July 2018 Moms
Options

It's Labor Time!

I know someone mentioned having one of these threads a little while ago..I think it's time!

This thread is for updates and questions on dilation/effacement, Dr predictions, induction date, symptoms, MP loss, the show time, etc.

WE'RE IN THE HOME STRETCH Y'ALL!!!!

TTC History:
Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
Due date was Nov 2020
DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
TTC: March 2021
IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

Re: It's Labor Time!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @comealongponds @sm05-2 I wish! (I wouldn't start a new thread to announce that though :P) 

TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @kbernal2021 Looks like our bodies are on the same path! I'm having a lot of hip and pelvis pain too. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @coco305 good luck!! Wish you a smooth and speedy recovery! 
  • Options
    @coco305 good luck! Hope you have a good recovery!
  • Options
    @coco305 good luck!
  • Options
    @coco305 Good luck!! 

As of monday (37w) I was 1 cm. I get checked again this Monday. 

Can we we talk about early labor? I was induced last time so I don’t know what it’s like. All last night/ this morning I’ve been very crampy with contractions ranging from 10 to 3 minutes apart but not regular. Lower back pain and I got no sleep. 
    Now that I’m up, it’s seemed to have slowed. I had contractions 6 mins apart yesterday for an hour that just fizzled. 
    Is early labor more painful than moderate to heavy period cramps? I know labor itself is, but nothing about early labor. 
  • Options
    @coco305 good luck!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    sm05-2sm05-2 member
    @coco305 good luck!
  • Options
    @coco305 good luck!!!! 

@paytonpedro same here! I’ve had consistent contractions for the past couple weeks. Some are painful, like really bad period cramps, some aren’t. I’ve also noticed the painful ones are further apart, I think those are the “real” ones and the wonky closer together ones are BH. 

I was up twice last night with contractions 4-5 minutes apart and loose BM’s. Of course they were probably poop contractions and fizzled away to nothing. I almost wish I went to l&d just to see if they’re being productive or if they’re just an early labor nuisance. 

Anyone notice regular contractions when sitting in certain positions? Whenever I sit down I’ll get BH 2 minutes apart until I stand up. This baby won’t let me relax! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada @paytonpedro I have no idea! All day and night yesterday I’ve been crampy. I don’t think anything is timeable since it just feels like achy period cramps that kinda radiate all over the belly/crotchal region. And they don’t come and go; more of a constant. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @acunamatada my BH are always worse sitting, especially in the car! I'm not sure why, maybe my ute is bugged by the constant movement of babe, and babe moves more when I'm still?
  • Options
    @acunamatada mine are also worse depending on position, like @SmashJam worse in the car!
    I've been contracting for about 3 weeks, my last check last Monday I was still just 1cm and 50% effaced. My Dr said to drink raspberry leaf tea and start evening primrose oil, and yesterday I saw a new chiro who specializes in pregnancy...she was amazing and my SIL saw her and her water broke the next day so I'm hoping!! My 15yo DD is gone all next week for a dance competition and my in laws are on a cruise until next Friday so if I don't have him this weekend he's going to have to wait a week because I need someone to be here for DS!! 
  • Options
    As far as early labor what I know is that you can have contractions that are pretty timeable but they start and stop, you can have them for 1 hour, but then nothing, and it seems like they may intensify at night. However in early labor there is no dilation which is why these are considered unproductive. The 411 or 511 pattern is what was recommended to pay attention to as a FTM unless of course the water breaks before contractions even start. The birth partner is an amazing book and super helpful in describing all the phases but some stuff is still a bit blurry for me
  • Options
    Ive read and been told that some STM + skip early labor and just go into active labor. I have a feeling it’s just one of those things where everyone is different though. I may be crazy but I’m kind of hoping for early labor at least for a few hours so I know it’s possibly coming and have time to make my final preparations before active labor kicks in. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 FWIW, although I was induced, I had the same experience both times with early vs. active labor. I had early labor for awhile before shit got real. The induction probably makes a difference though?
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I went into labor on my own about a week and a half past my due date. The contractions for me were 100x stronger than BH. Basically I would double over and have to lean against something until it passed. I couldn't really talk through them easily or walk around safely. I knew 100% that it was the real deal when it started happening. I was trying to time them, but they were all over the place so we just went to L&D and they admitted me. Turns out for some reason the timing was irregular on my contractions, but they were the real deal so it was a good thing we left when we did. I don't know if they start off that heavy for everyone, but there was no mistaking it for me.

I always thought my water would break first also, but that is not always the case. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I was induced too and I can’t distinguish early vs active labor from my experience. I was on pitocon for about 6 hours and contractions weren’t painful at all...then they broke my water and I immediately asked for an epidural. So I guess maybe before they broke my water that’s what early labor is like but I’m not sure. Also never experienced what transition is like since I was completely numb. So if I go into spontaneous labor this time (fingers crossed so hard) and stick to my no meds plan, I feel like it’ll all be new to me. I kind of really want to experience all the stages of labor that I missed last time. But when I’m actually experiencing it I will probably tell myself I’m crazy for wanting it haha. 
  • Options
    I basically had no early labour with my twins. Woke up to water breaking, contractions started about 45min later and were consistently 2-3 min apart from the get go, got closer and stronger until they were stacking about four hours after my water broke. Brief break while the meds they gave me stopped labour temporarily, then right back at it. Hoping for something a little less stressful this time!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @peytonpedro I was in "early labor" for maybe 16 hours before it became "active." For me it felt like a more intense BH. Not painful, but much, much more uncomfortable and clockwork status timeable contractions that gradually decreased in interval time. It very much had that same sensation as labor contractions, just without the pressure pain. There was cramping and back soreness (and the zero sleep), but the contractions never varied or decreased. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @coco305 Good luck!! Fx to a smooth recovery!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    nimmlenimmle member
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @peytonpedro Glad you're feeling better about the whole thing! I know it can be so frustrating (not to mention uncomfortable). I feel lucky that my practice stresses a separation between the terms "pre-labor" and "early labor," so I could be discerning my first go around. It helped me stay calm those last couple weeks. This time too, really. Yay for confusing bodies! 

Hoping you can give yourself some much deserved TLC :) 

@coco305 Been thinking about you and hoping all is going well for you and baby! 
    Micah      <3 10/2015
  • Options
    For me, with DD (1st child) my early labor contractions started out timeable and followed the 5-1-1 pattern, but I was still sent home from triage because the contractions weren't intense enough (not active labor). I went back when I couldn't talk through them, and was only 4cm dilated but was admitted at that point.
    With DS I forgot how close together my contractions were but i was in early labor for about 12-16 hours. I was sent home from triage when I was still considered in early labor and about 4cm dilated. I only went in when I did 8 hours later because I thought my water broke--it was pee haha. But the timing worked out because I was 7cm by time I went back to triage.

For me, contractions feel like the worst period cramps ever, that come in waves. They are extremely difficult to talk or walk through and require a lot of focus to get through, and the car ride to the hospital is like torture. My hospital seems to say you're not ready (go home) if you are still kind of happy haha!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Fwiw- contractions in active labor for me felt like I was being stabbed to death. Period cramps are cute compared to what it felt like for me. Lol. 
    Yes. So much this. I want to punch people when they say it's just in your mind or that it's not actual pain you experience. Ummmm, no. When push comes to shove (pun surprisingly not intended, lol) I have a very high threshold for pain, but dear God they felt like my pelvis was being split open by a crowbar! At least they did after my water [finally] broke. 
    Micah      <3 10/2015
  • Options
    @acunamatada hoping things either progress or your body stops teasing you! fx its baby time!