March 2019 Moms

Question? Need help? ***POST HERE***

Re: Question? Need help? ***POST HERE***

• @flyingmombula I was contemplating the same thing about a week ago because I missed my evening beer in the backyard so much. I decided to wait until I was a bit further along but I really think it would probably be fine. It just comes down to a personal choice I think. Now beer (anything really) sounds horrible so its water under the bridge at this point. 
  • I have been buying lots of super flowy shirts (even before the BFP) hoping I can wear them long into pregnancy. I carry some extra weight in my tummy so it helps cover that too! I am hoping people won’t be able to tell for awhile since I already have a consistent food baby.  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • @purpleteacher82 I was thinking about doing stitch fix Maternity. I used them for work clothes a while back. I haven’t bought any clothes in a couple of years and I don’t really have to dress up for work anymore (mostly work from home) but I think if I got some newer/nicer stuff it might help with comfort and my mood. I’ve worked really hard to get down to a healthy weight and am nervous about putting the weight back on!!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed I have done Stitch Fix before. I am wondering what the prices are like for Maternity? They are a little pricey regularly. 
  • mappowellmappowell member
    edited July 2018
    @purpleteacher82 & @3rdtime_charmed let me know if you do it, I love stitch fix and have been thinking about doing maybe one box during this pregnancy, since it is so pricey, and would love to hear your outcomes/thoughts!
  • I do stitch fix and my next box will have maternity things, I’ll keep you all posted!
  • @mappowell @purpleteacher82 @3rdtime_charmed - I got a stitchfix box for a previous pregnancy. I did it early, so I wound up with some maternity tanks, one cute maternity top, a larger flowy top to help hide the blump, and earrings (since I didn't really need pants/leggings/skirts at that point). Price point was about average for my other fixes and the items seemed of good quality and were super cute. I absolutely loved the maternity tanks. I haven't worn the true maternity top yet but the other flowy top has also been great!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Hi Everyone!
    Possible *TW*
    I went for my 7 week scan and everything looked great, growing great and a heartbeat! On my report it says, “trace subchorionic hemorrhage.” When I asked my OB he brushed it off and says it’s very common. Has any other ladies encountered this?
  • Hey ladies! Question about due dates - for STM+.... have your due dates ever shifted around during pregnancy? My LMP was Mary 21st but because I have longer cycles my doctor "made up" that my LMP was May 27th with a conception date of June 10th which seems pretty accurate. That would make my due date March 3rd. After my Ultrasound on Friday, baby measured 7 weeks 2 days (when I should have been 7 weeks 5 days). Not a huge difference, but different nonetheless. Today, the doctors office calls me to tell me that after reviewing the results of my ultrasound, they are changing my due date to March 9th.

Even with longer cycles.... Doesn't March 9th seem excessive? 

I'm a little annoyed because I want these 12 weeks to be overwith so that I can stop hiding (LOL) - Also, when I change my due date in all of my apps it tells me I'm 7 weeks and 1 day today. If baby measured at 7 weeks 2 days on Friday... How the heck am I only 7 weeks 1 day?! I called the office back to confirm that date because it didn't seem right but they insist.......... 
  • @indigoheightsblog that definitely seems confusing!  US in the first trimester is supposed to be accurate within a week.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed Exactly! I guess technically it is exactly one week.... but baby measuring 7w2days friday means i'm 7w5days today, right? Which at most would make the new Due Date March 6th. Ugh! 
  • @indigoheightsblog if they reviewed your US and changed the due date they probably remeasured the baby and decided they were actually measuring what you would have been with the new due date. Ultimately it doesn’t matter because baby will come when they’re ready, not on the date the doctors arbitrarily decided they should come.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @indigoheightsblog Yah that seems pretty odd/confusing. My DD didn't change at all during my first pregnancy - although I have to take fertility drugs to get pregnant and so I carefully monitor ovulation. My cycles are longer than average and I ovulate later (cd 18-21) so I do my DD based on ovulation rather than LMP. Do you know when you ovulated? That'd give you a pretty accurate due date (well, as accurate as any DD can be). I'm not sure why your dr pushed your DD back so far after that ultrasound! 
    Keep us posted re: what your dr days when he calls you back!
  • @laur84ns we were using ovulation sticks this time around and I believe it was around June 9th give or take.... which would make a March 3rd due date very accurate. So i'm not sure why it was changed. I guess baby was measuring a few days behind for a March 3rd due date but I always thought that was very common - too common to actually go forward with pushing it back. Annoying! 
  • @indigoheightsblog Yah, the early ultrasounds are accurate +/- 3 or 4 days (at least that's my understanding). Your original DD sounds the most accurate to me!
  • Hey ladies! Question about due dates - for STM+.... have your due dates ever shifted around during pregnancy? My LMP was Mary 21st but because I have longer cycles my doctor "made up" that my LMP was May 27th with a conception date of June 10th which seems pretty accurate. That would make my due date March 3rd. After my Ultrasound on Friday, baby measured 7 weeks 2 days (when I should have been 7 weeks 5 days). Not a huge difference, but different nonetheless. Today, the doctors office calls me to tell me that after reviewing the results of my ultrasound, they are changing my due date to March 9th.

Even with longer cycles.... Doesn't March 9th seem excessive? 

I'm a little annoyed because I want these 12 weeks to be overwith so that I can stop hiding (LOL) - Also, when I change my due date in all of my apps it tells me I'm 7 weeks and 1 day today. If baby measured at 7 weeks 2 days on Friday... How the heck am I only 7 weeks 1 day?! I called the office back to confirm that date because it didn't seem right but they insist.......... 
    First bolded, this happened to me. My midwife didn't "make up" a new LMP though. They simply acknowledged I have long cycles and adjusted accordingly. I suppose if the doctor doesn't have a way of inputting anything other than a regular 28-day cycle into their systems/paperwork (dumb), then they would do it that way.  

Second bolded, no, not without knowing how much longer your cycles are than normal. March 9th would make complete sense if your cycles are around 45-50 days long. But, that's only taking into account a typical ovulation date. Maybe you ovulate earlier than normal. That could account for some of that, too. 

Finally, dating scans are not an exact science. I was told they never adjust your due date based on the dating scan unless it's more than 4 days off your due date. They're only accurate within about a one week period around your due date. 
  • @lovesclimbing you are so right.... i think i'm going to continue to question this! my cycles are only 35 days as opposed to 28.... so weird. 
  • @lovesclimbing you are so right.... i think i'm going to continue to question this! my cycles are only 35 days as opposed to 28.... so weird. 
    So your original due date, based on a 28-day cycle, was February 25, 2019. So a 35 day cycle bumps that out by 7 days. That puts you at March 4. So March 9 is another five days. It's possible you ovulate early and that could account for some of that, and again, dating scans are only accurate within a 3-4 day window on either side of the due date. 

Honestly, this does not seem all that far fetched to me. Sure, you could question it, but that due date does not seem all that unusual to me. 
  • @lovesclimbing interesting - i guess we'll find out! :)
  • @Knottie1459209521 I was diagnosed with a sch on Friday. I had a little spotting on Thursday night and went in immediately Friday morning for an ultrasound. The sch is a few centimeters long and the baby looked great with a strong heartbeat. I have been placed on moderate bedrest until I go in for my next ultrasound tomorrow. I'm on progesterone since I did IVF and they increased my dose. I stopped spotting immediately but I'm definitely concerned, especially if it keeps growing. Just remind your doctor to keep measuring it because sometimes they can be quite large and cause problems. Try to take it easy and drink lots of water. Good luck!

• Have you cut out caffeine?  With my nausea and lack of appetite, I keep craving a Dr. Pepper
  • sejicasejica member
    @babybliss2018 , I thought I had until I saw my bai bubbles have 45 mg of caffeine. Anything under 200 mg is supposed to be fine, unless you have a history of loss. I drank a small cup of coffee all through my first pregnancy (I worked at a very coffee focused place), and everything worked out fine.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I switched from double shot to single shot lattes, but don’t intend to cut caffeine completely.
  • I switched from double shot to single shot lattes, but don’t intend to cut caffeine completely.
  • @babybliss2018 I cut out caffeine this pregnancy only because it sounds horrible in the first trimester so far! I drink a cup a day with DS when I wasn’t feeling so bad and he is a healthy sweet little boy :smile: My midwife told me it was fine but only 1 a day. Now on the paper the doctors office already sent about this pregnancy it says no caffeine. I’m going to ask my midwife at my appointment tomorrow. 

@indigoheightsblog I can’t offer much as a way of knowledge on your due date but it’s got me curious about mine. My last monthly period was 5/31 but my cycles previous to that were all over the place (I had a 45 day cycle before I got pregnant and I’m not sure what they were previous to that). I stopped breastfeeding in March and stopped my birth control in mid May. I figured that’s why my cycles have been all over the place. My office doesn’t do any scans until 20 weeks (I suppose unless It’s medically necessary or we decide to do the early testing). So I suppose I’ll ask how they calculate a due date with all of that information. 
  • @ashley14598 wow, 20weeks?! I think I would die of anticipation lol - it’s so weird to me. I’m still harping on the fact that’s baby measured 7+2 Friday and they called Monday to tell me I’m 7+1..... ummmmm baby measured larger than that 3 days ago! I’ll neber understand but hey it is what it is - I guarantee you this baby comes before 3/9! Will update you in about 7.5 months haha!! 
  • @babybliss2018 - oh no, cutting caffeine will not be happening. I have cut back (2 cans of diet soda a day) but I definitely let myself have it. I feel so crummy already I don't need caffeine withdrawal headache on top of it. 

I found this chart from Center for Science in the Public Interest, detailing caffeine counts in a serving of beverages. Your Dr. Pepper has 41 mg of caffeine. Typical recs is to be under 200mg/day, so personally I don't see a reason to not have a little. I tend to follow the Dr. Sonya school of thought for things: 

thankfully my OB has a similar philosophy. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @indigoheightsblog now that you've jinxed yourself your baby will end up being 2 weeks late. Haha!
  • @ashley14598 Oh wow, I couldn't possibly wait 20 weeks! After having had a loss last pregnancy (ectopic), I am so anxious to see what's going on in there. The early dating scan that my family doctor was supposed to schedule for me between 6-8 weeks never materialized so I've booked in for a reassurance scan at a private place this afternoon.
    Maybe if you talk with your dr about how uncertain you are on your dates, he/she will get you in for a dating scan?
  • sejicasejica member
    @indigoheightsblog the only thing I've been able to come up with is that your chart still had the old lmp date, which would've made you 8w1d, right? From 7w5d, based on your adjustments to 8w1d on Monday, and she either misread, or something and said 7w1d instead. I would guess they may not have done the 7w5d down to 7w2d adjustment after the US, as those are close enough, or they switched it from 7w5d to 6w5d, data entry errors are all too common.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sejica i called to clarify with them, they looked everything over and are still sticking to the new due date! bizarre! whatever!!! baby will come when it wants to. :) 
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited July 2018
    @indigoheightsblog Seriously, this isn't bizarre. You're talking about a one day difference now. Again, it's not an exact science. Dating scans are only accurate within a 3-4 day window, so it's not at all unusual for it to fluctuate. 

ETA: and keep in mind, even if your baby comes early, that doesn't mean the doctors were wrong about the due date. Only 5% of babies are born on the due date. Full term is considered anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks. 

To those talking about waiting until 20 weeks for an ultrasound, so am I. That's not at all unusual. In fact, I'd say it's a good sign if you don't need one until then. The only reason for early ones is if you're high risk or you're uncertain about dates. It's pretty common to only have an anatomy scan (and in some people's cases, not even that). 
  • @lovesclimbing - girl, i get it. you've given multiple responses on both threads where i've asked this. it's really no fret to me..... at this point we're just discussing/conversing. if someone replies to me it means i'm going to reply back to them - it's not that i didn't trust what you (or anyone else) said to me regarding this topic. really..... no sweat. thanks for your help though! 
  • I'm not sweating or fretting. This is a question thread, and I was simply responding as well. I responded again because you still seem confused about why your doctors can adjust the date this way, and I was trying to help explain. Your attitude of "we'll see" makes it seem like you're looking for any excuse to disbelieve your doctors going forward about dates, and that's just not helpful. If you distrust your doctors so much, that's not a good sign, and you should consider switching. 
  • @lovesclimbing no one said i distrust my doctors. it's a known fact that due dates fluctuate. at this point, after taking in multiple responses from prior experiences, i'm placing my bets that my date will fluctuate back to where it was. i go to my doctors because they know what they're doing - but that does not mean that human error could have occurred for ANYONE, doctors included. once again, thanks for your help. i'm about spent on this topic! 
  • @mamakate1616 I am not a big soda drinker, but I drank soooo many A&W root beers during my first pregnancy. It was the best replacement for a beer when we would get pizza! 
  • @babybliss2018 I drink a cup of decaf on mornings bc I start working super early and I was hoping it would be a pseudo effect and make me energetic for my job. On the days I work until midnight, I drink a cup of coffee in the afternoon. I teach online and can’t make it through the night classes without a cup. 
  • Now all I can think about is root beer. I want some!