March 2018 Moms

MOMS (MoMs of multiples) weekly check in for the week of February 4th

edited March 2018 in March 2018 Moms
Hi ladies - This is for all of us expecting more than one little blessing! How are you doing this week? 
Feel free to post bump pics or ultrasound pics and of course babies pics when they finally get here.!.!

OUR Multiple Mommies!!

37wks cut off @Momma6angels11,@kikikav
38wks cut off @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake,@Mnddnvn,  @amanning2011@Sardavbak , @vflux33 

@lexigirl1228 ;EDD 3/4 B/B
@awolfff EDD 3/8 B/G
@Momma6angels11  EDD 3/9 B/G
@Sardavbak EDD 3/12
@vflux33 EDD 3/14 B/B
@i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake EDD 3/14 B/B
@Mnddnvn EDD 3/16 B/G
@Syssa-o EDD 3/21 B/G
@amanning2011 EDD 3/25 G/G
@Gingham EDD 3/26 B/B
@kikikav EDD 3/29 G/G

Congratulations to @awolfff ,@Momma6angels11@i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake , @Sardavbak@vflux and @mnddnvn On having their twins!!

Wondering if @lexigirl1228 had her twins yet or not?

1. How far along are you? Or how old are the babies? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??

2. Any recent appointment updates,if not when is your next appt?

3. How are you feeling?

4. Best moment with the babies this week?

5. Any Rants/ Raves/Questions, or  Advice ? 

Re: MOMS (MoMs of multiples) weekly check in for the week of February 4th

• 1. How far along are you? Or how old are the babies? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??
    33 weeks today. As of the last growth scan (25th) A was 2lb13oz and B was 2lb12oz, and Ovia says they are the size of ferrets, which is what it feels like is running around in there, lol! I have another growth scan this Thursday so hoping for some good news about their growth.
    My OB appointment last week my doctor decided I would see him for the rest of the pregnancy rather than a midwife because of the GD and IUGR. So far I've managed to avoid pre-eclampsia which is a blessing. Baby A looks like she if finally starting to turn to be head down! I have an OB appointment on Wednesday and another growth scan on Thursday.
    3. How are you feeling?
    Big even though I know I'm measuring a little small because the girls are, too. I live in AZ so it's starting to get warm here and I'm already wanting to turn on the AC. Still trying to get the nursery cleared out so I can get everything set up, though we are looking at buying a bigger house so I'm not sure if I should just start packing stuff up in case we get the house we're looking at or just wait to see if we get it before packing things up.
    How active they are. With the severe IUGR it's so comforting to feel how active they are and how much they move.
    I'm getting kind of mixed messages from my OB. He said as long as A is head down we can attempt a vaginal birth, but this last appointment he said that we still may have a default c-section just depending on who is on call at the hospital if he's not available. I would just like some straight answers about it.

@vflux33 I understand being down about the growth restriction :/ I keep reminding myself that as long as their blood flow is good there's not much to really worry about. Babies are really good at taking what they need for their growth from mom. I've seen 2 different MFM at the same practice and they have both said that since their blood flow is good the girls are probably just petite which is really reassuring.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited February 2018
    @amanning2011 Yeah I’m being told the same —as long as those cord Doppler’s look good, and as long as they continue growing a fair amount, we’re not in horrible shape. It’s still really frustrating though. I wish we could do more, but I seriously couldn’t eat another ounce. I almost threw up yesterday trying to eat extra because of this. I don’t know about you, but I want them to bake and put on more weight but at the same time really looking forward to being done with this pregnancy and being able to assess their health outside my body, get some actual info and not just estimates and guesses.

I hope you get good news or at least neutral news on Thursday regarding their growth! 
  • @momma6angels11 Congratulations mamma! They look great and are so cute!

BabyFruit Ticker

Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Beta Study:
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
  • @momma6angels11 Congratulations! They are beautiful!!
  • @momma6angels11 Congratulations! They are both super cute and look very healthy!!
  • @momma6angels11 they are gorgeous! Congratulations!
  • @momma6angels11 OMG I just looked again and noticed the "A" and "B" on their little caps and I am cracking up!!! :D
  • @momma6angels11 Congratulations! They are beautiful!!
  • Oh my goodness @momma6angels11 they are adorable!  Congrats!

Well...I lost my mucus plug last night.  My doctor wanted me to immediately stop working and at home on bedrest.  Today they were measuring 5lb 7oz and 5lb 4oz, so decent sizes, but I'm only 33+3 so they need to stay in for at least 2 more weeks.  Although seeing these babies being born is getting me pretty excited!
  • 1. How far along are you? Or how old are the babies? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??

34+4 and both babies have reached 5lbs (23rd percentile)

Had an MFM ultrasound this morning and babies are looking good and thankfully have reached 5 lbs, which seems like respectable weights, though they are technically measuring one week younger than their gestational age.

3. How are you feeling?

Feeling okay, considering I’m on day 26 of bedrest and day 20 of being in the hospital. On Saturday night I had 12 hours of contractions 2 minutes apart and then...nothing happened. I was feeling really emotional the next day. I mean I want them to stay in as long as possible but to feel like they are coming and then not; it’s an emotional roller coaster.

Got some nice 4-d photos of them at our ultrasound this morning, which was exciting as they are so smooshed together these days it’s hard to get a good look at their faces.

Hang in there everyone! This little group has been an awesome support and I always look forward to reading everyone’s updates. Twin mamas unite!

• *lurking* congratulations to @momma6angels11
  • @momma6angels11 they are adorable, congrats mama  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mnddnvn Agh I can't believe you've been in the hospital so long! Have they told you at what point they're going to go ahead and induce? Are you/they still trying to make it to 38 weeks? 
  • @awolfff Awwww what a great pic! Very cute. I love the A and B caps on yours too.

Do they do those for all twins to keep track? When I saw that on @momma6angels11's twins I thought it was kind of an inside joke for other MoMs!
  • @vflux33 My doctor is still holding out hope I make it to 38 weeks! I think that’s crazy! 
  • Haha yeah, I think it’s more for tracking than anything. definitely kept the hats though! They are funny :)
  • @mnddnvn That just seems like SO LONG to be in the hospital now that we're all "late preterm", just sounds like an eternity. I mean they're the doctors and they know best, not saying you should go against them, but if this is a big enough deal to keep you there I'm surprised they aren't at least bumping up your cutofff a week or 2. 

@awolfff If I get A and B caps I'm framing them--hilarious!
  • Just a random thing from today. Had a little bit of a scare, I've had a headache since Sunday with double vision and floaters so my OB sent me to the hospital to be tested for preeclampsia. Everything came back normal so it looks like just a headache. The OB at the hospital did say that I need to be resting with my feet up more, so I now have a doctor's note saying I need to spend 45 minutes twice a day with my feet up not looking at a screen. Plus side of going to the hospital was they did a NST so I got to understand what a BH feels like for the first time. Apparently I've had a few, but I just thought it was the babies moving, lol.

@mnddnvn that is a really long time to be in the hospital :/ what are you doing to keep yourself occupied?

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • @amanning2011 Sorry you had such a scare! I need to get more serious about keeping my feet up too... If I don't a certain amount of time a day I wake up in the middle of the night with very ache-y legs. Why the no screen though? Is that just a stress thing? 
  • @vflux33 I think it's a too much eye strain thing. Blue light from screens can be hard on the eyes and working regular 10 hour days apparently was enough to trigger the headache stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited February 2018
    @amanning2011 Ohhhh, if it's the blue light thing, FYI you can change the settings on your smart phone to warmer spectrum colors to avoid irritating your eyes. If you have an iPhone go to Settings > Display and Brightness > Night Shift.
  • @vflux33 I know, right? Mentally, it would just be better for me if I had a date in mind and it was closer than March 5th. 

@amanning2011 That sounds really scary. I’m glad everything was okay. It is a very long time in the hospital! I have read 8 books, binge watched a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime and have started doing crossword puzzles.
  • @vflux33 I have an Android, so I'm going to have to see if I can do that with my phone in particular. The bigger issue is the number of hours I'm working. 10 hours staring at 2 computer screens is rough. I do have the color settings to be as warm as possible, but that can only do so much.

@mnddnvn Thankfully even with the headaches and everything else with my blood pressure being normal/low they weren't concerned about it being severe preeclampsia, but with the higher risk (gestational diabetes and having multiples) my OB was concerned about mild, and he would want to put me on bed rest for that.

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • Thanks everyone!!   
    *tw*
    So after i got my spinal my blood pressure kept going very low. I got dizzy after i went numb and was laid down.They kept giving me meds to try to get it up but it didn't seem to work..then she asked me if i had been eating and drinking the last few days and i said not really like i should be..so they pumped me with fluids and then my blood pressure stabilized.. when i got opened up the ob hit a vessel and i lost a liter or so of blood. Baby A was born and i heard him cry.. they took him to work on him. Baby B was born and she never cried until she was worked on at the bassinet.  She was having breathing problems but they went away within the first 20 minutes. I never felt any pulling with either of them.
    Recovery with a C-section has been the worst. I was so exhausted the first 2 days from loss of blood and i couldn't hold anything down the first day and a half after surgery.  I swelled up like balloons and am still battling the swelling at almost a week since surgery.  Both babies and I got to go home on Wednesday.  
    @awolfff how are you and babies doing ? Hopefully you all have been released.  How was your experience with the C-Section.?
    How is everyone else doing? Anymore babies here?

• @momma6angels11 Oh wow, that sounds intense. I’m sorry you feel so terrible physically and had all that blood loss. 

AFM I’m thankfully still pregnant and becoming more mentally adjusted to the idea of a vaginal delivery. Almost failed a NST last week but passed in the end and just trying to make it as long as we can! 
  • @momma6angels11 wow, that is pretty scary!  I'm sorry you're having a rough recovery but that is awesome that the babies got to come home with you.
  • @momma6angels11 woah! I’m sorry, that sounds scary! I definitely felt pulling with baby b and it’s no surprise he had to be in the NICU. My husband said they started to pull on his feet and then he got caught on something and they had to pull again all while his head was still in.

We went home on Monday. Recovery has been manageable. The first two days were definitely the worst. It’s getting better every day. Ive been able to manage the pain with a couple of OTC Motrin. Getting comfortable while breastfeeding and breastfeeding in general is a challenge and a half. Doesn’t help that my son is tongue tied and we were told that breastfeeding was burning more calories than they were able to eat. We had the lactation consultant come yesterday and she was really helpful and encouraging. She gave us a long term action plan that includes weaning baby girl off the bottle, fixing Harrison’s tongue tie and pumping, pumping and more pumping. The doula also recommended a supplement to help bring the milk in and get supply increased (euphoric herbals: milk machine...seems to be helping). We may not be exclusively breastfeeding right now, but I feel we are on our way and doing so in such a way that seems is responsible and allowing our premies to grow at a healthy rate.

Today was the first day I was not water logged. My feet got to be so wide and puffy my sandals wouldn’t even fit me! Today I got into my shoes (with help from the husband) and I was able to get my ring on. My incision still burns when I get out of bed in the morning (not sure if this is normal)...bleeding has started to decrease so I don’t have to wear the giant diaper pads and I’m getting more comfortable moving around. Husband has been great and takes the babies at night so I can rest and pump.

side note: my husbands boss told him that his wife “went back to work two days after her cesarean”...really?! They won’t even let me drive for another week. Lol not sure where she works, but no way I’d be going there two days later! 

@momma6angels11 how did they close your incision? They used glue for me...which is new to me (not that I’d be used to stitches though). How are your beautiful babies doing? Did they prescribe you something for the pain? My place kept trying to give me OxyContin...seemed intense and I don’t handle pain meds well (sensitive stomach) so I’m sticking with Motrin.

@vflux33 that’s awesome! Sounds like you are supported with a vaginal delivery too. I say, go for it! Recovery is definitely easier...and you are getting so close to the end!! 

• @awolfff I'm sorry you're getting a lot of pain from the c-section, and the breastfeeding issues sound extremely frustrating. I'm upset for you that they are pushing oxycontin. That is so strong! And definitely passes into breastmilk. My sister told me she turned down Vicodin after her c-section and was able to get by on Naproxen or extra strength Tylenol. My hospital actually gives Fentanyl to laboring moms, which sometimes results in the baby being born with depressed breathing and needing to be revived by Narcan. If you haven't heard of Narcan, that's the injection given by ERs to victims of heroin overdoses. Allow that to sink in your mind for a second and let me know when you're as weirded out as I am. :fearful:

Yeah, I'm scared of any type of delivery, but what really sealed the deal for me was this week my new MoM friend who I met in a birth class here had her scheduled c-section at our hospital after turning down a breech extraction and she had a lot of problems. I don't want to get into too much detail and unnecessarily freak out anyone here, but hearing what she went through was pretty convincing to me that I should be grateful for my vertex/vertex presentation and not elect for a c-section unless something changes they tell me that's now safer for some reason. 
  • @vflux33 that’s insane. I definitely struggle to be comfortable, but it really isn’t terrible for me. And certainly not something I would need OxyContin for! Good grief. I’m just glad that the worst of it seems to be over and I’m on my way to enjoying the outside world again. I’m told the two week mark is when things get significantly better. Either way, I’m of the mind set that pain is purposeful especially during recovery. I want to know if I am over doing it and I want to be as aware as possible with the new babies. I have never had OxyContin, but I have never really responded well to pain meds so I don’t see that going well for me. 

Birth in general is absolutely intimidating. I’m glad you are able to try vaginally though. I really would have avoided the cesarean if it was an option for me. When I had my son, everything seemed overwhelming until they told me it was time to push—all I could think about was that i was about to meet my baby and nothing else I was experiencing could get my focus off of that happiness (I wish I would have distracted myself in the same way when I got in the OR this time). Doula totally helped too. 

• @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake I'm sorry about the pee test results, but that's so exciting you're going to get to meet your little guys tomorrow!  YAY for your Valentine's babies! 

I hope everything goes super smoothly, and can't wait to see your pics! :smiley:
  • @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake so happy for you!! I’ll be checking for pictures tomorrow!!! 
  • @sardavbak Sorry to hear about the %ile disparity, but those weight estimates aren't bad! I hope everything goes smoothly for you--please keep us updated!  :)

AFM after a couple weeks of borderline readings, my blood pressure at yesterday's NST was officially in the bad range. No protein in urine so cleared for pre-E for now, fortunately, but I guess I have gestational hypertension (not a shock, it runs in my family, + twins, + 1st pregnancy). I'm 36 w today and previously the MFM and OB wanted me to go all 38 w/ vaginal delivery, but not sure if this will change either of those things. My OB is out with the flu, so not expecting to hear an update on this until my doppler with the MFM Friday, after my next NST. I'd love to leave these 2 cooking for longer to pack on some more weight, but if there is a new fear about placenta issues or the doppler looks bad, then it'll probably be called at that point.  
  • @vflux33 and @sardavbak I’m sorry ladies that sounds scary...I hope all is well! Excited for you both to meet your babies though :)