July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms Pt 1 1/29-1/30

Re: Weekday Randoms Pt 1 1/29-1/30

• Options
    @MrsMiller8588 No feeling the baby yet but I'm only 14.5 weeks. I do feel little flubs down there but I'm not sure if it's baby or something else. Waiting for something more definitive.
  • Options
    It still shows she was last active on Jan 13th, and I haven't heard from anyone that they've heard from  her.  Hope everything is okay with her......
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks all.  Still fighting it off today.  Grumble, grumble.

I actually think that early movement feels like muscle twitches!  

Here's my random for the day - I sell Pampered Chef and was supposed to close out a show last weekend.  The host is debating becoming a consultant herself, which is great, but the longer it takes her to decide the more of her guests message me and ask why they haven't gotten their orders.  Oops!  I need her to decide and then finalize what freebies she wants from hosting!
  • Options
    Chewable baby asprin taste disgusting! The dr told me I have to start taking 1 a day and to chew them but the aftertaste is horrible. Ive had to resort to eating extrenely garlicy pickles to get rid of it. Lol
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    So I am going to Houston in March for work. Wish they would send me to Hawaii instead. I am helping in arranging some training (solar) and I honestly don't know if how much ill be able to do since I'll be way bigger then. 
  • Options
    I had some muscle twitches a few days ago that I thought was at least one of the babies but haven’t felt anything since...I’m 17.5 weeks but starting to think it was something else. Hope I feel something more definitive soon! 
  • Options
    Well, officially hooked on Call the Midwife. Thanksnotthanks for those who suggested!!  :D;)
  • Options
    @busymommy23 - my MIL told me this weekend that she and her friends used to eat those like they were candy as teenagers and pre-teens!  
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 ewwww!! They are so gross!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    I didn't see a question thread this week and I'm too lazy to start one so I'm just gonna ask here (and please direct me if this has been discussed, I've been slacking on my participation lately). 

Any STM+ have an anti-stretch mark routine you swear by?? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 stretch marks can't be prevented unfortunately. I thought I lucked out but ended up getting them within the last few weeks. Also if you have scars, they will most likely turn to stretch marks. I use burt's bees mama oil because lotion just made me feel sticky and itchy. 
  • Options
    @mrsmiller06 like @wildtot said my understanding is you will get them or you won't. I tried it all just to try and prevent them from getting bad with my first but sadly they got bad the last 10 weeks. I just do my best to use a lot of lotion because it helps with the itch :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I agree with @wildtot and @lindsayleigh1989 they show up regardless. I did lotion with my first but not my second and STILL got stretch marks. I dunno if this happens to everyone, but I can't see mine after a few months post partum. So far they are only visible in the light on my tummy right now, and that is usually how they end up after birth. So if you get them, they might not be visible forever? @MrsMiller8588
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 It doesn't hurt to use products to keep your skin moisturized but I'm also in the "you can't help if you get them or not" camp.  I thought I was one of the lucky ones because I didn't get any in my first two pregnancies but did get some with my third.  No new ones (that I can tell) with my fourth.  I don't get it lol.  I did recently buy a massage bar from Lush that I really like.  It smells really good and feels like it works better than just using lotion.  It's the Therapy massage bar.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Same as @SmashJam mine are really not that dark. In fact my c section scar is almost not visible either after 1.5 yrs. i think it’s just all on how your body/skin heals. I have stretch marks on my legs and butt since i was a teen do i wasn’t surprised to get a few. My bell button also never returned to normal. It’s slmo looking flat again even though I’m not that huge yet. 
  • Options
    Also, I regards to stretch marks - they can show up AFTER you give birth. I vividly remember talking to my sister late in my last pregnancy and was so proud I didn't get any stretch marks. Well, within probably a week PP I developed tons of super dark stretch marks. Can't say if they will go away completely since I got pregnant again only 3 months PP but as I've grown with this pregnancy, they have become lighter and less deep. But I'm sure they'll reappear once this LO arrived  :/
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 while some people are way more prone to stretchmarks than others, there are definitely things you can do to help prevent or minimize them. Drink a ton of water, when your body is hydrated, your skin is hydrated, this is supposed to help a lot. Keep your skin moisturized, all of it, not just the belly and slather a ton of coconut oil or stretch mark product on every night. I alternated between mama mio and coconut oil. I absolutely love the mama mio products. I didn't get a single stretch mark during my last pregnancy. I am not immune to them as I do have some on my inner thighs and breasts from college weight gain :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have quite a few stretch marks right under my butt, a few on my inner thighs and love handles. I've noticed a few dark circles pop up, they're like stretch marks, just shaped in a very small circle.

FTM, haven't felt the baby yet, 16+6. I've had stomach twitches as some people have had as well! I don't think that was him or her though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot @lindsayleigh1989 @SmashJam @Sarafuss @TalesOfASocialIntrovert thanks everyone for your feedback even if you dashed all my hopes and dreams! Jk :) 
    Thanks @runsomewhere I might have to pick up some mama mio! I don't currently have any stretch marks, but I scar so badly that I have a feeling I'm prone to them. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to at least minimize them! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @hillbillywife I haven't seen anything from @christycalifornia in a while! I sent her a direct message just to check in and let her know we all miss seeing her in here. Hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing I think I remember @christycalifornia saying she would be MIA for a bit due to friends being in town and being all around busy. I've also been thinking of her and hoping she's doing well.

On a side note, I know this is dumb but I'm so nervous for my Dr. appointment this afternoon. I had to reschedule 2 times due to being stuck at jury duty so it's been a while since I had confirmation that baby is ok in there. I get so anxious every time, my heart races, sweaty palms the whole deal, I'm just so afraid that they won't be able to find the heartbeat or something  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing good idea! I hope she’s ok too! We miss her around here!
  • Options
    @runsomewhere awww fingers crossed for you and your appointment. I always get a little nervous too.
  • Options
    @nimmle thanks, I'm trying to relax about it, 4 more hours  :s
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere good luck! I get nervous at each one too. Keep us posted
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I get that way, too.  And I'm always worried I'll have gained like 10lbs.  

@noideawhatshesdoing let us know if you hear anything from her!  We miss her!

@MrsMiller8588 I didn't get stretch marks, but I definitely did moisturize A LOT.  I did get the linea nigra both times, but it hasn't shown up yet for this one.  It eventually went away.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere good luck at your appointment!! I think worrying is a part of being a mom we can't stop, but try to relax just a little bit at least! Let us know how it goes :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Didn't see a questions thread for this week so I'll ask here.  I need stroller help!  Does anyone own a City Select?  I'm thinking of getting one so I can use the car seat w/ adapter and the seat it comes with for DS.  But I can't tell if you can use the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat with it.  Does anyone know?  I can only find car seat adapters that are compatible with Graco, Britax, and other brands.
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited January 2018
    @wildtot @gspmom21 and @WorkinWeezel thank you for the support ladies  <3 I'll definitely update.

I'm worried about the weight gain too, especially when I go after eating breakfast and lunch and tmi not pooping since Saturday. I don't even look anymore because I don't want to obsess. I feel puffy AF recently and that makes me feel bad enough. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ugh another day another headache. I want to call into work so badly but I can't I need to go 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @runsomewhere thinking of you during your appt! Add me to the nervous nellies pre appt! :smile:
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I’m nervous for my next appointment too! After having the stomach flu last week I’m just anxious to hear baby’s heartbeat. Fingers crossed for good appointments for everyone!
  • Options
    @Sarafuss I feel like people talked about that one on the stroller thread?  My friend had one and definitely had a Chicco infant seat, so I'm guessing it works fine!
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited January 2018
    @MichelleAG05 I just went through that thread and saw people were talking about it but I couldn't figure out if it works with the Chicco car seat.  I think I just need to go to BuyBuyBaby and check it out in person.  I want to try to buy one used though.  ETA:  But I'm glad to hear it does work with Chicco!  I really want the City Select and don't want to have to get a new car seat!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's Mardi Gras season and they've already had 5 king cakes in our office.... They should know I have no self control.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hillbillywife when is your next appointment?
    Pregnancy Ticker