Infertility

APRIL FET

Re: APRIL FET

• @dragonette505  I’ll call tomorrow to place the order I’ll ask exactly what I’ll be getting! 
  • ndz2018 said:
    @dragonette505  I’ll call tomorrow to place the order I’ll ask exactly what I’ll be getting! 
    my scheduling nurse is a little dumb and she has sometimes ordered stuff for me i didnt need! lol... She randomly ordered some HCG for me a couple months ago! I will have to keep my eye on my upcoming order too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @ndz2018 @dragonette505 I just got a message from my clinic that my meds have been ordered too.  Just waiting to hear from the pharmacy now.  I still have to meet with my RE on Friday to discuss the last cycle and sign consents for FET.
  • So I went to see my RE this morning. I was suppose to have a "off month" for february because I just did the polyp removal.  But I haven't ovulated yet so she wants to tray natural cycle, but she is to making me Do a trigger injection because she said I would not have an LH surge on my own (level was 6.73 today). I wanted to just do natural because I wanted a month off meds because we are going FET end of March. Has anyone heard of not having a LH surge? She never mentioned this to me before for my ivf cycle or anything else. 
  • @laurengon82 yay! We are all gearing up!!!
    @smittenkitten_aka_knottie821 hmmmm I would ask why she doesn’t expect you to have an lh surge. Is she wanting to trigger you for timed intercourse or just to get past this cycle?
  • @smittenkitten_aka_knottie821 I would definitely ask why too.
    @laurengon82 Here we go!!  :)
  • dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited February 2018
    J1006  lets hope its good luck, then!! Welcome aboard!
    PS... none of us really know for sure if we will end up transferring in April, since as you know, things change. But I prefer to be hopeful! :):)
  • @J1006 The wait is agonizing! I don’t have anything scheduled yet but I should Start AF about 4 weeks from now and we’ll go from there. Hope you get your results soon and they are perfect!
  • @dragonette505 Ok so here is a list of the meds :

Estradriol 2mg
    Metronidazole gel (not cream which apparently a antibiotic vag gel GROSS) 
    PIO
    Endometrium inserts 
  • ndz2018 said:
    @dragonette505 Ok so here is a list of the meds :

Estradriol 2mg
    Metronidazole gel (not cream which apparently a antibiotic vag gel GROSS) 
    PIO
    Endometrium inserts 

I have never heard of the metronidazole! How long do you have to take that one? For my FET with my last clinic I did estradiol 2mg (3xpd) the Endometrin (that stuff is also gross so I don't even know what to tell you!! I had to use pads!) Oh and that doc had me trigger with my natural ovulation... hopefully next week or so I can find out what I'm getting this time!
  • @dragonette505 No clue when or if I have To use it. I know For my ER they send a few things I didnt wind up using.
  • ndz2018 said:
    @dragonette505 No clue when or if I have To use it. I know For my ER they send a few things I didnt wind up using.

That's so funny? Wonder what they think you "might" need it for. When I get extra stuff its because my scheduling nurse is dumb (I'm not even being mean.... shes sweet but a hot mess, but I've learned to work around her). 
    ps I looked up that stuff and one article said its for bacterial veginosis.. so maybe they order it for folks and then decide who needs it and who doesn't? Another thing I found was just a blog where a woman had it as part of her FET protocol:
    https://shedwellsinpossibility.wordpress.com/2015/09/21/frozen-cycle-fet-1/
    So it seems like its a thing, I guess
  • @dragonette505 Yup makes total sense why take chances ? 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    Personally, I hope I dont Have any bacteria up in my cooch   :D
  • ndz2018 said:
    Personally, I hope I dont Have any bacteria up in my cooch   :D

DED!!! lol.... probably a precaution since they ARE putting the catheter up there... maybe just making sure its totes sterile
  • ndz2018 said:
    OK!! Meds have arrived now I just have to wait about 4 weeks to get AF again and its GO TIME! Wow I feel Like sh*t just got REAL!!
    so exciting... its so funny how we go our whole teens and 20's hating af... then hating it again during ttc. then wishing it was coming next week when you are waiting for a transfer :)
  • @dragonette505 So true! I’m hoping to enjoy these next few weeks without any appointment , meds , etc and just be ... cause when AF gets here who knows when the next time I’ll be this free.
  • Hi gals, I am so confused this month...so I took your advice and called my RE to find out why she wanted me to do Ovidrel and it seemed like it was for timed BD.
    But this morning I did the OPK and it was positive so I called again. I know I am being annoying now, but need to know if I should still take it...got a call back from the nurse to go ahead and take it anyway because "it has uncertain properties that help the follicle"...I didn't. Other asking any more question because that made no sense to me....
    What do you guys think? Should I take it? Taking a poll here
  • @smittenkitten_aka_knottie821 I’ve never done time intercourse because we went straight to IVF  so I know Nothing about that. What is your diagnosis ? Or are you guys unexplained ?
  • @J1006 AHHHH OMG YAY!!!! FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Ugh to the BCP BUT YAY FOR YOUR EMBRYOS!!! And 1 of each AMAZING! Do you guys know what you’ll be transferring ? So so sooooo happy for you!
  • *lurking...planning for March, but chance I might end up In April* :) 

@J1006 Congrats on your 2 little snow babies! So glad you were able to retest!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 OH SNAP WHAT UP GIRL?!! Whats going on? 
  • J1006J1006 member
    edited February 2018
    We were floored that both tested normal. We decided to transfer the girl. We just found out my sister is expecting again and is having her second boy. Originally we were just going to transfer the highest quality but they are both graded the same so we figured we would make the decision not our embryologist. 

@ndz2018. Seriously about the BCP. I was on it all last month because if my cancelled transfer and have to be on it 30 days this time. I’m ready to be done with it. 
  • @J1006 YUP! We have 1 boy and 4 girls!!! The boy is 6BA  and all the girls are 6BB , HOWEVER that being said my nurse told me that with PGS testing there’s about a 5% swing from AA to CC since they’re all normal you should be good!! We had the same mentality about picking our embryo we were like well since we have 5 what if two of them are the same exact grading and it’s a boy and girl do we really want a stranger making that decision? We have decided to go with the boy... H says he feels more comfortable that our daughter(s) will have an older brother to look out for her(or them lol).
  • @ndz2018 Hey girl!!! Just lurking lol I saw a familiar face posted here, so checked in :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @J1006 congrats on your girl and boy!

@kristimh80 how are you doing?
  • @laurengon82 Hey there! I'm good...hope your are doing well yourself! I feel like this month is creeping along!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• I got my treatment plan.  I’ll be using lupron, estridol patch, estrace tablets, endometrin and PIO.  Transfer date is scheduled for April 10th, and will be transferring one 5d blast.  Hopefully time will start going faster cause I definitely agree that this month is dragging.
  • J1006 said:
    @smittenkitten_aka_knottie821. I also have no experience with this. If you trust your RE I would take it. 

AFM, my embryos both came back normal. We have one boy and one girl!  My transfer date is set for April 19. I have to be on BCP for 30 days to work with the office schedule but I start my Lupron on St Patrick’s Day and get my first estrogen shot on Easter. 
    Congrats!!
  • I got my treatment plan.  I’ll be using lupron, estridol patch, estrace tablets, endometrin and PIO.  Transfer date is scheduled for April 10th, and will be transferring one 5d blast.  Hopefully time will start going faster cause I definitely agree that this month is dragging.
    Yay for transfer date! Do you mean a day 5 (5d as you put it)? Just checking... lots of clinics use number and letter grading for embryos and a 5d embie would be unusual. Just wanna let you know. (For example, I’ll be transferring a 5ab and a 5bb but discarded embies with d grading) 
  • @dragonette505 Oh yes I meant it’s a 5 day embie!  I have 2 other frozen that are 6 day which the RE made it seem like are not as good.  It’s grade was either AA or AB...I can’t remember.  I do know that my last transfer was an AA and that resulted in the very early miscarriage.  We couldn’t afford the genetic testing, (my insurance doesn’t cover it) so I don’t know anything else about them. 
  • @laurengon82 Yeah we had to pay for PGS  testing OOP too, insurance covered everything but that package. I’m sorry to hear about you MC.  Let’s hope this FET is it for you and all of us on this April FETs thread!!
  • @dragonette505 Oh yes I meant it’s a 5 day embie!  I have 2 other frozen that are 6 day which the RE made it seem like are not as good.  It’s grade was either AA or AB...I can’t remember.  I do know that my last transfer was an AA and that resulted in the very early miscarriage.  We couldn’t afford the genetic testing, (my insurance doesn’t cover it) so I don’t know anything else about them. 
    Awesome!! Most ppl i think have to pay for pgd/pgs and it gets costly!! I think with those grades you have a great chance! 
  • @ndz2018 and @dragonette505 thank you, and yes FX that this is the month for us all!
  • mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think PGS is covered anywhere. We are paying out of pocket for it as well. Although maybe in New Jersey I swear they cover a ton for maternity leave/fertility 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva my insurance was awesome for IVF covered pretty much everything but unfortunately we don’t have maturity leave. I do Have the ability to bank my sick time/comp/ vacation .  Right now I have About 4 months banked but since We’ll hopefully be expecting a LO in late Dec it all kinda works out perfect because with a new year we get new time. I’ll also be taking FMLA when I run out of paid days off. I have Aflac too.
  • ndz2018  that's amazing!! Sweet! I have crap leave but that's just do to my company. You have to accrue before you can use which blows my mind.But it's okay just means I'll be super savey when pregnant to save up money for the unpaid time. I'm happy if I can get the 12 weeks. Right now I only have 4 days saved up and one is def going to retrieval. Random question..did you take off the day after retrieval?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP