July 2018 Moms

It's Labor Time!

Re: It's Labor Time!

• So last night I had several really intense contractions, but the weird thing was that my whole belly felt hard (like a normal contraction) but the pain was only on the right side. This went on for about 30 minutes and then I was just really crampy all night. Of course, woke up feeling pretty normal today. But has anyone experienced contractions with the pain mostly localized to one side? I just wasn't sure what to make of it. The pain was bad enough that if it had been more evenly distributed I would have headed to the hospital. 
  • Same thing happened to me last night, but never progressed more that 10 min apart. I'm about to call my dr. 
  • Loading the player...
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Thanks all. @And846 Feeling like a beached whale and nice ad uncomfortable. However the LO seems like he's having a grand old time dancing in my uterus. Hopefully not much longer.
  • FX for you @canucklehead123 sorry it wasn’t your water! 
  • How scary! FX for a smooth induction @Sarafuss, good luck! 
  • edited July 2018
    Had my appt today at 39+1.  Not even 1 cm and she could barely get a fingertip in.  20% effaced.  We really thought she would be able to do a membrane sweep today after all the excitement of Thursday, so I left pretty disappointed.  On the bright side my cervix is pointed towards the front now instead of the back (yay?) 

At work now and have no motivation to do anything.  This is my last week and I'm nervous about not working and having no baby yet.  I feel like being on leave with no baby is such a waste but I dont have the option to work next week since they are already paying my replacement.

Sorry for the debby downer post.  Lack of sleep is killing me.

Good luck today Sarafuss !!!
  • amdftwamdftw member
    Yay for progress @nimmle!!

Good luck @Sarafuss!!   And anyone else I missed! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • nimmlenimmle member
    I think I'm starting to recognize early/pre-labor contractions better. The other day I noticed that I was getting menstrual like cramps the way I used to when I was younger. When I was in HS I would get cramps that would shoot down the front of my thighs, it would never be in my lower abdomen like you would think. I felt them the other day and I'm feeling them even more-so today. Hopefully that's really what it is and not just my imagination, but with the progress I'm making maybe it's true.

I got off the phone with my boss after discussing the first out of two projects she is reviewing telling me to hold off labor for just a couple more days. lol....ok.  :D
  • @Sarafuss good luck and hope things go smoothly. @canucklehead123 sorry it wasn't your water but hope something happens for you later today!
  • Good luck @Sarafuss

@babygagnon2018 I'm sorry you don't have much progression.  I completely understand your disappointment!  When I went in for my appointment yesterday (40+1) and to be told that it doesn't seem like I'm close to any excitement I was pretty bummed too.  Hang in there! Hopefully the babe will come before your leave starts or soon after!
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Good luck @Sarafuss. Hopefully the little one GTFO on time so you can have the MFM you like the whole time :)
  • Good lucky today @Sarafuss, I hope everything goes smoothly!
    @canucklehead123 Sorry to hear it was just sweat, I've had several moments where I thought my water broke for it to actually be swamp ass.

• I'm 40w2d today. I have a growth ultrasound and an NST in a little bit. I'm nervous and hope baby is doing ok in there. I've also completely given up on going in to labor naturally before my induction on Thursday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss good luck looks like things are progressing! Can't wait to read an announcement!
    Sorry about no progress for some of you ladies I hope things change soon or that everything goes well with an iductindu for those of you approaching one.
  • @Sarafuss good luck with everything!

@runsomewhere all the best with your NST and US - hope it all looks ok! Sending labour dust your way. 

My contractions have kind of just just been staying super mild and inconsistent all day - getting farther apart and less intense too... guess it isn’t the day!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm convinced that I'm birthing an elephant. Another 56 weeks of gestation to go. I feel hopeless. Going for a walk.  :(
  • Considering breaking out the breast pump tonight. Baby has two more days to come on her own.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @babygagnon2018 Haha, I think I'm going to try having sex this weekend at 39 weeks to start getting things moving if possible. I haven't wanted to in forever and I'm sure hubster will appreciate getting intimate before we are on hiatus after the LO is born.
  • @babygagnon2018 thank you for the well wishes! It is my husband's birthday today...  B) hopeful the OB shares progress with us tomorrow morning! 
  • @nimmle and @babygagnon2018 just be careful - attempting to have sex is how I hurt my hip >_< still can't walk right a week later - and it wasn't even all that successful! rolling over is dangerous...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmle I have to beg my husband- he is so weirded out by the whole thing.  And he will only do it from behind hahaha

babybakie is there a reason they don’t want you to go over your due date? Mine is the same day and they wont even start talking about induction until 41 weeks  :(

thanks gingerbride26 I don’t do much moving aka my lazy butt just lays there haha

• @nimmle I told my husband recently that contractions were weird and they felt like they radiated into my legs. I labored sitting and rubbing the top of my thighs with a fist. It didn’t actually help much but kind of lol. So I totally agree with that description. 
  • @nimmle I told my husband recently that contractions were weird and they felt like they radiated into my legs. I labored sitting and rubbing the top of my thighs with a fist. It didn’t actually help much but kind of lol. So I totally agree with that description. 
    My contractions felt like this too! It was like sciatica x1000. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @hillbillywife @wildtot I'm glad I'm not the only one that's feeling them this way. My menstrual cramps were also never textbook, so it makes sense that I would feel this the same way. I just never noticed until this point.
  • runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited July 2018
    @canucklehead123 thank you, I need all the labor dust and birthing vibes I can get lol! Baby looked good on the NST but the contraction line was flat as can be. They estimated the baby to be 8lbs 8oz :o

I hope your contractions pick up and get things going.

I am going in for my induction sometime tomorrow morning, L&D will call me tonight with the exact time. I feel somewhat good about it with moments of totally freaking out!!! Ahhhhh!!!! 

Question for those who have been induced. What did they use and in what order? I was induced with DD because we were pushing 41 weeks as well. We started with pitocin right away and broke my water after 12 hours continuing with increased pitocin. I've heard of people having their water broken first to get things going and various different approaches.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited July 2018
    My doc couldn’t even reach my cervix to do a sweep today or even feel if there is any dilation - wah. Guess baby is very happy where he is at 39+3. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babygagnon2018 that was my mistake - should have just lifted the side of the pregnancy pillow and told him to have at it instead of trying to participate lol

@runsomewhere induction with DD at 41W - I was at 2cm so they had me come in the night before (said to check in between 8-10, but were busy so we came closer to 10).  Saw dr at midnight who placed a 12 hour cervidil for ripening.  We were going to then check progress and start pitocin around lunchtime, and ramp up slowly and eventually break water if it didn't break on its own (it did).  I think different groups and hospitals have different order of operations and may also use foley bulbs or other ripeners - I'd call the nurse line for what your group does.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Went in for my 39 week appointment this morning. Babys head is even more low than last week and I'm now 2cm dilated. OB tried to do a sweep however because babys head is so low, she had trouble getting fully around and in there. She gave me a 50/50 chance of it doing anything. Will be getting induced next week. I've been having cramps and tightness, however nothing that has been timeable or strong. This waiting game is a total roller coaster. Hey baby and body: get it together already!!! Happy labor thoughts to all you ladies!!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @runsomewhere I was induced with DS and we went in at 7 PM. They did a 12 hour cervadil which did nothing for me. Next morning they started pitocin which also did nothing for me so the next morning they broke my water and DS was born 5 hours later. Breaking my water was all that got me into labor
  • @runsomewhere I was induced with DS and they gave me cervadil at midnight. Around 8 am they started pitocin, and then the doctor came and broke my water around 10:30-11. After that things went really fast and he was born at 1:26 pm. It was pretty stress free except for some epidural drama. Good luck! 
  • Thank you ladies. My OB takes on whatever approach he thinks is best for each situation. I have no idea if I've made any progress since last Thursday so idk what he will suggest. It's good to hear what others did.

@zombiehoohaa I agree, the waiting game is such a roller coaster. Good luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I have been induced with both of my little ones due to preeclampsia. Twice. Lucky me. For my son I had cervadil placed and within an hour my water broke on it’s own and my body took over, no further interventions were needed. With my daughter cervadil wasn’t an option because I gave birth overseas and it isn’t available here. Unfortunately that meant the one induction method I had experienced was off the table. I was 4cm on the morning of my induction but my water wouldn’t break so we started with a dose of oral Cytotec. A few hours later they still couldn’t get my water to break (baby wasn’t low enough) so they started pitocin. A few hours after that they were able to break my water and my little girl was born an hour later. Both births were epidural free and totally different experiences but overall I am happy with the outcome! I’d go for having my water broken first if your body is favourable! Good luck, Hun!

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• how the f did i completely miss the liner!? what is the point of a liner if my panties are still going to be completely soaked.  And how did it fall ABOVE the liner....damn you gravity defying discharge!
    Pregnancy Ticker