July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 4/16

Can't gif. Put randomness here.

Re: Weekday Randoms 4/16

• Options
    @ashbub714 haha my registries are private but I would stalk my friends’ registries earlier this year when it was baby shower season for them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashbub714 yup I’ve been reporting to TB the frustration of the link missing. Makes navigating frustrating. 
    We have only shared the registry with two people (my sister and a coworker who asked).  I’m not having a shower and it would be weird to just pass it around so i just wait for interested people to ask. We’ve bought most big stuff and at this point it’s a list of things that I’ll need to replace (nosefreda filters, diaper genie filter, etc). I’ll look at it but just makes me sad sometimes since something similar happened with DS without a shower and we bought most things.

DS turns two on Wednesday and I’m so glad we asked for the day off!! 
  • Options
    @ashbub714 I've been stalking mine too! We haven't sent invites yet so only a few people know the registry info and someone (assuming my grandma) already bought the stroller! So obviously now I check it daily lol
  • Options
    @hillbillywife lol! I like to stalk other people’s registries too. I was doing that this weekend just out of curiousity.

@WorkinWeezel congrats on a niece!! 

@wildtot I didn’t even think of reporting it! I need to do that. You mean to tell me you’re not one of those people to link their registries in Facebook ;) And I get that. Some things I put on there just as a checklist for us too. I don’t actually expect any one to get it. Happy early birthday to DS! 

@carsonraynee same here! Invites haven’t gone out yet and we just did it Saturday! I looked yesterday and things had been purchased. I’m assuming MIL although I hope I’m wrong bc she already bought us the crib and mattress and shouldn’t be spending any more! Still makes me excited though. Daily checks seem perfectly acceptable to me  :p
  • Options
    I totally stalked my registry with my son. This time we kept ours secret until very recently, when we made it public, but have not shared it with anyone. No one has asked, and I don't intend to share it unless someone asks for it. Two baby boys 22 months apart, not expecting any gifts.

I was surprised at how much we actually needed to buy once I started thinking about it though. We bought most of the big things already...a second crib (actually got for free from Facebook), mattress for second crib, other furniture needed for a second nursery, double stroller, video monitor with 2nd camera...but then once I really thought about it, I kept coming up with more things we need. Some new clothes because the seasons don't quite match (all our newborn outfits are fleecy or long sleeved), new pumping/nursing/feeding supplies that need to be replaced, second diaper pail and other odds and ends needed for a second nursery. Now I am nervous to look at the other baby gear in the basement and see if anything needs to be replaced. Like, should we be replacing the rock and play in case it's moldy inside from being in the basement and we wouldn't really be able to tell? Same question with the swing? And of course I have no idea what we did with the newborn inserts for the infant car seat. 
  • Options
    I have been crazy stressed with work the last few days but I finally feel like I am on top of things again. I feel like I missed my weekend though 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @WorkinWeezel congrats on your new niece!

Nesting is in full force in our house.  Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning and organizing.  I haven't attacked the guest room that will become the nursery yet, but I got several other things done that have been on my list for a while this weekend. Reorganized our whole pantry/kitchen, got rid of all of our baby boy clothes, and cleaned out DS' room to get rid of/organize some toys.  I feel so much better about my life lol.  And I finally feel ready to start getting the nursery ready. My husband worked on putting her dresser together yesterday, so I can start organizing some of her clothes at least.  They are currently stacked in the closet and driving me bonkers. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel yay, congratulations!  <3 Also, moments like that make me HATE being an only child. 

@kissableviv congrats on the car!

@lindsayleigh1989 glad things are under control now, missed seeing you around here recently.

My Monday is shitty and I want to cry for no reason at all. I try not to whine and feel sorry for myself because I know that in the big picture I have nothing to complain about. But....... I'm just stresses and sad today. I'm at work after getting less than 6 hours of sleep, I have that disgusting burning feeling in my throat, I look like shit and I feel like a fat puffy sausage, my boss quit last week and I don't know how this will shape my department, I have HVAC people coming tomorrow morning to start our central heating/ac install and I think I have to move stuff to make room and make sure nothing gets messy but I have no idea, I parked in the $40 lot at work today, I turn 30-f-ing-5 this month and I could just use a 10 hour nap right now. So I'm all dramatic like:

Image result for crying gif

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 so glad you feel back on top of things!

@runsomewhere you're allowed to feel sorry for yourself once in a while!!!  Hang in there, lady!

@stlmegs I NEED to get this stuff done, but just do not have the time to do it!  77 days until due date and the nursery and my daughter's room have not even been started.  It'll get done eventually, I suppose!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes <3
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Yay, @WorkinWeezel, for officially finding out! @kissableviv, congrats on the new car!

@runsomewhere, I would be feeling sad, too. How can any of us not with all these pregnancy hormones raging?

I keep falling in and out of love with my pregnancy pillow (a u-shaped one). First couple of months I loved it, then when I developed restless leg syndrome, I hated it. Still have restless legs, but the pregnancy pillow is allowing me to sleep a little better.

Just hit the third tri yesterday, and right on cue, I'm having to get up twice in the night to pee rather than just once. Ugghhhh....
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel I know it's crazy how fast time is flying!!  I just filled out my leave paperwork this morning and put some stuff on my calendar and it's getting SO REAL!  

In other words, really looking forward to being off work from July 1-October 1st!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Home with DS today since he's sick. He's napping again right now...hoping it's a healthy healing sleep and not just lethargy. He woke up with a mild fever, and is clearly tired, but those are his only symptoms so far. He's napping on the floor next to me while I do some work from home. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    I spent half my day yesterday washing and folding all of DSs baby clothes. Trying to get it all organized in one closet. Forgot how those little clothes are so adorable but hard to fold!
  • Options
    @stlmegs same here! We just posted an ad for my temp replacement. I'll be off 14 weeks! Back mid October. Pretty exciting. Now I need to start looking at how to get $$ from the state through disability + my private insurance if applicable.

@runsomewhere emotions are running high, don't feel bad. My DH literally laughed the other day and said "it's fun watching you going through so many moods". He is very leveled while I'm normally very impulsive and moody even when not pregnant.

4 days ago I was bitching about the car and having to do a longer payment term and pretty much resigning to the idea of maybe getting a cheaper vehicle while yesterday I was all happy we ordered what we wanted, lol. I felt like a brat complaining about all that but again with these hormones you can't control your feelings sometimes!

Can I take 10 seconds to brag about my credit? They ran it yesterday and it was at the top. Worked my ass off these past 12 months so it's nice to rip up some benefits especially after the $$$ tax bill.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere you go ahead and cry if you want to! Blue days are going to happen
    @flockofmoosen3 I hope he feels better! those sleepy needy days are sometimes wonderful though

Boo to this horrible weather - woke up to white all over the lawn from ice, drove to the OB in monsoon rain, and now the house is shaking from thunder
    BUT! We picked out all the materials and ordered the kitchen cabinets and counters on Saturday and I talked the dr into letting me go to FL for the wedding with DH and DD.  She wasn't thrilled, but honestly my pain is way down since DD started daycare full time, I know to avoid hard chairs (promised I'd buy a donut), and my mental stress will be MUCH lower if I'm with DH instead of separated.  Plus this way I get to see my grandmother and have a nice visit before she deteriorates more.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The bump app and website are both driving me crazing and it's making it really hard for me to contribute anything! On the website it loses my place on topics and I cant "love" anything..On the app I have trouble responding to conversations and the back button never works. Sorry I've been MIA. I blame The Bump. 

@ashbub714 totally stalking my own registry. Like twice a day at least. Can't help it! Our invites went out 2 weeks ago (shower is in 3 weeks) Not a lot of things have been bought yet...but then I know I usually wait until the last week to buy anything for someone else so it's not just hanging around my house for weeks.

@runsomewhere I had my first 'breakdown' yesterday. The last sooo many weekends have been so busy with working on the nursery, running around to so many stores, shopping, building things, mixed in with working full time, getting to the gym every day, never getting to take a nap (I think my last nap was after our gender reveal at 20 weeks! that was 8 weeks ago). DH and I were out and about yesterday running errands and my feet hurt, I was tired and feeling out of it..and I made some offhand comment which made me laugh really hard at first and then I just lost it and starting bawling. I couldn't stop switching between laughing and crying for a solid 10 minutes. DH picked us up lunch, we went home, ate, and I took a 3 hour nap. Felt a little normal after that. I think we forget that we do need to take it easy every once in a while. Second Trimester has us feeling like superwoman trying to get everything done and ready for baby, but we also need to remember to take a break mentally and physically. If you need to cry, then cry! It really does help to let it all out.

@sm05-2 I just hit 3rd tri today, and got up twice last night to pee for the first time

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @sm05-2 and @rachelsogo also hit 3rd tri here but still no peeing in the middle of the night, though I do wake up before the alarm usually and really need to go...I'm sure it's coming!
    My belly is not too big yet but yesterday I was definitely feeling bigger. I am trying to slow down as well although there's still lots to do. 10 days til babymoon!
  • Options
    YAY! So many of us are getting to the third tri.  Woke up today, so excited that we are officially 28 weeks!  <3

@ashbub714 My invites haven't even been sent out yet and I have been stalking my registry, too!  Somehow the families found our BRU registry and went wild.  My MIL was planning to buy us the crib and someone had already bought it for us...looks like baby's godmommy found it first.  Luckily, my MIL is very go-with-the-flow and wasn't upset.  But it is so exciting checking it out.

Is anyone actually counting kicks?  My doc had said not to do that until 28 weeks and it's been causing me a bit of anxiety.  Sometimes, he twitches like 3 times in a second, but is that only one movement or three?  I feel like I will become a stress ball if I really have to count 10 movements in an hour every day!  I'll probably ask about it at my glucose test app. on Wednesday, but I still feel like a crazy patient every time I ask questions.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the kind words and understanding guys. I was feeling silly because I know nothing was really wrong I'm just in such a bad mood  :'(

@julybabybear Kick counts are so stressful imo. I just make sure there is a bit of consecutive movement there a couple times a a day. Sometimes it will be a few twitches or quick moves in a few seconds then nothing for like an hour, it is confusing and it stresses me out. 

I struggled with this a lot when I was pregnant with DD and ended up in L&D a couple times because I called saying I couldn't feel movement. It was so stressful and confusing. Each time DD was totally fine and all they'd say is she's fine but to keep calling if I feel decreased movements. I have no idea why but in late pregnancy with DD sometimes I'd have days where you could see clear movements across the room and sometimes nothing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When I feel him active I try to pause and mentally see if we get to ten movements, once we're there I stop. I feel good if he is at least active twice a day. I've noticed that yesterday while I was walking a ton he wasn't active much but then he did over 10 movements before I got to sleep. So I'm trying to not be too paranoid...also towards the end I'm guessing they don't have much space so they probably move less?
  • Options
    @runsomewhere don't feel silly. I'm sure we've all been  there - I sure as hell have. Sometimes I just break down crying and I don't even know why. Give yourself some time to feel blah, treat yourself to something comforting, and hopefully it will pass soon. 

It took me 2 hours to get home from work on Friday, on a beautiful 80 degree sunny day. This morning, drove to work in a monsoon and it took me 2.5 hours to get in. Realizing it's not the weather, just this time of year when traffic is always like this (well the monsoon probably didn't help). I am so sick of my commute, I can't even stand it. I get in the car in the morning/afternoon and literally just want to cry. I know I can't change anything right now, I am not leaving my job 3 months before the baby comes, but I am seriously so unhappy here. I have all these hearings being scheduled on top of each other, one of them is for 6/18 when I'll be 36 weeks, and I seriously can't imagine pulling the 12 hour days needed to prepare for all these hearings, let alone going to an all day 6 hour hearing 2+ hours from home in an un-air conditioned hot building at 36 weeks pregnant.

It doesn't help that my coworker, who I consider a friend and generally like, is being super negative. He constantly complains that it isn't fair that he has to do this consult, or that assignment, and that it should be assigned to me or the other associate instead of him. I don't even know how to respond to that, I even asked if he wants me to volunteer to handle whatever assignment he's complaining about, and he says no. Then earlier he was complaining about how only bad things happen in his cases, and I made some comment about how we tend to notice/dwell on the negative more but I'm sure good things happen in his cases too, and he sarcastically/nastily said "maybe for you, but unlike you, I don't have all of my cases settle". I literally said "okay." and walked away. I guess he's angry at me that my cases settle more  than his? For background, we work in school years, and for the 16-17 school year, 100% of my cases settled. That doesn't mean I didn't spend days preparing several of them for hearing, but it's the luck of the draw, and they all ended up going into settlement, some at the last second. He had to take maybe 3 of his to hearing....and had plenty of help on them. I don't control these things and I don't understand why he would throw that in my face like that. 

I'm sure I am being overly sensitive, but it sucks when I feel like I'm being attacked by the one person at work who I truly consider a friend. 
  • Options
    @julybabybear For counting kicks, my OB advised it more helpful to learn baby's active times of day. If you're noticing they aren't as active during those times, it can indicate more of a trend. FWIW, I think I actually counted kicks with DD less than 5 times. And in those instances, I laid on my left side in a quiet space after chewing some ice (a cold or sweet drink is supposed to get them moving as well). Otherwise, I just stopped what I was doing for a moment in the times she was usually more active and always felt movement that I was otherwise ignoring.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere and @kissableviv Thank you guys!  It's so hard not to be anxious.  I feel like movements should be getting more consistent, but there will be times where I'm like helllllllo where are you and will agonize over the last time I felt him and was it really a movement.  At least, I know it's not just me getting worried about this!

@zande2016 I wonder if you live near me, I'm in CT.  This weather has been insane!  It is currently down pouring and freezing, but Saturday was sunny and I didn't even wear a coat.  So sorry about your friend at work.  I'm sure he's trying to vent to you because you're friends, but not realizing he's being a Negative Nancy.  I feel like there is always that one person at work or in a friend group who thinks they've got the short end of the stick every time and it's like UGHHH other people have things going on too!  I can't even imagine the long hours of your job and the prep that goes into it, especially being pregnant.  Hopefully, your friend gets a little more sympathetic and your 6\18 court date is a very cloudy, cool summer day!
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert Thanks!  I'm hoping I can do the same as you and not do a true count unless I need to!  It's just too stressful to be waiting on something out of my control.  I've got to learn his patterns, I think that will definitely put me at ease.
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited April 2018
    Regarding kicks, i was never told to count with DS and this time they said around 28wks. I usually just look for a trend so i don’t give myself anxiety forgetting to count. 

Eta, wth there are ads at the bottom of the thread??? They can do that but not fix the back button or the little link to the BMB??
  • Options
    TB navigation tip! 
    If you look above the first post of each thread you’ll see a small link to the board. Works better than back arrow at least.
  • Options
    Re: kick counts, you can count any movement, including rolling. I also called triage a couple times with DD1 but of course she started moving shortly after the call. When you're walking I think it puts them to sleep, so sitting still for a little while should give them enough time to wake up and move again.

• Options
    @julybabybear I’m in NY but only about 10-15 mins from CT. The weather has been crazy, this afternoon is was back to sunny and warm(ish). 
  • Options
    I hate these stupid ads at the bottom. They need to fix the buttons (and the GIFs!)
  • Options
    I hate these stupid ads at the bottom. They need to fix the buttons (and the GIFs!)
    Seriously what’s up with the ads! TB respond to my link question and they sad they are working on a fix. Hopefully it’s soon! 
  • Options
    @wildtot HATING the ads! It makes me feel like I clicked on a sketch Facebook link.  :s
  • Options
    If anyone feels a bit spicy today the second tri thread about OP feeling depressed is a bit interesting. One commentor calling others unsupportive (so not true).
  • Options
    re kick counts, I feel like I'm counting wrong. When he's super active I can count 10 kicks in under 5 minutes. Sometimes he moves and it feels like a drum roll, am I supposed to count that as 1 movement or as as many movements as I feel in that moment?

The wind storm that we had last night (central ny) was insane! My central air unit cover is MIA and the drive-thru of a local donut place had the siding ripped off! But sweet wonderful DH took the outdoor pillows off the patio furniture and put them in the garage without me having to ask! (I actually woke up around 2 am to the sound of my window screens rattling and panicked about the pillows and woke him up lol)
  • Options
    Thanks guys!  This boy definitely likes to be sporadic in his movements, I haven't quite figured out his pattern yet.  I want to try every trick in the book though!  @lindsayleigh1989 The 45 minute thing makes me feel a lot better though!  

@carsonraynee That's what I was wondering too.  When he's really moving, I see and feel him pop out like 10 times within a few, but when the twitches are so fast...I'm like is that really one movement or does it really count?  I'm going to ask the OB about that at my next appointment.  
  • Options
    So we found mouse droppings in our basement the other day and got humane traps today off Amazon. We have found mouse poop in the garage for a while too, and put two traps in there tonight. DH drilled extra air holes in the sides and after we set the traps and talked for a couple minutes he went to put his tools away and there were already 2 mice in the garage traps! Right now he's driving them far away to release them. He said if the basement traps catch mice while he is gone they'll have to wait until the morning to go for their drive. I hope the peanut butter I baited them with is enough to keep them happy overnight. With a dog I never expected to have mice in the house, but they do seem to be staying off the main floors anyway.