July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 3/26

Re: Weekday Randoms 3/26

• Options
    @foxbaby2016 lol that's totally something that would happen to me.

@elizabethrn87 hope things continue to look good, glad you're getting everything checked out.

My day started out crappy, I'm sick, I was convinced it's strep throat but it's not, just some virus. I didn't go to work and spent all morning feeling sorry for myself. Once I got out of the house I felt better, I got goodies for DD's Easter basket then had my ultrasound appointment where I got some awesome pictures <3<3<3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have strong opinions on the protests, I really hope they can bring about some change!

So how do you know if baby has the hiccups? I feel like he does...been feeling quick movement in the same spot for a few minutes that feels like hiccups. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kissableviv to me it feels almost like I have them but down in my uterus, it's the same rhythm/sensation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere sorry you're not feeling well, hope it passes quickly! Excited to hear you got some awesome pics at your ultrasound!
  • Options
    @runsomewhere that was totally it then. So cute but weird haha. Glad your mood improved and I hope you're feeling better soon! Saw the pictures in the thread, so precious! 
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing thanks, I wish I could take some dayquil and nyquil to feel more normal. Pregnancy is really messing with my immune system.

@kissableviv thank you <3 It is so strange yet adorable to think about these little humans we are carrying around inside us, they're just hanging out, growing, rolling around, hiccuping, being babies in there <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kissableviv there will be a rhythm to them:) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @kissableviv I think mine had them last week, there was a rhythm and it sort of felt like someone was making microwave popcorn. I suppose it could have been something else, but I'm pretty sure that's what I was feeling. DH was laughing at me because it was really distracting!
  • Options
    @ashbub714 I also hate that people are making fun of kids for protesting to bring about change. Even if your kid wanted to go and didn't know what they were protesting...its an experience where they can learn from others, see what people who want to make change can do, etc. I had a friend post, "I don't let kids make the rules in my house why would I want them to make the laws of my country?" The mocking these kids are putting up with is horrible.

@elizabethrn87 hope it continues to be nothing!

@kissableviv I have always only told hiccups from their rhythm...they are more consistently spaced to me than kicks which seem more random. That being said, I was pretty sure I felt hiccups a week or so ago and I'm way to early for that. So maybe that's not the best way to tell.

@foxbaby2016 I laughed so hard at your sriracha issue! I think the smell would be so hard to deal with!

Went on an impromptu trip to maine today...hubs had to do some work there so we all drove up together and DS saw the ocean for the first time-holy cold! It was a beautiful day but the water in Maine is never a decent temp, lol, so in March it was not surprising. Went to Target and bought a dress and some maternity workout pants and shirts. Pretty excited to wear them soon. 
  • Options
    I am fine with kids protesting if they are doing it for the right reason. I just wonder how many are doing it just to do it sometimes or for attention. I love the heart of the movement and hope it doesn't just fizzle out. words are hard tonight i hope my point is clear. protesting with good intentions good protesting just to protest i feel meh about it 

• Options
    SmashJam said:
    @ashbub714 I also hate that people are making fun of kids for protesting to bring about change. Even if your kid wanted to go and didn't know what they were protesting...its an experience where they can learn from others, see what people who want to make change can do, etc. I had a friend post, "I don't let kids make the rules in my house why would I want them to make the laws of my country?" The mocking these kids are putting up with is horrible.
    I agree whole heartedly, and find this kind of attitude really ironic.  If you look at the history of the US, it’s very often the youth who are the instigators of change.  Change that most of us would agree was positive and needed.  Think: civil rights movement.
  • Options
    I can’t remember exactly who has mentioned this, but I remember reading that several of you had cervix pain.  What exactly did that feel like?  I think I’m having that but I’m not really sure.  It’s like an intense pressure to the point of pain.  It feels interior, right above my vagina and only when I’m walking/moving.  I don’t remember having this with DD.
  • Options
    Plus 1 to double digit countdowns..it’s weird for me to see the Demember BMB. I remember when we were at the top of the list! 

I loved the FFFC thread. November is going to be fun! 

I had pt 2 of my anatomy scan since my little didn’t cooperate fully the first time. Everything looks great which is always a relief. Next appt is the glucose test which is always a delight. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whomever suggested to watch Netflix's Nailed It, THANK YOU!! This show has me and dh rolling!! Not to mention, on the 2nd episode there is a Paula Deen doppelganger, no joke. Priceless show. Again, thank you for suggesting this hot mess.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I keep reading about being in double digits left to go, but isn't all of pregnancy in the double digits till you get to 9 weeks left and less aka single digits? I assume you guys mean less than 20 weeks?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere Days! Less then 100 days left!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tarheelgirl8 - I was one of those people. That sounds pretty similar.  I have a couple different feelings, one is a more pinching, sharp pain, the other is the constant deep pressure to the point of pain and discomfort (almost similar to wacking it during sex or tampon issues) esp when I've been on my feet too much.  Sometimes I also get (and sorry if this is TMI) like a thrumming sensation - similar to cervical contractions after sex - but been too uncomfortable to actually DTD.  I had it a bit with DD but not to this degree this early.  I called Monday and asked if I had to come in early, basically no spotting no concern to them.  I have my normal checkup today with OB and will ask about it and let you what they say.  With DD they just said I had a sensitive cervix and was probably just kicks since no dilation, leaking, or contractions that show on a machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @chaser61 my mom gave me a lot of knitted stuff with DS but i was able to politely reject since my mom only had girls and some just wouldn’t look right on DS lol. Others i took and never used because it was too warm in Cali for that. I did take and have used most of the blankets. I don’t mind holding on to them since they were handmade and some made by my grandma. If it was store bought and that old i would probably make more of it lol like you said take a pic and put away. At the end they all just mean well and trying to help and share their good memories with those outfits. 
  • Options
    gingerbride26gingerbride26 member
    edited March 2018
    @chaser61 I have a whole rubbermaid container of my dresses from the 80's and 90's - and that's after paring down from 3 boxes.  A lot of it was hand-made by my mom...but after 30 years a lot of it had elastic's go or are just so weird looking.  I kept the really nice wool coats for holidays and we've used a couple pairs of patent leather shoes but most is just in the box in her closet.
    ETA - and yes mother was super pissed that we got rid of ANY of it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else have a maniac driver for a husband?! This guy has no patience when people are merging or when he is merging. He has to be right on their butt each time. It scares the crap out of me each time and I always tell him not to do that. What if the person in front slams on their breaks...there we go into an accident because of his stupid habits. I am holding on to the "oh shit" bar the whole time! So much for not stressing to avoid contractions! Ahh! 
    <sorry ladies, vent over> 
  • Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited March 2018
    @chaser61 My MIL gave me a ton of handmade dresses for my daughter (they were made for husband's sisters). I organized them by size, kept the ones that were close to fitting out and stowed the rest away. I took a pic or had her wear one to church once, took a pic and sent it to her, and stowed the rest away. After that I would pull out the next biggest size and hide away the one that I used. When all was done, I thanked her and returned them. It wasn't that big of a deal for me to do and it meant a lot to her.

I am always a fan of keeping the peace when it comes to family. Luckily my family doesn't make super outlandish requests, but I think this is sort of common in a lot of families... I know I have been stowing away some of the special occasion dresses my daughter wore.. not sure why, maybe so I can be that annoying grandma to be some day
  • Options
    @wildtot YES. Driving with him gives me the worst anxiety which comes out in anger and makes for a terrible drive regardless of how he’s driving. DH has gotten better over the years, but when we first started dating he was driving and got distracted pointing out a car his brother used to drive on the highway.. Not noticing the dead stop traffic in front of us. We BARELY stopped in time and he braked so hard our dog (who was a puppy then) was almost in the front seat. Poor thing. I do most of the driving now to save myself the stress, although he’s convinced I’m just as bad of a driver. 
    Technically we’ve both totaled a car at this point, so we’re probably equally terrible. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada poor puppy! Seriously my husband will look around so much even look at me while talking. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!!! No need to look at me while talking!! He’s been in more accidents and gotten tickets but he still tries to lecture me on how i should drive. 
  • Options
    DH is a safe driver but I always freak out because I feel he gets too close to cars before he breaks...our car has a bunch of fancy security features and maybe it's me not being as confident as he is while driving but I don't like that!

I kind of wish I had old clothes from my mom or MIL! Like @cseley321 said I would take a picture and put them away. 

Preggo brain hit hard. I delivered a project yesterday and my client was like oh I don't see the French file. Apparently I didn't zip it, so I send it to him and apologize. Then he's like oh...Dutch is missing too. Damn it! I sent a zip folder and forgot 2 files. Great...I played it off with a joke...I know it's preggo brain but I still don't like when people point it out. Gah! 
  • Options
    I did another drive-by on the Nov board but it seems tame after that one thread. Last night I had some great FB drama where a woman wrote on a public post "i can't understand why people have children just to stick them in daycare and let someone else raise them" - suffice it to say 300 replies from seriously pissed off working parents and even some SAHP who were offended by the tone on behalf of working parents.  She seriously didn't understand how she offended so many people for just stating her opinion and why so many people were commenting, but replied with lots of "lol"s to everyone who did! String was going back over 6 weeks!! I popped some popcorn for that one.
    +1 for maniac driver husband - I was in a bad accident in '12 but I was rearended by a woman hitting the wrong pedal so NOT my fault but he still throw out a "at least I've never been in an accident" when I yell and grab the handle
    @cseley321 thanks for sharing - someone told me to do the sibling class, but DD is 22 months and i just don't get the point at that age...i'll stick to my gut
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cseley321 i was think of doing a sibling class too but then i look at my crazy 2yr old and i doubt he’d even care or know what’s going on unless it’s more of a role play thing (like them playing with dolls)
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I am amazed at the naivete of some people on facebook!

• Options
    My child has had diarrhea since Sunday night despite a bland diet and he refuses to poop on the potty. And now he consequently has a diaper rash. I’m going to loose my mind. 
  • Options
    @cseley321 I like your approach to the clothes issue. I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to get a lot of clothes I'm just not a fan of, whether they're hand me downs or otherwise. I like the idea of taking pics of the baby in a select few and sending them to the person. And then the outfit never has to be worn again. 
  • Options
    @beanship my approach to hand me downs that are not my clothes from the 80s is that they can be very useful as "whatever" clothes that the baby can just soil and I can throw away without feeling guilty, lol. O also plan on keeping some in the car and diaper bag and already brought some down here to Texas for the in laws. I seriously think I have ....30 6-mo onesies? Haha.

@gingerbride26 wtf. I stayed with my grandma full time and then had a babysitter because my mom was supporting me on her own...she had to work. As a child it was rough sometimes but the time I spent with my mom was very much quality. We always had a great time together. Looking back, she is the one who instilled the values, it was not my sitter. Although my babysitter was way better at crafts!
  • Options
    @beanship clothes I hate (I.E. almost everything from MIL and the frilly pink pirate aunt) goes in the daycare drawer which is also the whatever/messy activity drawer.  Get red sauce on it? cool. comes home covered in paint? no problem! I don't sent the 80's stuff because it's just SO bad - think pettycoats and pintucks and ruffles...

@kissableviv and @lindsayleigh1989 I KNOW! right!? I love it when people comment on these public posts, then wonder why/how strangers are interacting with them because they don't understand how FB works.  I think this woman would have been ok with grandma - it was daycare/nonfamily/stranger for 40+ hours a week that was her issue.  Used language like "you created this life you should make it a priority to raise it", "where there's a will there's a way", "if you aren't willing to cut back hours, change shifts, or change jobs to raise your own child you are selfish".  Really don't understand how 200+ people were so offended (sarcasm).  She agreed bills had to be paid but "there are ways" and completely dismissed any social/educational benefit to daycare and yet those 8-10 hours a day at daycare meant more towards raising your child than the rest of the week.  Did not accept the point either where parent made significantly more than cost of daycare and that paid for bills and experiences/vacations and student loans as well, basically "too bad parenting is supposed to be a sacrifice".  It was very entertaining, better than most reality tv!! very much a case of not WHAT you say but HOW you say it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a yellow jacket from when my husband was a toddler. We use it at the cabin. 

She did give us this jean ergo type thing but I just didn’t use it and eventually threw it away. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv I have 47 NEWBORN ONESIES. I can't even look at the 0-3 rubber maid box, which is full to the brim and actually difficult to close. I will definitely be stashing them elsewhere like you mentioned...MIL's house, car, etc, just to make room in the drawers!

@MrsMiller8588 I just posted in the HDBD thread that there are people in June who are 30 weeks! I can't believe it. I know we have a lot of time left but things are getting real. This time next month (which starts Sunday) I'll be in tri 3 myself. Time flies when you're growin' babes.
  • Options
    @SmashJam it certainly feels like this pregnancy is going by much faster! I keep counting down weeks (days seem long still, just hit double digits) and this Friday I’ll have 13 wks to go!! That’s around the corner!
  • Options
     @gingerbride26 :D at "frilly pink pirate aunt"