July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms Pt 1 1/29-1/30

Re: Weekday Randoms Pt 1 1/29-1/30

• Options
    I feel like I am nesting haha all I want to do is prep for this baby but I can't really do that until a) we know what we are having because if it is a girl I don't need to get pretty much anything haha. I think I am just so desperate to connect to this pregnancy and baby in anyway and since I cannot feel baby yet I think prepping for new baby helps keep my anxiety at bay
    I feel the nesting bug too.... ahh! I definitely didn't feel the need to this early last time. And really, there's not much to do now and we pretty much have the basic necessities so I'm not sure why I feel like this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I feel the same. I'm actually enjoying decluttering and reorganizing. I can't prep the room much until April because that's when we're getting rid of the big desk which is taking up all the room and we've budgeted for a new smaller one. We rent so I'm probably not painting or anything. Not too into nursery designing, so for now I'm just making space and getting rid of old unnecessary stuff!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 OMG same. I'm desperate to get working on the nursery but hubby doesn't know the sex yet. Also his stuff is everywhere!!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I actually gave in this weekend (have been feeling it all week) and started getting rid of some things in the second bedroom that will become the nursery. I’m so anxious to start getting everything all set and ready but honestly won’t start ordering the big things until 30 weeks or so-so no point in doing much rearranging until then. But I want to!! 
  • Options
    I’m the same way right now. My boyfriend and I actually spent the entire afternoon yesterday rearranging. He wasn’t excited when I asked at first but once we got into it he started talking about where the crib would go etc. I also think it’s because I haven’t felt any kicks yet and getting things ready makes it feel more real! Whatever it is, it’s not doing our little place any harm lol so much stuffffff!! @lindsayleigh1989
  • Options
    Wish I could start getting ready but we are currently in a third floor apartment with no washer/dryer so planning to move when our lease is up. We also don't want to buy a ton before the baby shower which will be super late because my sister is flying from New Zealand to CT to throw it for me. So I just keep folding and refolding the clothes we've already bought haha
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Me, too!  I spent nearly 3 hours last night reading stroller reviews and crib reviews.  

• Options
    I don't feel like I'm nesting, more like I just hate how cluttered my house is and trying to reorganize and utilize our space better before baby gets here and we have even more crap taking up space. I bought a toy storage organizer thingy yesterday and can't wait for my husband to put it together. 

So I stayed home sick today...was up all night with a horrible stomach thing, so trying to rest and rehydrate today. Any good Netflix or Hulu binge recommendations? Just finished Gilmore Girls last night. Thinking about call the midwife but maybe want something a little more cheery for today. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 sorry you aren't feeling well!  My go to on those days is always Parks and Rec or The Office.  Or Friends.  You can never go wrong with Friends.  Hope you feel better soon!

@hillbillywife  We have a glider sitting in our kitchen/hallway right now until my husband moves it!  We bought it over the weekend. Other than the crib and her dresser, this will be my only big purchase for this baby.  For my son we had a crappy, uncomfortable old one, and we spent WAY more time in it than I anticipated.  I am going to be prepared this time! lol.   

I haven't been in nesting mode yet, but I need to be.  I keep buying clothes and little things for the baby and they are just stacking up in our guest room.  We have some friends coming in town from KC this weekend and they need to use the guest room.  But I think after this weekend, Project Nursery needs to commence!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    I keep looking at DSs bedroom trying to figure out how things will fit and what we need. So guess I’m joining the nesting group. 

@zande2016 do you like sci-if stuff? I just finished Marvel’s Runaways on Hulu. Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu. I like Grace And Frankie on Netflix (super funny). 
  • Options
    @zande2016 Omg I'm obsessed with "The Good Place". Such a great show.
  • Options
    Second The Good Place!
  • Options
    Thanks for the recs @stlmegs @wildtot @nimmle. Normally not so into sci-fi but I loved handmaids tale! Friends is a good idea for today. No big deal if I doze off since I've seen them all already. 
  • Options
    We need to remodel our attic bedroom to add a room for baby and it’s currently full of clothes that need to be donated, seasonal clothes, all of DSs baby stuff, and all of our holiday stuff. Every one of my husbands days off we plan on cleaning so we can get started and it hasn’t happened yet. But it did hit him that we’re almost half way there and nothing is done. I'm glad HE’S finally the one with anxieties about it!!! I *should* start cleaning while I’m home but I just don’t feel like doing it on my own because then I’ll end up being the only one doing it. 
  • Options
    We've been purging things from our home, trying to get rid of stuff and make room. Most of it is stuff we've been meaning to get rid of anyway but just haven't got around to it until now. We can't really get started on anything in the nursery until we can take the bed in that room to my dad's house, but I really want to get started while I have energy!
  • Options
    ugh...finding that stray long hair on your neck that you have no idea how it got so long before you noticed it and you don't have any tweezers on you
  • Options
    I don't feel like I'm nesting, more like I just hate how cluttered my house is and trying to reorganize and utilize our space better before baby gets here and we have even more crap taking up space. I bought a toy storage organizer thingy yesterday and can't wait for my husband to put it together. 

So I stayed home sick today...was up all night with a horrible stomach thing, so trying to rest and rehydrate today. Any good Netflix or Hulu binge recommendations? Just finished Gilmore Girls last night. Thinking about call the midwife but maybe want something a little more cheery for today. 
    I would vote for Call the Midwife. It is an awesome show. Ive cried many times to that show but it is really well done. Ive just restarted watching not too long ago. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @rachelsogo I have recently stuck to ignoring them but then I missed the last drama one and it disappeared! So now I am like, I should at least keep reading them, just in case they get interesting.
  • Options
    The end of nap time comes much to quick. One hour is not enough time to do ALL OF THE THINGS. I got a lot of calls in and some chill time, but I do miss the days when naps were 2 hours long and he still slept at night. SIGH.
  • Options
    @zande2016 yess! That’s exactly how I feel! Why do we have so much crap? Why am I having a hard time throwing away all of said crap. I just want to be able to fit a baby in here somewhere lol. 

Ps. I’m sorry you’re sick. Hopefully you recuperate well today. I’ll throw in a +1 for call the midwife. I’m gonna watch it again!

@stlmegs yay! I love baby purchases! The one I bought probably isn’t a nice big comfy one but I’ve never had a chair just for me and baby before so I don’t even care lol. (We don’t get it until tonight.)

I need to fet in the shower because it’s nap time but I don’t want to. I’d rather take a nap or something, but I look like death so I think getting ready will help me feel a bit better. 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife I hope you had one of those amazing, I feel like a brand new person showers!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Did a recall/listeria/public service announcement thread ever get started? I tried searching and came up short (I'm on my phone, though, which is sometimes weird with the Bump). I thought someone had mentioned creating one at one time. Anyways, Panera issued a possible Listeria contamination, so I posted the link below. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/29/health/panera-bread-cream-cheese-recall/index.html
  • Options
    @AnnaReid81 I was about to post that! It's a preventative one but still good to know . It's cream cheese and does not affect their food items.
  • Options
    Did a recall/listeria/public service announcement thread ever get started? I tried searching and came up short (I'm on my phone, though, which is sometimes weird with the Bump). I thought someone had mentioned creating one at one time. Anyways, Panera issued a possible Listeria contamination, so I posted the link below. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/29/health/panera-bread-cream-cheese-recall/index.html
    that was me that suggested it but I never started it. oops lol  I'll go do that now.
  • Options
    Last weekend I got rid of a giant trashbag full of cloths and put some others into a storage bin for post pregnancy usage. That felt really good!
  • Options
    @stlmegs haha thanks! It wasn’t quite that good, but at least I’m clean now!
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all you ladies that are in nesting mode. I feel like I never got it with my first baby either. I hate clutter and keep my home clean in general but I still think that my nesting instinct is busted. It's even worse now with my second because from my experience you get so little use out of the nursery during the early weeks and 90% of baby stuff is unnecessary. I'll probably hire someone to do a deep cleaning when we get close to the due date. I'm so excited for this baby but I just have zero urgency about everything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started to get into nesting mode this weekend, but then I got too tired. On Friday I think I pulled something in my lower back carting DD around at the park.  Then Saturday I had the bright idea to go to the stock show, which was a ton of fun but DH was walking super fast and I kept getting winded trying to keep up.  This is on top of my sinus infection, so I really haven't been feeling myself.

Also - I took a Mucinex D last night because Sudafed and Mucinex are both on my "approved" list.  It made my heart and mind race and I barely slept all night!  UGH!  I mean, I could breathe which was nice but sleep is better!
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 ugh I hate mucinex! It makes me feel so stressed! 
  • Options
    sign i keep thinking I feel baby but im pretty sure it is just stomach cramps from this bug :( 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @MichelleAG05 sinus infections are the worst!! hope it clears up asap! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’m sorry! I can relate. I think what I though was baby is actually my intestines being angry. Damn it stomach bug. 
  • Options
    I know I wasn't feeling the baby but its related to my stomach stretching. Last night my muscle twitches on my abdomen were so intense that you could see my stomach jumping from across the couch. Crazy!
  • Options
    Sorry I've been so absent friends! Jumping in on the nesting convo - does it count as nesting if I hired a house cleaner? Lol. I'm taking a 30th birthday trip/babymoon next week, but when I get back i have big plans to make a huge thrift store run and donate everything! I used to be great about it,  but since getting a house with an unfinished basement everything just goes down there - it's now full of stuff and starting to stress me out! 

Also FTM and still haven't felt baby yet. My PA told me last week it should be anytime now! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    Has anyone heard from @christycalifornia yet? I feel like it’s been so long!