July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 3/26

123457»

Re: Weekday Randoms 3/26

• Options
    @zande2016 I’m sorry you’re having a tough time! And I don’t think you’re overreacting about the cup issue. That’s sketchy in my opinion especially if you’ve been having other issues with the daycare. 

@wildtot that sounds pretty awesome! I’m really curious about how they look? Got a screenshot/pic you can share?

@SmashJam it definitely sucks to have to spend the money but you’re right, it will definitely be worth it once you’re all done! Plus you’re adding value to your home :)
  • Options
    @smashjam no worries I appreciate feedback :smile: I know all these unexpected expenses with the house are stressful, but in the long run it'll be less stressful knowing everything is fixed and in order 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashbub714 @SmashJam it was a scarymommy post. It takes her about 3-4 wks to complete so price seems reasonable. I would love to do it for both DSs but that a bit too much for me right now. 

https://www.scarymommy.com/baby-ultrasound-embroidery-veselka-bulkan/?utm_source=FB

• Options
    Ok giving my kid horchata at 6 when bedtime is usually before 730 might have been a bad idea lol 
  • Options
    @wildtot I have seen that idea to embroider ultrasound pictures somewhere on Pinterest and have thought about doing it myself. If I ever get around to it, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Also, TB app and mobile website for community f-ing blow for me. On the app the community feature just won't open period. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times and still no change. Then, about every few threads I open on the mobile website (not through the app) pages just stop loading all together and I just get error pages. Once I get one error page I can't load anything new at all. I can view the boards incognito without issue, but then I can't post of course. WTF. So today I thought I'd try a new mobile browser, but I forgot my password. I clicked the link "forgot password", got the email, and was directed to a page asking to INPUT THE CURRENT PASSWORD and the new one. Seriously? The next three attempts give me a link that takes me back to the log in page. OMG, community is the only reason I'm here and it feels like TB is trying its best to keep me out. Anyone else have issues with the community feature or am I the only one?

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @wildtot aaah! I love those! I shouldn’t have looked bc I definitely can’t justify spending $300 on that but now I really want to :s
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited March 2018
    Just trying to catch up! @lindsayleigh1989 LOVE that dress! You look amazing!! Also having some issues with my body this time around, so I totally get it. 

Question!
    I did the dreaded GD test on Thursday morning. The doctor would obviously call me if I fail right? I went at 6:30am so I’m sure they were able to run it same day, but I had to go to a lab because they don’t do it at the office. Anyone know how this works or how soon I would expect to hear from them if something was wrong? Like is it safe to over indulge in peeps this weekend orrrrrr......? Kidding. Kind of. 

Edit. I guess I could have asked in the GD thread? Would that be a better place?
  • Options
    @SmashJam you could always go back to older BMBs to read those birth stories if you want to get your fix? 

@paytonpedro it's been like 4 years for me since I failed the 1 hour test but I feel like I remember getting a call from the doctor's office within a couple business days about going for my 3 hour test. I also go to various blood labs for all lab work so that's not unusual. I think my doctor's office just faxed the order to all of the blood labs near me and when I chose one and went, they had the 100g sugar drink (double the sugar!) already in a fridge for me. I remember the best part of that whole ordeal (besides passing the test), was that the phlebotomist that took my blood 4 times that day was so awesome I literally couldn't feel the needles go into my arms. I wish it could always be that easy.

• Options
    DH and I are both admittedly in nesting mode now. We independently made to-do lists for the spring this morning and they're both about the same length (we're ambitious!). His to-dos are mostly outdoors and mine are mostly indoors, but we both had yard work and organizing the house on our lists. Today is actually tolerable outside so this morning we went outside to trim bushes, rake leaves, and lay down cardboard to prevent weeds while the kids just played in the yard.

Inside, we both got super excited about re-arranging the kids' room so that's our second project for the day. It inadvertently requires painting the interior of the kids' closet but all of the supplies are already up there--we just need to distract the kids with a movie, which DH is selecting right now. 

We still have a long list left to complete but it feels really good to get started today. 

• Options
    had a 3 day weekend with some productivity, some much needed 3-of-us-family time, and some family easter drama so catching up.
    @wildtot cross stitch is pretty easy as long as you can follow the pattern, and I've seen tons of sites on pinterest that will translate a photo to a pattern - I have faith you can do it yourself! just get a black cloth to start on and then depending on the pattern should only need white and light grey...
    @SmashJam that really sucks - tough call on the tub.  They don't make them like they used to, but if the floor is tilted it's more expensive but probably easier to just get it all done at once.  Do you have one of those excess building supply stores? Contractors sell items that don't get used in builds and proceeds go to habitat for humanity or similar usually.  Might be able to get a new tub that just was the wrong size etc for cheap.
    @zande2016 all of that is just BS - so sorry.  We had a lot of problems in infants room with wrong clothes getting sent home and jackets going missing etc, but we don't supply sippy cups in toddlers (she moved up around a year at our place) so haven't had many problems recently - though occasionally her lovey is in the wrong cubby.  That is so frustrating.  I think the email to the place is the right start, once you're fully clear and if you have no problems burning the bridge and feel that strongly, by all means either call corporate (if a chain) or report to the state.  For us, I have started to think it's sometimes more teacher-based than site/director based, but i remember the director gave you some BS too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Late to the game but @lindsayleigh1989 that dress is super cute!!

Also, I have gotten the "you look super pregnant today!"  comment a few times in the last couple weeks.  This is after the same people repeatedly told me weeks before "You don't even look 20 weeks.  Are you sure you're pregnant?"  Don't people know the only acceptable thing to say to a pregnant women is some variation of "You look so cute/great/beautiful!"
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs  Haha I had mostly compliments yesterday about how I look. Then I got from one of my dads friend "are you sure you're only having 1 baby?" ....*facepalm* 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @MrsMiller8588 @SmashJam I knoooooowwww May has been dead. I know this because I routinely lurk for fun drive bys but I do also love the birth stories! Facebook migration is sad but before births?!?!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker