October 2018 Moms

UO 5/17

1235»

Re: UO 5/17

• HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited May 2018
    We heard that too and so we have Santa bring small gifts and any big gift comes from Mom and Dad. That being said we keep gift giving pretty tight. My family was on public assistance growing up so I try to keep gifts meaningful and not ostentatious.

We are not religious but I do love me some Christmas. It’s nice family time. We did an easter basket for dd too and took her to an egg hunt. We consider it pretty secular.
  • I've been getting more into giving experiences. I took my siblings to the Henry Ford Museum this past year to see the Disney Pixar exhibit. SS went too and they loved it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottieamusements That's an awesome idea!!! My mom mentioned wanting to start a savings for baby bear and I might mention it to the in laws as well and say instead of  multiple or big gifts that a fund would be astronomically more beneficial for when they grow up. Toys last a couple months or years but that college money will set them up for a life long career 
  • Might be a UO, might not lol I know some did watch the royal wedding, I just checked some recaps but I really didn't like Megan's dress... It didn't have a nice fit to it and being as simple as it was it could've been shaped a lot nicer.. also why invite so many damn celebrities and exes?! Tacky.. 
  • I’m with you on the dress.  I loved the veil though.  
  • I heard that she had lost a ton of weight from stress, so that probably had s lot to do with it. I thought both dresses weren't fitted properly. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • That tiara tho! 
  • I literally give zero S’s about the royal wedding....
  • The fit was off and also I thought the fabric was weirdly thick. If it’d been a thinner fabric it would’ve suited her better. Agreed on the veil though. That was gorgeous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf ya know I couldn't put my finger on what I didn't like about her dress, but that's it, it was too thick! I agree, a thinner fabric would have been much better.

I loved her veil and tiara though!
  • The dress wasn't my style but I think she looked gorgeous. I'm more confused about why the queen wore lime green and Kate wore cream. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015