TTC After a Loss
Options

Random thoughts thread?

Re: Random thoughts thread?

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly That sucks, but hopefully you will get in enough BDing before O day, or H can change his trip.  That make me laugh about your v/m!  I like being hard to find at work ;)
  • Options
    I really need to stop lurking on my "what if" month boards, but it's nice to see so many TTCAL ladies over on the January board.  I got my first free kit of goodies in the mail yesterday.  That sucked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, that's painful. those unexpected reminders of what should gave been. I lurked Jan too. Made me happy to see them there but then all the "newbies" I recognized from TTC made me sad. Why is it so easy for some? I know some of you have been at this longer then me and my length of time trying is nothing compared, but these 1/1 really drive me nuts .
  • Options
    Yep, it's tough.  Great to see some of the ladies there who have had a long, hard journey.  Hopefully we'll all be there soon....
  • Options
    lin0442lin0442 member
    Weirdly enough, I was a 1/1 before my first loss (though I never posted on TTGP, just lurked). Now I’m a 26/18. 

What a wretched couple of years. 
  • Options
    I can imagine it's frustrating for it to happen quickly the first time and then take so long the second (and especially after a loss).
  • Options
    lin0442lin0442 member
    @prpl11butterfly Yeah, I haven’t managed to have a baby yet (apologies if my post was ambiguous- I lost the 1/1 pg at 13 weeks). It was tough realizing after losing my first pregnancy that I just wasn’t getting ku in a ‘normal’ amount of time since my expectations were so skewed.

It was also *really* tough to get my OB to take me seriously since it was so ‘easy’ for us and the usual tests were normal. I guess my point(?) is that things go sideways for the 1/1s out there, too. I totally get what you mean about them, though! All that being said, they drive me nuts too. 
  • Options
    No ambiguity, I knew what you meant. I know things don't always go well for them. I just really envy their care free attitude and ease at which they can be excited. We will never get that back since having losses. Even now, I'm terrified of getting a BFP because I'm terrified to go through another loss. I'm going to be an anxious disaster.
  • Options
    I unpacked a chicken to roast last night and the smell was disgusting.  Obviously the store had put the wrong "best by" date on it.  So when H went to exchange it for a non-nasty one, I may or may not have Googled how early sensitivity to smell starts in early pregnancy, knowing full well that it wasn't at 2DPO!  I'm not a crazy person...normally.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I’ve been nauseated since 2 DPO and of course I know it doesn’t appear that early but how cruel can our bodies be giving us these false signals all the damn time. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Totally unfair.  When I'm not ttc, I don't think anything of it.  When I am, it's like every little thing "could" be a good sign.  As if everyone can't smell a rotten chicken!  I hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    I hate that preg and one symptoms are so similar. It's a cruel joke.
  • Options
    And if you squeeze your boobs enough to see if they're sore...guess what, they'll be sore.  Happy no one has walked by my office recently.  :D
  • Options
    Lol @bakerstreetboys we do need to find hobbies in the TWW.  
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    Every month I tell myself I’m not going to SS or POAS early and every month I do it. I just want to be that special snowflake that’s gets a BFP eight days early LOL 
  • Options
    @char245 I wanna be a snowflake too. I mean, THAT snowflake, not the one I already am :)

@mack2342 and @bakerstreetboys Even though I have this wedding coming up I am having to find other interests and hobbies to keep me distracted. Lately it's been swimming.
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    Ha, I’m in WTO, 100% not pg and I still have sore boobs and a heightened sense of smell. Not to mention I was spotting for the last couple cycles. I am diligently recording all these “symptoms” as a reality check so that when I reach TWW I will NOT assume I’m pg, because it obviously happens when you’re not pg too. Watch this all go straight out the window during TWW, I know I’ll drive myself ss crazy anyway.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Seriously, all my Google searches this week are popping up purple, which means I've googled them in the past. You think I would learn. What's even funnier is I need to read them again. Just to see.....
  • Options
    Yeesss.  I know what you all mean.  This month, I decided I'm not testing early,  SS, or anything.   Yeah right,  that lasted like 3 days.   I had some cramps,  I just knew it was implantation cramps.....did all sorts of googling...turns out I just needed to poop.
  • Options
    So just found out last night that the crazy cousin I mentioned in the weekly update is moving back to town. And just super excited that he'll be living with his grandmother (my great aunt, a mere 1 mile from my house) until he and his wife buy a house in the next town over. Ughhhhh.
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @prpl11butterfly that’s terrible! Is he still a problem? Is his wife normal?
  • Options
    He's still an a$$ from what I hear, even from his aunt's and a few other cousins. But we do not interact at all. I refuse. All the years have gone by and not one of them (him, his mother, sister, or step father) have reached out to apologize for how they acted. They were all involved in letting it go on and or blaming me for his actions. His brother always tried to stop him and he and I talk when we bump into one another. I know the step father is ashamed because he won't even look at me, hangs his head when he sees me coming. 

I've never spoken to the wife but my mom has and says she's surprised at how down to earth and sweet she is. My gram thinks her and I would get along great. Sounds like many are surprised she's still with him. Makes me wonder about how he is with her....
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    Hey ladies, what does 1/1 mean? (Or 26/18).
    @prpl11butterfly that's tough news, do you think he may cause problems again? 
    Just had an appt with a naturopath. Going to try to get my body as healthy as it can be. Lot of added supplements and going to do a cleanse. 
  • Options
    @40momma no, I don't think he will cause more problems. I just prefer not to be around him. Being in town means there are times when our paths could cross unexpectedly and I hate being caught off gaurd.

As for the 1/1 that's how many months/cycles you've been TTC. Sometimes they are different due to loss (mine for example is 9/7 because we had the loss in there) and other times it's because of having longer cycles.

Hope that all the changes help and you get a BFP soon!
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @prpl11butterfly for your sake I hope he moves out of your town quickly! 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Last night I realised that the start of my FW is our 4yr anniversary. I also realized that H would not have been home for said anniversary had it not been the start of the FW. 

Edited because words are hard. Send coffee.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly That worked out well!  Double bonus ;)
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    Tonight I played Bunco with the women in my neighborhood. No joke, 5 out if the 20 are pregnant... it was a rough night. 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @char245 That's terrible! 

Yesterday I was watching a local parade, and a highly pregnant woman with the cutest toddler placed herself next to me. Just as she did, I got what are probably the worst AF cramps I've ever had. 

Worst part? Her toddler was named Starren. Starren! That's not even a name. You'd think natural selection would have removed people who name their kids Starren from the playing field.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Wow. What a name.... I can't stand some of the names people come up with lately.
  • Options
    Anyone have fun plans for weekend?
  • Options
    It's been quiet here lately. Whats everyone up to?
  • Options
    Went to a painting class last night.
  • Options
    Went to go see Oceans 8. A nice break from thinking about the D&C. Four days out today - feeling like I’m in a hormonal funk/crash - assuming that’s normal?  
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges hormonal funk/crash is normal.  

• Options
    We had a low key wkd.  I went and got haircut and highlights yesterday.  Today we have to go to memorial service for DHs aunt 
  • Options
    @drewsdarlin I've always wanted to do one of those paint things. What did you paint?

@obsessedwithoranges how was that? The cast looks stellar and I told DH I want to see it. Hormonal funk is totally normal and could take a while to level out.

@mack2342 sorry for your loss. A trip to the salon sounds great!

We went to the zoo yesterday so today is household/errand day. DH is out power washing our deck table. I'm doing some online shopping for the kids while DS is passed out on the couch.
  • Options
    Low key weekend, helping my best friend at her dance companies recital today. Being in charge of 13 3/4 years olds is no joke! Haha. 
  • Options
    @drewsdarlin I've always wanted to do one of those paint things. What did you paint?

@obsessedwithoranges how was that? The cast looks stellar and I told DH I want to see it. Hormonal funk is totally normal and could take a while to level out.

@mack2342 sorry for your loss. A trip to the salon sounds great!

We went to the zoo yesterday so today is household/errand day. DH is out power washing our deck table. I'm doing some online shopping for the kids while DS is passed out on the couch.
    Last night was a painting of Van Gogh with Tardis from Doctor who on painting. 

@Mack2342 Sorry for your loss