TTC After a Loss

Random thoughts thread?

edited February 2018 in TTC After a Loss
Is anyone open to having a thread where we can post somewhat random things?  Thought about books, movies, life, whatever!  I hesitated to start a new post because I’m pretty new here, but these threads seem popular on some other boards :)

Re: Random thoughts thread?

• I think it's a great idea, something less stressful than TTCAL
  • Agreed that this is a great idea! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds good to me! 
  • I'll bite! :)
    Happy Holiday to you all!!!
    bill murray groundhog GIF

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• What are some of your favorite dishes/sides to make for the super bowl? We’re hosting some family on Sunday and I think we have the meats covered, but need to figure out some sides. 
  • @pumpkinpancake 7 layer dip! So easy and 7 good. Refried beans on the bottom. Then a sourcream/cream cheese blend, then guacamole, salsa, black olives, Roma tomatoes and shredded cheese. A few green onions sprinkled on top for colour. 
  • @pumpkinpancake any type chip and dip!  My very favorite to have for get togethers like that is taco soup in the Crock-Pot. 

After mentioning the above my random is - how perfect to have the crock pot going for sunday's This is Us. 
  • @pumpkinpancake What about potato or pasta salad?  I love greek pasta salad, and it's super easy to make!

The halftime show should be good this year!

@40momma Yum, layered dips are so good!

I'm so glad it's Friday!  It's -29 here with the wind chill and I just want to hibernate inside. I'm long overdue for a hair cut and colour, so I'm looking forward to that tomorrow :)   

• chelletn said:
    @pumpkinpancake any type chip and dip!  My very favorite to have for get togethers like that is taco soup in the Crock-Pot. 

After mentioning the above my random is - how perfect to have the crock pot going for sunday's This is Us. 

Too funny!  I don't even watch the show (don't think I could handle it), but all of the radio stations are talking about the upcoming crock pot episode!
  • @pumpkinpancake I love the 7 layered dip @40momma mentioned.  Chicken jalapeño popper dip is good. 

@bakerstreetboys I so enjoy being pampered and getting my hair done.   I’m going on date night with DH and some other couples tonight. I seriously thought about seeing if my hair stylist could curl my hair lol.  She puts beach waves in my hair when I get it cut and I for the life of me can’t do it 
  • @Mack2342 Have fun tonight!  I’m the same way; I swear my stylist uses magic to keep me coming back because I can’t make my hair look half as good as he does!
  • I seriously need my greys covered lol.  I was lucky to get the early grays in my family - first one at 25 years old.  Now I have way too many and I have black hair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh and our pup who is almost 9 months old is set to get spayed in 3 weeks.  well this morning I noticed some blood on the bed and automatically think its myself but then realized it's her.  I've never had to deal with dogs in heat before so I went out to buy some baby diapers and oh geez all the emotions came and I almost started crying in walgreens.
  • @vlagrl29 that would be hard to buy  :'(. As a side note Petco or any pet store carries dog diapers for that. It has a hole for the tail which can be helpful. 
  • @vlagrl29 your post just brought back such memories for me because one of my aunts when I was growing up had a dog that she needed to put diapers on every month, and for some reason it just stuck out in my memory. 

I decided to treat myself to lunch today because I was good and brought my lunch to work all the other days this week... I got a burger and fries, and it was wrong, but it was soooo right. :wink:
  • Now I really want 7 layer dip.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • So we order our groceries from Kroger and I went to pick them up this morning.  Putting them away we found a box of condoms in the bad. We didn’t order them.  Is someone trying to tell us something 
  • oh I wish there was a laughing button I could push @mack2342 - how bizarre.  When my RE suggested I sit this cycle out and use condoms my face was like wtf?  We haven't bought any in such a long time.
  • @vlagrl29 it was funny. I asked DH if he added that to the order.  I can send you a box lol
  • @Mack2342 What a strange bonus from the store ;)  I don't miss those....
  • bwahaha @mack2342 - no thanks!  I hated those things!  Once we got married we just used the pull out technique and it worked well.
  • Ugh what is wrong with me?! I just almost started crying watching an episode of Scrubs... 
  • I hate Monday’s!
  • @Mack2342 It's so hard to get up when it's still dark out!  Mondays are on my list of things I don't like, but it's Tuesdays that kill me!

Also, woohoo for an Eagles win yesterday!!

• I suffered through that while game or at a friends and had to drive 40 min home after... didn’t fall right to sleep... and we have our monthly after school staff meeting in a few.  Heaven help me.
  • Anybody watch This is Us?

SPOILER ALERT

I cried the. whole. hour.  Holy heck.  I think I really got going the hardest when Kate was saying at the end that her dad was so patient with her and then she found Toby and he was the same way.... I looked at my husband and said "You're my tooobyyyy" all ugly cry style.  I'm sure he was really into it.  Cute.  
  • @ccvslp I watched it last night and ugly cried the whole episode.  Didn’t help that yesterday was my dads birthday and died from a heart attack when I was 6 so extra emotional.  
  • Oh my goodness, @Mack2342.  I’m so sorry.  That must have made it unbelievably hard to watch.  
  • @ccvslp definitely should’ve watched on another day.  But I love that show 
  • 2 hour delay this morning!
  • We have a snow day!  Ten inches or so coming in this afternoon into tonight; it’s snowing lightly already.  I didn’t realize there was ANOTHER episode this week so after sleeping in ridiculously late I think I’ll go watch it and cry into my oatmeal.
  • @ccvslp love the snow day.  I work for government so rarely get delays or snow days
  • We have to be getting a couple of feet of snow before they let us go home early!  Otherwise, it's just business as usual and spending two hours sitting in traffic on the drive home!
  • Does anyone have plans for the weekend?  
  • We traveled to MI yesterday to visit my family.  They got 6 inches of snow yesterday so didn’t do anything once we got here.  
  • @Mack2342 I hope you find something to do and have a nice visit!  We have at least a foot of snow now too; makes me want to hibernate!
  • @bakerstreetboys supposed to snow again today and tomorrow here.  We will probably just stay in house most of time with family but venturing out this morning for breakfast.  We had zero snow at home when we left and only live in OH 
  • So weird reading about you guys and a bunch of my friends struggling with snow. I'm in the PNW and daffodils are starting to bud everywhere! I grew up with a bunch of snow in winter, don't miss it at all. Spring will be here soon for all of us, hopefully.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I am so OVER winter.  It’s raining today... ice everywhere and cold and gloomy.  Snow still everywhere with that nice dirty look now.  Soon it’ll all become mud.  I honestly wonder if my mental health would be so much better/more optimistic if I lived in a warmer and sunnier climate.  If I didn’t love the lake and we hadn’t gone through so much with our house I’d be seriously considering it!
  • I'm usually thrilled to see Friday arrive, but we don't have any real plans this weekend so I feel like I'm going to just sit around all weekend waiting for AF.  I'm super emotional and could eat all the carbs, so maybe it's PMS and I won't have to wait much longer!  I had this thought of a cartoon version of myself sitting in a TTC jail cell, marking off the days on a wall.  29 days post D&C and no period yet....