October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 6/8

Re: Questions 6/8

• Options
    Two questions! 
    1: does anyone else feel nauseous after laying down for a little bit?
    2: when do the "crazy pickle and ice cream cravings" kick in?? I can't tell you how many times people have asked me what crazy stuff I'm craving and I'm literally not...
  • Options
    @mamabearcj
    1) Just recently has that been happening to me but idk why. It's really annoying though, I couldn't sleep the other night because it kept happening.

2) I never had any weird cravings with DS or this pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2: when do the "crazy pickle and ice cream cravings" kick in?? I can't tell you how many times people have asked me what crazy stuff I'm craving and I'm literally not...
    I want to know this too!  I mean, like I always love ice cream, and I am seeking it out a bit more often now.  But really, I haven’t had any experiences where “I want this food and I want it now, no matter how crazy it sounds!”

Also- I was meh on pickles before pregnancy, and I’m still pretty much meh on them.  

(FYI - no to your first question for me.)
  • Options
    @mamabearcj I’ve decided that’s a myth! Besides mixing my broccoli with mac n cheese last night I haven’t eaten anything weird. And normal people eat cheesy broccoli pasta stuff right? 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj I’m getting that question all the time, too! I don’t think strawberries count as a weird craving, but it’s the answer I give. At least they are delicious :) 
  • Options
    Broccoli and Mac & Cheese is only odd if you think it is.  There is even a frozen entree from Amy’s that is cheesy pasta and broccoli (one of my favorites!).

Now, when you start telling us about salmon on your peanut butter and bananas, I might look askance at you.  
  • Options
    I've been getting that question so much. And I have no response. I haven't craved anything weird, and nothing strong like I must have it now, but I do just allow myself to maybe eat a little more and not skip any opportunities for dessert.
  • Options
    I generally eat more pickles when i'm pregnant because it helps with heartburn, but i wouldn't say i crave them....I think people just want to be humored.  You should make up crazy demands and see how far people will go to appease you.  
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The only real craving I had with DD was french dip sandwiches. Which is kind of funny, because that's what my mom craved when she was pregnant with me!

This time I haven't so much had cravings, just things that sound good. But nothing that I have to jump up and run to the store to get.
  • Options
    I generally eat more pickles when i'm pregnant because it helps with heartburn, but i wouldn't say i crave them....I think people just want to be humored.  You should make up crazy demands and see how far people will go to appease you.  
    New plan!!!
  • Options
    @mamabearcj I haven't had weird craving with any of my pregnancies. I loved pickles before getting pregnant and love them now.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    You should make up crazy demands and see how far people will go to appease you.  
    Guncle mentioned the other day that I had asked for anything too crazy (apparently crashing at his place for a month is standard fare?).  But I told him I still wanted friends after Blast is born, and probably need them more then anyway!
  • Options
    I always mix veggies with my mac and cheese...so not weird! 

People keep asking me the same question regarding cravings...um none? Some things just taste really good (salt, sour cream, fruit, ice cream) and others don't (meat, veggies). And it depends on the week what tastes good...I hated coffee and chocolate first trimester, and now they are delicious.
  • Options
    I’ve been way more into spicy foods this pregnancy for sure, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a craving... it’s just if I see the word “spicy” on the menu, chances are I’m getting it. I’ve also been eating a ton of peanut butter. 
  • Options
    When I was pregnant a long time ago, I craved canned spinach. That was the only weird craving I ever had. Other than that it’s usually smoothies or chicken tenders. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    +1 to peanut butter.  
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    edited June 2018
    @mamabearcj I haven’t had any weird cravings with this pregnancy, and I didn’t with DD or DS. With DS I ate a lot of potatoes (in all forms) and jalapeños, but I had HG and those were the only things I could stomach. With DD I woke up at 2am every morning to eat 3 bowls of cereal, but it wasn’t a weird craving, just a really weird time to eat cereal. 

This time I’ve just wanted things I can’t have, like chicken flautas from this place in San Diego that I went to last year (I live in Texas) and a BBQ bacon cheeseburger from a little hole in the wall bar 4 hours away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I love adding broccoli to my mac and cheese - makes it more guilt free ;) 
    I eat peanut butter almost every day pre- pregnancy and now. 
    I think the ice cream is my biggest craving. I never bought it before and now I buy it by the boat load! LOL
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    With DD I craved pickles and milk - like would chug a gallon of milk. This one, no cravings so far, just aversions!
  • Options
    I've always been more of a salt/carbs girl. But since I've been pregnant, I've had a serious sweet tooth! I crave all the sweet things now.
  • Options

Ive always said that “cravings” are pregnant women requesting the only thing that sounds appealing.
    Agreed...  It doesn't seem like a craving exactly, just what doesn't sound terrible to me at the time. The weird thing about it though is that it changes. One week, it might be tacos, next week, it'll be pizza. I have been really liking spicy stuff right now tho...

Question I had from my Dr appt today. I told the Dr about the shortness of breath, tightness just below my ribcage, fatigue, so she decided to do a CBC, along with my glucose test. They called while I was napping and left a message saying my glucose test looked fine and the Dr wants me to up my fluid intake. She said to drink water and Gatorade every other time. She didn't say anything about my iron levels, so I'm guessing it was fine. Has anyone been told to drink Gatorade like that? Is it for the electrolytes? 
    I am going  to call in the morning, and hopefully talk to someone who knows what's up. 
    I did ask this in the Friday ticker change, too, just thought it might be seen by more here. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    @coffee-saur not a doctor, but my first thought was it's for electrolytes.
  • Options
    I double checked and the voicemail definitely says alternate between Gatorade and water. I'm going to try Pedialyte, that's a good idea. I can't stand the taste of 0 calorie stuff, so just less sugar sounds infinitely more appealing. 
    @sliztee did your post have a pic or something? My phone is having personality issues and won't load most pics or gifs anymore : :(
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    My thought was also electrolytes, but yeah - that is a lot of sugar.  +1 to pedialyte.  
  • Options
    Haha yes @coffee-saur, it was a gif of a character from Idiocracy saying, “It’s got electrolytes.”
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited June 2018
    @coffee-saur another alternative...I drink coconut water every time a dr tells me to drink gatorade. Gatorade usually has gluten in it or has fake sugars. I water my coconut water down because I think it's too sweet already.
  • Options
    With my son, I only wanted chips and salsa. The hotter the better. With this pregnancy, subway sounds good everyday. Nothing too crazy!
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited June 2018
    Doesn’t Smartwater have electrolytes?

Okay, an embarrassing question bc I feel like a moron...how is everyone maintaining the bikini line area as the bump grows? I’ve never waxed before so not planning to start now, but it’s getting harder with a growing bump!
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I go to a waxer, but I've heard some people have there significant other shave for them. DH has offered but the thought of it scares me lol
  • Options
    The nurse at my office told me to do Pedialyte. I add some apple juice to help cut the taste. For a while I was doing a glass of that a day.
  • Options
    I water down my Gatorade (half and half)
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I get the low sugar Gatorade. But I hate water so I know G is bad but it’s what I’m able to do to keep up my liquid. 
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I’m slightly embarrassed to say it’s been pretty neglected! Luckily I can still see the bikini lines so that hasn’t been too big of an issue yet, but for the rest of it, I’ve just done the best I can when I feel like it. I also bought a skirted tankini so I don’t have to worry about it  :D
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @chopchop25

Depending on how close a shave you want- I use clippers like in a barber shop. It isn’t razor close, but I don’t have pubic hair curling out from under my swimsuit.  
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I have been just using my electric razor to keep it not so wild. I can barely see it umlunl I pull bump aside.  
    DH calls it my wookie  :D 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018