July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms Pt 1 1/29-1/30

124»

Re: Weekday Randoms Pt 1 1/29-1/30

• Options
    @comealongponds i don’t really have girl family or friends here so i was thinking either something with DH only, a self day, or like bbq with some close coworkers. I’m gonna check Groupon to see what kind of deals they have.
  • Options
    Ugh just started mapping out July of what our “help” will look like. Wish we didn’t need the help or lived closer to avoid this month long visitation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildtot a couples spa day would be pretty awesome!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS all of a sudden has hives. No idea from what. No change in products or food. 
  • Options
    @wildtot oh no!  Has he had them before?
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs no! I’m new to all this rash deal. My sister is the allergy know all from experience so getting her feedback. Doctor said to give him Benadryl and if it doesn’t go away to take him in. We are thinking it’s something he sat on because it’s on his lower back and butt. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro sorry if I missed it but how did your appointment go? 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    So I took my one hour glucose test yesterday (early due to risk factors) and found out today that I failed :frowning: I'm not too shocked since I failed last pregnancy too (and then went on to pass the 3 hour) but I am bummed. I really didn't want to do the horrible 3 hour test, and also I'm really worried I'll be diagnosed with GD and be risked out of delivering at the birth center. I realllllly wanted to avoid the hospital this time and will be so disappointed if I don't get to use the birth center. I mean, aside from all the legitimate reasons, the birth center would save us so much money over the hospital haha. Oh well, nothing I can do but wait and see. And try not to drown my sorrows in ice cream. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you’ll pass and be able to do exactly as you hope you!
  • Options
    @zande2016 fingers crossed you pass the 3! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Has anyone done the meal log and finger pricking instead of the standard glucose test? Someone in my prenatal yoga class mentioned it. She had to log her food for 2 weeks and test her blood after the three main meals.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I haven't heard of that. What is the benefit of doing it that way instead of the standard test? Once I failed the one hour the nurse told me to get the three hour done by Monday...I don't think they would want to wait 2 weeks to diagnose if there was a problem. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I'm so sorry you failed!  I hope you pass the 3 hour so you can birth at the birth center! @kissableviv I have heard of that and also alternate ways of doing the test without having the drink, for people trying to avoid all the sugar in the drink. I asked my hospital and they said they wouldn't even consider an alternate, lol. Downsides to hospital birth, I guess! @zande2016 it is my understanding that people only do it to avoid the unnaturalness of the drink? There might be legit medical reasons for some people but I don't know what they are. I agree they likely wouldn't let you do this if you have a history of GD.
  • Options
    @kissableviv @zande2016 my friend gets to eat blueberry pop tarts instead of the glucose drink because she can’t handle the amount of sugar in the drink. I think that’s why they do alternative tests. But really for most people it’s not the worst thing in the world and it’s easier to just get it over with. 
  • Options
    that makes sense...when I took the test the other day, they offered me the standard orange or fruit punch, OR if I wanted to spend an extra $7 I could have the "natural" drink. They told me it does not contain any of the artificial flavors, and it tastes sort of like maple water. I was scared I wouldn't be able to handle the sweetness without the artificial flavor to cut it, so I went with fruit punch. I was surprised to see it was clear, not red like the one I had last pregnancy. So there were artificial flavors but at least no dyes. 

I had a delicious buttered roll this morning and all I could think as I was eating it was how sad I'll be if I have to give up carbs. Also, I'm still hungry and trying to avoid the urge to go get another buttered roll. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 ugh i am not looking forward to doing that screening. I hate sweet drinks. Also 100% with you on the hunger...the usual yogurt breakfast isn't cutting it anymore and I keep grabbing more things to eat.
  • Options
    @zande2016 I hope you pass the 3-hour!  Did you fast for the 1-hour?  I think a lot of people fail the 1-hour and go on to pass the 3-hour because a lot of doctors don't tell you to do the 1-hour in the morning and fast.  But if you do have GD I just wanted to say, you don't have to give up carbs.  I've had GD 4 times and it's really not that bad!   You do have to eat a certain amount of carbs at each meal and snack so it's definitely manageable!  But hopefully you pass so you can have the birth experience that you want!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassuring words @sarafuss. They actually told me to eat a regular breakfast with protein the morning of the test, so I just had 2 eggs and some coffee w/ almond milk. I also had a stomach bug the day before so I was drinking a lot of Gatorade the night before, but who knows if that affected it. We shall see! 
  • Options
    Thanks all for the info on the test, I got the impression this girl was super granola, lol. I wanted to chat with her after class but I got distracted and she had already left. @zande2016 good luck on the 3 hour! BTW I have absolutely no issues with an artificial or sugary drink, I normally do what I need to do for these tests even if it sucks, I was mostly just curious about options.
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 @comealongponds I don't think it's that UO--I actually had never been to anything Disney UNTIL adulthood (we went for our honeymoon) and I don't know if I would go back for a long vacation. It takes a LOT of planning. But I will say Epcot was our favorite. I don't know what the single day price is for tickets, so I guess that would probably make my decision for me, too. But, it is a LOT of fun. A ton of good food, and the countries are amazing. 
  • Options
    @wildtot are the hives better?  Did you guys ever figure out what they were from?
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs yeah that are better thanks for asking! He didn’t get them yesterday so the Benadryl helped. I have no idea what caused them. I’m thinking maybe something from the park if they treated it for the snow/weather. In the plus side Benadryl helped him sleep lol. He hasn’t had med since yesterday morning so we’ll see if they show up again. Glad i avoided a trip to the doc so far. 
  • Options
    @wildtot that's great news!  I remember that happened once to my son and we never figured out what they were from. So weird!  Glad to hear it sounds like you got a handle on them though. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @kissableviv does your doula have any opinion on alternate options for the glucose test? Mine mentioned alternates that she's seen people do in the past, but I haven't discussed in depth with her yet, or with my Dr. She did say for people who avoid sugar, sometimes they are a good option, because a super sugary glucose drink is obviously not something your body is used to - but I have not looked into it much yet.