Infertility

April 2018 IUI

124»

Re: April 2018 IUI

• @smittyswifey I'm so sorry about the bfn. I'm with you on saying that this is all so frustrating. But we still move forward and it is our way of showing that we are still so hopeful. Hang in there.

@wine_mama16 I haven't been on that combo before. I hope you get the info you need.
  • Well shoot...had another ultrasound yesterday and they only grew to about 16...but I had 2 follicles and they were about the same size.  So my OB recommended we try again next month and we just have home intercourse over the weekend.  What an emotional roller coaster this whole process is!  I have a low AMH (0.4) and they told me that it was encouraging that I had 2 grow so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for the future.  :)

Me: 40, AMH 0.4  DH: 32
    Married: 7/30/17
    TTC since: 4/2017
    IUI #1: planned for 4/2018 - cancelled due to insufficient follicle size/growth.  :(
    IUI #2: 5/22/18 - BFN
    IUI #3: 6/22/18
    BFP: 7/4/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @jules3978 Sorry you had cancelled this month. I know the feeling, my IUI last Feb was too. But anyway, procreating the natural way is my first choice ;) GL with the BD and hope next month would be your month. 
  • Starting to get antsy and wanting to take a pregnancy test! We triggered last Saturday at noon and inseminated last Sun and Mon.  Getting the itch!!!! HELP! :neutral:

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Oh @rooonilwaazlib it's still too early :smile: Hang in there <3
  • well ... 14dpo and a BFN on an internet cheapie.  temp still high.  no symptoms whatsoever (AF or otherwise).
    bleh.  I know I should give up hope with the BFN this late but the temp staying up is messing with my mind.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping ugh so sorry to hear that :(.  These little things we pick up on can confuse us, especially when we are looking so hard!  Sending you love and strength to start this crazy train all over again

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• @wishing-and-hoping ugh! I know this is all so confusing. I'm sorry to hear about the bfn but during the time I've been on this board and learning about others' experience, I learned that anything can happen. I'm hoping that it's just a late implanter. Take care of yourself today <3
  • and still no temp drop and still negative.  i guess it could be the progesterone dragging this out?  but in the past my temps have always dropped and AF starts even while on progesterone.  this is the day I expect AF to start so time will tell. 
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping sorry to hear it is dragging out on you. FX for a BFP for you! I felt AF symptoms on Tuesday, and sure enough I had beta testing Wednesday morning to confirm it was a negative. Back on the IUI train for one more try before heading to IVF in June. We considered jumping to IVF right now, but I just don't know what the right decision is.
  • Thinking of you today @wishing-and-hoping This day of waiting for AF to come or not is truly a numbing experience. The mix of emotions affect us really much. I just hope that you'd get a lot of distractions so you won't  be too wrapped up with this wait and I'm also hoping for AF to stay away.

@sfield21 I'm so sorry for the bfn. 

I'm also going to do one more IUI. I thought this month's one was the last for me as my dr originally suggested 3 iui's before we go back to IVF. But as DH and I went back to her for my CD9 u/s, she immediately discussed the number of follies she saw and steps for my next IUI, as if she forgot that we had already done the 3 she proposed. I asked DH, "are we doing another IUI?" In front of dr and prob upon hearing this she realized that we were there not for another IUI so she asked us if we wanted to step up. Clearly she forgot what she told us at the beginning of this year. Anyway, since the holiday here in Japan is coming up, it's hard to do IVF this time so IUI#4 it is.
  • Well, I just had my second IUI of this month. First one was on 4/1 and I had a BFN on 4/15. My cycle was really short this month which is why we were able to try again so soon. Fingers crossed this one takes. Hoping I don’t have to go the IVF route just yet. Here’s to another tww!
  • @smittyswifey wishing you the best of luck for this IUI!! 

Im sorry to see a few bfns this cycle. Keep your head up ladies- I know it’s incredibly hard and tough and it tests everything we have but we are stronger than we think. 

I had day cd12 ultrasound this morning, I had three dominant follicles at 14 & 15mm so we will trigger tomrorow morning, my husband is doing the trigger and is not amazing with needles so wish us luck! IUI will be on Sunday morning. On my way back from the ultrasound I feel down the stairs at the subway and badly sprained my ankle, it’s the size of a tennis ball and I’ll be in crutches for 2 weeks - this will make for a very interesting IUI. SIGH. 
  • Just stopping by to say I am thinking of all of you and hoping for BFPs for everyone!
  • @rmartin_ttc How are you guys doing? <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• ****TW****

12/13 DPO and I got my first BFP ever this morning at 5:20am and I cannot believe my eyeballs. We used our last FRER and the line appeared after a minute! We took one on Thurs (when I was feeling weak) and there was the faiiiintest phantom line that I convinced myself was either my trigger shot or was not really there. Beta test to confirm on Monday. EEEEKKKK

• @rooonilwaazlib sqeeeeeee!!!! This is such a happy news!!! I'm excited to see the numbers on Monday! <3<3<3
  • @rooonilwaazlib What precious news! I'm so happy for you <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @tinjp78 omg, your doctor!  Sounds like you have a great "go-with-the-flow" attitude about it, and who knows!  Maybe this fourth "bonus" you is the charm!  :D will be rooting so hard for you...  <3 <3 <3
  • Haha! Thanks @BusinessWife The "go-with-the-flow" term is one way to view this, although at that time I was feeling more like "my-brain's-empty-do-anything-you-want-with-me"... :smiley:

But I'm strongly hoping for good things and I'm not giving up. Thanks to all of you and your stories, I always see some light at the end of the tunnel <3
  • @rooonilwaazlib that's great news!  keeping the hope alive.

AFM, BFN this month and AF started saturday, which was ~2 days late, which was pretty annoying, but it is what it is.  we'll try again.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    @wishing-and-hoping noooooo! I'm so sorry AF arrived. IF really sucks. I'll be rooting for you on your next try. ((hugs))
  • @rooonilwaazlib I'm crossing everything that you get good news!

@tinjp78 This whole process is so frustrating and I'm really hoping the 4th times the lucky number for you.

@lizzynyc11 I can't imagine dealing with a swollen ankle during the 2WW. Those days can drag as it is so being layed up stinks. I hope your IUI went well!

AFM, I went in for an ultrasound and my follicles didn't mature enough to trigger. This happened last month as well so my Dr suggested we do clomid by itself with no progesterone. I will go back in next Tuesday for an ultrsound and see if there was any progress. If these medications don't seem to be working he suggested we do one of two options - IVF or medications mixed with injectibles. I'm just trying to stay positive, but at the same time I feel incredibly frustrated that my body doesn't seem to be reacting to any medications.   
  • @wine_mama16 thanks!  My initial beta results were good yesterday!  hCG = 113 and progesterone = 17.4.  Repeating bloodwork tomorrow AM and hopeful for higher #s <3

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    @rooonilwaazlib wooohooo! I'm happy to see those numbers. Fx for tomorrow's beta :smiley:

@wine_mama16  Sorry your follies aren't cooperating this month. I hope your dr would be able to give you solutions that'd work this time. I'm also hoping that whichever option you choose from the 2 suggested by your dr, it would be the one that'd bring you your miracle. I'm also staying positive for you.

Afm, DH and I are on our way to the clinic for his training on how to inject meds on me. He looks soooo excited!!!! And me, im just plain nervous. :neutral:
  • lalebelalebe member
    Hi guys, I had an IUI on April 11th (in LA) and found out on April 25th that I am pregnant. Six weeks now. I had taken clomid in that cycle which resulted in 4 follicles. I was really happy but got also a bit worried when I had my BFP because I started reading about selective reduction which I had not even known about before the IUI. Today we went for a first ultrasound and it turnes out that there is only one baby :-).

Congratulations to everyone with a BFP!

And a lot of strength, courage and babydust to all the other ones. Do not give up! 

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    Hello @lalebe Congratulations on the BFP and thanks for your well wishes for us still struggling with IF. Your story is truly encouraging for me. Now that you've surpassed one major hurdle, I would suggest that you jump into the PAIF board to get the best support you'll need for this stage in your pregnancy. I'm sure you'd be in good hands in there :wink: GL!