June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Rants Welcome Here (w/o Feb 5)

Re: Weekly Rants Welcome Here (w/o Feb 5)

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 funny that you're carrying low because my mom is completely convinced that the wives tale about how you carry and gender is 100% accurate. So it's kinda interesting since you're having a girl so it fits. My boy is sitting so high that during the a/s yesterday his head was basically at my ribs. And @catlady1215 I do have a pretty long torso and I feel like he's taking advantage. Kid is totally stretched out in there. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 I carried DS super low. He felt like he was trying to head but his way out the whole 9 months. DD and this LO are both just kinda front and center. I love how old wives tales vary so much because I’ve always heard low = boy. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dinodna3 that's funny. I don't really buy into it that much, but my mom swears by it. I do find them interesting though. I just learned one where if you touch your pinkie to your thumb on your left hand, the number of lines between the two main lines is how many kids you'll have. Like where do people come up with these things? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @bearmoons - I'd be really annoyed by that as well.  To keep the peace perhaps just put really generic stuff on there (diapers, wipes, sippy cups, etc.) and only have maybe 10 things there.  People that look at it won't find much they think is cute and they'll go look at the other stores.  At least, that's how I work.  They also have the completion coupon, so you'd get that at least.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
     My bump still just looks like a muffin top. I think it looks like I might be pregnant and not just packing on the winter weight but its not round and cute or firm. I think because I have a long torso and some fluff that the babe is just spreading up instead of out and pushing my muffin top out. I'm hoping when my bump gets bigger the muffin top will just spread out over the whole thing. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Three hours wasted, as our stupid OS caused everything I was working on to vanish into thin air just as I was on the very last row of adjustments. Gah!
    On a positive note, I get to come in tomorrow and do it all over again. As DD would say, "sweet gumdrops!" 
  • Options
    @bearmoons I was going to suggest the same thing as @mytinc I'd just throw a few little things on there to make her happy. unless she'll go for covering that part of the invite up, that's even easier.

@laceybee522 I'm having a really hard time with our couch! its the same couch we had with DS, but we just had to get our cushions restuffed last year... annnd apparently I went alittle softer than before. I told DH I'm really going to have an issue after the csection. I did get our chair restuffed with a tiny bit firmer insides (same size and fabric), so I might have to switch out one cushion till I heal and can use my abdominal muscles again.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 Oooh, I've never thought of having the cushions restuffed. The back cushions are the main problem. I'm going to look into it, thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catlady1215 You can get cushions restuffed?! I had no idea it was a thing. We were looking at all new furniture but I don't want to bite the bullet with baby coming so soon. Going to check on this! :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @laceybee522 @aharv77 yah! ask around to reupholstery places. Not all did them, we found a couple. it did cost us about 500 for 4 cushions. But the 'bones' of our furniture is perfectly fine and I didn't want to deal with getting rid of or buying awhole new set for way more than that!

when we bought the set, we were young.. first timers.. no kids. didn't know you should NOT do springs in cushions. our son DESTROYED them. THE lumpiest things you could ever imagine. i was embarrassed when people came over. so we got them gutted and all foam.

• Options
    I told DH last night I hadn’t packed his dress pants, dress shirts or suit yet because I needed to put them in a garment bag. He said he’d do it. I saw the garment bag in the suitcase. 

Now, 5 min before registration he goes, “hey where’d you pack my dress pants?” Um. I didn’t. You did. Except he did not. Thankfully he did pack his suit pants. But guess where I’m going tomorrow? The outlet mall to buy him dress pants. Sigh. 

(And now he’s texting me that he feels super under dressed bc he brought a more summer, light color/fabric suit and everyone else is v dressed up. Ugh.)
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 At least those outlets are awesome. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @jsl82 +1000 on being sick of being sick!!! 
    I was going to do the hotel room thing too, but DH said he didn't want to, which is beyond me. I should have gone alone. Enjoy your (hopefully) restful slumber and happy early birthday! 
  • Options
    @kfren I wasn't planning on bringing MH to the hotel- I wanted to just sleep- just me and the bump and a million pillows (so I can be as comfortable as possible with said bump) in a king sized bed.  I ended up not booking because hotel rooms were more expensive- I assume due to Valentine's day- than I had wanted to spend.  I say book a room and sleep alone if your DH won't come along.  

Thanks for the early birthday wishes.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    As stated in the positive focus post, I’m not working today. I dropped DD at daycare and decided to stop for a bagel sandwich and drink coffee from a real mug. The little place is packed, with more people coming in, so I tried to sit at the counter. There’s one empty spot, and this man is sitting in the next seat, but his stuff is spread all over and he’s resting his arm on what should be the back of my chair. Like, other people want to sit! So I sat at a table that seats 4 and feel like an ass, but I’m uncomfortable asking him to consolidate his sh*t.
  • Options
    Ugh, so DH is spending like every waking moment at this conference, which fine, but it's not really what we'd talked about (for instance, there is a "club" night tonight with a DJ, and he's going to stay for the whole thing, which I think is a little weird because I'm sorry, I just don't think anyone is actually building stronger relationships at a club event once everyone gets trashed, but whatever). It's fine, though; I get it, he's having a good time, and he's meeting people he likes.

But so when he got back to the room this afternoon to change for the evening, I had been napping, and the door closing woke me up, but I was still groggy. He immediately started talking about how this is the most valuable thing he's ever done for his career, and I giggled because I think it's a little absurd for anyone to say something is valuable before it's 1) even complete, 2) has waited a bit to see if there is any actual lasting value from it, but 3) I also giggled because I was half asleep. He started ranting about how I'm not being supportive, and I'm being dismissive of him. Honestly super out of character for him, so I think there were probably some weird conversations in the panels today (he admitted later that it was functioning a lot like an MLM, motivational speaker type event, and that if he thinks about it from a distance it was really strange content) about people not attending these events not "getting it" or something. 

Whatever, fine, but I am running out of shit I can order via room service to eat, and the plan beforehand had been that he'd eat dinner with me, etc. I'm trying to just focus on being happy that the weather is nice, etc., but it's so annoying that he's like giving me shit about not being supportive when I'm literally just hanging out by myself all day, not bothering/guilting him at all, not texting or gchatting him asking if/when he's coming back, etc., just going with the flow. Like, bruh, if you're going to act like I'm already doing those things I might as well start. 

Also resorts are way more fun when you can drink booze lol. I miss alcohol. 
  • Options
    @kraske same, esp from the side. I walked to the CVS next door for a snack with my coworker and saw myself in the window I just look fat from the side the bump has no definition or form really. I only like pictures of my bump from the front and in something skin tight, otherwise I don't look pg.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 sorry the trip is not turning out how you had hoped- the non-stop schedule of these events is why I don't go with DH on any of his work trips.  Try to enjoy your alone time- I would kill for some right now.

Yesterday I felt my sinus infection returning- and I just don't want to take another round of antibiotics so I'm just gonna be miserable for a week or so until it runs it's course (hopefully it's finally gone this time).   I was telling DH that I felt horrible last night so he had to one up me- and started throwing up again this morning.  I know it's not his fault, but I am so angry with him right now.  I just need a week to not be taking care of everything around here. I just need him to be the healthy one- and take care of DD so I can get some sleep... but that clearly won't be happening.  I told him to go to urgent care when they opened at 9am today- but he went back to bed and said he's go this afternoon.  Last time I went there was a 30 minute wait per person in front of you.  Its' Saturday during the worst flu season in recent history and he wants to wait until the waiting room is packed.  Is it wrong to make him sleep on the couch in the basement?  I don't want him getting his germs all over the living room (where DD plays) and I don't want to look at him much less share a bed with him right now.   
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Chick-fil-a has changed their breakfast burrito and I'm not a fan. Before, it was a proper breakfast burrito with peppers and onions. Now it's just their new hashbrown scramble inside of a tortilla. We're transitioning to plant based (mostly for health reasons) and this was our "be kind to ourselves" as we go through the process of removing things from our diet morning. Womp. So bland. Why do restaurants do this? "This is delicious but let's replace it with this not-delicious thing to ruin everything." 

I wish I had saved my off the plan meal for something that would have been more delicious. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista, I find that Chick-fil-A is generally overrated and bland (belated FFFC?). I hate it when the expectation let's you down. Sorry.

AFM, yet another weekend here working on my proposal that is due Monday. My boss just got me comments on my 7 page research plan this morning. He only made it through the first four and a half pages so far, and there were over 90 comments. I've gone through to read them, and now I'm down to only 72. Omg. It sounds like I've procrastinated I suppose, but he's had the proposal for two weeks now, and this is the final and most important document to work on. Ugh. I know his comments will be super helpful, but it's just a lot all at once.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @icecubeinthedesert As an ATL native, I am admittedly a CFA snob. If this sounds annoying, that's unintentional, but I'll say it anyway. The farther you get from Georgia, I find the less delicious CFA is going to be. Moving away from GA, bomb CFA is one of the things I really miss and I'm just a state over. DH and I were lamenting this morning about missing Truett's (it's a CFA diner-style sit down restaurant south of ATL - their dwarf houses are similar) where they'd have a breakfast/brunch buffet. I grew up on the north side and their biscuits in my hometown are unparalleled. Now, I still love them and eat there, but its particularly the breakfast I find that just is never the same to what I know it could be. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel I should throw out a FFFC. I've never had CFA. It's 15-20 min drive from us so not convenient for dinner pick up. And I'm weird with chicken from restaurants anyway, not sure why.
  • Options
    Chick-fil-a is the shizzle.  I never order beef things from fast food places so it works for me.  And waffle fries are delish.
  • Options
    Our closest Chick-fil-a is close to 100 miles away  :'( I crave it so bad all the time. Also they always have great, clean play areas for the kids which is high on my list of wants in fast food right now, lol.
  • Options
    Why is it that when DH and I have a schedule conflict (i.e. my glucose tolerance test/OB appointment Monday morning and I just now hear that he has a dentist appointment Monday morning) it’s my problem to either take DD with me or find someone to watch her? Like it’s never his problem. I get that I only work one day a week so I’m generally the free parent, but when I rarely need coverage, it’s a huge deal. Like if I have to write my every thing on the calendar he should too! That way when I have to schedule things, I can easily work it around him! He has no concept of this!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I noticed a couple of rando’s on the board today and I just don’t have it in me to give the spiel, provide the links, and ask for participation. Is it just me? I’m over the hand holding thing. Maybe my patience will return in a few days. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @l2588 Ugh. That is really annoying. A dentist appointment seems easier to move, can he just reschedule?

Also, I saw some names I didn’t recognize, but have been on mobile, so can’t check post history. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 his is 8:00 Monday morning so I’m sure it’s the first appointment of the day, so I’d feel bad for them if I made him cancel at the last minute. It’s just so frustrating because if he’d told me about it even last week one of us could have rescheduled to work around it! I just wish for him to use his brain sometimes  :D

But yeah the 2 I saw had literally 0 other post history. Le sigh.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PS @LaceyBee522 idk if you’re on iPhone but I found a way on mobile!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    l2589 said:
    PS @LaceyBee522 idk if you’re on iPhone but I found a way on mobile!

Whaaaaaat? My mind is blown. 
  • Options
    @l2589 omyword!! Notifications! Post histories! You won for the night.
  • Options
    @l2589 woah!!! You totally just 1up my rando people stalker game ;)
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @l2589  Well done! Yes, I’m on iPhone and just assumed there was no way to see it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @l2589 any chance of finding a way within the app?  :p
  • Options
    @stephcat421 I think that’s beyond my skill set  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At the airport peeing and this woman in the bathroom keeps threatening to hit her toddler daughter and then I hear smacking/slapping sounds. It breaks my heart that with all the research and evidence about how corporal punishment 1) is ineffective, 2) leads to emotional problems that parents still hit their kids. :(