Infertility
Options

APRIL FET

Re: APRIL FET

• Options
    @mcgeeva Luckily my retrieval was 12/29 which was the Friday before a 3 day weekend so I was Off till tue... however feeling the way I did after my retrieval I wouldve taken the next day off. I was really sore and didn’t feel well for about 3 days after BUT that’s just me. My SIL retrieval was on a Wed and she went back to work the next day. Everyone is different.  
  • Options
    ndz2018 see and I don't remember from years ago. Well I guess I will give it a go and just see what happens. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mcgeeva When is your ER
  • Options
    ndz2018  right now it's scheduled for March 7th but I'm wondering if it will move up. I use to always be slow responding to stims but seems to be going okay this time around. I'll see what the progress in tomorrow when I go.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    mcgeeva said:
    ndz2018  right now it's scheduled for March 7th but I'm wondering if it will move up. I use to always be slow responding to stims but seems to be going okay this time around. I'll see what the progress in tomorrow when I go.
    Hope they see lots and lots a follies tomorrow!! 
  • Options
    Me too I want to get this show on the road. I swear im still more nervous about the outcome of all the testing with everyone saying how they start with so many darn eggs and only 5 out of 30 usually make it. Super crazy. But then again if I got two great embryos I would be happy to get one transferred. 

• Options
    @mcgeeva That’s what we got. We had 29 retrieved , 12 embryos made it to day 5 and five PGS normal... plus 3 mosaics embryos that they don’t recommend for transfer I’m assuming we would have to retest them if we ever went through 5 normal embryos and needed to use the 3 mosaic ones. 
  • Options
    ndz2018 That's so interesting. I'm also curious what the protocol is after transfer. Is it mandatory 24 bedrest or go on with your day? Also when do they do betas after a FET? Clearly I still have a bunch of questions.  

• Options
    @mcgeeva I’m not sure either... this is my first rodeo. I’m sure the day of transfer they want you to relax. I know my SIL was back to work the next day and had a weight restriction was told not to lift anything I think It was 30lbs, but not sure about the actual pounds so don’t quote me on that number. 
  • Options
    kristimh80  haha so true. When I work from home I do more - clean etc. Well shoot it better fall during a week day because I live outdoors on the weekends. I'm tempted to ask my doctor for a note to get two extra days from home after and just hand to HR so I don't have to discuss with anyone. 

• Options
    @ ndz2018 I have left tube that was occluded  in one hsg and open on another, then had polyp removal this month, but didnt really see it before, so really unexplained IF. 

@J1006, I trust my RE, but sometimes I feel like I don't get enough informations. She's good at answering questions when I am there, but if i have questions later, her nurses and staff are not that great, but they do at least get back to you.

So I took the Ovidrel on friday and had a horrible headache all of Saturday and some of Sunday. FX it worked. Now in TTW...hoping for a miracle!
  • Options
    mcgeeva said:
    ndz2018 That's so interesting. I'm also curious what the protocol is after transfer. Is it mandatory 24 bedrest or go on with your day? Also when do they do betas after a FET? Clearly I still have a bunch of questions.  
    Hey... My last clinic just had me relax day of transfer and back to normal (ish) day after. They wanted me to keep moving around to encourage blood flow to the uterus, but not to run any marathons or anything. Some clinics have ladies do a week of bed rest. Ive seen youtubers who had that and it looks miserable. I think just go by what your clinic suggests since thats going to make you feel most confident about the outcome (you wouldnt want to wonder the whole time if the transfer didnt take because you were too active or too sedentary or whatever.).
  • Options
    @ ndz2018 I have left tube that was occluded  in one hsg and open on another, then had polyp removal this month, but didnt really see it before, so really unexplained IF. 

@J1006, I trust my RE, but sometimes I feel like I don't get enough informations. She's good at answering questions when I am there, but if i have questions later, her nurses and staff are not that great, but they do at least get back to you.

So I took the Ovidrel on friday and had a horrible headache all of Saturday and some of Sunday. FX it worked. Now in TTW...hoping for a miracle!
    congrats!! wait... did you just do an FET? Im confused/forgot since i think the rest of us are planning for April?
  • Options
    @dragonette505 no I didn't do a FET, that's scheduled for end of March possible April.
    I had the polyp removed and went back for a check up to my RE and since I had. It ovulated yet, she said I should try a natural cycle and see how it goes, but then called me the next day and said I should take the Ovidrel, which I did take....Now waiting and will do a beta beginning of March.
    I had read to drink Pomagrante juice, do you guys know what that is for?
  • Options
    @smittenkitten_aka_knottie821 pomegranate is for blood flow and building up the lining of the uterus for Implantation 
  • Options
    Hello everyone - I might pop in here and join you if that's ok :)
    As a brief intro, this is my second IVF (details in siggy - but **TW loss mentioned**). I had a round of stims in February (I see some Feb ladies here ***waves***) and got 3 little snowbabies. We didn't consider fresh transfer as I had OHSS last time, and also our clinic doesn't do PGS testing - so while these three look good, I don't have that extra level of chromosomal confidence. I spoke with RE this morning and I look good to go. I have to wait on AF (due March 18th - but I'm usually irregular) and then start all the lovely hormones again with ET hopefully early April.
    Constant rounds of waiting/hormones/waiting/hormones......  I hate waiting. And pumping me full of hormones does not help with frustration!!!
    GL everyone <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Options
    @roisis Just wanted to say hi! Hopefully, this month goes by fast for you!! I agree...it all is a hurry up and wait deal! Once the last round was started, it seemed to go so quickly, now it's like "crickets" just waiting around! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @roisis glad to see you here.  FX April is our month!
  • Options
    I'm guessing everyone is still waiting for their transfer dates for april? I'm thinking I won't know anything until I get a period after my retrieval tomorrow. I'm so curious to hear how many embryos make it after all the PGD testing. 

• Options
    @mcgeeva When did they say your results would be back? Hopefully you period comes soon. I know getting that was a huge relief and helped get rid of a lot of bloating. Not sure if my transfer will be March or April...they say there 2nd period can be late, so hanging out lingering between boards now :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    kristimh80 I honestly have no idea. I am going to ask tomorrow at ER. Then I guess I will get weekly reports? We have never done PGD so no clue really. Guess it will be a long month for everyone waiting...

• Options
    roisis hey.. glad to have you on board!! Heck... I'm Hoping im still April! lol I was looking at my new clinics website and it looks like their FET cycles are long! Ugh... hoping thats just an outline else I may end up in May! lol
  • Options
    @mcgeeva FX you get your answers soon!! My results were back in a week, but some friends was closer to 2 weeks. So hang in there :) 

@dragonette505 Oh no! I can't imagine this process being any slower, muchless them trying a longer protocol! I remember my 1st IVF consult they said it could be 2 1/2 - 3 months...I don't think I took that seriously lol So now I'm trying everything to stay busy to pass the time!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @mcgeeva FX you get your answers soon!! My results were back in a week, but some friends was closer to 2 weeks. So hang in there :) 

@dragonette505 Oh no! I can't imagine this process being any slower, muchless them trying a longer protocol! I remember my 1st IVF consult they said it could be 2 1/2 - 3 months...I don't think I took that seriously lol So now I'm trying everything to stay busy to pass the time!
    With my last clinic the FET was pretty simple: Wait till you ovulate, trigger, start on progesterone and estrogen... transfer and thats it. On the website, my current clinic has you taking BCP's and then lupron ahead of transfer! UGH... I hope thats just a general outline
  • Options
    @dragonette505 I have to do BC for 3 weeks once I get my period. I am curious if there is as much monitoring appointments for a FET?  And do most places so go back to normal activity right after your FET is done?

• Options
    @mcgeeva Not sure about other clinics, but I only have 2 monitoring appointments scheduled.  The first is March 19th to make sure the ovaries are sleeping and then another on April 4th where I believe they will check the uterine lining.  Then my transfer is scheduled for April 10th.  Two days of “bed rest”.  The nurse at my clinic said just laying around relaxing.  No house cleaning or anything like that and nothing that will stress you out.  I also am on bc until the 10th and I start lupron on the 8th.
  • Options
    mcgeeva said:
    @dragonette505 I have to do BC for 3 weeks once I get my period. I am curious if there is as much monitoring appointments for a FET?  And do most places so go back to normal activity right after your FET is done?
    I think it depends on clinics... my last clinic i got to use my natural cycle. Its a lot less monitoring, but because my lining tends to be thin, I had several visits.... its much lower pressure and I definitely felt a ton better since in that case i wasnt on any hormones before ovulating. Im pretty sure my current clinic will be a minimal visit kind of place. Every clinic has a different ethos on activity after transfer. My last clinic wanted you back to normal the next day since they want to ensure healthy blood flow to the uterus, but on day of transfer, couch potato is totally fine. Ive seen youtubers who had a week of bed rest post transfer (which seems insane). My thought is, go with the protocol of your clinic so you wont be wondering if something you do or dont do will impact your transfer.

• Options
    J1006J1006 member
    @dragonette505 the BCP/Lupron protocol you mentioned is what I’m on. I’m currently on the BCP portion with a transfer date of April 19th. This is seriously taking forever. My RE said it would take 4 months. We started end of September with testing and I won’t find out if this transfer works until almost May. I’m actually looking forward to injections again because then I feel like I’m doing something not just waiting around. 

I think I have three monitoring appointments after I get my next period around March 26th. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the hellos and welcomes :)
    It definitely seems like there is a lot of variation between clinics. I'll only have 2 monitoring appointments, and I was told last time afterwards to get back to my normal routine asap. I basically had to stay lying down for 10 minutes and after that it was up and about and do what I normally do - including jogging - I asked! I think I did stay as still as possible for the rest of the day though :)
    @dragonette505  One thing I don't understand is why some people have to wait for ovulation and trigger when the embryo is ready to go? Is this only if doing a natural cycle? I won't be taking BC or Lupron but I'm taking HRTs so they've basically said they're hijacking my normal cycle so I guess that's why they're not tracking ovulation. (I think I may have answered my own questions there!!) But I really hope you're not left waiting much longer to get going - I know how frustrating the wait is <3
    @mcgeeva Best of luck with retrieval today :) I think the length of time for AF to arrive is somewhat dependant on the trigger. Last time I triggered with Pregnyl and waiting ~12 days, but this time with Suprefract it arrived after ~5 days
    kristimh80 2nd period after can be late? - Ah, good to know :) I was freaking out back in January to get going with stims as AF was late. But honestly, I've to go for a short trip for work in early April, so it would suit me for this to start a little later this time around!

**History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• Options
    @mcgeeva GL with retrieval today!!  I got my AF 8 days after my ER.

@roisis Welcome to the APRIL FET club! My AF is due around 3/20-22 but everytime it’s supposed to come it never does. So I wouldnt Be surprised if it’s late.

I kinda wish I had a Better time line but the wheels of IVF are SLLLOOOOWWWWW so you never know.
  • Options
    @roisis Happy Retrieval Day!!! <3 Hope you get some good rest today! My doctor said periods can be wonky after retrieval, so who knows! I'm only on CD 30 right now, so not too late yet. My period after retrieval was 5 days later though. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    roisis As for FET's... they can vary between clinics. The reason they had to wait for me to ovulate is because I wanted a natural FET. I have no idea why my last clinic had me trigger after I ovulated naturally I wouldve thought i didnt need it... They never gave a good reason. I got the feeling they did it because ultimately they wanted HCG in my system. Some clinics do hcg shots even if its not a natural cycle and they have the woman on BCP's. I have seen that some women get an HCG wash in their uterus or HCG injections in their uterine lining.. maybe these docs just hope it will help an embie stick.
    I should find out today what meds will be ordered and I am seeing my RE tomorrow to make sure my ute looks good and I guess to talk about the protocol
  • Options
    @kristimh80 I believe your good wishes are for @mcgeeva Sooo easily done here :)<3
    I momentarily got a shock - Eeek another ER - how did I miss that??!!!
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• Options
    @roisis Oops!! lol I think I read another post and your names were both next to each other on it. I shouldn't be commenting early in the morning probably lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    WELLLL
    I just spoke to my scheduling nurse and they do not do natural FET cycles... I'm so bummed! My options are sit out this cycle entirely (have a natural cycle) and wait for AF. With my NEXT ovulation (sometime in the middle of April) I will start Lupron until AF. On day three of that cycle I would begin estrace (3x pd) for 10 days along with doxicycline. After 10 days I get BW and US for lining check. If the lining is thick and estrogen high I begin PIO (this will be my first time on PIO) and transfer 5 days later. I can decide between 1 or 2 embies. My Other option is to skip this cycle as a down cycle and begin lupron THIS cycle directly after ovulation... I'm just bummed that I cant have one cycle down and transfer next month :(
    Anyway.. I see my RE tomorrow to discuss a bit while she does my Ultrasound so I guess I will decide by tomorrow
  • Options
    Hey everybody! I am gonna join in if that’s ok!  This wait is killer!
    I start Lupron March 12th. I go for baseline bw and ultrasound 26th and then start estradiol valerate shots twice a week.  I am scheduled tentatively for April 13th. I will start progesterone suppositories 5 days prior. My doctor recommends a 24 hour rest. 
  • Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited March 2018
    @dragonette505 how frustrating but good lord I don’t understand the FET process. Glad you will discuss tomorrow. How will you decide how many to put in??

Welcome @shae44

• Options
    @dragonette505  Ugh - how frustrating. GL in talking to your RE today - maybe she can help make things clearer xx
    Hey 
    @shae44 - nice to see you here :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited March 2018
    @shae44 Welcome! My AF should be around March 22nd-ish give it take a few days it’s never on time so we may be FET buddies. They don’t gave me in Lupron at all. Is it normal the be on lupron before FET?

@dragonette505 WTF? Sounds annoying! Why can’t they just let you do a natural? How did the saline Sono go ?