July 2018 Moms

Monday B!tchfest 2/26

Re: Monday B!tchfest 2/26

• dd is a terrible sharer, it is definitely hard but we are trying to help her with it. Like @acunamatada we are hoping a sibling will help too 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @gingerbride26 @MichelleAG05 technically DS AND this little girl were both “boy” Shettles babies (unintentionally). I think it’s all a crapshoot lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • According to the "timing sex around ovulation theory", we should be having one sex and we are having the other... soooo... basically anything goes lol
  • @wildtot - oh i see - i'm sorry that does sound super stressful - fingers crossed for you!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hahaha, that's funny!  I guessed that DD would be a girl because I ovulated 4 days after the last time we bumped - we had given up that month.  This time I guessed boy because I ovulated the same day and was right too.  Obviously it's about more than that!  

My parents did the whole diet thing and everything to get a boy, and swear that's what worked. LOL
  • @MichelleAG05 my babies are IVF babies, so I don't get much of a say :) unless we do PGS, but we are not doing another round most likely. We have one frozen embryo left and we may give it one last go, all or nothing, but that's it!
  • I finally got to sit and eat a quesadilla for dinner. DS comes up and starts signaling that he wants something to eat. I kept telling him to wait till i was done. DH just sitting here on the couch on his phone and doesn’t say or do anything. I put my plate down just because i was done and he reacts “I’m going don’t get mad”. Um i was just putting my plate down but yes I’m bothered that you haven’t said anything almost 5 mins later. This is why i get upset because he can hear me fussing with DS and he does absolutely nothing until i show my frustration.
  • Thanks for the feedback @MichelleAG05 @acunamatada @hillbillywife! @MichelleAG05 I guess I never thought about it as disciplining someone else's child...I will have to watch that if I ever step in when another kid does that to DS! I was just thinking of it purely as defense of their child, and that is how I would take it if it happened. Thanks for that perspective!
  • @wildtot that’s so frustrating! My husband does very similar things so I can completely understand. I’ll tell him something or ask something and he never responds. Then minutes later I’m annoyed and he can tell so he says something related to what I said. “So you did hear me and chose to ignore it!?!?” Ugh. I think it’s just a male thing lol Hopefully you can talk to him about that behavior before the new baby comes! My husband’s been better about it but I’m likely going to have to try to work on that more in the next five months too.
  • @coco305 wait... is this her 4th baby shower for her 4th kid? Or 4th baby shower for the same kid? 
  • 4th shower for her 1st kid! @moguippy
  • @coco305 that seems so rude to invite you to all 4! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @wildtot Sounds EXACTLY like my husband. He can’t do anything unless he is explicitly asked and even then it’s a crapshoot. Men.  :|
  • @coco305 why would you host a baby shower if you’ve had 3 previous ones? That’s weird and come off needy. But yeah being invited to all 4 is weird and inconsiderate of your time and your own baby money. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I think it's more of a "hey you couldn't make it to the last one, come to this one" but honestly, it's too much. I sent a gift I don't feel guilty declining the invite. 
  • @coco305 @wildtot I’m already worried that 3 of my coworkers are invited to my actual baby shower (I’m not hosting) but I know my dept at work (about 10 ppl) will also probably do something (usually cake, a small present and gift card) and I’m worried about them feeling like they have to contribute twice. But I know they would all be bummed if they weren’t invited to the real shower. I would never think about inviting someone to FOUR showers! 
  • @moguippy I think a work one and a real one are totally reasonable. I doubt your coworkers would feel annoyed. But yeah, 4 is excessive, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's gotten an invite to all four. I see the same people in all the pictures. It's tacky right? And greedy?? 
  • @moguippy i think 2 is manageable and acceptable for inviting the same person. 
  • @coco305. Wait all the same ppl?!  I thought for sure it was like a work one, then like in 3 different states bc her family was all over or something (regardless I think 4 is still a lot lol but everyone has different circumstances). I don’t think I could handle 4. I’m mentally preparing for mine. Seeing everyone, pretending to be happy for hours while I probably will just want to take a nap
    (The work one is basically cake in a conference room for 20 minutes so that will be fine lol. )
  • @SmashJam a little late now, but for us, I very clearly say to my kids, "that child is using that toy. Wait until they are finished with it." And I will even repeat to the other parent that my kid can wait, or even give the toy back to them. I also gently tell other kids to wait their turn if I see mine is still using the toy. It bothers me when other parents insist their kids share immediately when my kids ask for a toy. In my mind, just because you want it now doesn't mean you get it now, and that's a lesson I generally want my kids to apply to every situation. And just because they are egotistical narcissists at this age doesn't mean we can't start teaching them this lesson now lol! 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @coco305 I can’t stand it when people try to impose their views about childbirth on others. That’s so obnoxious! Especially since you’re pregnant, that’s so rude. And four baby showers?! If it’s all for different groups of people being thrown by different people I wouldn’t have a problem with that but to host your own after all that? That’s just strange to me. I’m glad you don’t feel bad skipping this one!

I’m so over this winter. Both girls woke up sick again today. It’s been never ending. Please. Make. It. Stop. 

imageimage

• Ugh I’m so sorry @LadyJ2949 I hope they get better ASAP. 
  •  <-- me catching up on the 4 shower thing
    I had 1 shower and I thought it was going to be the death of me....I honestly was super excited that this is my second so I don't have to deal with a shower this time..... #sorrynotsorry I'm antisocial and hate people lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 YES! glad I'm not the only antisocial one! 
  • @gingerbride26 I'm an antisocial people hater married to another antisocial people hater. Together we hate group gatherings and would prefer to be left alone so we can just read or whatever. I'm dreading the 1 shower that I know is being planned, it won't be fun for me. I don't understand how other than maybe something work people also plan, how anyone could have more than one. And who plans their own shower? That's just weird and tacky to me, especially when they've already had 3 others!
  • @noideawhatshesdoing - That sounds lovely.  My husband doesn't know how to be alone and likes being social - 10 years later we almost have a balance figured out.  If you have 1 ally at the shower you can cling to it should be good - my best friend's one job was to keep the belly touchers at bay.  If we're counting the 30 min of cake in the breakroom work things, I had 2 showers.  My staff threw me a little get-together with cupcakes from my favorite bakery and snacks which was quite lovely and SMALL :) and completely drama-free unlike the family one lol.  I was also thinking that about throwing your own shower...I guess we throw ourselves weddings and housewarming parties expecting gifts...but somehow showers seem way greedier since the literal ONLY purpose is gifts...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cseley321cseley321 member
    edited February 2018
    I am antisocial but loved my shower. Tbh, I wish I was having another.. not for the gifts (i don't need much anyway), but it was so nice having a last hoorah before the baby
  • Guyssssss I'm not kidding..I just got the invite for her 5th shower. Two weeks after her 4th. This is beyond ridiculous, but also so crazy it's funny! Like is she just gonna keep having parties from here until birth?? 
  • I agree with being annoyed at all the medical advice mom's try to give on Facebook groups, I constantly see It too. Elderberry syrup is always suggested around me too lol. But, that being said, I respect doing research before giving a child medicine. Not mom group research though. I've never had to make that choice because the only thing I've ever had to give my son is tylenol and Motrin, but tamiflu can have some serious side effects so I might also hesitate and want to really weigh the pros and cons with my doctor before giving it. But yeah, don't think the mom group is the place to go for medical advice. Side note, I was watching a show last night about babies born with birth defects and in the show they're trying to figure out why. Well I know it's from medicine they used to give pregnant moms. Maybe an extreme example but sometimes medicines can have bad effects that medical science hasn't figured out yet. 
  • @runsomewhere I saw someone tell someone else to get their child an antibiotic for the flu instead of taking tamifu... they even said “it won’t work to get rid of the flu, but it will make it go away faster and it’s better than tamifu.” Cuz yeah creating antibiotic resistance in a child is wayyy better. Serious eye roll. 
  • @coco305 OMG I just can't. that's ridiculous. but also funny from an outsider. I can't believe she as invited you to all 5.

Re: Tamiflu.  The percentage of kids who take tamiflu who do have psychotic episodes is so low that doctors take the risk because it the benefit outweighs it.  Especially if the kid is monitored for abnormal behavior. Agreed that Mom group fear mongering is not where you should take your advice from. 
  • @coco305 - watch she's going to have a "meet the baby" party after he/she is born too!

Re: Tamiflu.  so much no and agreement with everyone.  I thought I read the bad episodes were due to an allergy to one of the ingredients? The account I read was an older child and sounded scary more because the temp kept going up of control and needed hospital care than from the threatening to kill her mother thing.  Totally agreed if you are monitoring the kid and know what to look for to bring the kid in, what's the risk?  It's like any other drug...my kid is allergic to amoxicillin, so should no one give their kids antibiotics when they have an ear infection? that's silly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @coco305 oh wow keep us posted on if you get more lol now it’s just plain funny. I can totally see her doing a party after baby (maybe 5 of them).
  • Haha @gingerbride26 probably!! I just threw the invite in the trash. 

And re: not taking tamiflu.....why do people think they know more about medicine than doctors and the CDC?? There is so much fear-mongering and conspiracy theories surrounding medicine that it clouds people's judgement, and it detracts from the main purpose of getting better and staying healthy. If you really do not trust your doctors opinion...find a new doctor. 
  • @wildtot I'm secretly wishing for a 6th and 7th invite lol she's due soon, so time is running out!!! 
  • @coco305 @wildtot maybe she thinks you are supposed to keep having them until you get everything off your registry? lol
  • I'm loving following all these showers for one person...it's feeding my inner bitch and she likes it

Speaking of people thinking they know more than drs (eyeroll) took DD to ped for a 1 week ear check since she's had this ear infection for a month (it's gone! yay) but now she's got a new upper resp cold.  So i give her benedryl at night (per ped instruction) because she's fine all day but gets post nasal and coughs all night.  DH is like "we should stop giving her the benedryl, i don't like giving her so much meds" um what? She just went on when the cough started 2 days ago. "they say you need to take them to the dr if it's continued use" um i did take her to the dr today and he said give her motrin for crankiness and treat the cold... but don't worry dr dad is on the job (eyeroll)
    Pregnancy Ticker