October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 6/8

Re: Questions 6/8

• Options
    @linssears4 I was doing laser removal years ago and was told to stop immediately. It was on my face, so I imagine bikini line is a definite no-no. I haven't done any research on whether or not it's safe, but I'm sure places would be hesitant regardless to protect themselves.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @krzyriver that sucks, I’m sorry H wasn’t better at realizing you weren’t interested. If it doesn’t get better, I’d contact your OB/midwife (not sure who you’re seeing). There could be some internal trauma, and they may have recommendations for soothing or healing those tissues. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krzyriver I’m sorry that happened! That sounds really painful. I think I would call for peace of mind and maybe at least they will have recommendations for pregnancy safe relief from discomfort.

We we had something similar happen (way pre pregnancy but with miscommunication about sexual desires) and we did come up with a safe word! Its not a bad idea!
  • Options
    @jennybean80 That’s what I was wondering, although I don’t know how rough one has to be to do damage and I didn’t know if maybe I was being dramatic about it. But it was definitely painful and I’m feeling it today. 

@rc-cola A safe word never occurred to me because we’re so vanilla! But that’s the one non-vanilla thing we do enjoy... me resisting a bit. And I’m almost always in the mood. But my sex drive is definitely calming down these days, so we’ll be having that discussion so this won’t happen again. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    rabtaido1214rabtaido1214 member
    edited June 2018
    Related to a previous topic -thanks to everyone for the heart rate feedback. I found the heart rate data in the Health app on my phone. Under “today” then “heart rate”, then click “i” button where it shows today’s range then “show all data”. If you click a specific day it shows you HR every few minutes.  Seems like everything since earlier this AM has been more normal. Thanks for the input from everyone. I’ll mention it at the next appt and keep in mind it’s just an Apple Watch and may not be super accurate.  
  • Options
    @krzyriver - honestly, I’d probably wait a day or two.  Early on, I used one of my favorite dildos (is pretty soft, but has an odd shape and a lot of texture).   It was one of the few times I have experienced spotting.  Even with plenty of lubricant, it irritated my skin.  I can’t imagine trying to use it now- everything has swelled up down there, and it would be rough going.  :/
  • Options
    My mom is a teacher and she and I were talking about pumping once returning to work. She said her supply dropped like crazy and it was really stressful to do it at work. We discussed how there's a great wellness room at my work and we agreed my experience might be better given the environment. 

My resting HR has gone up since I got pregnant. I was in the mid 70s and now I'm in the low to mid 80s. I will easily see my HR at 110 from just walking around the office.

@krzyriver It's possible you got a small tear if you weren't lubricated enough, which can cause discomfort. I wouldn't stress too much if it's not cramping. However, if it's still bad tomorrow, I'd call the dr. If you're comfortable with it, try putting some lube in and around your vagina. It might help.
  • Options
    So late to the party,  but @coffee-saur my ob said gatorade for my HG (he's not worried about the sugar since my food intake is minimal at best). He did say there is an adult version of pedialyte, but it tastes pretty gross. And since I couldn't keep down water,  drinking gross liquid was pointless. I drank it every day until I finally started feeling hydrated, and now drink it every 2-3 days (food/dehydration pending). He said because the electrolytes and sodium I couldn't replace with water. And that staying hydrated was more important for baby and I than pushing food intake.

@krzyriver this might be a stretch  (hopefully) but I was wondering about the possibility if it triggering/aggravating spd? Anyone have experience there? Just a thought,  because I know that causes crazy pain and often pelvic rest. If it's not better tomorrow,  I would call and ask their thoughts at least. 
  • Options
    I also thought maybe the sex bothered your pelvis. Not a crazy idea. I hope you feel better within a few days!
  • Options
    @krzyriver just say you guys should have used more lube and you weren't sure if anything happened. Little less awkward! Good luck at your appointment! 
  • Options
    @krzyriver - A few phrases to try next time- rough sex and consensual activity.  (Yes, I know you were in a grey area of consent, but if you are okay with what happened and that it was unintentional and a misunderstanding, then that is all that matters.)
  • Options
    @krzyriver maybe it's just some bruising? TMI but When DH and I go for too long I start to dry out quick and it hurts but if he's close to finishing we keep going and I'm pretty sore after and sometimes the next day. Hopefully the pain goes away soon!!
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Consensual! That was the word I was looking for. I brain farted when she started grilling me. I'll definitely say that if I do have to go in, they'll be stricter at the hospital.

@mamabearcj I hope so, but the pain is up in my pelvis too. Although maybe that's from the weight of the baby pressing down on my sore groin?

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @linssears4 my husband works at ideal image. I was Doing laser hair removal and told my girl at 6w bc I had An appt. they won’t continue doing it 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone found shoes that they like and are working well with pregnancy feet. My favorite shoes are getting tight (they're sperry slip ons) and every pair I tried recently felt tight. I may need to go up a size or so...
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited June 2018
    @sammierose464 what kind of shoes? sneakers, work, etc?

edit to add commentary (and the usual disclaimer of that I work for a shoe/apparel company and am not here on behalf of it or to endorse our brand, this is just my personal opinion/experience):
    I'm addicted to knit shoes right now (which is now made by many companies), because within a week or so they'll expand to your foot. I've not had an issue with any of my knits being too small yet.
    Guys shoes also run wider without looking like a wide shoe.
    You can find some decent enough selections at Marshalls, Rack, Famous Footwear, etc - no need to break the bank.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I’ve been living in flip flops
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I just went up a size in my favorite shoes when I was pregnant with Z. Unfortunately my feet didn't quite go back to normal after I had him, so I was able to keep wearing them post-baby.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @sammierose464 just bought some shoes this weekend because my wedge pumps at work weren't cutting it anymore.

I ended up getting metallic mules for work, my foot is free from the back if it starts to swell, and the covered front helps hide my desperate need for a pedicure. I got these

For home and weekends I got the sketchers yoga sandals since it's like wearing a sock with looooots of stretch! 
  • Options
    @nikimelon Those yoga sandals look comfy! Do you know if they have good support? I need something for in the house since my home is all wood floors and my plantar fasciitis is killing me!!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @krzyriver they feel pretty supportive, the top layer of the sole is like a yoga mat and the bottom layer is a harder rubber, but i've only been wearing them since this weekend. I was wearing flip flops before and these are way more comfortable.

The reviews are pretty promising as well!
  • Options
    @krzyriver - I have a similar pair from Sketchers, and I absolutely love them for my plantar fascitis. The soles are squishy in exactly the right way for me. 
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    edited June 2018
    I caved an bought ugly Nike flip flops that have extra support/ cushion as I have trouble with my planter fascitfas as well. The thought of squishing my swallon feet into my cute summer shoes is horrific
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Something casual but I can wear to work, more sandle like. I can get away with nicer flip flops.
  • Options
    Hahah @chyvie I need a dislike button! ;) But I think I know exactly which ones you're talking about :)
  • Options
    Sold! H still owes me a Mother's Day present! :D

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    I might have to take time at DSW or somewhere this weekend.

I am curious who you work for @chopchop25
  • Options
    @sammierose464 That's actually reassuring! I figured the cat was out of the bag awhile ago - meaning not blatantly obvious but if any lurker figured out where I lived and looked at one or two other posts they could figure it out.
  • Options
    Don't hate me, but I'm still not having an issue with shoes yet! But I do notice my feet are more swollen at the end of the day, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time. sigh.
  • Options
    @jemmerjams I haven't noticed any swelling yet either. I am worried everything will swell overnight and I will be forced to do crazy things to get my wedding ring off. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure I know where given some history elsewhere in the forum, @chopchop25 ;)
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth I take mine off each night, so I should notice when they get tighter...but I do have some silicone rings that fit slightly looser that I may have to start using later this summer!
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I'm excited for my fingers to swell because my wedding rings are way to big from losing 30 lbs over the last two years. I'm scared they will slip off sometimes so swelling will make them fit better!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @chopchop25 they aren't that ugly I guess but way more sporty/ chunky than I'm used to. Plus the brand thing is not my thing
    They are super confy tho! 

Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    @chopchop25 your secret’s safe with me :wink:
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I have a vague idea, but I don't think I've pinpointed which company lol

I've been wearing my silicone ring for weeks now. My poor fingers won't let me put on my engagement or wedding ring :(
  • Options
    My wedding and engagement rings are slightly big, I've only woken up once with swollen fingers but I had a too tight hair tie on that wrist when I fell asleep. As soon as my rings start to get snug they're coming off. My engagement ring was my grams and if I had to cut it off my mom wouldn't forgive me 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried an epsom salt bath for the swelling?