August 2018 Moms
Options

Introduction

Re: Introduction

• Options
    @elladae due date twins! I'm also due 8/15!
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I just found out Saturday! My husband and I had been trying for a few months, but my cycles were very irregular. My chest was killing me on Saturday and on a whim I took a test (then three more). I am thinking August 5, but I'm going to the ob on Friday so they can confirm my pregnancy and hopefully give me a better date. This is our first. I am so excited and nervous at the same time!
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    knwarren15knwarren15 member
    edited December 2017
    Hey ladies! My name is Kelsey. My EDD is August 9th. This is my second kiddo. My first son will be one on the 23rd. We didn’t plan on having babies so close together, but we were once told we wouldn’t be able to easily have kids. So this baby is a blessing. ❤️ I’m so nervous but excited as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hello everyone! My name is Jessica and I'm 26 years old. This is my first pregnancy with my SO and he's also very excited to be a first time dad. I had an early miscarriage in August and I also suspect I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle. I was so disheartened and couldn't even think of having another miscarriage so I made an appointment with my OB to get an IUD. My SO and I decided to take a break for a while, well lo and behold here I am 5 weeks pregnant! I still can't believe it and I definitely thought there was no chance for us this month. I wasn't even thinking about TTC and we only BD'd once around my ovulation (I didn't think we were even close). realized I was a day late for AF last Tuesday so I took a dollar store test and the line turned dark red before the control line... (!!!!). I ran out to Walmart and bought the clearblue digital which seemed to immediately turn positive as well. I was so in shock and in disbelief! I couldn't wait for my SO to get home from work so I called him to share the awesome news.

I went to my OB last Friday to get my blood drawn at 4w5d and received the call yesterday morning, my hcg was at 7,720! My first ultrasound appointment is December 22nd and I'm praying we get to see a heartbeat. My EDD is August 12th, but since I think I had a chemical last cycle my dates could be slightly off. Hopefully we can find out the exact due date at our next appointment. 

Praying for a healthy 9 months <3
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Laura, I'm 29 years old, my husband is 28, this is my first pregnancy, and I have nominated myself for "most paranoid newbie of the year" award (that's a thing, right?). I'm a NICU nurse and know WAAAAAY too much about sick newborns for my own good, (thus the paranoia), but I am trying to remain positive and avoid researching too much. So far I've had a pretty symptom-free pregnancy aside from breast pain that wont go away, some mild cramping, and an insane desire to eat thai food and clementines.  I don't have an appointment with my OB until January 4th, but we intend to tell our immediate families on Christmas assuming everything continues smoothly. My husband and I are excited about this big new adventure and I'm glad I have another place to come for questions and support. While I'm excited for our family to grow, I can't say that I'm thrilled that I will be 9 months pregnant in the dead summer heat (EDD August 11) of South Carolina, but HEY- at least it won't be the peak of hurricane season!

• Options
    @llduke74 I’m right there with you dreading being super pregnant in the heat of summer! Southern KY/Nothern TN humidity in August is a nightmare!
  • Options
    @llduke74 @mdc2013 California summer =( At least I'm northern, and my mom has a place in Tahoe I can run away to. I don't envy the humidity you all will have to deal with though!

Married - 3/2013
    Baby Boy - 3/2015
    MC - 8/2017
    EDD - 8/2018
  • Options
    Hi 
    STM here, BPF ten days ago. Haven’t told anyone yet (only DH knows, of course). I don’t know my due date yet. Guessing I ovulated late and was kind of thrown off waiting for BPF. My guess is first 12 days of August haha :# Cautiously excited here, it’s been quite a trip. 
    DS will be 2 y. O. Next month. I was somewhat active on his board. 
    H&H 9 to all :)
  • Options
    @laurad75 yay, congrats! Nice to see another TTGP lady over here! 
  • Options
    Hi @laurad75 I'm in MA too! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @llduke74 I hear you on the summer heat - I'm in Houston and it's pretty intense. I didn't even think about missing hurricane season, though.. good point! That will be a relief to not be pregnant during those months! 
  • Options
    I won't pay retail for anything either! In fact, other than possibly a car seat, my goal is to not buy anything new for the baby. Craigslist and thrift stores all the way. 
    brzvice said:
    Hi Aug 18 Mamas! My name is Brenna and I got my BFP this afternoon, excited to be here with everyone.
    I have a 13 month old daughter and am still active on my Oct 16 BMB. 
    H- 33
    Me- 31

I google everything and hate to pay full price for anything, that's me in a nutshell 
    Thrift sisters unite! I am soon excited to finally buy all the cute second hand baby stuff I see :) 
  • Options
    Hi, there! I’m Lanie, and I’ll be 33yo in a few weeks, and I got my BFP this past Saturday, and my EDD is 8/13.... or 8/15. Haha, I’ve used like 5 calculators. I live in Louisville, KY, and my first appointment is on the 27th. It wasn’t going to be til after the new year, but I asked for something before the 31st because I’ve already met my deductible this year (woooot), so they were happy to squeeze me in. This baby will be the first for my husband and me. We started trying in June! We say we will wait til late January to tell our families, but I hate secrets and surprises, so who knows! We are excited. 
  • Options
    Hi all! I’m Jessica, I will be 29 next month. STM here! DD is 2 1/2 and I was fairly active on her BMG (may 2015).  I live on the east coast of Canada and I’m a communications director. This pregnancy happened a lot faster then DH and I expected ! My husband wrote his final exam for his business degree the day I got my BFP and I will be defending my thesis in January... we like to stay busy, apparently ! Haha 

my cycles were all over the place but I’m assuming my EDD is August 20-24 but I went 10 days early with DD. 

Cant wait to go through this journey with you all! 
  • Options
    Hi everybody! I’m a STM. I should be 6wks tomorrow. I’m 31, a STM, and my son turns 7yo next week. I live in rural western PA with my H, son & our menagerie of pets. 
  • Options
    Hi All - I am due August 1st, this will be our second, we also have 4 year old son and two dogs! I can't believe I am starting this all over again, but can't wait!
  • Options
    Good to meet all you ladies and a big congratulations! My spouse and I will be expecting our first little one in mid August.  We have wanted a baby for three years now  but so many things have happened we have not had the financial means.  Alas though, here we are!

Best wishes,
    Kolbe
  • Options
    YAY, I can finally post. I was on the bumb for January 2014 bitcoin had my daughter in 2013.  

Hello my name is Shirley and I am 37, pregnant with my second. I have a daughter who will be 4 on New Year’s Eve. I am due August 14. I have had three betas and the last one was in the 4000. I have a ultrasound scheduled next week just to ensure everything is good to go. Nice to meet you ladies. I have been keeping up with th post this far. 
  • Options
    kdc8818kdc8818 member
    edited December 2017
    Hi ladies!! So excited to be here!! DH and I have been trying for 6 months and last Thursday morning, I got my BFP. I was so surprised I literally burst into tears of joy... Was so loud that I woke him up from 2 rooms away. This is my first pregnancy and my EDD is 8/15 (I'm right at 5 weeks today). So grateful that this community exists and I can't wait to experience this journey with you all!
  • Options
    @kdc8818 another 8/15 baby, hooray!
  • Options
    @ssthomps
    I'm curious what word was auto corrected to "bitcoin."   :p
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey ladies! My name is Lauren. My EDD is August 8th. This is my third kiddo. My first son will be five this summer and my second will be 2.5 when baby is due. So excited and finding it hard not to say anything!
  • Options
    Hello hello! I just got my BFP on 12/12, which is crazy because my period wasn't due until the 20th. I had stopped tracking and charting because it was making me crazy, but I had AWFUL stomach cramps, so much so that my husband and I were convinced I was having an appendicitis so I went to the local urgent care after work, the doc did a urine pregnancy test and TA-DA! 
    That being said, I have no idea how far along I am since if things were normal I wouldn't have tested positive until late next week. I can only guess I'm due sometime in August! 

Also, this is our first pregnancy. With us not knowing ANYTHING, including how far along we are, we agreed to wait until I see my ob doctor to confirm everything before we tell our immediate family, butttttt my husband got overexcited and apparently told "basically everyone" he works with *eye roll.* 
    Our Christmas party we're having this weekend should be very interesting with several guys I don't know well knowing about our pregnancy but our own parents who will be present won't know a thing. And I have to convince everyone I'm drinking when I'm really not. Ahh let the stress begin! Congrats to all of you!
  • Options
    I am a SAHM of 3 children ages 5, 3 and 2.  Within the past year I have had two miscarriages so I am very very hesitant to be excited about this pregnancy yet.  We recently moved to Prague.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lanieslumpialanieslumpia member
    edited December 2017
    Sorry— just testing to see if the Bump Help was able to update my username yet! 
  • Options
    Hi all! My name is Caitlin, and I'm currently the mom of a spunky 2.5 yr old girl. Like @amac12999, I have been a dedicated member to a wonderful group of ladies from June 2015. Hey, Amber! I'm cautiously posting that I am 5 weeks pregnant with my second. I can't help but be nervous, but am excited to share the news. I look forward to getting to talk with all of you. This seems like a very friendly group of women.
  • Options
    Yay Cait!!! So happy to see this post ❤️
  • Options
    Hi.  My daughter will be two on Monday and I am preggo! I'm a SAHM in MD.
  • Options
    Hello!  My name is Charlie, I am 28 (as of Tuesday) and from Central Pennsylvania.  I received my BFP last Wednesday (yay for an early birthday present!) and am 5 weeks pregnant with my second as of yesterday.  I have a 15 month old son who keeps me on my toes.  It took a little over a year to get pregnant with my son and almost a year this time around due to unexplained infertility.
  • Options
    @merbear32 I’m in MD too!!!
  • Options
    Hey I'm Libby. I'm due on the 19th. This is our second baby our first will be one on boxing day (although I was in January's month club). I am a stay at home mum from the UK x
  • Options
    @ssthomps
    I'm curious what word was auto corrected to "bitcoin."   :p
    Haha, But. 
  • Options
    kathy-lkathy-l member
    edited December 2017
    Hello August Mama’s!! My name is, Kathy and I am a STM. We live in Denver, CO and I work at the children’s hospital as a nurse. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and my husband and I are over the moon about the BFP test I had two weeks ago now.
    My husband and I have been trying for a year and a half to have this baby so fingers crossed things go well. I think I’m about 6W2D and due about August 8th. 

Wishing everyone one a healthy and happy pregnancy! 
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hi ladies!  I am cautiously introducing myself :)  I am expecting baby #5 on August 20 (the same due date as I had with my third!).    I had an early loss last month so I'm feeling nervous this time around.  I turned 40 this month, so I'm trying not to worry that I'm too old to be doing this again!  I was most recently part of the d16 board, although my son arrived quite early, in October 16.  Hi @smashjam, so happy for you!  
    I'm looking forward to posting on the board!

Edited to add that I have changed my screen name since d16 :)