October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 6/8

124»

Re: Questions 6/8

• Options
    @jemmerjams Nothing happened to my feet last pregnancy. Toward the very end my they’d get a little swollen by the end of the day if I was walking around a lot. But nothing major. Never needed new shoes for sure. 
  • Options
    I haven’t worn my rings since 10 weeks.  I’m pretty sure I had trouble getting them on around that time last pregnancy too.  MH jokes whenever we go out that he looks like a cheating husband that got the other girl pregnant.  

@SweetSweetTooth I second what somebody else said about taking the rings off every night.  It’s a good idea even when you’re not pregnant to give the skin under your ring time to air out and to prevent injury while sleeping (I’ve had two different friends that wore their rings to bed and had issues with both of those - the injury one almost had to have her ring cut off and she has no idea what happens, she woke up and her finger was really swollen.)

@chopchop25 Didn’t you say where you worked at one point?  I thought you linked to a product one time and made a disclaimer that you worked for the company. I don’t remember where it was but I’m pretty sure I remember which discussion (which I am not posting now in case you don’t want lurkers going back to find it).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 - I stopped wearing my rings at about the same time- not because I was having trouble, but because I am genuinely afraid of having to have them cut off.

(I have a serious ring problem- send baby to daycare or buy more rings?  Okay- so not quite that bad, but only because my taste runs to art jewelry rather than fine jewelry.)
  • Options
    @knottieamusements The first morning I woke up and couldn’t get them on I stopped wearing them. Last time I tried them on every morning until one day I got them on and almost couldn’t get them off. Lesson learned. 

We thought about buying a bigger fake ring just so I would have something last pregnancy, but in the end it didn’t really matter.  I hardly wore them after the boys were born too because I was afraid I would scratch them (and when I did finally wear them I ended up scratching a baby so I refused to wear them for a while again). I got so used to not wearing them that even 5 years later I would sometimes walk out of the house without them on. It used to bother MH until he realized I really wasn’t doing it on purpose (& he got tired of me running back into the house to get them while he waited in the car for me).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 - I had a teacher in elementary school whose hands swelled suddenly during the day.  I remember her and the art teacher frantically trying to get her rings off during my class.  It made a huge impression on me.  

As for scratching the baby- my rings run a gamut of styles, including a number of bands.  But I can see where most wedding rings would be a concern for that.
  • Options
    Yep, took my ring off with DS and it’s never really gone back. Felt like I was going to scratch him every diaper change. Then after so long I got out of the habit. Maybe after this kiddo is a little bigger I’ll finally wear them again?
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    Has anyone tried an epsom salt bath for the swelling?

@sammierose464 - I did a foot bath last week and it helped.  And just felt awesome.

image        image

• Options
    I love my silicone ring, especially when Im camping or going somewhere hot. I wore it for my whole honeymoon.
  • Options
    Wear my silicone ring every day!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Does anyone recommend a certain brand of silicone rings? 
  • Options
    Mine is a Qalo. I believe from their "stackables collection". I normally wear a 7.5 but this is an 8. DH has ordered some of Etsy and hasn't liked them. I have no complaints on this one. Pic and link in the spoiler 

• Options
    @nmadjeski I have two Enso ones (and H has one as well). Super comfortable. I like my rings looser than you're "supposed" to wear them, but I find them to be pretty true to the size of my other rings (the ones that still fit lol). I heard good things about Qalo too but didn't try them because I heard they run very small and I didn't want to deal with returning anything.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @jemmerjams with DS I never had any swelling, I was extremely lucky. I wonder if maybe it's because I was pregnant over the Winter months. Things may be very different this time when we are most pregnant in the hot hot months.

My rings have always been a little loose, so even with any swelling it's usually fine.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

I really like that color! @sammierose464

That's the brand I've been looking into. @krzyriver I really liked some of the color options they had. And I've heard they run true to size.  I dont want to have to deal with returns/exchanges. 
  • Options
    @nmadjeski I have their rose gold and the unicorn (I think it's called) in the thin band... and I want like 2 or 3 more. Lol. They're so comfortable. And they always have sales going on, I've never paid full price. They do stretch a little over time, so I think they recommend you size down. But like I said, I like them loose so it doesn't bother me.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @krzyriver The rose gold is the one I want. I like unicorn too. I see their ads on FB advertising their sales all the time. I think I'm just going to order already haha. 
  • Options
    I have Qalo rings. I think my ring size is a 7.25, and I got the 8 and they fit fine. 
  • Options
    Love my silicone ring!! DH wears his most days and wears his “real” ring when we go somewhere special or date nights. 
    I wear mine camping, to the lake, or doing big projects around the house. Wore mine most of last pregnancy and have been wearing it a couple of months now this pregnancy. 

They are also nice for postpartum when you’re afraid of scratching baby's delicate skin, not like my ring fit right away anyways..
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure I know you posted this like last week, but as a fellow teacher I have some questions. I’m a music teacher BTW. 

You said your kids have specials 4 days a week if they don’t get cancelled. When do you get planning time? What does your contract say? 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt elementary teacher here. My contract has 15 minutes before and after school for planning and a 30 minute lunch -_-
    Other prep I get but not written in my contract:
    Music has standards that need to be hit with the students every year, so very rarely it will get cancelled, that gives me another 30 minutes twice a week. 
    Computers gets cancelled a lot during testing seasons, but when I have it that’s 30 minutes 1 day a week.
    Library rarely gets cancelled, but if the librarian is out then we lose it. Another 30 minutes 1 day a week.
    1-2 times a month a counselor comes in for 30 minutes to help teach social emotional skills and build relationships with the kids.

Our school uses part of our budget to have subs for each grade level to have common planning time 1 day a week for 45 minutes.
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure that sucks. Our contract requires each teacher get 225 minutes per week of planning. For a classroom teacher than means 45 minutes per day. 

you don’t have PE and Art at your school either? 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt the subs that watch our classes so we can grade level plan will usually do PE or art, but no, do not have positions on our staff for either of those.

I know that some of the more affluent schools in our district have their parent involvement committee raise money to pay a PE or art teacher for the year. I’m in title I territory. 
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I'm always telling DH about our convos and he thinks it kind of odd to be talking to strangers, but when I point it out that I don't have any close friends with kids yet he gets it. 
    I keep telling my two best friends that are pregnant now to join but they also aren't sure about talking to strangers. 
    Guess you have to be in the thick of it to understand fully how amazing it is and truly supportive group of awesome ladies there is here!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I tell DH about things on here all the time. 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams My H loves when I tell him all the crazy names people come up with too! None in this group, but there are some good ones in  the name board and other BMBs.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I’ve been telling my parents all about the kids accidentally cursing since I got here yesterday  :D
  • Options
    I’m still close with a group of ladies from June 2015 so Dh does know what I’m talking about. I’ve met up with one of them in Massachusetts with her two kids twice now and he still gets paranoid though.
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 - Exactly- all of my close friends are either childless by choice or working on grandkids.  While the grandmothers are happy to talk pregnancy, everyone else is politely interested and would rather talk about other stuff.  (And even when they are interested, they don’t know that your feet can change shape or that nausea isn’t just a morning thing.)
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure I‘m also a Title 1 teacher. It’s so fascinating to me how much education differs from state to state.