June 2018 Moms

Weekly Rants Welcome Here (w/o Feb 5)

124»

Re: Weekly Rants Welcome Here (w/o Feb 5)

• amys614amys614 member
    edited February 2018
    I made cinnamon rolls, nothing fancy, just the kind out of the tube. I saw someone on Facebook having them and had to make some. Also made a scrambled egg and some fruit to go with it so I could feel better about my choices, and I can't even taste anything! Stupid cold.  I'm not even THAT stuffy. What a waste of delicious cinnamon rolls. 

Oh and it's snowing here in Chicago AGAIN. And I think my plow guy is too overwhelmed this week, that he's been doing a crappy job when he does come. 

@Austenista wait, is CFA better in Georgia? That may explain it! The girl who originally told me I have to try it, lives in Georgia. I'll eat it, but always wonder what the big fuss is. It's good, don't get me wrong, but she made it seem so much better. I do really like their superfood side salad and diet lemonade though! And all the sauces to choose from.  The fries are never salty enough for me. Maybe that's more my problem than theirs lol

Edited bc stupid auto correct 
  • @amys614 uh huh. Much better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Austenista hmm. I tried it once and couldn't even get through my first bite. It was so anticlimactic. Like a smooshed bun with a chicken patty. I was so sad. That was like 5 years ago. Maybe I'll try it again someday. We are pretty far from Georgia, though, haha. 

@amys614 we got another 4-5 inches overnight. Our stupid HOA still has not cleaned up anything, which is so annoying. Our HOA fee is ridiculous. I don't think it's supposed to snow anymore this week, though.
  • @doxiemoxie212 my heart breaks every time I hear/see anyone behaving that way. Especially towards toddlers/preschool children.... They have zero clue what your even doing besides hurting them. 

My related rant -- I have a bunch of people (a group of my cousins) on my Facebook posting/sharing all kinds of nonsense about how they should have the "right" to hit their kids and the "proper" way to do it... and they're all TERRIBLE parents. Their children are terribly behaved, they are completely checked out any time I see them with their kids, and just the way they talk to their kids has put them on my list of "never being left alone with my children". We avoid spending much time with them in general & I just want to scream at them all right now. 
  • @bearmoons I hope we are mostly done with snow for the season now. A small one here or there, fine, but this stretch was a doozy!
  • Guys... my closest Chik Fil A is 3.5 hours away. I'd seriously think of getting some, we love it so much. That being said, my DH's passport has expired, so that would be a delay in getting some. Plus, we are kinda glad there isn't any over here in Canada. I would CRUSH those waffle fries and put the sauce on everything. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice.