June 2018 Moms

Rants Rants Rants Rants Rants Rants! (3/12)

124»

Re: Rants Rants Rants Rants Rants Rants! (3/12)

• I am working on a freelance project that makes me want to literally rip my eyeballs out. I have to go through five pages of key messages, and line by line, look at the references provided, find the 50-page peer-reviewed journal sourced, read through it and see if it actually supports the statement we're making, repeat repeat repeat. There are like 45 references total, most items have 4-5 items sourced. It takes me roughly 20-30 minutes per sentence. DH came home last night and saw what I was doing, and he was like, "Oh lol you're doing cap markets diligence review." No no, no one went to law school here. Also no one took a science class since junior year of high school so this is a great project for me. 
  • Pregnancy has been pretty easy for me so far, so I am also of course terrified that my labor/delivery/recovery will be terrible lol. But I'm also only 25 weeks right now so I'm sure in another 5-10 I'll be singing a different tune too. 

Ok, except the pelvic rest. That sucks. I miss sex a lot. :tired_face::joy:
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • MH clogged the toilet today but it didn't actually overflow until I used it (I noticed the water was already high before I flushed). Of course he was at work by this time so I had to plunge it (while keeping a toddler away because moms can never pee alone, you know?), sop up the toilet water and disinfect the bathroom floor.  :/ Yuck...
  • @Austenista the slow passing of time this go-round is killing me! We're ready if he comes tomorrow (right down to diapers and wipes) and while I ONLY have 12 weeks left I STILL have 12 weeks left. Ugh. I just wanna cuddle him. 

Also. Eff you, gestational diabetes. What working person has the flexibility to attend twice weekly NST appointments that are only available between 9 am and 3 pm... And your away from my employer even. So So annoyed with the office. For p3tes sake, can't you open earlier so that I can attempt to make a living while creating this tiny human. My other kids need to be provided for too.  :s oh, and my fingertips are bruised. Typing is not fun. 
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew oh good lord, twice a week NST for the next 12 weeks? Like they hook you up to the bp monitor and the hr monitor and imprison you there twice a week? Can they at least do that in office? At my OB they make you go over to L&D for that. When my bp was going nuts at the end of last pregnancy I spent so much time there being monitored that my insurance started refusing to pay for it. Blech, I'm sorry that sounds like the worst. Complain as much as you want and as often as you want about that, fo sho. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew that was the hardest part. I also had 2 NST and a biweekly ultrasound with my first. Luckily my manager was flexible and let me make up time. But that is still really hard to do when you're so pregnant. I don't even know how I'd do it now with a child at home cause working late isn't always do-able.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @Austenista it is thankfully in office! And "more frequent ultrasounds"   but no schedule for those from what I've gathered  @catlady1215 my manager has been great, it just looks like I may work every single Saturday until I deliver to make up my time. Once it gets warmer my kids won't even notice I'm gone extra because their grandparents have every intention of stealing them every weekend to take to the cottage. So, I've got a TON to be thankful for.... just irritated that I have to go in so often.  Thqbsk for letting me vent! 
  • Amphibious22Amphibious22 member
    edited March 2018
    I got not one, not two, but three Charlie horse leg cramps last night. Can barely put weight on my left leg this morning. This is what happens when I don't eat a banana with breakfast! 

ETA- meant to put this in the symptoms thread but actually it's kinda ranty so I'll let it lay. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Trying to make plans with two of my girlfriends (who insisted on throwing us a baby shower next weekend) for today, and schedules started getting complicated so they said, “maybe next weekend is easier? What are your plans next weekend?”

Um the shower you’re allegedly throwing us....?

Awkward...  :|
  • ffw0617ffw0617 member
    edited March 2018
    Plus whatever to being over pregnancy but I don’t complain outside of TB bc 1. Two of my mom’s 3 births were preterm (including me) so Im not so over it that I want to wish a premature baby on myself. 2. My pg hasnt been that bad. 3. Two of my closest friends had losses last year so i know How lucky i am to make it this far 4. Most of my issues/ stress post first tri is financial and dealing with my insurance. 

I def won’t have another planned pregnancy until I have more savings, a lot less debt, and sure my insurance isn’t crap/ easily changed my employer to my detriment. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • My rant is aimed at myself. I'm cranky and pissing myself off. I can't even figure out how to fix it. 
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew thats good the grandparents can help out with the kids atleast! it def can be irritating though!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew Word to the twice weekly annoyance. With my first, my doct appointments were also scheduled the same day as my Thursday NSTs. If they were running behind, I was at the doc office for 3 hours. Pre-DD I could make it work by coming in at like 7 am and leaving at 8, but figuring in a daycare drop off now? It blows. At least I don’t have to start until week 32.

Today, we went all the way up to our closest Pottery Barn only to find out they stopped taking no-receipt returns (like most other chains.) The gift was from a vendor I use at work in a different state, so I can’t really ask for a receipt. But now I have this giant “My First Year” frame that matches nothing and I have no wall space for. I’m trying to think of people I can regift to...
  • @starla487 can you sell it on Facebook marketplace or a B/S/T group? I’m in a local parent swap and stuff goes within minutes. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18