight with a definite bloody show that is really freaking me out - I know it’s a common labour sign but it’s never easy seeing blood!!! Curious how much blood anybody else saw during their bloody show?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canucklehead123 I'm late to the game on this answer but I saw blood in mucous when I lost my plug during labor and there was straight up blood later when I was ready to push. I think if I was in labor at home and straight up RED blood came out and I wasn't that far into labor, I would 100% call the doc. I am not saying if it means anything is wrong but it would freak me out enough that I'd call. I've been having pink tinged mucous and old blood looking bits come out since I got my cervix check/after sex and the same happened last week after both of those things, but that has been the extent of my bloody show. 
  • Thanks @SmashJam - it was purple/brown (old?) and I haven’t had any more all night  (non-stop, irregular contractions - so weird - how long will this continue!!!???) so I’m not so worried anymore - I think it was a good omen!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canucklehead123 I didn’t fully lose mine until after my water broke and labor started but it was more like pink/light red tinged mucus than actual blood. I hope it happens soon for you! I had contractions at night for weeks before it happened for real, so miserable! 
  • @canucklehead123 I was losing MP for a week or so prior to my water breaking and it was brown tinged like old blood. When my water broke I lost A LOT of the MP (it must have regenerated and I lost it all in full) and it was also brown tinged as well as light pink/red mucus. Not actual blood as @acunamatada said. If you have actual blood I would definitely call your dr.
  • @babybump1994 @stephfaye0908 good luck ladies!! Happy healthy delivery vibes for all! 
  • Good luck to those going in for inductions or cs’s! 

@canucklehead123 I didn’t have straight up bleeding like a period- my bloody show was definitely like a huge bloody booger (brick red/ brown vs. bright red) 
  • Ughhh, still in triage (7 hours later) because the are no open rooms and every time one opens up a momma comes in ready to go! They were able to place the cervical so at least were making progress
  • @babybump1994 I hope you get a room soon, but at least you are making progress!

@canucklehead123 good luck! 

Yay babies!