February 2018 Moms

Sh*t my SO/ILs/Anyone Says

1789101113»

Re: Sh*t my SO/ILs/Anyone Says

• People (strangers) are starting to be brave enough to just assume I’m pregnant and want to talk about it, so I get a lot of the same conversation happening when I’m out on errands:
    ‘When are you due?’ 
    ‘February’
    ’Oh wow you still have a while’
    ’Yep.’ 

Yesterday a lady said she thought I would say I was due at Christmas....that’s in a week.....
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • People (strangers) are starting to be brave enough to just assume I’m pregnant and want to talk about it, so I get a lot of the same conversation happening when I’m out on errands:
    ‘When are you due?’ 
    ‘February’
    ’Oh wow you still have a while’
    ’Yep.’ 

Yesterday a lady said she thought I would say I was due at Christmas....that’s in a week.....
    This! I live in a small city and grew up here, too. I keep running into people put and about and it's the same question/ answer every time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • At H's family Christmas party on Saturday his uncle kept asking me "How's the fat one doing?"  :| It's mildly amusing the first time (although I didn't find it amusing at all) but multiple times? Get a new line, dude. The good news is, every time he said it there were others around who would say something back like "She still has a long way to go to get even close to you!" (because he has a massive gut).
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• At H's family Christmas party on Saturday his uncle kept asking me "How's the fat one doing?"  :| It's mildly amusing the first time (although I didn't find it amusing at all) but multiple times? Get a new line, dude. The good news is, every time he said it there were others around who would say something back like "She still has a long way to go to get even close to you!" (because he has a massive gut).
    I'm sorry, but that's rude. 
  • @eggplantface Thank goodness for the retorts from others! Did he back off after that? 

I was measuring a week ahead at my last appt. Told stepmother-in-law and her response was "It's all that sugar you're eating." Um, ex-squeeze-me? 

• DH and I were looking at pics from a few years ago and he kept pointing out how thin I was. He thought he was being nice and reminding me of what I "normally" look like.  I had to tell him that it was having the opposite effect.  It didn't help that I've gained 4 lbs since my last OB appt 2 weeks ago...
  • My FIL was out Christmas shopping last night and called my husband to ask what size I'm wearing now.  First off, thanks for the reminder about by weight gain with that 'now'.  But really, who buys a pregnant woman clothing for Christmas?  I certainly appreciate the gesture but regular ladies sizes are not going to work right now and who knows how long before I drop all the weight and whether I'll even be shaped the same after.  So then I had to indulge a minor pity party, of course.

And all of our family simply refuses to listen when we say we just want baby stuff for Christmas.  'But that's not for YOU', they all say.  Well no, it's not. But taking some of the stress off my budget by buying those things is about the best gift I could ask for.  (We're not having a shower and are opting instead for a sip n' see once the baby is a couple of months old.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FIL was out Christmas shopping last night and called my husband to ask what size I'm wearing now.  First off, thanks for the reminder about by weight gain with that 'now'.  But really, who buys a pregnant woman clothing for Christmas?  I certainly appreciate the gesture but regular ladies sizes are not going to work right now and who knows how long before I drop all the weight and whether I'll even be shaped the same after.  So then I had to indulge a minor pity party, of course.

And all of our family simply refuses to listen when we say we just want baby stuff for Christmas.  'But that's not for YOU', they all say.  Well no, it's not. But taking some of the stress off my budget by buying those things is about the best gift I could ask for.  (We're not having a shower and are opting instead for a sip n' see once the baby is a couple of months old.)
    Maybe he's going to get you some maternity wear for the next few months? Or a comfy post partum outfit? 

I agree with wanting baby things,  anything someone gifts me,  because I'll be the one using it for baby is one less thing I have to buy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @fatted_calf - Our Christmas list is basically all baby stuff. We also threw in a few household items that we need (i.e. blender as ours broke) but anything I receive that isn't for baby will likely just make me feel guilty as we need baby stuff and money is going bye-bye very quickly. 
  • I've been having the same conversation @fatted_calf.  Can't tell you how many times my mom has said but your registry isn't gifts for you.  Uh yes they are...
  • Grandpa called to fill me in on some family drama before Christmas lunch. He threw in that he saw the photos of DH and I at a wedding this past weekend and it "looks like I've got about 3 babies in there" THANKS GRANDPA

• And all of our family simply refuses to listen when we say we just want baby stuff for Christmas.  'But that's not for YOU', they all say.  Well no, it's not. But taking some of the stress off my budget by buying those things is about the best gift I could ask for.  (We're not having a shower and are opting instead for a sip n' see once the baby is a couple of months old.)
    Agree....but I would also like it if they check in with me and not buy whatever they want- but more what we need. 
  • @SarahFoley725 Your grandpa sounds like my grandpa. The man has no tact. Lol
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • My older sister, who should know better, patted my stomach last night and said "you're really poking out there. I bet you don't make it 8 weeks. You've probably only got a couple of weeks left." Seriously? You're wishing a 33-34 week baby on me? I understand that everything would be fine but why would you do that? Nevermind the comment on how much I've "poked out". When I said "you know I'm only 31 weeks right?" she said "I don't know about that." Well I do. Since I was tracking my cycles and ovulation, I can pretty much pinpoint the exact moment I got pregnant. I'm not 2 full months off, especially since we were actively trying to prevent for those few months because of waiting for test results.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    rainafire77 said:
    When I said "you know I'm only 31 weeks right?" she said "I don't know about that." Well I do. Since I was tracking my cycles and ovulation, I can pretty much pinpoint the exact moment I got pregnant. I'm not 2 full months off, especially since we were actively trying to prevent for those few months because of waiting for test results.
    This drives me nuts- when people imply we have our dates wrong. I get it, those that weren't trying might be off..
    But when you're doing infertility and tracking, and be monitored by dr..we have those dates nailed down tight. Back off People. People are rude. 
  • I’ve been on a major melon kick the past couple weeks and a coworker keeps telling me to “watch my sugar”... like how about you watch your mouth! It’s fruit - I could be stuffing my face with ice cream which would still be none of her business!
    By the by...i would totally start stuffing your face with ice cream.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• I've been told by a couple of colleagues now that I'm waddling. 
  • I've been told by a couple of colleagues now that I'm waddling. 
    Why do they  feel the need to point this out?
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited December 2017
    My mother has baby fever. We haven’t told anyone we know the sex of the baby. Our parents think we don’t know. Last night on the phone, my mother wanted to know if the technician at our last u/s accidentally slipped and told us the sex. She was hoping she had. Then she started grilling me about what people at work are predicting. When i wouldn’t play her game, she moved on to badgering my husband about it. 
  • @babybro218 I have the hardest time waiting for gender/sex news, too. I am actually gifting my sister an early gender package at an ultrasound place for Christmas (with her permission.) :)