July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 4/23

1235»

Re: Weekday Randoms 4/23

• My toddler is also part dog. And cat. I had to put the cat food out of his reach for the longest and he’s forgotten about it now.. But it’s a neverending battle at doggy breakfast/dinner when DS wants to feed him but also wants to steal stragglers that don’t make it into the bowl.

@zande2016 my check engine light was just on for the same reason! I was livid that I just bought the car and it already had issues, but I guess DH overfilled the gas somehow and the fumes set off a warning. 

@SmashJam icccckkkk I can’t handle ticks. They were so bad last year! I know two dogs and one person that all got Lyme disease in one season. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @acunamatada Oh no! Yeah the dogs get Lyme vaccines, and ds had one embed last year but no Lyme, thank God! I had two embed but they were babies and hadn't been there long they were still small. 

A friend and I are splitting chicks. One of the 6 dies she's assuming it's mine  wants me to get a replacement for the dead one and she said I'll keep 2 she'll have 3 and sell the replacement bird. This seems ogf. All the birds are at her house so she does extra work but we didn't hash this out before hand and split all the feed and cost 50/50. She also has 20 birds and existing birds alr3ady laying, this is my starter flock. Thoughts?
  • @wildtot that’s awesome you get to meet with an L&D nurse!  I love the hospital tour.  It’s so exciting to think of being there soon to have your baby.  I know my hospital really well (my MFM office is in the hospital) but I think I’m going to do it again this time lol.  I’m attempting to go med free this time so I have questions regarding that that I’ve never cared to ask about before.

@SmashJam I’m terrified of ticks.  So a vag tick is a literal nightmare lol.  My DH’s cousin’s daughter caught Lyme disease from a tick and it really freaks me out to think of my kids (or myself or DH) getting bit by one.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are cleaning out the garage today.  Well, DH is doing most of it because 90% of it is his tools and other crap so I’m mostly delegating lol.  But it’s making this nesting mama happy! 
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I’m actually a bit jelly to possibly not be in the laboring room and use their amenities there with the c section and all. They have a jet tub!
    I definitely encourage to ask your hospitals if they offer some direct meeting with a nurse. It’s nice to get feedback from someone who does it day after day and longer than a regular doctor appointment. 
  • Welp there goes my mother’s day weekend. DH has to get his toe nail removed that Saturday. I’ll probably have to stick around to play nurse as usual.
  • @sarafuss I'm so jealous of your garage cleaning! We are spring cleaning the house and staging all the recycling/donations/trash in the garage, and THEN we'll organize the garage when we are finished throwing all that away. I decided the house needed to good purge before we tackled the garage.

@wildtot ugh that sounds like something that could be pushed to a different weekend! Unless his toenail is a festering horrid mess and that's the earliest they've got. 

Regarding horrible tick stories I myself do not have one, just your basic getting bit and removing it which is gross, but a pediatrician in one of the playgroups I go to said her daughter had horrible ear pain one day and they went in to check it out...there was a tick in there. Like, huge, engorged, attached to her inner ear. It hadn't bothered her until it got big enough to not have any room left in her ear, so it had been there FOR WEEKS. Or at least days. THAT'S a nightmare. 
  • @SmashJam yeah could but it won’t. He just wants to get it done all of a sudden (it’s been 6 years!) i couldn’t go to his appointment because he didn’t want DS to go crazy so i stayed back as he napped in the car. Lots of things have to be on his schedule and I’m usually the one bending over backwards to make it work. I pick my battles on this because it’s always the same deal. It’s just a toe so hopefully it’s not like the man cold and i can still do something. 

• tarheelgirl8tarheelgirl8 member
    edited April 2018
    Random post but I wanted to share something I learned this morning.  I’ve been reading about transitioning DD to forward facing.  She’s 2.5 but 34lbs, so weight wise I’d rather keep her RF.  Unfortunately it just won’t fit that way with an infant car seat too.  Anyways, I always knew that the middle was the safest place and you should put the most vulnerable child there.  What I hadn’t thought about was that DD in a FF car seat is actually more vulnerable than baby RFing.  Im going to do more research but food for thought for all you folks adding another car seat to the mix.

https://thecarseatlady.com/top10/

ETA for clarity:  so the recommendation seems to be that the older (FF) kid be in the middle vs the baby
  • @tarheelgirl8 makes sense! Good to know! I’m surprised the convertible won’t fit RF but a bucket seat does- I had the opposite problem  
  • @SmashJam wait- so you and your friend got chicks together and one of them died so she wants you to get the replacement for the one that died? Why would you have to sell the replacement chick? Are you buying 50% of the feed for ALL the birds. Extra work or no that seems a little steep if you’ll end up with just 2 chickens. Hardly seems worth it actually lol. 

If the the concern is that the replacement chick will be behind the others and you she doesn’t want to start the growing process over again, why not get 2 or three more (or 5 or 10 lol) that way it’s still a new batch but it has other friends and will make starting a new group for you easier. If you think she’s being shady about it then I would tell her (since I’m pretty passive aggressive) that she can just keep the remaining 5 and then you’ll get more to start your own flock. 
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited April 2018
    I’m starting to really lose control of my
    blood sugar and coming to terms with being put on insulin at my MFM appointment on Tuesday. This morning I was complaining to my husband about how sick I am on only being able to eat eggs for breakfast, as I basically can’t tolerate any carbs first thing in the morning. 10 mins later, post eggs, he goes “you know what I’m really craving? Some OJ!” I almost punched him in the dick. I was literally just craving that so bad before I had my eggs, and he knows I’m struggling, and he just doesn’t think. It’s just so insensitive to talk about things like that to me. He’s also such a glutinous pig, I don’t know how he’s not 500 pounds. He will eat two huge bowls of sugary cereal that really equals prob 4-5 servings. He eats the entire pint of ice cream because god forbid he only ate a serving. If it’s in the house, he must consume it, and it’s all or nothing, he doesn’t want it unless he can eat it all. Last night we had Italian takeout and he ate a huge pasta dish, then alllll of the pasta that came with my chicken since I didn’t eat it, plus a side salad, plus all 4 pieces of bread they gave us, and followed it up with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s half baked. I am seriously starting to worry he’s going to pass horrible eating habits to our kids. He’s always been average weight but that doesn’t mean he’s healthy. I’m sulking now about the OJ. 
  • @zande2016 hugs. My DH eats like a fool too, and wonders why he doesn’t lose weight when he goes to the gym 4-5 times a week. That must be miserable to watch when you’re already having to restrict yourself so much. I know you were really hoping to avoid insulin but would that at least help you enjoy what’s left of your pregnancy? Or would you still have to follow the GD diet? 
  • @zande2016 your DH sounds just like mine, its maddening when on a regular diet (where I can at least cheat) I can't imagine dealing with it when you HAVE to control yourself. Hugs!
  • @acunamatada I’ll still have to follow the diet but I might be able to add a little more healthy carbs in. I think the good thing is I won’t stress over my numbers as much (assuming it works) and I’ll be able to sleep longer since right now my sugar spikes if I fast for more than 7 hours. 

@SmashJam it’s frustrating on so many levels! Obviously I get jealous because of my own redirections, but I also hate to see him being so unhealthy for is own sake and knowing children really learn these things from their parents. 
  • @zande2016 I had lots of meltdowns on the GD diet while my DH ate whatever he wanted.  I didn’t want to tell him he couldn’t eat what he wanted but I did try to limit the amount of food I couldn’t eat in the house.  At least stuff that would tempt me.  I totally get the hesitation to be put on insulin but I actually felt so much better on it and had much more flexibility in what I could eat.  I could even start having ice cream for my bedtime snack (the low fat Edy’s slow churned kind). 
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this is a stupid thing to be upset about but, hormones.  We don’t share the baby’s name until birth.  I might tell my best friend or discuss name here but definitely not family.  Mostly because I don’t want to hear people’s opinions but also because we could potentially change the name and I don’t want people getting attached to a name.  Anyway, my family (specifically our parents) KNOW we don’t share the name.  In my last pregnancy though my MIL asked the kids (ages 3 and 5 then) what the name was and they told her.  So I found out recently that my mom asked DD (age 4 almost 5) what the baby’s name is and she told her but added “but we haven’t decided yet”.  We think it will be that name but have a couple other options too.  I got really frustrated because a grown woman knows better than to ask a child that just hoping they will slip up and tell her.  Poor DD felt so bad that she told her and it’s absolutely not her fault.  So I’m pissed at my mom but havent said anything to her.  Then yesterday, my kids spent the day with MIL and she asked them what the name is too.  They just told her we haven’t decided yet and DS (bless that boy) said it will probably be Sara Jr. I had to laugh and be proud of that smart ass response.  DH texted his mom and asked why she asked them what the name is since she knows we don’t tell until birth.  She apologized and said she won’t ask again.  I’m so irritated with them trying to get get info out of my kids and ultimately my kids end up feeling guilty that they slipped up.  

I also realize we could avoid this by not discussing names with our kids but I like to have their input. And I know it’s not the end of the world if people know the name but again, hormones.

Sorry for the long rant.  Needed to get that out lol.
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I try not To say much to him but when I am eating my half cup of plain vanilla ice cream while he eats an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s, it’s really hard not to get annoyed. The main reason I’ve been resisting the insulin is I know it automatically leads doctors to put you into a higher risk level. I’ve been reading a lot about the research out there and it seems like well controlled GD, whether diet or insulin controlled, lowers the risks associated with GD,
    yet insulin seems to mean automatic induction at 39 weeks while diet controlled doesn’t. And the research just doesn’t seem to support that from what I’ve found. And insulin is really expensive but that’s just an aside. I am looking forward to having better control, being able to eat a little more, and more sleep without stressing over what my fasting level is doing. 
  • I can’t really speak to induction at 39 weeks on insulin because both pregnancies that I was on insulin I was induced in my 37th week for hypertension or pre-e.  But you’re right it does typically bump up the “high risk factor”.  I know my doctor would let me go to 40 weeks with GD but I wasn’t on insulin with that pregnancy.  I guess it depends on your insurance coverage for insulin because I don’t remember it being too bad.  
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited April 2018
    https://www.goveer.com/cruisers?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=MA_social&utm_content=ma&utm_campaign=launch

Has anyone gotten this wagon with carseat attachment ad on their facebook? I already have a double stroller so I won't buy something like this, but I know others with kids 2.5-3 were wondering if a double would be worth it...this is pretty cool.  because fairs, festivals, parks, etc would be nice with DS having the option to ride in a wagon, which I think he would mostly ride in, and the whole carseat being attached thing is also cool. Of course, its $600, and really you could buy an $80 wagon and wear your babe and call it a day.
  • @SmashJam - that looks so cool!  I think Sean and Catherine have one of those (yes I follow past bachelors on Instagram haha). I think it would be a good option for us with a new baby and two kids who are too old for strollers but still get tired on long outings (they are almost 3 and almost 5).  But at that price tag there's no way to justify it (plus, looking at the site it seems they ships everywhere EXCEPT Canada) 
  • @SmashJam Ooohh I likeee. I couldn’t justify that price tag, but I have been eyeballing a folding, umbrella stroller-esque wagon for like $100  :D
  • zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited April 2018
    Rant...my sil continues to laugh at my sensitivity. She has had 3 kids and each time, she has been super sensitive.However, she now thinks it's okay to laugh at me. I finally made a comment about it tonight and it pissed her off. Why do women do this to each other? It doesn't matter how sensitive you are, you are pregnant and need support. Stupid reason to be sensitive? So what, just encourage each other. Dont laugh or tell us to suck it up.  Ugh!!!

Eta: our neighbor gifted me a changing table, pack j play, and a breast pump she never used. Dh proceeds to tell me he doesn't like the changing table and wants to sell it. Wtf!?!?! Its a nice changing table with a drawer and shelves. We are on a budget and I'm willing to take  nice hand me downs. He is being so incredibly difficult lately that I feel like I'm dealing with 6 year old. My pregnant self cannot take his bs. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @SmashJam I want that wagon! There’s one kinda like it for $300 that you can use at Disney because it’s technically a 5 restraint system 
  • @zombiehoohaa sorry about your SIL! Hope she understands after what you told her. Not sure if your done this but if not maybe just talk to her alone about it? Just to explain how your feeling these days.
    DH does the same thing with gifted stuff or even I’m trying to suggest getting something second hand. I’ve been looking for used play yards so DS has stuff to do out this summer. He’ll say he’d rather buy his own (those things are expensive!). Then i suggest another swimming class, he says we’ll just take him to our community pool to save on money. This is coming from the guy who spent almost 2k on a stupid smoker. I don’t get this guy thought process. I say keep it if you really like it!
  • @wildtot thanks! I do plan on talking to her privately about it. It's just such a shitty feeling when you get that kind of reaction from your loved one. Ugh...
    I told dh I'm keeping the changing table. I'll just repaint it to a color I like. I told him too that this saves us a bunch of money for something we won't use very long. He shrugged his shoulders. I know it will come back up. 
    $2k for a smoker!?!!?! Good lawrdy!!! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa yeah we only used ours for a year. Now it’s a chasing game. I could of used that 2k to buy a much needed bed! I slept in the guest bedroom last night because it’s to soft for me and making me hurt.