March 2018 Moms

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

123457»

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• Loading the player...
  • @fatstagnation It is weird. Just because you are pregnant, or you have children, does not mean you want OTHER people's children. Pfffttt I worked in childcare, at a center, and I loved it. But I still hated babysitting some of my friend's children. 
  • @fatstagnation Wow, you should send her a bill!

@mdfarmchick She does run marathons so that wouldn't work. I think out loud I said "well she wasn't having contractions" or something and left the room. This same person has said a lot of really uninformed and judgmental things to me about pregnancy/fertility and I basically have to constantly bite my tongue in front of her in order to preserve our "friendship" because of her work relationship with MH. She had the nerve a few weeks ago to tell us that having twins wasn't hard because she went to a party last month and a couple at that party had 8 month old twins at home and they "seemed fine". Like for one thing, you just met these ppl at a party and do you really think they shared all their struggles with you??? Not to mention the fact that her social circle consists almost entirely of people who can afford live-in nannies --nothing wrong with going that route if that's you're thing, but it prooooobably changes the stress level at home just a tad. Anyway she and her H are TTC so when her time comes we shall see how "easy" everything is.
  • @vflux33 that woman is in for an awakening! Even people who seem to like pregnancy have complaints or problems of some sort when they really open up. 

I actually really like the woman whose kid's butt I washed. nobody's perfect...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @vflux33 that woman sounds crazy. I hope you don't have to see her often!
  • @stlbuckeye132 I have to see her all the time, and it sucks! Talking shit on her is becoming a daily hobby, which I'm not proud of, though she totally deserves it. 
  • @fatstagnation I really relate to this. I am shy, I work with the public and I have it down and don’t seems super shy in that setting where I am providing customer service and there are specific roles, but you can’t really fake it with kids, and what most kids are to me are just short candid strangers. I like some of them, and not all, just like adult strangers, but I am hardly comfortable with them when I have just met them.  
    A number of clients (hair salon) have brought in their kids and assumed I would play with them (no butt washing so far lol) while my husband or one of their other stylists works on their hair, and aside from the fact that I am at work, unless we are very close, or your child is in fact a dog, I am not more interested than I was before.  I love a few kids in my life desperately, but it isn’t just because they are kids.